Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:59:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Launched 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Launched  (Read 45560 times)
schild
Administrator

Reply #105 on: April 15, 2010, 06:00:33 PM

How'd they do that resolution hack?
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: April 15, 2010, 06:01:55 PM

How'd they do that resolution hack?

Who's they?  That's an in game screenshot I just took.  Ohhhhh, I see.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
schild
Administrator

Reply #107 on: April 25, 2010, 11:39:44 AM

Thrawn and I just played with one of the worst Jax's ever. He disco'd and we were like "yay!" And then he came back and solo'd baron at 14.

We're still trying to figure it out.

His equipment was Doran's Ring, Ninja Tabi, Atma's Impaler, and Guinsoo's Rageblade. I mean, good equipment on Jax, but like:

What?  undecided Facepalm Head scratch
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: April 25, 2010, 11:52:21 AM

He had rally as well but yeah....  Head scratch seems appropriate.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
schild
Administrator

Reply #109 on: April 25, 2010, 12:09:46 PM

Also, he didn't just kill Baron, he beat the shit out of him. He had half-health left. It wasn't even a close fight. His Q was wrecking Baron's shit.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #110 on: April 25, 2010, 08:22:32 PM

Dodge is hella imba versus creeps, Jax can jungle so hard because of it.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #111 on: April 25, 2010, 09:07:40 PM

Did you have a red pot?
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: May 08, 2010, 09:37:13 PM

Ouch, just got rolled by a nasty team comp I want to try.

Shen, Rammus, Soraka, TF, Sivir

TF and Sivir are probably swappable for any high ranged dps.  But you just can't ever get at them and you can't get at Soraka so Shen/Rammus never die.  It was crazy.

We beat them in lane very solidly, I got 4 kills against TF/Sivir as Rammus before 10 minutes.  Our Annie beat their Shen mid no problem getting a kill or two and we pushed their top lane back taking the tower.  But once they grouped up and started team fighting we never were able to push against them at all and lost steadily.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 10:12:52 PM by Thrawn »

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: June 11, 2010, 07:24:45 AM

Ahhh I need more good people to queue with.  Solo queue makes me cry.

Just played with a team I knew I should of dodged since it was too many mediocre characters but wasn't sure I'd have time for one if I did. (Ashe-me, Kennen, Kayle, Malthazor, Olaf)

I got 1-0 mid farming just fine and pushing their Ez out of lane multiple times, our bot lane goes 0-5 and spends most of the game saying thats my fault.  I end up like 3-6 because every fight I arrow initiated my team let me go in and die before they took the fight and Kayle never ulted anyone but herself.   Mob

The only upside to the game was getting to the score screen.  Most of my team rages that our mid lost it for us (me) and the other team tells them that I probably would of carried them to a win if they supported me because I was our only good player.  awesome, for real

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #114 on: June 11, 2010, 08:47:03 AM

I have been really impressed with Shen lately.  Balance wise, I feel Shen's ult needs to be much more visible on his target.

"Me am play gods"
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: June 11, 2010, 08:57:15 AM

I think Shens ult is almost too good.  I don't think his shield should apply until after he finishes his cast, not instantly at the start.

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: June 13, 2010, 08:31:19 PM

Morons aplenty in this game. I can't help but rage as well when we lose horribly due to them not knowing to follow my Rammus initiate. I'm going to learn to use AP Rammus to help if we end up with a second tank.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Xeyi
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: June 14, 2010, 02:45:16 AM

when we lose horribly due to them not knowing to follow my Rammus initiate.

This is pretty much my experience of picking a tank too.  I also find bad players tend to rage at the tank if they lack the awareness to see what's actually going on in team fights.  Especially as Rammus, the lack of a glaring neon spell effect when taunt goes off leads the unobservant to believe you're not doing anything and think the reason we lost the team fight is because the tank sucks rather than the dps all focussing the 3.5k health cho-gath on the other side.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: June 16, 2010, 07:57:11 PM

Sweeet, just got what I think was my first penta-kill.  We then proceeded to lose the game.  awesome, for real

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: June 20, 2010, 11:57:22 PM

I just had my first three-game losing streak. About to hit Lv. 20. I think the good times are over.

Everytime I was grouped with chucklefucks and everytime the opposing team had at least 4 or 5 competent members.

I should probably stop playing Rammus... or stop playing.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: June 21, 2010, 10:40:39 AM

I just had my first three-game losing streak. About to hit Lv. 20. I think the good times are over.

Everytime I was grouped with chucklefucks and everytime the opposing team had at least 4 or 5 competent members.

I should probably stop playing Rammus... or stop playing.

What is your build for rammus? At the pre-30 range some builds are simply more champ. If you prefer to play tanks in general I mordekaiser, shen, tank eve (laugh is TERROR), tank nunu are pub crushers. also you may want to stop playing solo que summoners rift...it ain't worth it.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: June 21, 2010, 10:57:25 AM

Yeah it is a psychic assault on my mind. My last game was just a major failure in analyzing the enemy properly. I have a difficult time telling if enemy damage is coming from Physical or Magic Champion. I got Banshee's veil first instead of armor against a Mundo / Shen / Rammus / Janna / some other physical type team.

I need to study other champions more. I always assume the bulk of the damage comes from magic attacks even from melee DPS heroes. I'm feeling a little better from last night, but man it's demoralizing.

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: June 21, 2010, 08:18:24 PM

DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #123 on: June 21, 2010, 11:59:57 PM

Yeah it is a psychic assault on my mind. My last game was just a major failure in analyzing the enemy properly. I have a difficult time telling if enemy damage is coming from Physical or Magic Champion. I got Banshee's veil first instead of armor against a Mundo / Shen / Rammus / Janna / some other physical type team.

I need to study other champions more. I always assume the bulk of the damage comes from magic attacks even from melee DPS heroes. I'm feeling a little better from last night, but man it's demoralizing.

well shen, rammus, and none fail janna is magic damage. Mundo and a real carry is physical. Does two physical warrant building mostly armor? 7/10 yes. Shen, rammus magic damage is negligible and doesn't have magic pen so why worry? you don't. Janna is scary but the trick to fighting 1-2 casters as the tank is merc treds + health. You get 2 items that need ruby crystal in them and wham your unkillable. Casters simply can't blow through alot of health, they simply can't. you put just 2 pieces of magic resistance (not banshies veil and not natures) + being rammus and your an unkilliable god. you get a banshies late game to better tank, getting it early just gets means there is a large period of the game where your very underpowered.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #124 on: June 22, 2010, 02:52:57 PM

I'm learning tossing on a Negatron Cloak early is what I mostly need for Rammus to build MR. Building a Catalyst for a Banshee's is a huge money sink I don't need; it's far better to build everything BUT the Catalyst for top tier items in most cases given the amount of money you toss into some HP and MP when you're still as tough as tissue paper. Anyway, I'm better served building towards something that provides me something more helpful, like Omen, Glacial Shroud, Aegis, and Guardian Angel.

There's talk I've read, especially with an AP Rammus build, about how too much armor is actually a negative when you would be better spent getting health boosting items at some point. I still need to research this and what items are available.

Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #125 on: June 22, 2010, 05:06:18 PM

I believe about 200 armor/MR is what I have seen recommended on the forums, although I switch to health items after 100 armor/MR. 100 armor is 50% damage reduction. 200 armor is 66% damage reduction. If they stack flat penetration items I occasionally go for 150-200 armor/MR, but if they go with Last Whisper or Void Staff I just stack the hell out of health.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #126 on: June 28, 2010, 09:41:25 PM

Pasifist twitches and rambo sorakas are really starting to get on my nerve.

"Me am play gods"
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #127 on: June 29, 2010, 10:17:20 AM

Pasifist twitches and rambo sorakas are really starting to get on my nerve.

rambo soraka is  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS
Dtrain
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: July 04, 2010, 10:09:39 PM

Just a note on AP Rammus - I tried it early on when I picked up the character, maybe I'll give it another shot now, but I was /not/ impressed. Here's the current item build I work with - assuming optimal conditions - mostly physical enemies, no early-mid lane shut downs, good lane partner, etc. I'm always ready to switch it up, depending on what my current situation is, for example, I'm up against a good harassing magic DPS, I buy a negatron cloak early, but don't upgrade it to nature's wrath until mid-late game.

I start with a ruby crystal and build it into a heart of gold first off - but my summoner spells are flash and ghost, so I don't really suffer from the temporary loss of mobility, or (USUALLY) the need to pop early health potions. And I do have to specify "USUALLY" here, because if I run up against a pair of good ranged DPS in my lane, I will kill enough creep to afford some pots, and visit the store after the first ass kicking that occurs. Of course a good lane partner can correct the situation, but I pub a lot, so I can't always count on that.

I almost always go ninja tabbi because my yellow runes are dodge. My other option here are mercury treads vs. a heavy magic team.

I build my first sunfire at this point. I tend to get a lot of mid-late game mileage out of stacking 2 sunfire capes on Rammus - it fixes one of his major problems of not being able to creep or jungle for sustained periods. Aside from never having to worry about your cash income again, and building up both your armor and your HP, strategically you're taking a character who is already a good anti-pusher with strong tower munching ability and high survivability, and turning him into a good pusher as well. The enemy is going to be hard pressed to come up with a solution for keeping you from pressuring their unguarded towers if your allies are also pushing hard.

At this point, the build becomes a lot more fluid, so depending on what I am up against I will:
-Build my second sunfire, assuming everything is still going well
-Convert my heart of gold into an omen, assuming I'm in need of some additional snare/AC/HP (which is always likely)
-Build a nature's wrath, if the magic DPS is starting to increase (which isn't always needed)
-Build a banshee's, if the enemy team is going with disables and/or the magic DPS is strong (also not always needed)

If you get this far, chances are you've already won the game. You may want to get an Guardian Angel for the resurection - enemy teams have a habit of making me #1 on thier hit list by now, because of all the towers I have eaten, and all of the times I have been in the middle of the action stirring things up as their team gets destroyed. This is good because it makes your initiate attempts SUPER EFFECTIVE, but it's also bad because sometimes they do actually succeed in killing you with retard rage, despite the best efforts of your team.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 01:51:54 AM by Dtrain »
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #129 on: July 05, 2010, 03:28:29 AM

Heart Rammus.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: August 19, 2010, 06:14:49 AM

Matchmaking is still so damn random.  I get so rolled in two games last night that my ass hurt.  Including one where my favorite moment was our Amumu saying "Our Trist getting ganked out front was initiation, why did the rest of you pussies back off?"  The other game had us against a team with Kat and Twitch and NO ONE else on our team took anyone with any way to break their ults even after I pleaded for more people to take someone with a stun or disable.

Then I play a quick one this morning and we rolll them 16-5 in 18 minutes.  swamp poop

Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #131 on: August 19, 2010, 10:03:24 PM

Matchmaking is still so damn random.  I get so rolled in two games last night that my ass hurt.  Including one where my favorite moment was our Amumu saying "Our Trist getting ganked out front was initiation, why did the rest of you pussies back off?"  The other game had us against a team with Kat and Twitch and NO ONE else on our team took anyone with any way to break their ults even after I pleaded for more people to take someone with a stun or disable.

Then I play a quick one this morning and we rolll them 16-5 in 18 minutes.  swamp poop

Yeah. This is my experience as well. Sad really, the occasional balanced games can be quite fun.

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #132 on: August 21, 2010, 12:06:39 AM

Just for you Hoax -

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: August 21, 2010, 08:00:25 AM

I'm really tired of Shaco and Garen. I can't wait for the hard nerfs next patch.

I had a team that let Shaco rape them in all lanes for a good ten minutes. I was the only one that didn't die because I knew all his tricks.

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #134 on: August 21, 2010, 08:36:26 AM

The problem with Shaco and Garen both is just that they can do WAY too much damage at the first few levels, I think they are fine later.

Also the Heimer nerfs look to be way too much, I think they are going to make him almost useless.

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #135 on: August 21, 2010, 12:39:33 PM

Considering people were screaming for his removal, maybe that's a good thing.

Heimer properly supported is still a bitch.

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #136 on: September 12, 2010, 05:32:28 PM

So how pissed would you be to be on the losing end of this RANKED game?

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #137 on: September 21, 2010, 07:11:09 AM

Someday I will learn that "one quick game" almost never end well.  Our only tank, Alistar, builds Razor, Beserker Greaves, Sheen etc... while our pirate kept acting like he was the tank initiating fight by walking into the other team and getting owned.

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #138 on: September 21, 2010, 09:02:43 AM

I feel terrible I haven't played this in over a month but between PAX and getting involved in some start-up ventures my free time is gone. When I get back home I can't think at all and just want to relax.

And now Civ V is out and Dead Rising 2 is next weekend. Wooooo.

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #139 on: September 23, 2010, 07:04:55 PM

Someday I will learn that "one quick game" almost never end well.  Our only tank, Alistar, builds Razor, Beserker Greaves, Sheen etc... while our pirate kept acting like he was the tank initiating fight by walking into the other team and getting owned.

2nd day, play "just one game", we have a DC and lose 4v5.
3rd day, play "just one game", our top lane of Vlad and Kassadin gives up SEVEN kills to Miss Fortune 2v1.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Launched  
Jump to: