Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:15:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Launched 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Launched  (Read 45612 times)
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

on: October 30, 2009, 07:14:44 AM

but still pretty beta. No more resets. No store until the 17th. You can build up IP to buy stuff starting now though. Double XP for us pre-order people (along with other stuff whenstore comes out) and people can purchase game for most of the same perks.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 07:51:26 AM

I picked up a box at Gamestop on Wednesday. When I mentioned that I had thought it was still in beta, the clerk said it had been released last week sometime and that they couldn't keep it in stock.

I like it. It's DOTA. I suck at DOTA but it's a nice lil' diversion. Now if only someone would make a dedicated Footmen game.... Heart Heart Heart

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 08:17:51 AM

I'm getting curb stomped in every single game I play. I somehow made it into the top tier because I played a lot, and because their matching system is broke as fuck, I end up soloing against a premade every single time with worthless feeder teammates.  FFFFFFFFFFF
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 08:36:09 AM

Roll a new guy maybe?

That sucks man...feel free to hit me up if you see me online.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 31, 2009, 08:43:23 AM

I'm getting curb stomped in every single game I play. I somehow made it into the top tier because I played a lot, and because their matching system is broke as fuck, I end up soloing against a premade every single time with worthless feeder teammates.  FFFFFFFFFFF

Same here. It seems like I end up with just terrible teams. Just a couple of nights ago, I went 20-5. The total kills we had as a team? 28. Needless to say, we lost horribly. I guess there's just a big enough influx of new players that they can't really avoid having a couple get into games full of veteran players. I'm looking forward to a couple of weeks down the line when a lot of these new players aren't so new anymore.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 31, 2009, 12:30:47 PM

Odd, I have my occasional curb stomped matches as well but I've been doing fairly well latately queueing up for normal games by myself.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 11:24:09 PM

Seemed like as good a thread to put this as any.

Do you guys find that games seem to be tanking FAR longer now than back in beta?

I'm talking in beta games tended to be fun, fast paced, 20-30 minute affairs. But now my games seem to drag on for 45 minutes plus while everyone farms and runs away from the other team.

Maybe I just suck? Maybe you guys like long games? Just wondering what your observations are.

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 08:22:40 AM

I've still seen many quick games but mostly through surrender.  I think you'll see mostly 45min games once your ELO gets to the right area because the games should be evenly matched and that is how long an even game should take.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: November 17, 2009, 08:27:46 AM

Yea, it's basically a case of "The first team that makes a catastrophic mistake loses."

So, chess really.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: November 17, 2009, 08:33:25 AM

I guess I haven't noticed game lengths lately.  But I have noticed almost every time I solo queue I am winning, not really "pub stomp" but winning.  Every time I join a 5 man pre-made, we get matched against a team that just absolutely destroys us.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: November 17, 2009, 09:49:00 AM

My last few games have been in the 45 minute range, but I suspect it is because at my rating no one is good enough to take advantage of the other team's mistakes.
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: November 17, 2009, 02:17:56 PM

My last few games have been in the 45 minute range, but I suspect it is because at my rating no one is good enough to take advantage of the other team's mistakes.

That sounds about right. Thanks for the comments.

BattleTag - Ray#1555
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: November 18, 2009, 04:51:27 AM

That sounds about right. Thanks for the comments.

I always found DOTA games to be about that long. Always played LAN but 45min to an hour was about normal.

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: November 18, 2009, 06:30:56 AM

but still pretty beta. No more resets. No store until the 17th.

Heh, still no store.  "Retail" game still has less functions then the beta did at an earlier point.  Still only one map for normal games, still only blind pick game mode, no runes, etc. etc.  Game breaking exploits are popping up more and more and Riot is being very slow to fix them.  I really enjoy LoL more than HoN but Riot needs to get their act together.  Good communication with the community doesn't mean much if they can't follow through on much.

In other news, nothing swings a game like a good baron steal.  awesome, for real

schild
Administrator

Reply #14 on: November 20, 2009, 12:49:57 PM

Store launching today. Guess I'll buy Kassidin, Teemo, an AP book and a crit chance book and be done with that.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: November 20, 2009, 03:00:46 PM

Store is up and running, but pretty hard to use, really really slow.  I'm assuming it will smooth out in a few days though when you don't have every single player at once trying to browse and buy stuff.

Most of the pricing seems pretty good except champion prices are all over the board.  If I want to unlock Ashe it would cost me 450 IP, if I wanted to unlock Blitzcrank it would cost me 6,300.  Heimer is a higher ranked champion then Nasus and Cardmaster, etc..  It's a random crap-shoot of how much the champions you want will cost.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 03:29:00 PM by Thrawn »

DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: November 25, 2009, 07:00:41 PM

They are attempting to sale the champs like you would cards for a tcg. They have a pretty arbitrary common/rare/ultra rare tier system.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #17 on: November 25, 2009, 09:02:22 PM

They should be encouraging the newbs and the kiddies to play easier champs but the pricing does a horrible job of that.  I have no idea who the mastermind behind the current price system is.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Krushchev
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: December 10, 2009, 09:10:24 AM

They are attempting to sale the champs like you would cards for a tcg. They have a pretty arbitrary common/rare/ultra rare tier system.
It's funny because some of the cheaper heroes like Ashe and Yi are considered top-tier. And, Tryndamere is wAS O.P.

EDIT: im retarded
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 05:19:58 AM by Krushchev »
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: December 10, 2009, 09:17:18 AM

It's funny because some of the cheaper heroes like Ashe and Yi are considered top-tier. And, Tryndamere is O.P.

I disagree, I took a fight alone against 4 of the opposing teams champions at once the other night, near their nexus in range of two turrets.  I was only able to kill 3 of them before I died, Trynd needs a buff.

Krushchev
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: December 10, 2009, 10:23:37 PM

You sir are correct in every way.

ps: im a ninja
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 05:21:23 AM by Krushchev »
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: December 10, 2009, 10:51:59 PM

The sarchasm claims another.

BattleTag - Ray#1555
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: December 11, 2009, 02:30:50 PM

I've been pretty successful recently trashing Trynds with a DPS spec'd Alistair. They have no idea what to do when the cow starts hitting them instead of running.
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: December 11, 2009, 06:46:59 PM

I've been pretty successful recently trashing Trynds with a DPS spec'd Alistair. They have no idea what to do when the cow starts hitting them instead of running.

If you bust out a Warmogs, then Atma's impaler, then Sheen, and possibly a Last Whisper, you're all set. And if you still have money and a game to keep playing, finish it up with a Frozen Mallet. You'll be really nasty as you spam your heal and smack people for double damage.
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: December 11, 2009, 07:47:01 PM

Yeah, I'm rolling sheen, atma's, and last whisper most games. Meki->chalice and boots to open. I still think the way the game is designed it doesn't make any sense to play champions other than the big DPS folks, but I like my big bull, so fuck what is most efficient.
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: December 12, 2009, 12:28:45 AM

I still think the way the game is designed it doesn't make any sense to play champions other than the big DPS folks, but I like my big bull, so fuck what is most efficient.

I agree. Damage seems to simply be superior to survivability or support in nearly every situation. However in the latest patch they saw fit to...
All items have had the following stats changed: Hit points -10%, Armor -10%, Magic Resist -5%

What do you guys think the reasoning behind this might be? As it is DPS heroes often get NO defensive/health items and tanks are already focused down in seconds. Or at least I usually am.  It just seems unnecessary and a move in the wrong direction in a currently physical carry dominated game.

BattleTag - Ray#1555
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: December 13, 2009, 12:43:42 AM

I switched to Silvir this weekend. She's less fun to play than Alistair in a lot of ways, but damn if she isn't an amazing lane pusher. Now if only I could get rest of my team to understand that killing towers is important...
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: December 13, 2009, 01:26:05 AM

I switched to Silvir this weekend. She's less fun to play than Alistair in a lot of ways, but damn if she isn't an amazing lane pusher. Now if only I could get rest of my team to understand that killing towers is important...

Saw an ability power built Sivir a few days ago. Her boomerange ability just absolutely destroyed people.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #28 on: December 13, 2009, 08:56:35 AM

FOTM champ, I've read the patch notes twice and I get how it was a boost but I'm shocked at just how stupid her damage gets quickly.  It doesn't help though that there is almost nobody in the game that can even sort of deny her.

-William Gibson
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: December 13, 2009, 11:12:28 AM

Think I'm going to be giving HoN another shot.  LoL is fun but it just has so many issues that are so frustrating.

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: December 15, 2009, 11:57:17 AM

Think I'm going to be giving HoN another shot.  LoL is fun but it just has so many issues that are so frustrating.

Hm, that was short.  Swinging back to LoL already I think.  Ended up with mostly the same opinion I had last time.  HoN is a decent game, but LoL is just more fun for some reason.  If I want to play a serious business competitive DotA style game I'll play HoN.  But if I want to have casual fun with buddies I'll stick with LoL I think, even if it does have some issues.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: December 15, 2009, 09:59:43 PM

good, now play eve some since im back for my usual month

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #32 on: December 16, 2009, 11:32:28 AM

I had a team that surrendered after 25min when we weren't even losing.  "we weren't pushing" was what one guy said.  I think the real reason is some people are looking to run as many games as possible win or lose to farm xp/ip.  When they see that this game is going to take a while, they want to end the game.

"Me am play gods"
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: December 17, 2009, 06:29:00 AM

I was in a 5 man premade for a few games last night that tried the promote/rally rush. We were literally standing at the other team's nexus at 9 minutes two games straight and had to retreat to waste 2 minutes so we could get the full IP/exp for the win. Both games ended at just over 11 minutes.

I'm pretty damn glad they removed promote in today's patch. I had no idea how powerful that was.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: December 17, 2009, 06:33:04 AM

I was in a 5 man premade for a few games last night that tried the promote/rally rush. We were literally standing at the other team's nexus at 9 minutes two games straight and had to retreat to waste 2 minutes so we could get the full IP/exp for the win. Both games ended at just over 11 minutes.

I'm pretty damn glad they removed promote in today's patch. I had no idea how powerful that was.

I'd only ever seen it done once and it was by the other 4 people on a team I solo queued onto, they told me to take promote at character select and as soon as Sivir got her ult we all pushed mid.  The end result was pretty much the same as your experiance.

I wonder if the patch today also applied the nerfs to Trynd people have been talking about.  I'm curious to see if they overdo it, he is for sure OP but not insanely so.  A few minor tweaks would bring him in line.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Launched  
Jump to: