Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:29:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: The Venture Bros. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Venture Bros.  (Read 112426 times)
Triax
Terracotta Army

Reply #280 on: March 21, 2016, 01:11:19 AM

This season has been amazing, just gob-smacking amazing. 
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #281 on: March 21, 2016, 03:42:05 AM

My only complaint is last night was an odd place to leave the season until the next one. No real resolution to anything, making this whole season more of a setup for what I assume to be next seasons punchline. 

It's a petty complaint though and that was an amazing episode. 

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #282 on: March 21, 2016, 06:24:40 PM

Wait... that's the season finale? ... THE FUCK?

I need more Venture.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #283 on: March 21, 2016, 07:39:35 PM

Wait... that's the season finale? ... THE FUCK?

I need more Venture.

Just another 2-3 year wait for next season.   awesome, for real
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #284 on: March 22, 2016, 01:22:30 AM

Last week's was supposed to be the season finale. Things got all fucked up in the production schedule per an interview. With this show you just need to ignore the usual rules when it comes to seasons, premiers, finales, etc.  Just enjoy it on an episode to episode basis and then rewatch it in toto when it is done and on DVD.  I've really liked this season. Some really good shit and this episode was amazing. Clancy Brown is a god damned national treasure.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #285 on: September 18, 2017, 08:35:16 PM

So, it's been a while, and apparently, it's gonna be a while longer.

AS played a bumper the other night for those that haven't entirely given up hope.

http://nerdist.com/the-venture-bros-will-return-but-probably-not-until-late-2018/

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #286 on: September 18, 2017, 09:40:14 PM

Something to look forward to assuming the country is still here by then.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #287 on: May 26, 2018, 11:13:18 AM

News came out yesterday that it looks like it may be this summer, so moved up a bit.

-H.L. Mencken
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #288 on: August 04, 2018, 08:41:50 AM

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #289 on: August 05, 2018, 12:16:48 AM

That is the very definition of "diving into the deep end".  If you aren't an obsessive you have no idea WTF is going on. I loved it.

-H.L. Mencken
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #290 on: August 06, 2018, 11:43:04 PM

I am so glad I heard season seven was on its way and rewatched the whole series ahead of time.

I am really liking this start to season seven, which, in true Venture Bros style probably would make more sense as the finale of season six...
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #291 on: August 20, 2018, 06:10:27 PM

That may have been the densest 90 minutes of television I've ever seen, and I loved every goddamn minute of it.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #292 on: August 20, 2018, 06:49:26 PM

Those 3 episodes seem like they should have been the end of last season, but that's how this show rolls I guess.

New favorite gag character: Hate-Bit.

-H.L. Mencken
Korachia
Terracotta Army

Reply #293 on: August 23, 2018, 12:08:09 PM

Amazing first episode. Can't wait to get some time free again to dig into the others!

It's just incredible they have been able to keep this series going for so long and develop it to where it is.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #294 on: September 17, 2018, 06:50:31 AM

That was a weird one, did NOT end as expected. Dunno where it's going this season, but the ride sure is fun.
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #295 on: September 19, 2018, 01:02:52 PM

My fiancee is on an extended trip to the US so I'm finally catching up on TV shows  awesome, for real Ohhhhh, I see. Holy balls this latest season is fun!

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #296 on: October 06, 2018, 12:40:27 AM

Holy shit the season ending episode is lit.

-H.L. Mencken
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #297 on: October 08, 2018, 04:25:05 AM

That was pretty amazing. I love all the setup for next season, at the same time I hate it.
Father mike
Terracotta Army

Reply #298 on: December 24, 2018, 06:55:58 PM

I would like to thank Vladimir Putin for ensuring that every member of the NPR news staff has had to say "Pussy Riot" on the air multiple times.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #299 on: December 24, 2018, 09:06:53 PM

OMG I didn't know these existed. THANK YOU!  The recreation of the Crosby/Bowie abomination had me rolling.

-H.L. Mencken
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #300 on: September 07, 2020, 04:13:51 PM

The fuckwits at Adult Swim have canceled the show.  I'm inconsolable. The guys put together one of the most genius and subversive shows in a generation and the dipshits won't let them finish it on their terms despite them being deep into writing season 8. FUCK. FUCK 2020. FUCKITY FUCK FUCK FUCK.

-H.L. Mencken
Korachia
Terracotta Army

Reply #301 on: September 07, 2020, 10:35:37 PM

Nooooo.... worst news of today. I could not agree more Abogadro. This show was something unique indeed. Clever, well thought out, and subversive. This sucks.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #302 on: September 08, 2020, 09:03:04 AM

The fuckwits at Adult Swim have canceled the show.  I'm inconsolable. The guys put together one of the most genius and subversive shows in a generation and the dipshits won't let them finish it on their terms despite them being deep into writing season 8. FUCK. FUCK 2020. FUCKITY FUCK FUCK FUCK.

AS is saying they want Venture to continue as well...  lots of speculation that AT&T is slashing budgets everywhere.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #303 on: September 08, 2020, 01:22:21 PM

AS said the same about China, IL. And Metalocalypse. And SuperJail. They lie.
Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #304 on: September 10, 2020, 07:22:14 AM

I got excited when I saw the thread updated.

Fuck Everything.

Korachia
Terracotta Army

Reply #305 on: September 11, 2020, 11:28:16 AM

Would anybody else pick up this show? A streaming service perhaps?

One can dream..
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #306 on: September 11, 2020, 06:38:58 PM

HBO Max has been thrown around since they have resurrected some other animated stuff and is part of the same ownership (AT&T) as Cartoon Network, but the way the creators are talking about it all it seems basically dead-dead rather than mostly-dead.

-H.L. Mencken
Korachia
Terracotta Army

Reply #307 on: September 13, 2020, 12:00:26 AM

Yeah Publick comments are not encouraging at all I agree :(
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: The Venture Bros.  
Jump to: