Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:17:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Community 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Community  (Read 84434 times)
schild
Administrator

on: September 26, 2009, 11:54:31 PM

If you aren't watching this, you should be.
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 06:27:04 AM

Kind of dry, but I like the stereotypes.

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 07:37:36 AM

It looked good, I just keep forgetting its on.  I suppose I should just do the modern thing and hulu/ download it.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 11:45:50 AM

Kind of dry, but I like the stereotypes.

You don't like fun, do you? There's so many awesome characters in this show.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 01:56:26 PM

It sucks that Fringe is on the wrong night.  So I watch Fringe, and hulu Office and Community.  

I think this is an example of a show that would be normally be mediocre but the talent of cast makes it good.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 02:09:30 PM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 02:06:59 PM

This show is getting unreasonably good, it's actually kind of odd.

schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: October 23, 2009, 08:09:42 AM

Why?
WayAbvPar

Reply #7 on: October 23, 2009, 08:14:09 AM

I have always thought Joel McHale was hilarious. Chevy Chase isn't overused (a little of him goes a very long way these days), the girls are ridiculously easy on the eyes, and it is funny as hell. I wish it had a later time slot so it could be a bit edgier though.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
ashrik
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: October 24, 2009, 03:10:41 PM

Why?
I generally operate under the assumption that most comedies on TV are going to be horrible, and those that aren't are going to be cancelled soon.

I think it's double when the show is created to dovetail either before or after an already established comedy that I like.
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: October 31, 2009, 11:45:32 AM

The halloween episode was one of the funniest things I've ever seen on tv. 

Still surprised this show is as good as it is. 
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #10 on: November 01, 2009, 01:00:40 PM

This. I'm worried people may get tired because Abed seems to carry a good portion of the shows comedy.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #11 on: November 02, 2009, 07:35:31 AM

Fuck you.  Senor Chang is the star of the show!

"Me am play gods"
schild
Administrator

Reply #12 on: November 02, 2009, 07:46:59 AM

This. I'm worried people may get tired because Abed seems to carry a good portion of the shows comedy.
Eh? The Batman and alien things were pretty funny but I don't think he carries a good portion at all.  Admittedly they've quarantined off some humor to attract more women to the show, but for the most part I'm finding everyone pretty funny, especially Chang and the black guy from Derrick Comedy.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #13 on: November 11, 2009, 09:29:41 PM

This show is great, its a bonus that its quite funny because the two romantic will they will they leads would be enough to suck me in.  Everything else is icing.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #14 on: November 13, 2009, 01:12:08 PM

I love that the chick from Mad Men (Pete's wife Trudy) is on this show. I always laugh when I watch it, so that means win for me.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #15 on: November 14, 2009, 01:39:56 PM

Allison Brie is hot.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #16 on: December 25, 2009, 12:43:41 AM

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
WayAbvPar

Reply #17 on: February 12, 2010, 08:35:04 AM

This officially my favorite show on television. Which means the dolts at NBC will cancel it any day now.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: February 12, 2010, 09:01:55 AM

Have you checked out Donald Glover's Derrick Comedy stuff? It's pretty good:

http://www.derrickcomedy.com/videos/

EDIT: I guess I should point out that these videos are generally NSFW.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 10:33:47 AM by Abagadro »

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #19 on: February 12, 2010, 11:53:49 AM

Thanks for that.
WayAbvPar

Reply #20 on: March 05, 2010, 03:01:03 PM

Renewed for a second season. I was terrified NBC was going to fuck this up and cancel them for another hospital drama or reality show. Yay!

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: March 05, 2010, 03:28:57 PM

Yesterdays episode had me laughing so hard I nearly had a fit, a thing that is rare these days.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: March 09, 2010, 08:15:11 AM

The billiards episode destroys even the Halloween episode.  So good.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: April 22, 2010, 10:06:55 PM

Tonight's episode was awesome.  I think Way needs to switch out Forest Whitaker Eye for Crazy Pharaoh.

-H.L. Mencken
voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #24 on: April 28, 2010, 01:05:19 PM

Sauced wanted to watch Good Fellas after last Thursday's episode.  awesome, for real

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #25 on: May 02, 2010, 03:26:29 PM

If anyone else was doing this stuff, it be trite and annoying.  Somehow Community does it awesome.

"Me am play gods"
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #26 on: May 07, 2010, 04:22:32 PM

Last night's paintball tournament episode was brilliant.
voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #27 on: May 13, 2010, 03:05:58 PM

They sure have made this show all about Joel McHale being shirtless.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
WayAbvPar

Reply #28 on: May 14, 2010, 10:44:41 AM

This show is streets ahead of anything else on TV.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: May 14, 2010, 11:50:09 AM

You can't just say streets ahead and make it into something.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
WayAbvPar

Reply #30 on: May 21, 2010, 10:26:15 AM

"...Big boobs, medium boobs, and black boobs..."

Chevy rules on this show. Amazingly, they even managed to breathe some life into the love triangle (or quadrangle?) trope. I hope they can keep it going for a few more years.

Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: July 12, 2010, 07:25:57 AM

Just have to say....

Never watched this show before, and then I caught one of the Community marathons last week.  The paintball episode sold me.  This show is amazingly funny, and I'll be catching up with it on DVD.
WayAbvPar

Reply #32 on: July 15, 2010, 12:59:01 PM

You won't be sorry. And I am willing to bet the DVD commentaries will be equally amusing. Dan Harmon is clinically insane, but in a completely hilarious way.

WayAbvPar

Reply #33 on: October 29, 2010, 11:07:27 AM

Please tell me I am not the only one still watching this. It is the funniest thing on TV. Last night's episode was sublime.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #34 on: October 29, 2010, 11:18:36 AM

My favorite show on network television.  It's a crime that Outsourced is getting more viewers, sheerly by virtue of it following The Office.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Community  
Jump to: