Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:36:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: v1.3.2 PTS Patch Notes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: v1.3.2 PTS Patch Notes  (Read 104419 times)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

on: October 01, 2009, 06:31:37 AM

Game update 1.3.2 brings exciting new improvements to Tier 4 Realm vs. Realm campaign gameplay with better rewards for Keep attacks and defenses, and more frequent capital city invasions. A completely revamped new user experience makes it easier than ever for new recruits to join the WAR, and many new UI improvements and career balance changes and bug fixes make this an update not to miss!

EDIT: RIGHT! the link, just in case my non-formated version sucks.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 06:53:02 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 07:20:47 AM

* Many crowd control changes have been introduced with this update. In addition to reducing the number of disabling abilities, all "stun" effects have either been removed or replaced by a knockdown or "stagger" effect. Stagger is a new condition that acts similarly to the previous stun effect, but will immediately dispel itself as soon as the staggered player is damaged.

That's a small step in the right direction.  It won't get me back, but I'm hoping that it influences future games.

I think I may check out the official forums to witness the tears. 
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 07:22:36 AM by Nebu »

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
March
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 07:38:47 AM

* User Interface: The following portions of the User Interface are now hidden at the beginning of the game and will become visible when first needed: Experience Bar, Renown Bar, Tactics Bar, Morale Bar, Zone Control Bar, and the Chapter Influence Bar. Players can opt to show all parts of the UI at any time in the User Settings.

Ohhhhh, I see.

Of course, doesn't actually fix the fact that not only are there too many bars, some of those bars actually represent up to 20 other mini-bars (I'm looking at you Chapter influence Bar).

* Fixed an issue that prevented the game from running on machines that have 32 or more processors.

Finally.
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 08:52:36 AM

Played on the Test Server last night in massive T4 RvR and keep taking. They allowed creation of 40/80 characters outfitted with full Invader and Darkpromise sets, as well as other gear, potions, talismans, etc you'd expect on a 40/80. (This may have been available before, but was first time I'd ever seen it.)

There must have been 200-250 toons (6 full WBs on Destro alone, and probably 4 on Order).  Yeah, so the entire remaining subscriber base showed. Yay!

Anyway, performance was outstanding. Nearly zero lag/hitching etc. reported, even from people running on older hardware. Of course, doesn't mean it will show up that way on the live servers unfortunately. But whatever they did to textures seems to have helped most folks.

Anyway, had fun getting to play a variety of 40/80 toons wearing gear I may never actually get on a live server :)

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 10:57:39 AM

Yay.  A miracle patch swamp poop
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 11:57:38 AM

ballsy changes but way too late IMO.  But almost NGE-worthy.

They should've made incremental changes over the last year for the game they actually had working, not what they thought they built or intended the game to be.  TEH VISION once more screws up a title.  I'm looking at you Paul.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 12:45:17 PM

TEH VISION once more screws up a title.  I'm looking at you Paul.

Video of the WAR vision.
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 02:45:16 PM

ballsy changes but way too late IMO.  But almost NGE-worthy.

They should've made incremental changes over the last year for the game they actually had working, not what they thought they built or intended the game to be.  TEH VISION once more screws up a title.  I'm looking at you Paul.

I don't find the changes ballsy at all. They're just addressing a few complaints about class balance, really. When they decide to revamp the zone/tier system, completely re-do the realm-rank system, get cross-server scenarios going, and figure out what the hell is supposed to be truly "challenging" or "interesting" about ORvR, and try to shoehorn all this into one big game-changing patch without any player input, then I'll be happy to call it ballsy (hopefully the deliciously big, sweaty, and hairy type of ballsy at that).

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 05:11:38 PM

If they increased leveling speed by 50 to 60% I would consider giving it another go. I am just so tired of having to slog through crappy PVE games to get to the PVP.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 08:53:33 PM

If they increased leveling speed by 50 to 60% I would consider giving it another go. I am just so tired of having to slog through crappy PVE games to get to the PVP.

Depends on when you left.  One of the nice things about the Land of the Dead is that all the mobs there are level 36-40, and since it's a PvP zone, anyone who can get there (level 25 or so) is automatically boosted to level 36.  Plus, once you hit level 19, you get a quest that basically grants you two or three free levels.  So, if you hang on to the quest until you level out of tier 2, you can get up to 24, quest a level, and then hit the Land of the Dead for mobs which you can kill for about 1% of a level each (most of my guys can pull a few of these at once and just AoE them down).

I'm interested in the technical improvements; I might check it out once I get sick of Aion.
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: October 02, 2009, 07:19:29 AM

Some of this are needed fixes and as we wll know should of been done much much sooner.  As for test center running great and no lag, TC has always run better for me then live servers so until this patch makes it to live and you do large scale PvP there I wouldnt hold your breath on it being that improved. 
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: October 02, 2009, 09:23:01 AM

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: October 02, 2009, 09:31:47 AM

If that were the true vision, I'm not sure it would be paint that he was using. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
March
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: October 02, 2009, 10:39:51 AM

Diagram of the Network code? or is that the original schematic of the steps needed to lock a zone?
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #14 on: October 02, 2009, 11:04:08 AM

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: October 02, 2009, 01:47:37 PM

Diagram of the Network code? or is that the original schematic of the steps needed to lock a zone?
Flight paths resulting in death in Tor Anroc?

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: October 02, 2009, 02:55:21 PM

You mean the T4 PvP? You can PvP from level 1 - there is no PvP to "get to". Frankly, some of the best PvP is at the lower levels.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: October 02, 2009, 03:31:04 PM

My best PvP moment was running a level 8 Disciple into the Empire starting area to explore and I accidentally got flagged.

A level 10 Ironbreaker I passed wouldn't let me flee so I turned around and beat him down.  Continuing on a group of three level fives decided to try their hand.  That fight went on a while with two War Priests and the archer class, but I finally killed one after splitting them up by doing some target switching, then the other two backed off.

Really low level fights, but it was a lot of fun.

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #18 on: October 02, 2009, 03:41:10 PM

Dev Diary - James Casey (New User Journey)

With 1.3.2 on its way soon, I was asked to write a quick Dev Diary about some of the cool stuff you’ll be seeing in this patch.  One of the more prominent features will be our Realm versus Realm changes, which include changes to the Tier 4 campaign, notably with Fortresses.  This patch will also continue on the career balance changes started in 1.3.1, with a specific focus on crowd control.  Another cool feature is our new ‘apprenticeship’ program where players can group up or down with players of varying Ranks and be adjusted to be competitive with the player that is ‘apprenticed.’  This will allow players of any Rank to play with any other Rank characters in the game and not be at a disadvantage.

With them dropping 4 of the 6 starter areas, the new patch cutting Fortresses out of RVR and removing most crowd control, I'm stuck by how much of the improvements to WAR are being made by actually dropping features.  You could even argue that the ‘apprenticeship’ program is going a long way towards removing the significance of levels.  Not that I think any of that isn't needed but it's a bit strange to see it all described as "cool stuff".
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: October 03, 2009, 05:15:59 AM

It explains nothing except that he's a douchebag poseur fuck trying to obliquely compare himself to goddamned Jackson Pollack.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: October 03, 2009, 09:14:48 AM

As I said...

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: October 03, 2009, 06:03:24 PM

Fair enough  awesome, for real
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: October 06, 2009, 04:38:44 PM

And marauders keep on taking it in the ass, what a joke.

I am the .00000001428%
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: October 06, 2009, 06:54:54 PM

And marauders keep on taking it in the ass, what a joke.

What's really sad is I keep being tempted into going back and checking it out again. Thank fuck they messed with bomber engineers - and the fact that my HD is full.

Did WH ever get any better? Mine never got out of the 20s because - well either they sucked in T2 or I did... or both :)

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: October 07, 2009, 07:03:14 AM

Witch Hunters are pretty badass, but then again I was RR77 by the time I quit and wearing 4 Warlord + Invader.  There wasnt a class I couldnt kill including level 80 Dok's.  I think my crit when I left was at 45%
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #25 on: October 07, 2009, 07:43:47 AM

but then again I was RR77 by the time I quit

I guess persistence paid off. 
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: October 07, 2009, 08:06:59 AM

but then again I was RR77 by the time I quit

I guess persistence paid off. 

Aion couldnt come out fast enough
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: October 07, 2009, 10:39:32 AM

Some friends and myself are going to have a gaming weekend and explore Warhammer using trial accounts. Not so much because we're interested in playing long term but more because it might be the last chance before they shut it down. 6 x low/low servers (albeit in aussie primetime) is pretty damn sad for a big budget MMO. Messing around with the game I'm not surprised though, it feels clunky and looks pretty ugly even though I'm running at high quality. The warhammer lore is still cool, and I quite like the idea of hybrid healers, but as an MMO the designers must have realised it wasn't coming together as it should.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: October 07, 2009, 11:00:07 AM

I was lucky that I was able to level 40 via PvP only pretty much in the early months of the game.  It didnt matter if I logged in mid day or morning there were scenarios popping. Now, and the last 5 months at least you rarely could get a scenario to pop mid day and even nighttime they are often slow and there could literally be 0 scenarios from 7am till about 2pm...daily.  They could consolidate the 6 remaining servers down to 2 or 3 which I have estimated they will do by Xmas anyhow. 
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: October 07, 2009, 12:08:48 PM

I've been suggesting moving to a single server model over on the Warhammer forums.
I'd be willing to pick a side and stick with it if it meant a single world with plenty of pvp action.
But people are whining about "my graphics card won't be able to handle 50,000 people at a time!"
Idiots. We'd be lucky to get 1000, or even 500, people in the same place at the same time.

Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: October 07, 2009, 12:58:30 PM

The problem is simple:

1.  The model of RvR and PvE in WAR requires a large number of people
a.  RvR - so you have enough people fighting to keep things interesting
b.  PvE - so you have enough people spread across too many zones in order to populate PQs, and give everyone someone to play with
2.  Large numbers of people in RvR makes the game unplayable, which seems to be a combination of client machines unable to handle the textures, and the server throwing fits at having so many players in one location, or even just too many people on the server period.
3.  Everyone quits.

The quitting has been steady, and server merges do nothing to stem the quitting.  In fact, they probably hasten it, as being able to fight every once in a while is preferable to being portal stormed out because the area is already full.

The very first thing Mythic should have done was figure out how they wanted to fix the above series of problems.
1.  Make RvR and PvE smaller in scale.  Having one starter zone is a good starting point, as it will make "official" the unofficial consolidation the playerbase has undergone itself.  Spreading RvR out is one possible solution, possibly by making changes which allow smaller forces to affect battles, or the state of city sieges.  Something to spread people out.
Or
1.  Fix the engine to allow for large scale combat.  I do not understand how this is a problem, DAoC handles much larger battles fairly well.
2.  Fix the client so it stops failing so hard.

Only after that was done should the server consolidations have begun.  Because they never fixed the underlying core problems with leveling and fighting other players, people have continued to cancel their subscription.
Redgiant
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: October 07, 2009, 03:48:08 PM

1.  Make RvR and PvE smaller in scale.  Having one starter zone is a good starting point, as it will make "official" the unofficial consolidation the playerbase has undergone itself.  Spreading RvR out is one possible solution, possibly by making changes which allow smaller forces to affect battles, or the state of city sieges.  Something to spread people out.
Or
1.  Fix the engine to allow for large scale combat.  I do not understand how this is a problem, DAoC handles much larger battles fairly well.
2.  Fix the client so it stops failing so hard.

Well, DAoC resource requirements are much tinier than WARs. The polys and textures bering pushed around are much higher in size and numbers, LoD notwithstanding.

Moore's law just makes older games like DAoC seem even faster by comparison. GPU onboard memory alone is greater than the CPU memory was in DAoC's day.

But even when you adjust for inflation, yes DAoC handled more people on-screen in 2001-2002 than WAR does today. It handled around 300 people on my setup back then which wa a pretty good one for its time, and I turned off a lot of things for big fights as well.

Another factor was that when you really wanted to turn off all unnecessary effects, the extreme low end was leaner. t might look worse than anything you would want to consider modern but it was leaner.

A FUCKING COMPANY IS AT STEAK
Redgiant
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: October 07, 2009, 03:54:05 PM

To quote a guildmate on EQ Veeshan back when Kunark came out:

"No one cares about swaying trees if you die from low FPS fighting a dragon."

There's way too much "look at teh pretty pictures" and not enough "what the hell is supposed to motivate me to want to play more". Just throwing graphic advancements at the problem just creates more problems.

A FUCKING COMPANY IS AT STEAK
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: October 07, 2009, 06:38:32 PM

But people are whining about "my graphics card won't be able to handle 50,000 people at a time!"
Idiots. We'd be lucky to get 1000, or even 500, people in the same place at the same time.

Lucky in the sense that I might survive the blast generated by my video card with only minor injuries, I guess.  Fucking HAL 9000 couldn't handle 1,000 people onscreen.  This game chugs with even 100 people in a siege.  You can't even enter a fortress with more than like, what, two hundred people total in zone?

Of all the problems WAR has, I think this will be the toughest (from an "amount of work involved" standpoint) to fix.  Which is why, if they have fixed it with this patch, I retain a glimmer of hope.  But the time to notice that the game can't actually handle it's own endgame would have been in beta, and I am somewhat skeptical that they can miracle patch this thing live.
BitWarrior
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: October 07, 2009, 09:11:12 PM

But the time to notice that the game can't actually handle it's own endgame would have been during engine selection.

Fixed.

Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: v1.3.2 PTS Patch Notes  
Jump to: