Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:24:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Internet Dating: Everyone's still shallow 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Internet Dating: Everyone's still shallow  (Read 407391 times)
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #1225 on: January 13, 2012, 08:39:17 AM

F13.net is full of "players". Who'd have thought THAT ?

(I thought I was the only one)

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #1226 on: January 13, 2012, 08:53:52 AM

We could catalog the stunning number of stereotypes you not only spouted but also displayed in one post to explain it to you, but I don't really think you'd get it.  awesome, for real

edit: but I had fun though.  And yes, I would get it actually.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1227 on: January 13, 2012, 08:55:16 AM

I know I didn't think we even did MMOs any more.

What...?

Also Ghambit, every time you post I feel like I'm hearing a sleazy guy in a bar tell me his theories on women/work/play or telling me about his life stories. But you seem to be cool with coming across that way so carry on.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
WayAbvPar

Reply #1228 on: January 13, 2012, 09:11:55 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4i4TF4QY96E

Found some video of Ghambit drinking with his buddies a few years back  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #1229 on: January 13, 2012, 09:17:01 AM

I like my date story that ends with me waking up being nuzzled by a miniature horse better.  Unfortunately, like many of my stories the punchline is better without the explanation.  Of course, the one that involved a cattle prod, a pair of handcuffs, and my stealing a "Kiss The Cook" apron so I didn't get arrested for streaking is pretty hilarious all the way through.

--Dave
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 09:18:34 AM by MahrinSkel »

--Signature Unclear
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #1230 on: January 13, 2012, 09:42:44 AM

Also Ghambit, every time you post I feel like I'm hearing a sleazy guy in a bar tell me his theories on women/work/play or telling me about his life stories. But you seem to be cool with coming across that way so carry on.

IDK, the only part that disgusted me about Ghambit's post is that he didn't bang number two just for sport!

Reading these stories are great entertainment, thanks gents.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #1231 on: January 13, 2012, 09:49:37 AM

Every time Ghambit posts about women I get the vibe he's a nerd high school senior talking about his Girlfriend in Canada that he totally didn't make up.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #1232 on: January 13, 2012, 10:15:12 AM

I like my date story that ends with me waking up being nuzzled by a miniature horse better.

I totally read this as being nuzzled by someone who bets on miniature horses.  Had to read it again before I saw it was 'better' and not 'bettor'.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1233 on: January 13, 2012, 10:15:48 AM

Every time Ghambit posts about women I get the vibe he's a nerd high school senior talking about his Girlfriend in Canada that he totally didn't make up.

Oh thank God, I thought I was the only one.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1234 on: January 13, 2012, 10:32:39 AM

We should start a club.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1235 on: January 13, 2012, 10:58:47 AM

I would venture a guess that the people who don't think that are the minority.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1236 on: January 13, 2012, 11:10:18 AM

I'm still trying to imagine plus sized model prison guard.

Really.

And did Randall Boggs ever walk again ?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1237 on: January 13, 2012, 11:52:45 AM

I made it through one post on that dating site. Not even a little bit interesting. But that might be because I went on, I don't know, 100+ first dates in the last 3 years.

Is it safe to assume the only things you like are anything out of Japan and Magic Cards these days?
schild
Administrator

Reply #1238 on: January 13, 2012, 12:19:17 PM

What does Japan have to do with anything?
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #1239 on: January 13, 2012, 12:21:57 PM

IDK, the only part that disgusted me about Ghambit's post is that he didn't bang number two just for sport!

Reading these stories are great entertainment, thanks gents.

Glad someone was entertained as that was kind of the point, blatant stereotypes or not. (who woulda thunk sleazy generalizations in a "shallow internet dating thread."  Ohhhhh, I see.)
As for banging #2, it was just not worth the trouble.  She knew where I lived (which was unfortunately only a few blocks away), had my phone number, email, etc.  And something about her just seemed "off."  And the reality is, I am indeed too dorky, shy, and morally above water to play the game that way - as sleazy as I sound.  Hell, my past dating life doesnt hold a candle to most of the posters in here.  It really isn't that extensive or "playerish" although I have some good stories.

edit: TMI wall-of-text erasure

... more later perhaps.  I've got some great dating stories from friends but that's their business.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1240 on: January 13, 2012, 03:04:40 PM

Oh look, a whole section of Rebuttals: http://www.abadcaseofthedates.com/search/label/Rebuttal

This will waste another 30 minutes for me.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #1241 on: January 13, 2012, 03:23:22 PM

I have had two of these types of dates back about 10 years ago. I tend to do blowback in these situations. As soon as it appears the date is taking a turn, I will start in on the socially awkward behaviors and really tank it. Take your shoes off, tuck the napkin into you neck collar, flip the chair around and sit straddling the back, or my favorite... every so oftenn flinch severely as if an unseen bug is flying around your ear. If the date is going to tank, might as well take things as far as they can go.

That's all well and good, but rattran didn't have to pay.  awesome, for real

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #1242 on: January 13, 2012, 03:37:14 PM

I stumbled onto this link after one of the stories:

http://thestir.cafemom.com/love_sex/129871/this_is_officially_the_worst?utm_medium=sm&utm_source=facebook&utm_content=thestir_fanpage

Samwise's two pictures fit that link perfectly.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #1243 on: January 13, 2012, 03:53:12 PM

Holy hell, that's Mikey from Swingers, ramped up a notch or two.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1244 on: January 13, 2012, 04:01:22 PM

What does Japan have to do with anything?
Demon's Souls?
schild
Administrator

Reply #1245 on: January 14, 2012, 10:39:28 AM

I'm 99.9% sure that's not what he was talking about. I still have no clue what he was referring to though.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #1246 on: January 15, 2012, 05:35:48 AM

But, she was a total fruitcake and dumbarse (much like most of the women in SoFla).  I just cant be tasked with dealing with that.  She turned out to be "poor white trash" and lived in a run-down trailer with like 10 cats, although she did profess to being good friends (or cousins maybe?) with Xtina Aguilera (whom we chatted with a bit on AoL); this was around the time "genii in a bottle" was just released.  Ohhhhh, I see.

swamp poop

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #1247 on: January 15, 2012, 08:12:27 AM

I'm 99.9% sure that's not what he was talking about. I still have no clue what he was referring to though.

I believe he's referring to your ...esoteric interests in pigeon dating sims and other weird Japanese/JRPG shit. And so forth.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #1248 on: January 16, 2012, 09:22:51 AM

The amazing thing about these rebuttals is that most of the bad behavior that was attributed to them in the original is attributed to the other person in the rebuttal. It's like the two people agree that some scummy thing was done but disagree on who did it.

Personally I'm tempted to believe the rebuttals because a lot of the originals sound like embellished pleas for attention.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1249 on: January 16, 2012, 09:43:17 AM

I believe he's referring to your ...esoteric interests in pigeon dating sims and other weird Japanese/JRPG shit. And so forth.
Oh, then it was totally a sick burn.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1250 on: January 16, 2012, 10:29:28 AM

Got back from the date on Sunday. Nice girl, not heavy, and actually dances in a company in Atlanta. Good family background, nice Christian girl without being obsessed with the church culture. Very amusing and sarcastic sense of humor. All in all, it was a very pleasant get-to-know-you dinner.

The funniest part of the date was finding out that her Dad actually played Eve. So, she doesn't mind the gamer dork factor! She's getting a second date call.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1251 on: January 16, 2012, 10:41:26 AM

Nice girl, not heavy, he's my brother.

why so serious?

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1252 on: January 16, 2012, 11:41:08 AM

Facepalm

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1253 on: January 18, 2012, 01:16:19 PM

Prediction: Ruin comes during parental visit, twenty minutes into discussion of internet spaceships.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1254 on: January 18, 2012, 01:21:19 PM

I misread that as prenatal.

So that's now my prediction.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1255 on: January 18, 2012, 01:21:58 PM

Second date today, so we'll see!

Given I don't play EVE, I doubt this would be anything but a talking point.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1256 on: January 18, 2012, 01:22:26 PM

Sure, you don't play EVE... yet.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #1257 on: January 18, 2012, 01:45:04 PM

She's just going to make you train interceptors and tackle for her.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1258 on: January 18, 2012, 01:49:40 PM

Her DAD plays Eve. She could care less.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1259 on: January 18, 2012, 01:52:20 PM

"So, you want to date my daughter... how do you feel about being a tackler?"

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 42 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Internet Dating: Everyone's still shallow  
Jump to: