Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:52:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Launched 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Launched  (Read 45620 times)
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: December 17, 2009, 08:54:43 AM

From the rel notes:

Tryndamere
Bloodlust Cooldown increased to 20/18/16/14/12 from 12 at all levels
Mocking Shout Duration reduced to 4 from 5 seconds
Slash bonus Damage decreased to 40/90/140/185/240 from 60/105/150/195/240
Undying Rage Cooldown increased to 130/115/100 from 120/100/80
Battle Fury bonus Crit % reduced to 25% at all levels from 30/40/50% at levels 1/6/12
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: December 17, 2009, 09:18:39 AM

Hm..doesn't seem too bad.  The Battle Fury bonus crit is the big change I think, 25% less damage at max level could be a bit much.  Will have to play it and find out I guess!  Ohhhhh, I see.

Ooo, also found -

* Twisted Fate
          o Pick a Card Gold Cards now only stun the unit directly hit (they will now slow surrounding units instead of stunning them)
          o Pick a Card Duration reduced to 10 from 15
          o Destiny no longer reveals Twisted Fate to enemies when cast
          o Gate Cooldown increased to 120/105/90/75/60 from 90/75/60/45/30
          o Gate Mana Cost increased to 80 from 80/70/60/50/40
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 09:29:49 AM by Thrawn »

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: December 17, 2009, 12:36:14 PM

Twisted Fate had gotten annoying as hell lately. Hopefully this will help with that. It always seemed like I'd get low on health against a neutral creep and he'd magically know that he needed to use his ult and then teleport right on top of me to kill me. It happened ALL THE TIME.
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: December 17, 2009, 04:19:29 PM

Me and my friend call him the Twist of Win  DRILLING AND MANLINESS . Gate in pop you in the face and keep strolling, the man is basically a pimp slapping all his bitches.
schild
Administrator

Reply #39 on: December 17, 2009, 04:37:44 PM

You and your friends aren't funny.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: December 17, 2009, 06:40:51 PM

Just realized this was F2P; downloaded it and I'm checking it out now. Seems like a nice new version of DotA. I'm liking Fiddlesticks a lot so far, but I am still trying out others to get a handle on them all.

I see I have some Champions temporarily unlocked; when will they go away?

Edit: Another question: are there other game modes besides "Blind Pick"? If so, how do I go about unlocking them?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 06:43:08 PM by Rendakor »

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
schild
Administrator

Reply #41 on: December 17, 2009, 07:21:19 PM

Champions rotate on 2 week schedules.

Blind pick is it right now and it's BULLSHIT.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: December 17, 2009, 07:25:19 PM

Seems about right.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: December 17, 2009, 08:07:20 PM

Next item in need of a nerf...Sivir's spinning blade thing.  ACK!

Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #44 on: December 17, 2009, 09:10:32 PM

sivir is kind of meh for me. She has this practical requirement to farm the shit out of the game just to stay on par with the powerhouses.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: December 17, 2009, 09:24:52 PM

sivir is kind of meh for me. She has this practical requirement to farm the shit out of the game just to stay on par with the powerhouses.

She needs some adjusting, she seems a bit week late game as a carry other then her ult.  But early game her spinning blade thing does stupid amounts of damage.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: December 17, 2009, 10:04:11 PM

If you unlock them with points, do they stay unlocked forever?

schild
Administrator

Reply #47 on: December 17, 2009, 10:19:33 PM

If you unlock them with points, do they stay unlocked forever?
Yes.
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: December 18, 2009, 12:16:12 AM

Next item in need of a nerf...Sivir's spinning blade thing.  ACK!
Ask and thou shalt receive. It got nerfed in today's patch.
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #49 on: December 18, 2009, 03:32:36 AM

god i miss twitch.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: December 19, 2009, 04:09:58 PM

Is the any way to disable the gradual increase in volume in the client right before a game starts? The sound is otherwise at a tolerable level, but right before a game begins it gets a LOT louder, to the point of drowning out everything else.

While I'm asking, is it just me or does the client run like ass? Playing the game is fine, but everything else (dragging runes, loading the store) is generally slow and unresponsive.

schild
Administrator

Reply #51 on: December 19, 2009, 04:11:18 PM

Adobe Air was a mistake they can't fix.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: December 19, 2009, 04:53:30 PM

Is that a no on both counts?

bhodi

No lie.

Reply #53 on: December 20, 2009, 06:16:38 AM

Pretty much, yeah.
Krushchev
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: December 23, 2009, 05:25:26 AM

I had a dream that I was good at this game, but then I woke up and realized I suck.
schild
Administrator

Reply #55 on: December 23, 2009, 10:07:26 AM

I had a dream that I was good at this game, but then I woke up and realized I suck.

lol

Lost another one with Yi, eh?
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: December 23, 2009, 01:27:49 PM

I have had a hell of a win streak going with Sion lately. I'm pretty pleased with a physical build on him. You hit your shield, catch them with a stun, hit your ult, exhaust - no one gets away from that and if others try to help? Good luck with my ult up and me swinging fast enough to stay at full health.

I bought the Old St Zilean skin this morning. I'll definitely have to bust out some Zilean tonight and take it for a spin.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: December 23, 2009, 01:44:34 PM

I'm trying to play every champion at least a couple times so I have a feel for all of them.  Tried Mundo last night, super easy to play but just didn't think he was any fun.  Tried Katirina and she drove me nuts, she is the ONLY champion I have played so far where I just can't seem to play her right no matter what I do.  In three games my total record was probably like 5-30.  Heartbreak

Gave Veiger a spin as well and really enjoyed him, think I'll be playing him some more in the future.  He's so squishy and Banshee Veil really screws him, but it's so much fun to unload everything on a champion (including your click stick) and just watch them explode.

Trynd and Alistar are probably my "main" characters right now but that seems to rotate on a weekly basis.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 01:50:46 PM by Thrawn »

Krushchev
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: December 30, 2009, 04:20:36 AM

Tried Katirina and she drove me nuts, she is the ONLY champion I have played so far where I just can't seem to play her right no matter what I do.  In three games my total record was probably like 5-30.  Heartbreak
Kat build:
heart of gold
boots
heart of gold
bf sword
bf sword
bf sword
turn bf swords into bloodthirsters 1 by 1

GG
schild
Administrator

Reply #59 on: December 30, 2009, 09:37:39 AM

She really is one-dimensional. I went 0/10 last night as Yi. He's f'ing boring.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #60 on: December 30, 2009, 11:59:51 AM

New rotation is out, played Mundo, that shit be fun but he doesn't add much to the team at all.  Too bad.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
schild
Administrator

Reply #61 on: December 30, 2009, 12:02:40 PM

New rotation is out, played Mundo, that shit be fun but he doesn't add much to the team at all.  Too bad.
He's an unstoppable menace when built right. IMO one of the best initiators. Easily one of the best tanks for pure tankage.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: December 30, 2009, 12:17:11 PM

I thought Mundo was extremely boring to play when I tried him.  Very easy to play though.

DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: December 30, 2009, 07:41:11 PM

Mundo goes where he pleases  DRILLING AND MANLINESS . Tank mundo, you could but your missing out on "eat babies" mundo that will crit you, cleave you, than burn you to ashe.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #64 on: December 30, 2009, 10:42:39 PM

New rotation is out, played Mundo, that shit be fun but he doesn't add much to the team at all.  Too bad.
He's an unstoppable menace when built right. IMO one of the best initiators. Easily one of the best tanks for pure tankage.

He can be unstoppable but you can win the fight around him, I think the trade off in unstoppableness for power in a teamfight goes in Cho'Gath's favor in a big way currently with silence, knock up/stun and feast.  Compared to that Mundo is pretty fucking one dimensional.  I think Mundo with the right lane partner can boss pretty much any other pair in the game and if you plan around that he works but for the more sloppy mid-range elo stuff he just doesn't add enough to the team fights.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #65 on: January 04, 2010, 08:39:31 AM

So I made it to level 30 mostly as Teemo.  With some help of Janna, Singed, and Veigar.  Janna is fun to knock people around.  Singed and Veigar have such slow starts and I still don't quite understand them.  I have just started using Cho'gath.  Even without any tanking runes, I have had descent success.  I am really surprised I made it this far in the game.  I really expected to quit in frustration quickly.  Although LoL is still for assholes.  It seems almost every game has a couple people who piss and moan when we lose.   I have seen people who start crying before the game has even started or when we are winning.  It's crazy.  Lately I started voting 'no' on surrender when people pitch a fit.  Choke on your tears crybabies!

"Me am play gods"
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: January 04, 2010, 08:42:35 AM

It seems almost every game has a couple people who piss and moan when we lose.   I have seen people who start crying before the game has even started or when we are winning.  It's crazy.  Lately I started voting 'no' on surrender when people pitch a fit.  Choke on your tears crybabies!

We had a game last night where we started out down 0-9, then 3-14.  We ended up winning that game, no leavers, no afks, just beat them down and won.  awesome, for real

Astorax
Contributor

Reply #67 on: January 04, 2010, 09:53:34 AM

Yeah, many/most of the games I play have at least one asshole in it...which is my only real complaint of the game.  I've been playing a lot, I've recently discovered the amazing awesome which is Rammus (OMG TAUNT).  But yeah, my main complaint is that you either a) Single queue and deal with assholes, or b) Queue with people you know and then get wtfpwned because their matchmaking for teams is fucking whack as hell.

They boost your relative elo scores so drastically when you queue as groups I'm incapable of grouping with people I know because it puts me against people I stand no chance whatsoever against.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: January 04, 2010, 10:17:40 AM

They boost your relative elo scores so drastically when you queue as groups I'm incapable of grouping with people I know because it puts me against people I stand no chance whatsoever against.

I only really have that problem in 5 man queues for some reason, usually I win my solo queues, do well in 2-4 man queues and get crushed in 5 man queues.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #69 on: January 04, 2010, 11:36:28 AM

It seems almost every game has a couple people who piss and moan when we lose.   I have seen people who start crying before the game has even started or when we are winning.  It's crazy.  Lately I started voting 'no' on surrender when people pitch a fit.  Choke on your tears crybabies!

We had a game last night where we started out down 0-9, then 3-14.  We ended up winning that game, no leavers, no afks, just beat them down and won.  awesome, for real

That was a fun game...

and yeah, in 5 mans I seem to win then lose over and over.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Launched  
Jump to: