Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:55:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2009 NFL 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2009 NFL  (Read 169862 times)
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #560 on: January 09, 2010, 09:01:27 PM

For me, as a Cowboys fan, it's more relief than any other feeling at the moment. They got the playoff win monkey off their back and really, they could do some serious damage in the playoffs now. It's pretty exciting.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #561 on: January 09, 2010, 09:03:16 PM

What did humanity do to deserve having to listen to Joe Gibbs and Joe Theisman in the same broadcast team?

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #562 on: January 09, 2010, 10:45:06 PM

I think the Cowboys secondary surprised a lot of people. It was a complete shutdown outside of the blown tackle when Vick actually decided to pass. I'll cut them some slack on that one though, because I never saw it coming either.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #563 on: January 09, 2010, 11:25:58 PM

In a battle of two choketastic teams one had to win.

The Eagles are always dropping passes, fumbling snaps, and just generally playing like crap in big games. There are going to be more calls to drop McNabb after this but the team as a whole plays lousy in these big games. If it's not McNabb throwing balls in the dirt it's a receiver dropping a first down reception. At some point you have to blame the coach and the GM, because while individual players come and go it's always the same story.

Also J-E-T-S!

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #564 on: January 10, 2010, 12:52:59 AM

Both games pretty much sucked ass for the neutral spectator. The Eagles couldn't block for shit. Whenever McNabb dropped back he was constantly running for his fucking life. The defense wasn't much better, and they got screwed on some really ticky-tack interference calls. But mostly, they were outplayed.

I don't know how the Bengals even got to the playoffs. Palmer was horrible. Yeah, he had some guys drop passes but mostly, he was totally off his game, sailing balls high or missing the proper throw. The fact that they almost came back on the strength of Cedric Benson shows me this team was a pretender who took advantage of an off year by the Steelers. The Jets are going to get hammered by a good team.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #565 on: January 10, 2010, 06:18:05 AM

How bout dem Cowboys!

9 out of 10 dentists who hate the Cowboys blame the above sentence for their opinion.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #566 on: January 10, 2010, 07:29:31 AM

The Jets are going to get hammered by a good team.

I dunno. Two things the Jets are good at:

1)Pissing off their fans.
2)Pissing off the fans of better teams by pulling a surprising game out of their asses.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #567 on: January 10, 2010, 08:20:23 AM

I don't think the Jets are going to surprise Peyton.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #568 on: January 10, 2010, 08:25:52 AM

Still not sold on the 'Boys. And that touchdown pass by Vick was insane- the rest of the game, meh.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #569 on: January 10, 2010, 01:33:36 PM

I don't think the Jets are going to surprise Peyton.

Jets are playing the Chargers.

Because the Ravens are playing the Colts!   SUCK IT BRADY.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #570 on: January 10, 2010, 03:13:11 PM

Things are just continuing to line up right for the Chargers to take the AFC.

EDIT: Oh and Green Bay looks fucking terrible. None of these playoff games have been remotely close. Even the Jets game wasn't close given the score.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #571 on: January 10, 2010, 04:20:29 PM

EDIT: Oh and Green Bay looks fucking terrible. None of these playoff games have been remotely close. Even the Jets game wasn't close given the score.

Uhm....game is tied with 11mins left and the game isn't close?

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #572 on: January 10, 2010, 04:25:39 PM

GB was sucking the first half. They are doing better now.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #573 on: January 10, 2010, 04:54:42 PM

So I don't have a TV....'watching' the NFL flash live play by play.

Assumed it was over then saw a big flash of FIELD GOAL MISSED.

DRILLING AND MANLINESS

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #574 on: January 10, 2010, 04:56:59 PM

myp2p.eu

learn to "pirate" yarrrrr

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #575 on: January 10, 2010, 04:57:10 PM

He hooked it like Happy Gilmour before Apollo Creed died.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #576 on: January 10, 2010, 05:04:19 PM

That was a good game, at least compared to the rest of Wild Card Weekend. Cardinals knocked off what I thought was a great GB team. Saints will have their hands full.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #577 on: January 10, 2010, 05:09:07 PM

Heartbreak
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #578 on: January 10, 2010, 05:24:39 PM

I love that ESPN's "The Sports Guy" got all four picks wrong. For a guy called "the sports guy" he doesn't appear to know anything about any sport.

Anyway all four of the teams I thought would win won. Which is also the four teams I wanted to win. Happy to see the Patriots get thrashed, especially after the bullshit way the refs bailed them out of their previous game against the Ravens.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #579 on: January 10, 2010, 05:29:41 PM

Wow... GB battles all the way back then pleh? That was a hell of a game that almost didn't watch since it looked like a carbon copy of the pats/ravens.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #580 on: January 10, 2010, 08:36:06 PM

Kurt Warner is as good as anyone when he's on a roll. He was sure as hell on a roll today.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #581 on: January 10, 2010, 08:40:48 PM

Too bad their defense couldn't say the same thing. Luckily, Green Bay's defense was even more full of holes.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #582 on: January 10, 2010, 08:48:53 PM

Where the fuck did Green Bay's defense go? How many times can you throw the same fucking pass down the middle to the same fucking receiver and get burned on it before you figure out what you are doing wrong?

And still that game could have been won because of Aaron Rodgers. Unfortunately, it was also lost because of Rodgers. He doesn't quite get it yet. He holds onto the ball WAY TOO LONG and either gets creamed or has to throw a bad pass - which is exactly what happened on the first and last plays of the game. He thinks he has to be the one to win the game all by himself. That's going to take experience to get over. That and a better O-line. But really, that defense? They ought to be fucking ashamed. Not because Kurt Warner torched them, but because the Cardinals were able to run the ball so well, and because they tackled for shit.

But at least the game was more entertaining than all the other games this weekend combined.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #583 on: January 11, 2010, 03:33:15 AM

Nah, Jets v. Bengals was a good game.  Philly v. Dallas blew. Ravens v. NE was a shocker and in a good way.  Buh BYE Brady.  I hate the Ravens, but it's disgusting how much the league babies Brady.  Didn't see Cards v. GB, just the last play but wow!  Both teams have some serious firepower.  Rodgers is the real deal, he'll be back in the playoffs, great talent. 

So many great games coming.   Can't wait to see the Chargers in action, I don't see any West Coast teams play very much throughout the season.  But I'm glad the Pats are out, so tired of those fucks. 
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #584 on: January 11, 2010, 05:42:53 AM

Neither team had any defense whatsoever in the GB/AZ game. It got so bad, even Buck and Aikman were making fun of it.

Was awesome to watch Rodgers keep his cool and bring the team back into the competition. While I agree that he can tend to hold the ball too long, I don't fault him too much because the game really did rely on him. There wasn't enough time to get a running game going and they were always playing catch up with the score. I mean, you're trying to match Warner score for score while he's on fire. So, it wasn't surprising that it was Rodgers' mistake that also finished the game. You can only shoulder so much pressure and he had a lot. Played it well though. Impressed the shit out of me, anyways.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #585 on: January 11, 2010, 06:47:15 AM

I liked the slo-mo replay of Lewis rolling over Brady. Classy guy, didn't even mention how they got robbed by Brady-pampering and how good it felt to smash him in the face a few times.

Also, I'm pretty sure there was a face mask that caused that GB fumble to lose the game, surprised that didn't call the TD back. GB deserved that one, hell of a game and a comeback worthy of the ghost of you-know-whovre.

WTF Eagles, pwned.
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #586 on: January 11, 2010, 06:54:08 AM

Ya, that face mask and another call earlier that should have been offensive pass interference against Woodson were bullshit. But then again, those kind of calls happen in every game and officiating already eats up the clock as it is. Really, if GB's defense had been on the ball, those calls wouldn't have mattered, so... /shrug.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #587 on: January 11, 2010, 10:07:12 AM

Was awesome to watch Rodgers keep his cool and bring the team back into the competition. While I agree that he can tend to hold the ball too long, I don't fault him too much because the game really did rely on him.

Oh yeah, it's really just his lack of experience that causes it - I hope. He is a fantastic QB but the hardest lesson for really good QB's to learn is when to take an incompletion instead of a sack or an INT. I think part of it is the pressure he puts on himself to live up to the Favre Gunslinger legacy, and part of it is that mental thing that hasn't clicked yet. Of course, if he had an O-line worth a shit, it wouldn't matter so much.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #588 on: January 11, 2010, 10:36:36 AM

Of course, if he had an O-line worth a shit, it wouldn't matter so much.

An extra one second at NFL speed would make all the difference.  I have to confess that I wasn't a huge fan of Rogers, but this season made me a believer.  I really enjoy watching him play.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #589 on: January 11, 2010, 11:14:55 AM

I think he needs another year of a shitty O-Line and minus that one second, though. Give him that gift and he might end up holding it even longer when he shouldn't.

I'm kidding. Mostly.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #590 on: January 11, 2010, 11:20:56 AM

I'm kidding. Mostly.

Some truth to that, though I wish I had access to the full game films.  Two common problems that young QBs face coming to the NFL are a) staring down receivers too long and b) not recognizing coverage schemes quickly enough.  I don't have enough footage to know if Rogers is making bad choices on his checkdowns, not recognizing coverage packages, or just trying to force balls into tight places.   The college game moved so fast that I could barely keep up mentally.  I can't imagine how tough it is to QB in the NFL. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #591 on: January 11, 2010, 11:33:37 AM

I don't think he's making bad choices on checkdowns, I think he is trying to make plays and hasn't developed that internal OH SHIT clock yet.

WayAbvPar

Reply #592 on: January 11, 2010, 11:41:54 AM

Fuck Pete Carroll. This is going to be a fucking disaster. My only hope is an 0-16 season so they can draft Jake Locker.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #593 on: January 11, 2010, 12:28:21 PM

Also, I'm pretty sure there was a face mask that caused that GB fumble to lose the game, surprised that didn't call the TD back. GB deserved that one, hell of a game and a comeback worthy of the ghost of you-know-whovre.
Yes the front page image of that tackle on Si.com (gone now) showed part of his hand on the face mask though it didn't look like in that frame he was grabbing it.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #594 on: January 11, 2010, 12:32:28 PM

It would have sucked to have a game ender overturned because of that.  I think the ball had come out before the hand even hit the facemask.  Missing a wide open receiver on a go route lost the game more than that.

Shouldn't have gone to overtime anyhow.  Rackers looked like a nervous high schooler trying out for varsity on that field goal.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 12:33:59 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2009 NFL  
Jump to: