Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:47:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Looking for a home 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Looking for a home  (Read 36069 times)
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #105 on: January 12, 2010, 02:27:25 PM

I felt like around 42 or so things opened up a lot actually. The 30-somethings I felt were the introduction to not as good zones. But 39-42 or so, maybe there's a zone hiding somewhere, but I felt like I was scrambling to find enough do-able quests. More likely it's the gap left by not being able to do group zones.

But at 45 I feel like I'm cruising, I can kill easily, I have 2 feign deaths as an "oh shit" button, I have a flock of white quests in Forochel. Things are pretty good.

I am doing something very, very wrong.  Can you share your build?

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: January 12, 2010, 04:41:41 PM

All in on warrior skald: medium armor, unrelenting, light in the dark, powerful voice, harmonious melody.
Valour, Justice, Loyalty, Idealism, Empathy.

I stack a lot of Will and run Tale of Heroism, though I have no idea how much that helps. I have 310 points of tactical crit.

I carry a +15 damage/+7 cost drum. With Light in the dark for 10 and four warrior skald for 25 that's 50% bonus damage on ballads. Plus 20% once I get the damage buff ballad off.

Orange yellow pairs I'm very consistent with, though I end up out of power and usually need an athelas (it's cheap with skirmish marks). I can take on a yellow or orange signature without much problem, depends on my luck.

The one thing is if something goes wrong, particularly if I'm surrounded or there's a patrol, I just have no chance. I run for a safe spot and feign death (I get two because I'm a hobbit).

And I just realized that I'm not wearing any more medium armor, so I guess I should drop that and slot something else as I only need the four warrior skald for the bonus.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #107 on: January 14, 2010, 12:07:59 PM

My level 20 burglar has won the lottery again. A couple blue tools, some marks, a few other things. Maybe it's Turbine telling me to play that toon.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: January 14, 2010, 12:59:32 PM

Those tools are godlike.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #109 on: January 23, 2010, 08:53:17 AM

About to hit level 50.   awesome, for real

Took about 3 weeks of work.  Plan now is to get some new armor and legendaries.  Thanks to Ratty I have the level 50 banners.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #110 on: January 23, 2010, 09:12:56 PM

What's the deal with a lottery? You have to have an account on their stupid community site and log into that six times a week to sign up or some such shit? (to help your account get hacked via their community site?)

Sigh. Typical Turbine/Lotro lack of polish, commonsense or logic. Go to their mylotro site, try to log in, it tells me you need an active subscription. I can follow a different link to log into my turbine account which shows my sub. follow another link back to my lotro, and same shit again. Nowhere can I see a place to create a mylotro or forum account.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 09:22:03 PM by Azazel »

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: January 24, 2010, 07:34:55 AM

Sigh. Typical Turbine/Lotro lack of polish, commonsense or logic. Go to their mylotro site, try to log in, it tells me you need an active subscription. I can follow a different link to log into my turbine account which shows my sub. follow another link back to my lotro, and same shit again. Nowhere can I see a place to create a mylotro or forum account.

Um, its on your account page... Create forum log in or some such. And just an FYI, Forum and account are two different log ins.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: January 24, 2010, 08:03:18 AM

About to hit level 50.   awesome, for real

Would you mind sharing your strategy on getting from 35 - 50?  I'm finding the amount of running to be crazy excessive and skirmishes getting old pretty fast.  If I could find a more efficient way to navigate quests/quest hubs I imagine that I'd enjoy the game a lot more.  

Edit: It's not that I'm in a huge hurry to get to the level cap.  When I only have an hour to play, I'd rather spend it bashing mobs than running in huge circles. 
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 08:17:47 AM by Nebu »

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: January 24, 2010, 08:10:57 AM

I can't believe what a difference free travel has made this weekend.  They should think about easing up on the pricing and the restrictions on "fast travel" as well.  It's absolutely stupid that by the time you actually have the reputation to qualify for the fast travel option you're basically done with that zone forever.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #114 on: January 24, 2010, 11:05:23 AM

No Cheddar, but I hit 35 about the same time as him.
If you haven't been to Rivendell and talked to anyone with a halo, do so. There's about half a level at 38 of back and forth quests, including the Riddles line from Bilbo in the Last Homey Home, and lots of 'talk to Elrond, run across Rivendell to talk to X, who sends you to talk to Elrond'
35-38 The Tinnudir/Ost Forod/Across the Lake stuff in Evendim, and finishing any remaining non Nan Walthen/Dol Dinen quests in North Downs and Lone Lands East. I think the first few South Trollshaws quests open up then too. (killing pigs, killing cave claw things)
 38-40 West Angmar: the giant guys on the middle path up from Estelin, cold worm quests from Estedlin on the left path, and the Crannog quest line in Aughaire which gets you a good set of Fem armor, and should get you to 42 or so. Lots of the Aughaire quests give decent loot too
40+  was all the remaining West Angmar stuff, the Book 6 (all soloable) Epic quest to open East Angmar, then the part of Trollshaws in the south-east, Echad Candelleth, and on into Eregion.
45 you go to Echad Dunnan in se Eregion, talk to the guy at the3 glowy gate, and do the opening Moria stuff, which gets you about a level, and your first 2 Legendary Items. Then go back and finish up whichever zones you haven't. I went and did some of East Angmar, finished up the now gray Book2 and Book3 stuff, and generally just cleaned up exploration deeds and level 45 class quest drops. You can do the rest of Eregion too. It's a good zone. Got me to 51, leveled both my legendaries to 20.

If you don't have a fast horse yet, you should get one. Drop me a line in-game if you're short cash or gear.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: January 24, 2010, 11:48:14 AM

How do you get a fast horse? I still just have the normal one I got at level 35.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #116 on: January 24, 2010, 12:01:01 PM

The 35 horse is the fast horse. You can get a cheap slow one now at 20 (founders get a free one at 15)
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: January 24, 2010, 12:03:28 PM

Ahh ok. I was hoping there was another travel improvement that I'd missed out on during one of my lengthy vacations.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #118 on: January 26, 2010, 06:36:11 AM

I can't believe what a difference free travel has made this weekend.  They should think about easing up on the pricing and the restrictions on "fast travel" as well.  It's absolutely stupid that by the time you actually have the reputation to qualify for the fast travel option you're basically done with that zone forever.

Gotta agree with this.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Looking for a home  
Jump to: