Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:45:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: World of Warcraft 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 92232 times)
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #350 on: August 19, 2016, 01:08:17 PM

https://youtu.be/DgZdlGZ2_TQ

Deleted scene in which the orcs, including some that didn't even get another speaking part in the film (like Grom. Yeah, that Grom), talking more about Fel magic and shit.

I mean, if they're going to cut stuff that actually helps people understand WTF stuff is/going on, regardless of complexity, why even bother with the film?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #351 on: November 04, 2016, 09:47:46 PM

Finally saw this. Very terrible. I saw it on the same day Uwe Boll announced he's not making movies anymore or whatever. Which is a nice coincidence. Except for the SFX, this felt like the same one-dimensional slapped-together stuff he did.

And it wasn't because it was confusing. This was a very simple story, grade level shit. Blizzard always gets a pass because they do awesome games and spend a lot of time on nice cutscenes. But this movie highlighs once again the same sensibility cannot be applied to feature length.

It was almost as bad as Avatar, except at least it wasn't totally ripping off three movies and existing entirely as a tech demo.

The thing I hated the most was how young everyone was. It's like they picked the cast of the OC, just to appeal to the millenials or some shit. This was followed closely by how clean everything was. And the usual dodge of making sure the humans gave deadpan delivery so the CGI characters looked animated.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #352 on: November 06, 2016, 11:00:22 PM

Yeah, I just saw this too, but I found it okay. I rented it on demand, and I didn't regret it. I like Duncan Jones' other stuff and I could see his stamp on it, but Warcraft lore is poor material to work with, so there wasn't really a need for the movie. I'd watch a sequel on demand too, though.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: World of Warcraft  
Jump to: