Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:59:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Game Design/Development  |  Topic: Nimbus, our IGF entry 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nimbus, our IGF entry  (Read 5178 times)
Sairon
Terracotta Army

on: November 02, 2009, 05:50:54 AM

So me and a mate incorporated a small indie studio earlier this year. After prototyping for a while we focused all efforts on a fairly unique game centered around controlling a craft with no direct means of propelling itself. A short play through of the first level to be seen at http://www.vimeo.com/7380003. We'll try to create a trailer showing of some of the cooler puzzles once we've finished the art work  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 10:01:03 AM

Looks nice. Going to make an iPhone version?

- Viin
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 10:12:53 AM

well done -- that looks terrific.  Congrats and good luck!

+1
Elerion
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 03:45:42 AM

That looks like a lot of fun.
Sairon
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 04:36:54 AM

Looks nice. Going to make an iPhone version?

Most likely not, we're aiming for a console release. But if that ain't working out for us a iPhone release might become interesting.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 05:23:17 AM

awesome stuff. Care to list the products/engines ETC used?

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Sairon
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 07:49:02 AM

We're using Ogre for rendering, physx for physics and wWise for sound. We'll probably rip out Ogre and physx however.
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 03:25:10 PM

Looks like a lot of fun.  Good luck at IGF.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 07:36:22 AM

I know this thread is old; however, I was browsing around on Steam and happened to see this game.  It looks like it's really come a long way!  Congratulations, I'll definitely be checking it out.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/50000/
Sairon
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: December 06, 2010, 06:02:32 PM

Thanks, we released fairly recently. We've been getting some rather rave reviews, our review average hovers between 8.5 / 10 - 9 / 10. Proud to say we also got nominated in 2 categories for Best of 2010 over at IGN  Ohhhhh, I see.

The controls takes some getting used to for a lot of people though, but in case you've played Asteroids, Turboraketti, Moon lander, Gravity Force or Gravitation you'll likely get familiar after a little while :)
Scadente
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 02, 2011, 12:01:17 PM

I recently bought this, but haven't had the time to play much yet.

But inital impression is that its slick and fun. It certainly had the one-more go factor! So I ended up sitting way longer then expected.

Great production, slightly wacky controls (with a keyboard) but you get used to it in 10 minutes (after which you are.. hooked). Addictive gameplay and what impressd me most; clever level-design and a very smooth difficulty curve.

Only issue I had with it was that it seemed to freeze when I started some levels, but that might be my system which is ageing. And it's a wee bit sterile, although very stylish and clean communication.

Good going and good luck!

So the kids on the internet say that you're a big noise?
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 03, 2011, 07:37:47 AM

I have too agree, the game is well done and fun.  As far as controls, I plugged my 360 controller in and it worked flawlessly. 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Game Design/Development  |  Topic: Nimbus, our IGF entry  
Jump to: