Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:51:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Iron Man 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Iron Man 2  (Read 77802 times)
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: December 17, 2009, 01:51:26 PM

Ehhh...just hire Ken Watanabe to be the Mandarin and play him as a smart but evil godfather type figure and you're good to go.

This movie looks good assuming it doesn't overload with supervillians. If Sherlock Holmes turns out to be good RDJ may become my new goto actor.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #36 on: December 17, 2009, 01:53:13 PM

There is so much silly or borderline racist baggage with the Mandarin

Just be glad the Avengers won't be facing the Yellow Claw.

Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: December 17, 2009, 03:56:32 PM

Fin Fan Foon? or whatever the space dragon was called would go over well with the public.

Fin Fang Foom will be appearing alongside Iron Man soon, and under the direction of Jon Favreau, but in print, not the big screen.
Favreau's currently on a haitus from writing Iron Man: Viva Las Vegas (with Adi Granov illustrating, he of Iron Man: Extremis/Iron Man movie concept design fame) while finishing up Iron Man 2.

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #38 on: December 17, 2009, 04:28:31 PM

Wow that's some awful art.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: December 18, 2009, 10:44:55 AM

The women all seem to have the same face.  It's like that's the only kind of female face the artist could draw or something and hair style and color is the only way to differentiate them.  And the face on the second female is just off... her whole head is off actually, or it seems to be.  Even accounting for the viewing angle and those bad bangs she's got, the top of her head is too small.

I like the technique of the art though, and the execution.  But that can't hide the problems I see with the drawing itself.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #40 on: December 18, 2009, 04:01:56 PM

Yeah that cover art is bad, I can't even watch this trailer though.  I fucking refuse to put quicktime on my computer and I'd hate to fuck with the delicate balance of my codecs by trying to shoehorn in something that reads .mov files.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: December 18, 2009, 04:45:18 PM

VLC player?
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #42 on: December 18, 2009, 04:48:00 PM

Think Yahoo's movie site has the trailer in Flash.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #43 on: December 20, 2009, 09:17:31 PM

Yeah that cover art is bad, I can't even watch this trailer though.  I fucking refuse to put quicktime on my computer and I'd hate to fuck with the delicate balance of my codecs by trying to shoehorn in something that reads .mov files.
wat

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #44 on: December 22, 2009, 11:18:44 AM

If I can't download the true 1080p version I might as well not spoil it.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #45 on: March 07, 2010, 11:38:33 PM

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: March 07, 2010, 11:47:26 PM

That shit is sweet.  I can't wait for this movie.   awesome, for real
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #47 on: March 07, 2010, 11:55:35 PM

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #48 on: March 07, 2010, 11:56:12 PM

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: March 08, 2010, 03:41:13 AM

Oh man, looks great.  Gary Shandling as a senator too.   Portable suit though? Hmm
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: March 08, 2010, 04:27:19 AM

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: March 08, 2010, 06:10:21 AM

awesome, for real

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: March 08, 2010, 08:38:38 AM

I was wondering how they intended him to survive that Race Track scene.

Want now, give please.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: March 08, 2010, 01:23:53 PM

Where can one purchase one of those briefcases that turn into a red and white exosuit ?

I demand one.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: March 08, 2010, 08:04:35 PM

Portable suit though? Hmm

Not a new idea though. I have back issues from '79 showing the suitcase.

(maybe it was just that one- been a while)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 08:09:34 PM by stu »

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: March 08, 2010, 08:16:30 PM

It's weird, I can't see pictures of stark and NOT think robert downey now.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: March 08, 2010, 09:10:28 PM

The Iron Man suit in the briefcase has been around for a long time.  I think it's pretty awesome myself, although i kind of wish they hadn't of shown it in the trailer.
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: March 09, 2010, 01:16:22 AM

Where can one purchase one of those briefcases that turn into a red and white exosuit ?

I demand one.

This leads me to wonder just how rough your business meetings get...

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: March 09, 2010, 03:34:32 AM

Oh I forgot about the briefcase.  Some IM fan I am!  Movie version bothers me a bit, as the suit that comes out is bigger than the briefcase itself.  Yes, I know this is science fantasy, but it's always the little things that bug me, not the millionaire flying around in a powersuit.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: March 09, 2010, 07:52:56 AM

I think they handled it rather well, seeing as how the suitcase suit seems to be Ironman Lite and is constructed of hundreds of small foldaway overlapping plates.

UnSub
Contributor

Reply #60 on: March 10, 2010, 06:38:03 AM

I demand one.

This leads me to wonder just how rough your business meetings get...

I can't think of a single meeting that having such a suitcase wouldn't make better.

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: March 11, 2010, 01:44:22 AM

I think they handled it rather well, seeing as how the suitcase suit seems to be Ironman Lite and is constructed of hundreds of small foldaway overlapping plates.
Yeah, the great thing about iron man and the "portable-quick-suit" thing is they can skip 90% of the bulk commonly associated with a sci-fi power armor suit due to the "uber tech gimmik" that is the power core imbedded in his chest.   I mean, hell, with stark's level of technology, I am surprised he doesent just wear a metal cloth-mesh suit that becomes nearly bulletproof when "enegrised" by his personal reactor.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #62 on: March 11, 2010, 07:57:20 AM

In the comics, he recently had a thing where the suit's essentially became him, and the external armor was protection and padding - all the important bits were a part of his body.

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: March 11, 2010, 11:58:00 AM

Besides one security guard with a gun nailing Whiplash out of range of his attacks?

Oh, that'd never work. I forgot about movie / comic book logic and the rule of cool.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: March 11, 2010, 12:19:50 PM

In the comics, he recently had a thing where the suit's essentially became him, and the external armor was protection and padding - all the important bits were a part of his body.

Extremis, which went away along with Tony's brain, which has now been rebooted to before he was in charge of SHIELD and responsible for Cap being arrested and then assassinated. Man I can't wait for this movie so I can have my memories of comicbook stuff erased in favour of RDJ.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: March 11, 2010, 10:17:04 PM

Besides one security guard with a gun nailing Whiplash out of range of his attacks?

Oh, that'd never work. I forgot about movie / comic book logic and the rule of cool.

I'm fairly certain Whiplash didn't give a fuck about living or dying, as long as he killed Stark first. Have to wait for the movie to be certain though.

Besides the general "Who wants to be a cop/security guard in a world full of super villains?" thing.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 10:19:19 PM by Ratman_tf »

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: March 12, 2010, 08:25:08 AM

Everyone knows the guards would just shoot the air around the bad guy until they ran out of bullets!

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: March 12, 2010, 02:30:40 PM

Comic Book Security Guards:  Where all the Storm Troopers went when the Death Star Blew Up.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: March 12, 2010, 02:38:34 PM

If we want to go into full geek detail, just how many security guards would there be at an F-1 race? Also would they even 'have' guns?  All these things aside I am going to say the events at the track from whiplash showing up to donning the iron man suit probably take place in the span of ten minutes real time.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #69 on: March 12, 2010, 03:04:19 PM

If we want to go into full geek detail, just how many security guards would there be at an F-1 race? Also would they even 'have' guns?  All these things aside I am going to say the events at the track from whiplash showing up to donning the iron man suit probably take place in the span of ten minutes real time.
1.)  Its a major event, there would be plenty of security guards around.

2.)  This is America, everybody is packing.  Even the security guards walking around at the horse race track I went to last weekend were all armed.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Iron Man 2  
Jump to: