Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:53:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Looking for a home 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Looking for a home  (Read 36633 times)
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: December 14, 2009, 06:51:28 AM

If they implemented WOW's new LFG system [preferably cross-server] with instant ports to instances / back at will, it would be verrrry nice and I'd probably resub. The question is, does that go against teh Vision™? :P

Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: December 14, 2009, 06:54:17 AM

The question is, does that go against teh Vision™? :P

Have you played LotRO?  Ohhhhh, I see.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: December 14, 2009, 07:00:28 AM

The question is, does that go against teh Vision™? :P

Have you played LotRO?  Ohhhhh, I see.
I was going to link my level 49 LM's mylotro page, but inactive accounts don't get those. :/

And yes, the last sentence was mostly tongue-in-cheek, but the first one was serious... that is, unless you can do skirmish-style 'hit a button to queue, solo until queue is up, then boom, instance with a fully assembled group and you'll be right back to your questing when you're done' instancing for everything, including book instances (if you can, forget I said anything).
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 07:02:54 AM by Zetor »

Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: December 14, 2009, 07:11:23 AM

I was being snarky. tongue My point was that Turbine aren't deliberately adverse to ease-of-play or anything from what I've seen, they're just competing with a company that has money sombreros while they themselves have to settle for kippot.

Other than that, yeah, it would be great but I'm not holding my breath. smiley

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: December 14, 2009, 07:14:19 AM

Any sort of real LFF system would help. Flag for multiple quests/instances/skirmishes. They have the travel options already don't they with those horn thingies? I don't think it really needs to be cross server and I suspect they don't have the $ to do that, but I see people around enough. Just impossible to get together. They could do so much if they just had a proper lff tool.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #40 on: December 14, 2009, 07:15:06 AM

Yes.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: December 14, 2009, 03:28:23 PM

I get lots of group at all levels in LOTRO.  Here's what I do. I group invite anyone I see lurking around my quest area.  Nine times out of ten they accept.  LOTRO community is pretty great mostly.

Oh and Minstrels are fun up to around lvl 40.  Then the suck begins.  Come to think of it I think 40 is the magic number where LOTRO goes from enchanting life in Middle Earth to knuckle down and grind MMO.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #42 on: December 14, 2009, 07:34:20 PM

I'd go back to WoW,
I've toyed with the idea of hitting up WoW again, taking out my orc hunter that I loved (even if they nerfed named pets eons ago). But what the fuck is up with the expensive expansions? I'm spoiled by EQ2, buy the expansion every couple years and get all the others free. Looking at Amazon, it'd be $67+t/s for two goddamned expansions!

I group like Tann does, quick and dirty PUGs, run through everyone's quests for an area, disband. Nearing the end of Dragon Age, I'll be popping into lotro every now and again.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: December 19, 2009, 07:21:51 AM

I've sort of ground to a halt at 35. The quest frustration level goes way way up with long travel times and lots of really unbalanced encounters (multiple orange mobs, some of whom are invisible, on a white quest? WTF?) If I slog through the trollshaws and the 30s, or just skirmish my way through, does it get better? Does Moria and Mirkwood bring back the kind of well crafted zones that you see up to 30? Is there a there there?

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: December 19, 2009, 07:29:02 AM

Where do I go to try the skirmishes? My account got turned back on for the next few days and my burglar is currently sitting somewhere in Moria at level 55.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: December 19, 2009, 08:25:26 AM

There are skirmish camps outside of most of the towns.

rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #46 on: December 19, 2009, 10:18:14 AM

I think 35 is where I started Evendim, or whatever that zone above the Shire is called, that gets you to ~40 so you can start west Angmar or Forochel, and it all goes fast from there. If you've already done that area, it's fairly bleak. The Trollshaws higher stuff is patchy at best.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #47 on: December 19, 2009, 02:33:35 PM

I am loving my mini, and evidently rock at it.  Problem is my build is completely anti-solo and I am forced to group.

Which isn't too bad, God bless Marween lol.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Tragny
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: December 24, 2009, 01:16:32 AM

Gimpy and I are looking to give this a go. He wants to go Minstrel. I'm completely unsure. Any suggestions for an interesting duo? Also, suggestions for any deals to go from trial to full game would be appreciated.

"Masturbation is a more rewarding pursuit." -- Evangolis
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: December 24, 2009, 09:35:05 AM

I'm partial to Loremaster/Hunter duo myself.  You have enough crowd control and debuffs  between both classes to not have to worry about tanking anything, you have spot heals for emergencies, and you can teleport around the world, to take the initial sting out of travel.  You however won't be entirely group friendly since there are a billion hunters and other dps classes already.

Runekeeper/Guardian also works somewhat well, since you have tank/healer when you need it and tank/dps for all other situations, and is obviously a great deal more group friendly than the other combo.  Minstrel also works in this, but is lower dps than Runekeeper.

Champion/Minstrel can work, since both can AOE fairly significantly, and the Champion can tank fairly well in a duo.

Burglars can also act as spot healers later on for groups/duos with their fellowship manuever openers, and they're primary debuffers also.  They can work in a similar role to the loremaster above, and can actually share their stealth with another player at higher levels. 

For any non-group content though, you can honestly go at it with pretty much any duo, and if you're decent at your classes, you can generally handle small group content as well.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #50 on: December 24, 2009, 11:59:15 AM

I'll just add that a hunter/hunter duo can see some problems. Ohhhhh, I see.  The way the game is built, you won't have any problem picking a pair of classes that work together well enough to progress.  Besides, you can always carry food and potions if you die a lot or need/want healing.  My wife and I do OK with a RK/Hunter pair but the lack of CC does bite from time to time... works better than the hunter/hunter thing we used to do.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: December 24, 2009, 01:28:34 PM

My wife and I do OK with a RK/Hunter pair but the lack of CC does bite from time to time...

Crafted triple traps.  It's not a sustained mez, but it'll keep most normal pulls off of you for a long while.  Crafted traps in general are your friend in this case, hope you know a weaponsmith.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 01:31:23 PM by Ard »
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: December 24, 2009, 02:05:21 PM

My wife and I do OK with a RK/Hunter pair but the lack of CC does bite from time to time...

Crafted triple traps.  It's not a sustained mez, but it'll keep most normal pulls off of you for a long while.  Crafted traps in general are your friend in this case, hope you know a weaponsmith.

Crafted traps, decoys, ranged root trait, beneath notice, snares, ranged slows, in combat trap trait...

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #53 on: December 24, 2009, 04:34:08 PM

Gimpy and I are looking to give this a go. He wants to go Minstrel. I'm completely unsure. Any suggestions for an interesting duo? Also, suggestions for any deals to go from trial to full game would be appreciated.

Champ/Mini duo is rock solid.  RK/Champ duo would rock out as well - added advantage is both of you can solo as needed.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
gimpyone
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: December 26, 2009, 05:56:06 PM

Hey hey,
Tried to talk to Cheddar tonight but since I'm on a trial I can't do so.
Send me a tell on Cadwin someone.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #55 on: December 26, 2009, 06:53:40 PM

Hey hey,
Tried to talk to Cheddar tonight but since I'm on a trial I can't do so.
Send me a tell on Cadwin someone.

Oooh, I was wondering why I had a random invite from a level 13.  I think if I add you to friends list we can talk, will test shortly.

edit.  It did, Gimpy also added to Kin.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 06:55:15 PM by Cheddar »

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #56 on: December 28, 2009, 08:21:51 PM

Yes, that would be my wife's alt, Wegelred. Ohhhhh, I see.  Without the traps, things would be crappy.  I think she can do other things but I left my hunter at lv39.

Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #57 on: December 30, 2009, 09:27:00 PM

when are you guys on?  Whats the timezone for this kin? 

wife and I are fed up with our kin on Elindilmir since they have turned into a hardcore raiding group
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #58 on: December 30, 2009, 10:26:08 PM

The timezone is 'most of the time' It's a diverse crowd, f13 people seem to be on mostly primetime across the US, but there's a few bored housewife/grizzled old crazies that are on all the time. 1am-6am EST seems to be the dead time.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: December 31, 2009, 05:59:23 AM

when are you guys on?  Whats the timezone for this kin? 

wife and I are fed up with our kin on Elindilmir since they have turned into a hardcore raiding group

About time you entered the fold.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?  Also, what Rattran said.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #60 on: December 31, 2009, 09:38:49 PM

thanks we will definitely think about it.   Still the best game for PvE IMO.  But may take a bit of a break.  Cheers.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #61 on: January 03, 2010, 05:38:12 PM

There seems to be a lot of rerolling going on lately.  I just rolled a fancy new Captain!

Its a good time to join with the kin having a laarge spread of levels.

rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #62 on: January 03, 2010, 06:48:31 PM

Heh, I started a Captain myself. Seems to be the in thing!
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #63 on: January 03, 2010, 06:59:27 PM

Heh, I started a Captain myself. Seems to be the in thing!

They are one of the more underplayed classes for some reason.  Captains are extremely versatile and rugged, but don't excel at any 1 thing.  I think thats what throws people off.

Captains are the bomb in a group after 30.  Damage, buffs, shitload of healing 4tw!

Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: January 04, 2010, 04:08:51 AM

Captains are "race of man" only. I think that's a big reason you don't see more as well.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: January 04, 2010, 04:19:37 AM

Next to hunters, Captains are the most common class that I see in the level 1-30 range.  Seems a popular class for people rerolling.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: January 04, 2010, 07:55:22 AM

I've got a 27 LM, but she's been inactive for a while while I play with various chars on Gladden.

If anyone needs accompaniment in the 10PM-1AM EST window, I can be there between putting kids to bed and putting self to bed.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 07:58:41 AM by Stormwaltz »

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: January 04, 2010, 03:18:11 PM

Good news!

Looks like we joined an alliance with a group of other guilds (using the fancy in game ability to make other chat channels).

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #68 on: January 04, 2010, 05:12:26 PM

Awesome, time to build some stations in zero-sec.

rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #69 on: January 04, 2010, 08:02:07 PM

There were people 'are-peeing' in the alliance chat last night. I'm ascared to go in again.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Looking for a home  
Jump to: