Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:46:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2009 NFL 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2009 NFL  (Read 168766 times)
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #735 on: January 28, 2010, 06:13:58 PM

Battle of the Network NFL Stars.
I loved that show as a kid. It was fun watching NBC's football team crush everybody else when they had Mark Harmon (starting QB at UCLA in his college days) playing for them.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #736 on: January 29, 2010, 05:33:49 AM

Man, I love that show too.  Mostly it was because of all the really hot women, which is odd because I was only like 6 or 7 at the time. 

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #737 on: January 29, 2010, 08:48:43 AM

Man, I love that show too.  Mostly it was because of all the really hot women
...wearing swimsuits...
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #738 on: February 01, 2010, 03:28:16 AM

The Pro Bowl has been a joke for a long while. They need to shitcan that whole thing, take out the extra week between the championships and the Super Bowl and just name the people who would've gone to the Pro Bowl All-Stars or something. It was stupid when it was a week after the Super Bowl and in Hawaii. It's worse now, because all the Super Bowl players won't be playing.

And the college OT system? Lame.

When it was in Hawaii, Pro Bowl just served as a vacation mecca for players and their family/friends. Now that it's part of the superbowl pre-event gala hype, not sure what function it really serves.

It should be replaced with a skill competition carousel — fastest runner, have QBs fire passes through tires and/or put a radar gun on 'em, 3v3 (fl|t)ag football, lineman reverse tug-o-war (i.e., line up on opposite sides of tackle "dummy" and see who can push who off), strongest man, etc.…

That would be more exciting than the extremely lame pro-bowl game…

Excellent idea.  I'd love to see that and would give the NFL another way to highlight their players.  Have Manning and Brady goof around and chat and throw footballs.  Have some of the players that have a personality chat and just hang out.  I would watch that way more than the Pro Bowl.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #739 on: February 01, 2010, 09:17:51 PM

Mike Martz is the Bears new offensive coordinator.

So a douchebag will be coached by an asshole. Awesome.  why so serious?

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #740 on: February 01, 2010, 10:03:32 PM

They already do, it's called the "All Pro" team and it's far more selective than the Pro Bowl.  I'm not sure why the owners/coaches allow the Pro Bowl to exist with how paranoid everyone is about injuries. Maybe they should just play the thing in a giant inflatible bouncy castle.

The way it is they basically play two-hand touch.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #741 on: February 02, 2010, 05:48:47 AM

The way it is they basically play two-hand touch.

That's it!  They can play flag football for the pro bowl!

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #742 on: February 02, 2010, 05:53:26 AM

Isn't there a league full of Playboy Playmates?  We could just watch that instead.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #743 on: February 05, 2010, 10:03:17 AM

Maybe if they gave a $2 million dollar bonus to the player that actually inflicted an injury to someone on the opposing team?
Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #744 on: February 06, 2010, 02:24:27 PM

Isn't there a league full of Playboy Playmates?  We could just watch that instead.

The LFL?

Go San Diego Seduction!!!

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #745 on: February 07, 2010, 05:05:35 PM

Am I wrong in saying that this superbowl is rather blah so far? Even the commercials are pedestrian... aside from Snickers which gets a big win for Betty White and Abe Vigoda.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #746 on: February 07, 2010, 05:12:07 PM

I could sure go for some Doritos and Bud Light!

Yeah, commercials and game have been blah. I guess partly because I don't care even slightly who wins.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #747 on: February 07, 2010, 05:57:07 PM

The Bud Light commercials have sucked.  I got chuckles out of the Snickers and a few Doritos commercials. The Denny's Chickens were pretty damn funny too, but I enjoy stupid humor like that.

Oh, forgot the Letterman spot with Leno and Oprah.  "Worst superbowl party ever.."
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 06:00:53 PM by Merusk »

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #748 on: February 07, 2010, 06:47:53 PM

Who Dat?

The motherfucking superbowl champions, that's who.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #749 on: February 07, 2010, 06:59:15 PM

Fucking awesome game.

Who Dat!

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #750 on: February 07, 2010, 07:03:54 PM

Hopefully this will make the boo hooing Vikings fans shut the fuck up.

Oh, who am I kidding.  why so serious?

God Save the Horn Players
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #751 on: February 07, 2010, 07:05:24 PM

No, now you'll just have boo-hooing Colts fans joining in on the chorus.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #752 on: February 07, 2010, 07:10:58 PM

Solid game, though I was disappointed I couldn't spot Nesbit on the field.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #753 on: February 07, 2010, 07:16:02 PM

What a great game, not too many penalties, only one turnover and some great plays.  Kudos to Indy for playing their usual excellent game, but man did the Saints scratch and claw.  Without a doubt the best two teams played and without a doubt the Saints are the best team of the year.  Such gutsy calls by Coach Peyton, that onside kick was amazing.  

Regardless of who plays, I'm always glad to see close Superbowl games.  

Oh and the commercials were the worst in years.  The auto-tune one was kinda funny but it was just a lousy year for commercials.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #754 on: February 07, 2010, 07:19:53 PM

Well, I'm highly pissed off.  I can't believe that the fucking Saints won.  I mean really.  Their defense sucks and Brees is a dillhole.  Also, Manning is a Catholic priest that actually does not molest small children and brought Tennessee out of the Civil War.  Really.

Actually, I couldn't give a shit.  Does it matter?
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #755 on: February 07, 2010, 07:23:09 PM

Well, I'm highly pissed off.  I can't believe that the fucking Saints won.  I mean really.  Their defense sucks and Brees is a dillhole.  Also, Manning is a Catholic priest that actually does not molest small children and brought Tennessee out of the Civil War.  Really.

Actually, I couldn't give a shit.  Does it matter?

Just because we keep banning the biggest douchebag on the forums quarterly, doesn't mean someone needs to take up the reigns.

If it doesn't matter to you, why are you reading the thread and better yet, why are you posting?

-Rasix
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #756 on: February 07, 2010, 07:28:02 PM

What a great game, not too many penalties, only one turnover and some great plays.  Kudos to Indy for playing their usual excellent game, but man did the Saints scratch and claw.  Without a doubt the best two teams played and without a doubt the Saints are the best team of the year.  Such gutsy calls by Coach Peyton, that onside kick was amazing.  

Regardless of who plays, I'm always glad to see close Superbowl games.  

Oh and the commercials were the worst in years.  The auto-tune one was kinda funny but it was just a lousy year for commercials.

My wife (Saints fan) got kinda cranky with me when I criticized the on-sides kick as risky for no reason.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #757 on: February 07, 2010, 09:14:05 PM

Saints won, and I don't begrudge them. Still, did it not sound like a Saints home game in there? Damn if I've never heard a Super Bowl crowd so very one-sided in years.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #758 on: February 07, 2010, 09:28:22 PM

That's because an absolute shitton of New Orleans fans went to the Super Bowl, hell a bunch went to Miami just to be in the fucking city. 44 years of disappointment and despair and it's finally over.

SAINTS WIN!

That was a good game. It wasn't decided by the refs, by penalties, by stupidity, it was the best team coming through at the right time. I've been watching these bastards trip over their dick for 32 years. My first football memory is the Saints losing to the Detroit Lions on TV. I never thought I'd be able to utter the phrase SUPER BOWL CHAMPION NEW ORLEANS SAINTS!

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #759 on: February 07, 2010, 09:31:44 PM

Was a very good game and I agree with Haemish that that it was refreshing how little role the refs played. I feel a bit bad for Manning. He is really a master and watching him play is a thing of beauty. In my opinion that interception was actually not his fault. If you look at it Wayne was very lazy on his break. I think he was the hot read on the blitz and Wayne didn't read it so didn't break for the quick slant. Doubt it would have mattered all that much as NO basically outplayed them from the start of the 2nd quarter on.  Sean Payton has big brass ones, that's for sure.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #760 on: February 07, 2010, 09:41:26 PM

Well, I'm highly pissed off.  I can't believe that the fucking Saints won.  I mean really.  Their defense sucks and Brees is a dillhole.  Also, Manning is a Catholic priest that actually does not molest small children and brought Tennessee out of the Civil War.  Really.

Actually, I couldn't give a shit.  Does it matter?

Just because we keep banning the biggest douchebag on the forums quarterly, doesn't mean someone needs to take up the reigns.

If it doesn't matter to you, why are you reading the thread and better yet, why are you posting?

Sarcasm, my friend.......

I thought it was so over the top it wouldn't merit a ban threat, but sorry anyway  why so serious?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 09:45:59 PM by ghost »
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #761 on: February 08, 2010, 06:31:27 AM

The interception was just beautiful from a defensive point of view, in my opinion. I tend to agree with wasn't Manning's fault exactly, it was just a great defensive play.

I haven't watched the Colts play very much. Their coach ... he's sort of disturbing. There's having a game face, and then there's looking like you do not feel human emotions because you are an android sent from the future.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #762 on: February 08, 2010, 07:20:08 AM

Well, I'm pretty sure Tony Dungy is an alien. So usual fare over at Indy.

I really wanted a Vikes v Colts SB, I really wanted the Colts to win, but credit where it's due. It was a good game, both teams pretty much executed well and the best team won.

Garçon's drop was huge. I was a bit unhappy with the scrum for the ball during the onside kick, Saints players mobbed it and were pulling Colts off the pile and jumping on the pile at the same time...after the refs were there trying to break it up. It was pretty ugly. The long FG attempt for Indy was a huge mistake, handing the Saints great position.

I think maybe putting it in Adai's hands more would've been good, they were getting some good success with that early. Really, who prepares for a Colts running game? Great pick six, game was over that exact second, even though I never count Peyton out. Clock management was a bit crappy toward the end.

Funniest moment was big-mouth Shockey getting elbowed to the face into the ground. Or maybe the down marker smacking that guy on the sidelines (I hope he's ok, but the face was funny).
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #763 on: February 08, 2010, 07:25:54 AM

The interception was just beautiful from a defensive point of view, in my opinion. I tend to agree with wasn't Manning's fault exactly, it was just a great defensive play.

I haven't watched the Colts play very much. Their coach ... he's sort of disturbing. There's having a game face, and then there's looking like you do not feel human emotions because you are an android sent from the future.

Caldwell always has that "huh?" look to him. I don't want to outright question his ability to coach but I have not seen anything from him when I caught games this season. I don't think I have heard him speak on the sidelines either. Not saying he doesn't coach, but it does make you wonder just how much authority Manning has on that team.

As for the SB. First half blew ass and the Saints def got shredded pretty much the whole game (though they did not play for almost the entire 2nd quarter) aside from one mistake/great-play. Saints offense...my god, if you see that the Indy def is that god damn fast, stop running east to west and start throttling it between the tackles. Second half played out much better. The Saints field goal kicker was spot on though... insane leg and accuracy in that type of situation. Glad they got that 43 year old monkey off their back.

...now about my Browns.  why so serious?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #764 on: February 08, 2010, 07:37:50 AM

It was a good game, both teams pretty much executed well and the best team won.

The superbowl usually seems to be more of a one sided affair.  I'm happy that the anticipated round of excuse-making for the Colts and Manning hasn't happened.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #765 on: February 08, 2010, 08:02:33 AM

It seems like the Superbowls of late have all been pretty good, or at least ended fun. I can't think of a full out shitty one since Ravens-Giants (<sob>).

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #766 on: February 08, 2010, 08:11:02 AM

Colts-Bears and, in particular, Steelers-Seahawks were yawners. 
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #767 on: February 08, 2010, 08:17:11 AM

Haha, I forgot about those completely, so I guess you're right.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #768 on: February 08, 2010, 08:27:54 AM

The kickoff return was the highlight of the Colts-Bears superbowl.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #769 on: February 08, 2010, 08:43:08 AM

Twenty eight of the superbowls have been won by at least 10 points.  There have been some real stinkers in the past, however.  My personal favorite has been the SF-Cinci game where Tim Krumrie broke his leg in horrific fashion and Montana engineered one of the most amazing drives in NFL history.  But then there's the Pats-Bears from '85.  What a terrible game.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2009 NFL  
Jump to: