Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:13:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Internet Dating: Everyone's still shallow 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Internet Dating: Everyone's still shallow  (Read 407352 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1050 on: January 05, 2012, 02:40:05 PM

It also gets them branded by the dreaded "slut" label. I'm sure all the dudes here are totally willing to date a lady who had  more sex partners than them by a huge margin ( Ohhhhh, I see. ) but not everyone is so enlightened.

Everyone I dated prior to my wife was more experienced than me and I didn't care.  It taught me a lot I was able to use later.    DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Also - looking at my wife's discomfort with things, I think it was a better situation.  Virgins are distressing to more than one party.

I realize I am not typical in this attitude.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1051 on: January 05, 2012, 02:45:49 PM

I absolutely hated fooling around with the inexperienced girls that I've dated before. 
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #1052 on: January 05, 2012, 02:54:51 PM

That's not a Great Secret of the Universe, Haemish. I'm not sure why you appear to think this might not possibly be one of the (many) reasons a lot of women elect to not sleep around a whole lot.

I also just don't see why it's so crazy that women want to sleep with dudes they are actually attracted to, and how this somehow doesn't "count" when it comes down to "women can sleep with BILLIONS OF DUDES if they so choose!" I mean, if we're talking like that, as Merusk pointed out, dudes could get laid a lot more than they think. But that's stupid, because who wants to fuck someone they don't find attractive?

If a pretty girl wants to sleep around, yeah, she can probably get all the dudes she can stand. If a "moderately attractive" one does, she has to start to settle. If she's not even "moderately attractive?" Hahahaha, good luck, lady. Even the ugly dudes want to hold out for at least "moderately attractive," because bitches only care about money and personality, rite?

(All of this is, obviously, talking about straight lady relations. I have no idea what the lesbian dating scene is like or what weird are-you-kidding-that-still-matters-in-this-day-and-age societal expectations come into play there.  why so serious?)

FAKE EDIT: I did date a guy who was absolutely distressed I had more sexual experience than him, it was not a good dynamic. And I was not exactly a huge trollop or anything. Basically he was pissed I had had sex more than once! With the same dude! Who I had dated for THREE YEARS! All HE had was one night with a woman that I'm still not clear on if they were actually ever boyfriend/girlfriend, or if he just thought they were. That relationship fucked with my head a lot, it was a good time. Spent three years with that guy, I still look back and wonder why the fuck I put up with him for THAT long.

GENERALLY, though, it seems like most dudes I would give the time of day to expect some experience. Just not. You know. Too much. And "too much" is very often "more than me."

God Save the Horn Players
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #1053 on: January 05, 2012, 02:58:13 PM

People are insecure twits with conflicting desires, film at 11.

"Me am play gods"
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1054 on: January 05, 2012, 03:05:24 PM

When a woman can do amazing things sexually, I make a point of saying "thank you" rather than worrying about how many partners they've had.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1055 on: January 05, 2012, 03:09:03 PM

GENERALLY, though, it seems like most dudes I would give the time of day to expect some experience. Just not. You know. Too much. And "too much" is very often "more than me."

The truth is we're worried you're comparing us to those guys and our cocks are smaller or your orgasms are.  Because we're doing it to you.

Because we're all assholes.

awesome, for real

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1056 on: January 05, 2012, 03:17:32 PM

The truth is we're worried you're comparing us to those guys and our cocks are smaller or your orgasms are.  Because we're doing it to you.

awesome, for real

That.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #1057 on: January 05, 2012, 03:34:24 PM

It also gets them branded by the dreaded "slut" label. I'm sure all the dudes here are totally willing to date a lady who had more sex partners than them by a huge margin ( Ohhhhh, I see. ) but not everyone is so enlightened.

Nearly everyone I've ever been with has been more 'experienced' than me, but it hasn't meant much at all. The link between their number of sexual partners and our sex life hasn't really been significant.

Some people sleep with lots of others because they are relaxed and enjoy sex, some do it for other (less healthy) reasons. Some don't sleep with many because they are unsure or intimidated or have had bad experiences, some don't sleep with many people because they prefer it in committed relationships.

Virgins can be awkward, but it can pass pretty quickly, depending on the person. If you're sleeping with a 30 year old virgin I think you can expect your sex life to be a bit more stressful than if you're young and one of you is doing it for the first time.

TLDR: People are different, generalisations are even more pointless when it comes to sex.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1058 on: January 05, 2012, 03:44:13 PM

That's nice if you're an exception, but you're talking about an attitude that is largely institutionalized in our society/media/etc., I don't think there's really any case to be made that the generalization is generally wrong.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #1059 on: January 05, 2012, 03:59:11 PM

That's nice if you're an exception, but you're talking about an attitude that is largely institutionalized in our society/media/etc., I don't think there's really any case to be made that the generalization is generally wrong.

Oh I don't dispute that many people have issues like those that have been mentioned here. I'm just saying that those issues are often not only really stupid, but also irrational.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1060 on: January 05, 2012, 09:34:50 PM

Nearly everyone I've ever been with has been more 'experienced' than me, but it hasn't meant much at all. The link between their number of sexual partners and our sex life hasn't really been significant.

I'm going to go out on a limb here with a generalization: people who have had a lot of one-night stands but not much in the way of real relationships tend to be mediocre in bed.  Promiscuity does not necessarily imply 'experience' in a useful sense.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #1061 on: January 05, 2012, 09:48:26 PM

I'm going to go out on a limb here with a generalization: people who have had a lot of one-night stands but not much in the way of real relationships tend to be mediocre in bed.  Promiscuity does not necessarily imply 'experience' in a useful sense.

Absolutely. But (more generalisations): People who've had more sexual partners aren't necessarily getting it all from one night stands. And: People who like sex have probably had more of it, and are probably 'better' at it.

Anyhow, what I mean in relation to me was neither one way or the other. People can be inexperienced but wonderful, or experienced and poor, or whatever in between. There is no real correlation between how experienced someone is, or how promiscuous someone has been, and the sexual experience.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #1062 on: January 06, 2012, 05:52:11 AM

Almost every one of the profiles I read of women in the Pittsburgh area has them as either a theater, english/literature/writer, or art (graphic design or otherwise) person. There seems to be an overabundance of these types in my area on there...wondering if it is all a ploy or if these types of people are just more oriented to using Online Matchmaking.

Theater people are total drama queens.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1063 on: January 06, 2012, 06:28:57 AM

Hint:  If the woman had an orgasm, you're probably near the top of the list of good encounters.
(All of this is, obviously, talking about straight lady relations. I have no idea what the lesbian dating scene is like or what weird are-you-kidding-that-still-matters-in-this-day-and-age societal expectations come into play there.  why so serious?)
Most social conventions were irrelevant.  Not quite to the degree of guys and bath houses, but you'd see all kinds of combinations.  At least in the past.  (You're already a freak, why care what "they" think of your relationship.)  As society becomes more accepting, other social pressures may have more of an influence.

It'd actually be an interesting study.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #1064 on: January 06, 2012, 07:22:12 AM

I have no idea what the lesbian dating scene is like...

Question: What does a lesbian bring on a second date? Answer: A U-Haul.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1065 on: January 06, 2012, 07:45:59 AM

Hint:  If the woman had an orgasm, you're probably near the top of the list of good encounters.

Sweet.  Now I just have to obsess over if they were lying or not.  awesome, for real

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #1066 on: January 06, 2012, 10:45:27 AM

awesome, for real

I was always a big fan of experienced partners.  None of them ever seemed disappointed they had stuff to teach me or do to me for the first time.

I have never played WoW.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1067 on: January 06, 2012, 11:12:14 AM

Sweet.  Now I just have to obsess over if they were lying or not.  awesome, for real

Only if you are still having sex with them. If not, who cares at this point?

I am sooo getting my best friend Lizzy to write up my profile this year and see if it actually makes a difference given that I have had 1 person shoot me a message on Cupid that commented on the fact we were 0% match and 95% enemy. I guess I should go back to school for an english degree... or graphic art.  why so serious?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1068 on: January 06, 2012, 11:53:24 AM

I get messages all the time. But I send a lot too.

I probably had 10 dates in 2011 from it, and I started in about July.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #1069 on: January 06, 2012, 12:03:37 PM

Pffft, now I'm sad I can't fool around with this stuff.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #1070 on: January 06, 2012, 12:19:51 PM

Me too :( Never even had to leave facebook to use the internet for pussy.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1071 on: January 06, 2012, 01:52:31 PM

Only if you are still having sex with them. If not, who cares at this point?

If I have to explain the joke, it's no longer funny.  I wasn't being serious.

Although.. it WOULD be nice to know what with the 20th coming up this summer.   Looking ex's husbands in the eye and knowing you're the other guy who heard 'em scream.  Ah.

(Also comedy. I go for dry humor.)

Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #1072 on: January 07, 2012, 11:46:57 AM

So while I wait for second dates with #7 (air hostess) and the non-internet date I met on NYE, I had a drink with #8, a lovely person who decided to wait until 2/3 of the way through our conversation to explain that she'd been profoundly deaf most of her life, and recently had her hearing restored in an operation. I rejoiced for her, after spending 2/3 of my drink wondering why she spoke with the laboured, overpronounced sounds of a hearing-impaired person and avoiding asking any Borat-style questions.

I'd like to think I am open minded enough that had I turned up knowing this information, the date might not have been so shit. I'm thinking of telling her to tell people. If they won't meet you because of something you were up front about, you don't want to know them anyway.

Me too :( Never even had to leave facebook to use the internet for pussy.

Golf clap. You've mentioned this several times in the thread already. Go wave your dick somewhere else.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 11:52:07 AM by Tale »
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #1073 on: January 07, 2012, 03:53:30 PM

Mid-20s female online dating profile: "Just thought I'd experiment with this. Gotta run, going out."
Mid-30s female online dating profile: "I want a strong, sweet man who will love me forever."
Mid-40s female online dating profile: "Here are my tits, this is my ass. Go!"
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #1074 on: January 09, 2012, 03:12:19 AM

I had a drink with #8, a lovely person who decided to wait until 2/3 of the way through our conversation to explain that she'd been profoundly deaf most of her life, and recently had her hearing restored in an operation. I rejoiced for her, after spending 2/3 of my drink wondering why she spoke with the laboured, overpronounced sounds of a hearing-impaired person and avoiding asking any Borat-style questions.

I'd like to think I am open minded enough that had I turned up knowing this information, the date might not have been so shit. I'm thinking of telling her to tell people. If they won't meet you because of something you were up front about, you don't want to know them anyway.

So no second date, then?

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #1075 on: January 09, 2012, 07:30:13 AM

Mid-20s female online dating profile: "Just thought I'd experiment with this. Gotta run, going out."
Mid-30s female online dating profile: "I want a strong, sweet man who will love me forever."
Mid-40s female online dating profile: "Here are my tits, this is my ass. Go!"

I really saw more than one 20 somethings profile with such long lists of requirements it was laughable.  Kind of, "Well if a fish bites that meets all this then great otherwise I don't need this my destiny awaits!".

I have a friend, she's really very nice, pretty and athletic.  She's also very smart (PhD) but her list of Must Haves when she was in her late 20's was so extensive and unbending that when she did find a date online it was with someone 80+ miles away who, of course, was lying.  Now that she's in her early 30's she's pretty much given up after 4 or 5 years of that, I don't think she's been on a date in a year.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #1076 on: January 09, 2012, 08:35:02 AM

Give us a taste of her Must Haves?  I find most women's expectations amusing.  It's like they are a different gender or something.

I have never played WoW.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #1077 on: January 09, 2012, 10:06:09 AM

Give us a taste of her Must Haves?  I find most women's expectations amusing.  It's like they are a different gender or something.

6'+, athletic, Grad School+ in a hard science, skis, eco-travels, likes the same music, etc...  Basically she wants one of Heinlein's ubermensch tailored to her specific ideological and social preferences and is unwilling to just check people out to see if she might like them.

She works in a hospital and so if she was going to meet someone who met all her criteria it would probably be there.  But, uh, those guys have a lot of competition for their attention from really hot chicks.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1078 on: January 09, 2012, 10:59:22 AM

6'+, athletic, Grad School+ in a hard science, skis, eco-travels, likes the same music, etc... 

Send me her name... that sounds just like me!   why so serious?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1079 on: January 09, 2012, 11:06:23 AM

Send me pics of her tits.  That sounds nothing like me, but I like pictures of tits.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1080 on: January 09, 2012, 12:06:22 PM

6'+, athletic, Grad School+ in a hard science, skis, eco-travels, likes the same music, etc...  Basically she wants one of Heinlein's ubermensch tailored to her specific ideological and social preferences and is unwilling to just check people out to see if she might like them.

She works in a hospital and so if she was going to meet someone who met all her criteria it would probably be there.  But, uh, those guys have a lot of competition for their attention from really hot chicks.

Is she 5'10"?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1081 on: January 09, 2012, 12:53:00 PM

I'm slowly compiling a list of my own "must haves" that grows a little bit as I discover each new dealbreaker the hard way.  So far I'm up to:

Must have own apartment (roommates acceptable, but not if they are her parents or ex-boyfriends).
Must have some kind of college degree.
Must have some kind of job.

Am I setting the bar too high?

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1082 on: January 09, 2012, 12:54:28 PM

I'm slowly compiling a list of my own "must haves" that grows a little bit as I discover each new dealbreaker the hard way.  So far I'm up to:

Must have own apartment (roommates acceptable, but not if they are her parents or ex-boyfriends).
Must have some kind of college degree.
Must have some kind of job.

Drop the job thing... Don't you know what is going on out there in America?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1083 on: January 09, 2012, 12:55:08 PM

Yes.  Start with: "Must be sane" and go from there.  This alone will eliminate about 90%.

-  Mark Twain
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1084 on: January 09, 2012, 12:56:01 PM

Yes.  Start with: "Must be sane" and go from there.  This alone will eliminate about 90%.

I don't know if I'd recognize a sane girl if I met one.  No frame of reference.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 42 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Internet Dating: Everyone's still shallow  
Jump to: