Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:22:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Heirloom Items 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Heirloom Items  (Read 69570 times)
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: August 26, 2010, 07:09:16 PM

In beta, you can get Heirloom Capes and Hats.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: August 26, 2010, 07:23:55 PM

sorry, meant to say "another" heirloom ring.

And i believe someone datamined Heirloom pants, not sure though.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #107 on: August 26, 2010, 10:29:57 PM

Remember though that the heirloom items you have will only work up to level 80 in cata, after that you need to buy the new 1-85 heirlooms that cata will have. In addition to which there are another another 2 heirloom types in cata - head item which gives 10% and back item which gives 5% xp , oh and not forgetting the guild xp bonus which hits 10%. They sure want you to level fast, anyone would think cata doesn't have enough content or something.

Sure, but in Cata everyone will be replacing T17 their raid gear with green quest drops as soon as they zone into Hellfire Peninsula, so the Heirloom stuff won't be that big a deal, the way I see it.

Ohhhhh, I see.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: August 27, 2010, 05:44:24 AM

Remember though that the heirloom items you have will only work up to level 80 in cata, after that you need to buy the new 1-85 heirlooms that cata will have.

That is unfortunate.   I'm not the fence about cataclysm to begin with, but this feels pretty crappy.  I'm going back to school this semester and if I play WoW at all its going to be extremely casually/rarely.  I was kinda planning on getting that extra little boost from heirlooms as I leveled in Cata if I got it.   Heartbreak
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #109 on: August 27, 2010, 11:09:35 AM

Doesn't bother me, why would I want to skip content on the first guy anyway? Heirlooms are there to speed you up on the ones you do after you've already seen it all once.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #110 on: August 27, 2010, 12:18:44 PM

Doesn't bother me, why would I want to skip content on the first guy anyway? Heirlooms are there to speed you up on the ones you do after you've already seen it all once.

I thought the same thing. Handing people heirlooms from past content that let you speed through later content didn't seem to make any sense.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: August 27, 2010, 12:21:51 PM

why would I want to skip content on the first guy anyway?

Because I don't care about leveling content, I care about playing with my guild mates, who, are going to quickly out level me with the amount of play time I'm going to have, and heirlooms would've helped me to reach max level to do dungeons with them that much sooner.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: August 27, 2010, 12:22:48 PM

It's 5 levels, I wouldn't worry too much.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #113 on: August 27, 2010, 12:26:47 PM

why would I want to skip content on the first guy anyway?

Because I don't care about leveling content, I care about playing with my guild mates, who, are going to quickly out level me with the amount of play time I'm going to have, and heirlooms would've helped me to reach max level to do dungeons with them that much sooner.

It's probably 30 hours of normal playtime max to get those 5 levels. Add in rested xp and you probably would be done playing 5 hours a week for a month.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: August 27, 2010, 12:30:14 PM

Add in rested xp.
Only on your second pass through.  They wipe rested XP with each expansion.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: August 27, 2010, 12:33:21 PM

Add in rested xp.

In theory. For some reason Sjofn always seems to have a full bar on release day while I have nothing!

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: August 27, 2010, 01:02:52 PM

Add in rested xp.
That's not a consideration for Draegan who just said he's only going to be playing occasionally.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #117 on: August 27, 2010, 02:30:03 PM

Add in rested xp.

In theory. For some reason Sjofn always seems to have a full bar on release day while I have nothing!

It's 'cause I'm a girl.

God Save the Horn Players
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #118 on: October 02, 2010, 09:33:04 PM

I know you can add any of the sub-60/pre-BC enchants to the heirloom gear and still have them be tradable.

What about the bow/gun?

Can you add a Heartseeker Scope to the Charmed Ancient Bone Bow or Upgraded Dwarven Hand Cannon and still have the thing be tradable?

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: October 02, 2010, 09:58:04 PM

Yep. However, the enchant won't become "active" unless the character using it fits the enchant's level requirements.

Shrike
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: October 03, 2010, 09:07:00 AM

I know you can add any of the sub-60/pre-BC enchants to the heirloom gear and still have them be tradable.

What about the bow/gun?

Can you add a Heartseeker Scope to the Charmed Ancient Bone Bow or Upgraded Dwarven Hand Cannon and still have the thing be tradable?

I'm not entirely sure about this, but I don't believe there's anything past the original scopes that can go on a BoA bow/gun. I'd have to check on my engineer, but I'm thinking there isn't anything for ranged weapons. Maybe the +1 to +3 damage scopes.
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: October 03, 2010, 10:23:44 AM

I have the gun and there is something on it beyond the +1 and +3 scopes.  I want to say I have a heartseeker on it.  But the ever correct WoWhead comments note that you need to be 70 for the enchant to activate.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: October 04, 2010, 01:36:31 AM

I am thinking of getting the Heriloom Lava Dredger for my soon to be Worgen Druid alt, and am kind of undecided which enchant would be better to put on it.

Choice comes down to Lifestealing, fiery or Crusader.

Lifestealing seems to be the best bet, just cause i get the most benefit out of it in both bear and cat.

Fiery is next, just from a pure damage standpoint.

Crusader is also a good option, but since half the proc is probably going to be totally wasted as a cat (cats dont get ANYTHING from strength in Cata from what i remeber).

Anyone got any thoughts to add to help me make a good decision?

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #123 on: October 04, 2010, 03:32:34 AM

I always did Firey because that 40 damage is uber early on and still useful into the 60's.  I could never find enough mobs in tight enough packs to justify lifestealing when the trinket health proc worked just fine for continuous killing.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #124 on: October 04, 2010, 05:04:50 AM

I used Crusader on my BAR with my pally.  I don't think I casted a heal spell until Outlands.  The heal on it is enough to go from mob to mob without stopping. 
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #125 on: October 04, 2010, 08:18:34 AM

Unholy is also no longer terrible and worth thinking about, especially if you don't have an enchanter and have to scrounge for scrolls or whatever.  They added damage to it at some point so it is similar to fiery.
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: October 04, 2010, 09:23:02 AM

I could never find enough mobs in tight enough packs to justify lifestealing when the trinket health proc worked just fine for continuous killing.
I used lifestealing on a rogue for the off-hand, but that was pretty much it.  It does... slightly help.  But the trinket is much more reliable and gives more health.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #127 on: October 04, 2010, 09:27:39 AM

I could never find enough mobs in tight enough packs to justify lifestealing when the trinket health proc worked just fine for continuous killing.
I used lifestealing on a rogue for the off-hand, but that was pretty much it.  It does... slightly help.  But the trinket is much more reliable and gives more health.
I'm thinking I'm pairing fiery with either Crusader for my rogue. (I was thinking Crusader/Lifestealing). Rogues don't get much from str, but the +damage and the self-heals seem nice.
Shrike
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: October 04, 2010, 09:33:33 AM

This mirrors what I have put away for my anticipated worgen druid: lava dredger and armor pieces. Armor is obvious--+100hps to chest. The 'dredger, not so much. Crusader is probably the best bet, but I went with the +AGI one. The others are meant more for 1handers. The 'dredger is a pretty fast 2h, but I felt the agility was the best compromise for a feral type. +9 to damage would have been another good one, but they're damned hard to find and I haven't seen one for many a month--and no one in the guild seemed to have it.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #129 on: October 04, 2010, 09:36:05 AM

This mirrors what I have put away for my anticipated worgen druid: lava dredger and armor pieces. Armor is obvious--+100hps to chest. The 'dredger, not so much. Crusader is probably the best bet, but I went with the +AGI one. The others are meant more for 1handers. The 'dredger is a pretty fast 2h, but I felt the agility was the best compromise for a feral type. +9 to damage would have been another good one, but they're damned hard to find and I haven't seen one for many a month--and no one in the guild seemed to have it.
Try finding the +30 spellpower one. The one from MC, with the 1% drop rate off of bosses. Luckily, someone on my server always has four or five scrolls up for about 90 gold a piece, but the enchant sells for 8000 or so.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: October 04, 2010, 11:07:20 AM

I used unholy for my last guy, but he had healing of his own (paladin). Crusader would probably still be a better choice for something like an arms warrior.

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #131 on: October 04, 2010, 11:09:02 AM

I always did Firey because that 40 damage is uber early on and still useful into the 60's.  I could never find enough mobs in tight enough packs to justify lifestealing when the trinket health proc worked just fine for continuous killing.

Trinket? What trinket?

edit -
Just looked them up. God dammit. I don't think I have it in me to grind out another 400 marks to get 2 of each for both my wife's account and my own. I was just going to get the Dal Rend Sacred Charge for each if I happened to get enough tokens before they change the currencies.
 swamp poop ACK!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 11:13:27 AM by Azazel »

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #132 on: October 04, 2010, 11:13:28 AM

http://www.wowhead.com/item=42991/swift-hand-of-justice

There's also:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=42992

Also note that neither are unique and their procs do stack, so if you use two swift hands you'll heal twice.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: October 04, 2010, 02:50:42 PM

Lifestealing seems to be the best bet, just cause i get the most benefit out of it in both bear and cat.
I used this because it's a pretty purple. DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

You'll be slaughtering everything even without the enchant.  I doubt you'll go wrong with any of them.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #134 on: October 04, 2010, 03:59:09 PM

I wouldnt think the speed on the dredger would matter as a feral.  Wouldnt the proc rate be based on your cat / bear claw speed? which is fixed based on whichever form you are in and not the swing speed of the weapon (modified by haste of course).

Also, wouldnt +9 damage be useless as a feral enchant since you are not actually hitting the enemies with your physical weapon? Or have they changed the feral attack mechanics enough in Cata that it would somehow stack into your feral attacks?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 04:01:22 PM by SurfD »

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #135 on: October 04, 2010, 03:59:53 PM

Yeah the speed is irrelevant.

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #136 on: October 04, 2010, 04:48:51 PM

I put Unholy on my first weapon, kindasorta by accident. I've been putting Lifestealing onto the other since, as it came rather recommended. I thought I'd finally ground out my final heirlooms yesterday when I got my wife her Shammy chest and the Bone bow. Depending on when they implement the currency changes, I'll see if I can get a trinket for each of us each week, though I'm concerned that they will patch the changes in tonight, which will lilkely be an end to it, assuming the prices get bumped up as Ingmar said...

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #137 on: October 04, 2010, 04:52:03 PM

Ah, I thought it had been mentioned but maybe it wasn't here - they announced they were going to up the conversion rate for badges->points, so it shouldn't be as bad as it was when I first checked out the PTR.

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #138 on: October 04, 2010, 05:20:03 PM

I did see that, but I inferred from one of your recent posts that the conversion rate would still be markedly less value than things are currently going for?

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #139 on: October 04, 2010, 05:22:04 PM

Hm, no, I don't think so. I might have misstated something. I *think* MMO Champion has a calculator with the most recent values in it, if you want to mess around with that. Might have to do some digging to find the prices.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Heirloom Items  
Jump to: