Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:44:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Internet Dating: Everyone's still shallow 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Internet Dating: Everyone's still shallow  (Read 407339 times)
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1190 on: January 12, 2012, 12:42:45 PM

THis one is my favorite.

I'm sorry this one is better: http://www.abadcaseofthedates.com/2012/01/pizza-pond-and-wardrobe.html
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 12:52:32 PM by Draegan »
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1191 on: January 12, 2012, 01:15:25 PM

That site is filled with so much wtf...even if half is actually true, I count my blessings that I am not going on dates now. Thanks again thread people.  ACK!

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1192 on: January 12, 2012, 01:24:49 PM

I suspect 'Story sent in by' gives the game away somewhat.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1193 on: January 12, 2012, 01:30:03 PM

Stop tugging at the curtain.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #1194 on: January 12, 2012, 01:31:49 PM

So here's a situation which I'd like some feedback on.

Say you meet someone online.  You exchange a few emails, and have a couple of phone calls, seem to be hitting it off, and decide to meet.  You meet for dinner at a popular, busy restaurant, and are seated at the table.

The first thing your date does is ask to see your driver's license.  You produce it, and they scrutinize it for a full minute before handing it back to you.  Then they pull out a cell phone and ask you to pose for a picture.  They take the picture, spend several minutes forwarding it to several friends/acquaintances/etc. and waiting for their responses.  Then they put their cell phone away and launch into conversation as if nothing had happened.

What is your response to this?  How do you forsee the rest of the date going?

(Yes, this actually happened to me a year ago.  Yes, I'll respond with my response after a couple of others respond.)

wat

No seriously, what? That is crazy. I would spend the rest of the date thinking "What? What the fuck was that?" Assuming we didn't just end the date early because no you cannot see my fucking license you crazy bitch.

God Save the Horn Players
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1195 on: January 12, 2012, 01:35:37 PM

I should get my friend to go into detail about the date he went on with the chick who owned a raccoon.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #1196 on: January 12, 2012, 01:36:40 PM

I assume she was planning on sleeping with you, so she wanted to make sure you knew her friends knew who you were so that you wouldn't kill her and dump her body the next morning.

- Viin
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #1197 on: January 12, 2012, 01:54:39 PM

I assume she was planning on sleeping with you, so she wanted to make sure you knew her friends knew who you were so that you wouldn't kill her and dump her body the next morning.

This.  Anytime a woman would go through all that it typically means she's thinking about having sex, which usually is decided within the first 5 mins. of meeting a man.  Those men who spot "the signs" go home winners and not complainers.

This is also why it's a good idea on a first date to find that common bond that (if even distantly) links you somehow to her life; if not that, then make sure you give up a lot of personal info. (be vulnerable) that can be easily verified.  It ramps up the trust factor by orders of magnitude.

I've seen women go from suspecting I (or my friends) roll out in a white Econoline, to pretty much doing whatever it takes to get laid... all in the space of a few hours.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1198 on: January 12, 2012, 02:07:53 PM

I should get my friend to go into detail about the date he went on with the chick who owned a raccoon.

You are now absolutely required by law to share a story with that intriguing a tagline.

schild
Administrator

Reply #1199 on: January 12, 2012, 02:14:24 PM

I made it through one post on that dating site. Not even a little bit interesting. But that might be because I went on, I don't know, 100+ first dates in the last 3 years.
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #1200 on: January 12, 2012, 03:59:04 PM

I would politely ask what that was about, shrug and tell her I'm not insane, enjoy my dinner and never see her again.

Paelos pretty much hit my reaction on the nose.  Her response?  "You can't be too careful when meeting someone from online."

Yeah, there are murderers, crazies, and psychos galore online (and everywhere).  But trust is needed to start a relationship, and she didn't have any walking in the door.

I've seen women go from suspecting I (or my friends) roll out in a white Econoline, to pretty much doing whatever it takes to get laid... all in the space of a few hours.

Remind me to post the date story I told Lantyssa someday.  When I'm far more intoxicated than I am now...

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #1201 on: January 12, 2012, 04:08:42 PM

If you're going to be that damn paranoid about people you meet on the internet, don't date people you meet on the internet. Because apparently she was incapable of thinking of you as a real person, rather than a potentially murderous internet person.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #1202 on: January 12, 2012, 04:15:30 PM

She coulda at least been sly about it, and just made some fake "look at my bad driver's license picture" ... let's see yours! The mugshot...... whoa.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #1203 on: January 12, 2012, 04:17:30 PM

Oh, but then the possibly crazed internet guy might've seen her address on her license, since she'd have to show hers first!  why so serious?

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1204 on: January 12, 2012, 04:28:35 PM

Yeah, there are murderers, crazies, and psychos galore online (and everywhere).  But trust is needed to start a relationship, and she didn't have any walking in the door.

It's not even a question of trust, she's just nuts.  Like I said, I just don't give out my last name or my address on a first date (maybe at the end if I have a strong feeling there's going to be a second date).  Most girls I've met online have a similar policy.  It's completely reasonable to wait to start doling out the trust until AFTER you've had at least an hour to get to know them.

There's a huge gulf between that and "pose for a mug shot please".

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #1205 on: January 12, 2012, 04:46:43 PM

I did end a date in the middle of a meal once by saying "I need to go to my car" and then driving home.

Tell me more.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #1206 on: January 12, 2012, 05:16:43 PM

To which I'd say, well, yeah;  because we didn't know about the chasm that existed in your soul.

There are far worse stories. Tread on the internet dating posters carefully.

I made it through one post on that dating site. Not even a little bit interesting. But that might be because I went on, I don't know, 100+ first dates in the last 3 years.

"So what do you do for a living?"
"I'm a life coach" and speed dating at 40.

Japanese-looking speed date: "Hi."
"Hi, I'm (Tale), what's your name?"
"No English."
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #1207 on: January 12, 2012, 05:40:47 PM

She coulda at least been sly about it, and just made some fake "look at my bad driver's license picture" ... let's see yours!
This would have been a fun game to play.  I look nothing like my driver's license anymore, people aren't even sure it's mine...
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #1208 on: January 12, 2012, 06:47:09 PM

The first thing your date does is ask to see your driver's license.  You produce it, and they scrutinize it for a full minute before handing it back to you.  Then they pull out a cell phone and ask you to pose for a picture.  They take the picture, spend several minutes forwarding it to several friends/acquaintances/etc. and waiting for their responses. 

I'm going to guess she was finding out if anyone in her network had gone out with you in the past.

I think it's fairly common in online dating that there is a lot of crossover where a relatively small pool of people go on dates.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1209 on: January 12, 2012, 07:10:05 PM

I'm going to guess she was finding out if anyone in her network had gone out with you in the past.

She could have done that before the date by passing around a link to his profile, though, with him being none the wiser.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #1210 on: January 13, 2012, 12:10:27 AM

I did end a date in the middle of a meal once by saying "I need to go to my car" and then driving home.

Tell me more.

Blind(ish) date, she started out by criticizing how I looked, then when the waiter came over she ordered two glasses of white wine without asking me if I wanted any. (I think chardonnay is only fit for cleaning pipes) Then spent a long, long time going over the menu, then quizzing the waiter about everything on it. Then ordered a meal, changing everything about the dish. Nattered on about people I don't know for a while, asked if I was going to finish the wine I hadn't touched then took it and started drinking before I could reply, her glasss still being half-full. The meals came, she immediately made a scene that it was not what she'd ordered (it was). Demanded they redo hers correctly, and take mine away and redo it as it would be cold by the time hers was 'fixed'. Then she started loudly talking about how terrible the place was, and she was glad she didn't have to pay for it. A few minutes more of that and I made my exit.

My phone didn't start ringing until I'd been gone for an hour. The coworker who set me up never said a word about it. I should go back to that steak house when I'm in Phoenix next month, take the fiancee this time.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1211 on: January 13, 2012, 12:35:25 AM

Achievement Unlocked :  Ironwood Giggles.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #1212 on: January 13, 2012, 01:00:27 AM

...reading that date site is making me twitch.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #1213 on: January 13, 2012, 01:25:04 AM

Blind(ish) date...

I salute you, sir!

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #1214 on: January 13, 2012, 04:39:37 AM

Women really are insane, aren't they?

That site is awesome.  Can't wait to spend hours reading that stuff.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #1215 on: January 13, 2012, 05:04:16 AM

Tell me more.

Blind(ish) date, she started out by criticizing how I looked, then when the waiter came over she ordered two glasses of white wine without asking me if I wanted any. (I think chardonnay is only fit for cleaning pipes) Then spent a long, long time going over the menu, then quizzing the waiter about everything on it. Then ordered a meal, changing everything about the dish. Nattered on about people I don't know for a while, asked if I was going to finish the wine I hadn't touched then took it and started drinking before I could reply, her glasss still being half-full. The meals came, she immediately made a scene that it was not what she'd ordered (it was). Demanded they redo hers correctly, and take mine away and redo it as it would be cold by the time hers was 'fixed'. Then she started loudly talking about how terrible the place was, and she was glad she didn't have to pay for it. A few minutes more of that and I made my exit.

My phone didn't start ringing until I'd been gone for an hour. The coworker who set me up never said a word about it. I should go back to that steak house when I'm in Phoenix next month, take the fiancee this time.

This sounds like the typical "wealthy man's" date. 

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1216 on: January 13, 2012, 05:50:31 AM

Tell me more.

I have had two of these types of dates back about 10 years ago. I tend to do blowback in these situations. As soon as it appears the date is taking a turn, I will start in on the socially awkward behaviors and really tank it. Take your shoes off, tuck the napkin into you neck collar, flip the chair around and sit straddling the back, or my favorite... every so oftenn flinch severely as if an unseen bug is flying around your ear. If the date is going to tank, might as well take things as far as they can go.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #1217 on: January 13, 2012, 06:19:15 AM

Number one, easiest way to tell if a woman is not worth your time: when they make themselves feel important by treating waiters like shit. I essentially lost a friendship that I'd had since highschool over this, once he married her.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1218 on: January 13, 2012, 06:41:08 AM

Number one, easiest way to tell if a woman is not worth your time: when they make themselves feel important by treating waiters like shit. I essentially lost a friendship that I'd had since highschool over this, once he married her.

Whenever I see this, I ask them if they've ever worked in the service industry. The answer is invariably no with a bunch of extra bullshit tied on top about how they waited tables at camp or something. I then inform them that if they had, they would never actually treat anyone like that or tip so low.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1219 on: January 13, 2012, 07:01:56 AM

I tend to do blowback in these situations. As soon as it appears the date is taking a turn, I will start in on the socially awkward behaviors and really tank it. Take your shoes off, tuck the napkin into you neck collar, flip the chair around and sit straddling the back, or my favorite... every so oftenn flinch severely as if an unseen bug is flying around your ear. If the date is going to tank, might as well take things as far as they can go.

You are my new favorite poster.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #1220 on: January 13, 2012, 07:09:38 AM

I tend to do blowback in these situations. As soon as it appears the date is taking a turn, I will start in on the socially awkward behaviors and really tank it. Take your shoes off, tuck the napkin into you neck collar, flip the chair around and sit straddling the back, or my favorite... every so oftenn flinch severely as if an unseen bug is flying around your ear. If the date is going to tank, might as well take things as far as they can go.

You are my new favorite poster.
Now I need to ask my girlfriend if I can do some dating just to give this a try.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #1221 on: January 13, 2012, 07:44:47 AM

-My first net-derived date was in college... using AOL (like everyone else was at the time).  Seduced this girl from Dothan, Alabama (umm yah, Dothan) in some chatroom; maybe it was the Astrology chatroom.  awesome, for real  Anyways, she looked and sounded cute so I got her to drive all the way from Dothan to Gainesville.  Oh god, what a mistake... having the "wrong" one stuck in your dorm for a weekend is no fun.  Basically she turned out to be a pretty scraggly redneck type with a gunshot hole/wound in her stomach.   She was kinda sweet though, just not my thing.  My floormate ended up playing wingman and took over; he was your typical nerdy recluse (ended up working for Rockwell) and got excited about the whole thing, only to have wingman's remorse the day after.  We used to poke fun that he'd likely stuck it in the wrong hole.   Rimshot

-Next time was just after getting back from college.  Same deal, chatroom.  Met a local girl from Lauderdale, swapped pix, talked on the phone forever, yada yada.  Finally went on a movie date and she turned out to be a total phreak.  She bit my penix through my pants whilst laying on my lap in the movie (she had no interest in the film).  For some reason we had pretty good chemistry and one old man pulled us aside and told us we looked perfect for eachother and so happy together (on a 1st goddamned date no less).  She was Italian-PuertoRican (so yah, nice ass), curly brown hair, amazing boobies.  But, she was a total fruitcake and dumbarse (much like most of the women in SoFla).  I just cant be tasked with dealing with that.  She turned out to be "poor white trash" and lived in a run-down trailer with like 10 cats, although she did profess to being good friends (or cousins maybe?) with Xtina Aguilera (whom we chatted with a bit on AoL); this was around the time "genii in a bottle" was just released.  Ohhhhh, I see. Whole thing ended after I took her back to her house after hanging out one night at my place; total phreak.  Never slept with her 'cause I could see it would be a future problem.  And never called her again after that, yet she'd call me about 50 times/day for the next 2 weeks, literally.

-Let's see, the next 'date' wasn't really a date but just making friends (or so I thought).  Beautiful plus-sized model type.  I never intended to 'get with her' but it became obvious she wanted more.  She was a former prison guard, which was kinda hawt but scary at the same time.  Anyways, she was a bit too "linebacker" for me (I'm only like 5'8" 140lbs).  I couldnt get over the size issue.  Also once again, a bit daft and too sofla ghetto for me.  We stayed friends though and she ended up dating Allen Iverson and having his secret lovechild.  Basketball players like big women btw.   Ohhhhh, I see.

-Around that time was dating another girl also met online.  This one was COMPLETELY blind at first meeting (which was dinner and a movie on the riverfront).  I was feeling particularly bold after having deduced what she'd likely look like; it became an interesting project to me after gathering all the facts, verifying her features.  She showed all the textual signs of being attractive... another blue-eyed latin-italian, sofla coral springs girl, knew the nightlife well, a bit pookieheaded in her speech patterns, single-mom at too young an age, dated a lot, drove a tuned riceburner, etc.  So she shows up at the gate and of course I'm staring at her from the upstairs window (with the lights off).  I had this plan that if she was a sea-donkey that I might just not answer the door.  She walks up the path and she's a stunner... like smokin' hot.  Blue-eyed, lean, curly auburn haired, high cheekboned, plump arsed beauty.  Showed up in a tight red cocktail dress and stilletos.  I remember it well.  Needless to say I answered the door. 
Long-story shortened, she was pretty quick in a streetsmart kinda way but not well educated.  Tough girl really that'd been through a lot with all the wrong guys.  Her problem was dealing with the fact a man would be interested in her even though she was a single mom (she had a 3 yr. old; beautiful daughter that actually looked like it coulda been mine).  So she tended to be pretty skitterish and unpredictable.  She'd play tough-to-get and then suddenly throw herself at me... rinse, wash, repeat.  Screw that noise, so we drifted apart.  By the time she realized her stupidity I'd already settled down with my current gf of 10+ yrs.  I believe she got knocked-up again (she was Catholic and didnt believe in birth control) with another wrong guy. 

-Current gf of 10+ years I met online as well.  First date was the 1st x-men movie with all her friends (so it was really casual and just for fun).  I never intended to even date her actually.  I was just looking for some entertainment at the time and really just wanted to see the damned flick.  I held her hand in the movie and that was that. (some women get apeshit in love if you simply hold their hand evidently).  The reality is she's almost the most incompatible person I could envision myself with; go figure.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #1222 on: January 13, 2012, 08:00:19 AM

You are a bizarre human being.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #1223 on: January 13, 2012, 08:13:53 AM

You are a bizarre human being.

I'll take that as a compliment.  So thanks, I think.
But praytell what exactly was bizarre about my post?  I found it pretty normal.  Most "non-bizarre" people in the dating scene have much more entertaining tales than mine.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1224 on: January 13, 2012, 08:34:32 AM

We could catalog the stunning number of stereotypes you not only spouted but also displayed in one post to explain it to you, but I don't really think you'd get it.  awesome, for real

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 42 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Internet Dating: Everyone's still shallow  
Jump to: