Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:09:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Blizzard adds furries. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blizzard adds furries.  (Read 89273 times)
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: July 18, 2009, 08:20:54 AM

Out of interest, how do goblin paladins make any sense under lorelol?

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: July 18, 2009, 08:26:05 AM

The same sense space goats are shaman.
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #37 on: July 18, 2009, 08:42:05 AM

Goblin Pallies?  Really? (fake edit: beaten by K9)

I don't think they'd make worgen druids, because then there would be an imbalance: 2 alliance druid races, only one horde. I don't see goblin druids.  However making them shamans would go toward addressing the current imbalance.

My guesses would be:

Worgen: Shaman, DK, Rogue, Hunter, Warlock, Mage

Goblin: DK, Warrior, Rogue, Mage, Warlock, Priest

Any ideas about racials? I'd guess worgen could transform to wolves and run faster or something.  Goblins would have to have something regarding commerce.

Witty banter not included.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: July 18, 2009, 09:00:24 AM

If they did this, I'd have a conundrum as I'm not sure which I would want to play more.  Also making Goblins Horde-only would have interesting effects upon our guild.

I bet they'll make them look, dare I say it..  foxy!  why so serious?
/highfiveforbadhumor

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Drubear
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: July 18, 2009, 09:31:05 AM

There's an idea over on MMO-Champ to allow you to level to 20 (say) neutral in your starting zone, then choose Alliance or Horde when you exited.

This way, you could allow Worgen Druids on either side, or allow Goblins to either.
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: July 18, 2009, 09:37:35 AM

I want to be a goblin.  Bad.

AKA Gyoza
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: July 18, 2009, 09:47:34 AM

I hate to say it, but if they DO make Worgen an alliance race, chances are, they might be able to be Druids.

What makes you say that?  They don't seem particularly druidic to me... aside from having fur and wearing loincloths, I guess.  The thing about druids is that if Blizzard ever allows another race to be them, they have to do an additional five character models for the forms, and that seems to me like something they'd balance across the factions (which implies Goblin Druids, which doesn't seem like it would work to me).

Are you kidding? They need to be able to transform into bears, kitties, and large tentacle-cock monsters.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: July 18, 2009, 10:11:38 AM

I want to be a goblin.  Bad.

Srsly, that is the ONLY reason I would come back to WoW now, is to be a frickin gremlin.

Also, the neutral "up to a certain point then choose your faction" thing would be kinda cool for goblins.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #43 on: July 18, 2009, 10:56:47 AM

Pointless speculation, yay! It wouldn't totally surprise me since nothing plotwise will really grab people in the next expansion since they decided to blow their wad with Arthas in expansion #2. If you don't have a setting or a big badguy -everyone- wants to kill, a new race or class would work pretty good for getting some resubs for a while.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: July 18, 2009, 11:10:01 AM

More baseless speculation ftw.  If they do the pick a faction dealie, which would be pretty cool, how might they handle cross faction communication?  Making you forget how to talk to your mother, father, brother, sister, whathaveyou for just about reason would be a serious piece of lolore.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: July 18, 2009, 11:13:25 AM

Cross faction communication is one of the few remaining gameplay elements that makes zero sense. There are a host of cross-faction quest givers and NPCs who seem to be perfectly able to speak cross-faction, not to mention faction leaders and bosses. It requires some significant cognitive dissonance to play the game and accept that the inability to communicate is in anyway realistic or sensible.

Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: July 18, 2009, 11:15:45 AM

There's at least one more Old God, Azshara, plus the Emerald Nightmare to deal with, although all of that could be cleaned up in one expansion.  Not to mention Blizzard reps have said in the past that Sargeras might make another appearance.
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #47 on: July 18, 2009, 11:28:56 AM

Goblins will do anything if the price is right..?
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #48 on: July 18, 2009, 12:24:32 PM

There's at least one more Old God, Azshara, plus the Emerald Nightmare to deal with, although all of that could be cleaned up in one expansion.  Not to mention Blizzard reps have said in the past that Sargeras might make another appearance.

Azshara isn't an old god.  She was a night elf queen that let the Burning Legion in the first time.

Really I think they can pull any old god out of their ass.  There isn't a final catalog of them anywhere that I know of.

Regarding choosing a faction at 20 - I doubt it will happen. Blizzard said somewhere that it would be a bad idea for friend or foe identification.

Witty banter not included.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: July 18, 2009, 01:06:37 PM

Azshara isn't an old god.  She was a night elf the Highborn queen that let the Burning Legion in the first time.

The Highborn who didn't end up Naga became High Elves.  The non-noble Elves became the Night Elves.  Azshara is supposedly more powerful than the Lich King, possibly the most powerful being currently on Azeroth, so it makes sense she'd be in a later expansion.

Over and out.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: July 18, 2009, 01:11:14 PM

I believe there's only 5 old gods. 1 dead(in darkshore) and four imprisioned. so minus c'thun and yogg saron you still have two more to contend with. 

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: July 18, 2009, 01:20:28 PM

As someone astutely observed, C'thun is basically an eye, and Yogg Saron is more or less all mouth. So the next two Old Gods are probably going to be an ear and a nose respectively.

raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: July 18, 2009, 01:39:40 PM

I still want Panderans.  Sad Panda

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #53 on: July 18, 2009, 01:45:10 PM

Goblins will do anything if the price is right..?

It makes a shit ton more sense than Blood Elf Pallies harvesting energy from one of the Naru.

Also, it's called Lorelol for a reason.  I expect it to happen under the most roflostomplorelol of conditions just to expand the options of the Shaman/ Pally class on each side.  In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if there was no explanation given, just "hey, gobbos can be pallies."  

I know.. the Goblins bought a share of power  off of the Blood Elves.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: July 18, 2009, 02:31:22 PM

Funny enough the blood elves don't have that naruu anymore.  If you beat kil'jaeden you see that the blood elves released it and gave it to the aldor.  it then proceeds to sacrifice itself to re-ignite the sunwell.  Supposedly the only reason belfs were able to use the light was the naruu let them, even though they thought they were stealing it.  So belf paladins are relatively good guys now thanks to the sunwell storyline, redemption blah blah blah.

It's all ret-conning sure but at least they wrapped it up.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #55 on: July 18, 2009, 02:43:35 PM

Cross faction communication is one of the few remaining gameplay elements that makes zero sense. There are a host of cross-faction quest givers and NPCs who seem to be perfectly able to speak cross-faction, not to mention faction leaders and bosses. It requires some significant cognitive dissonance to play the game and accept that the inability to communicate is in anyway realistic or sensible.

Oh my God, yes. It drives me CRAZY.

God Save the Horn Players
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: July 18, 2009, 04:09:03 PM

I have no idea why you would want to talk to WoW players of the other faction. Talking to your own is painful enough.
dusematic
Terracotta Army

Diablo 3's Number One Fan

Reply #57 on: July 18, 2009, 05:41:56 PM

Seriously.  Not allowing cross-faction communication was one of the smartest design decisions.  In some cases, it does suck.  But most people who have friends that play will play on the same side.  You already see the absolute worst in people in WoW and the internet in general, it would be a horrible idea to open the floodgates altogether.  A perfect example is how people take the time to reverse engineer the "language" to be able to macro "L O L N EW B ! 11" every 4 seconds in BG's.  More of that would be a bad thing.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: July 18, 2009, 06:00:06 PM

Not only that but it was removed SPECIFICALLY because they saw it in action with Undead-Human in beta. Christ, it's one thing when a game with 1000 people per server can talk shit to you about teabagging your mom. Try 6k per server.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: July 18, 2009, 06:26:39 PM

Just imagine Barrens chat 24/7 server wide.  ACK!
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: July 18, 2009, 06:40:37 PM

There's an idea over on MMO-Champ to allow you to level to 20 (say) neutral in your starting zone, then choose Alliance or Horde when you exited.

This way, you could allow Worgen Druids on either side, or allow Goblins to either.
I'm pretty sure Blizzard have said that they want the TF2 "identifiable by silhouette" thing to work in WoW as well, so the neutrality thing doesn't seem likely.
Anyway, the goblins will turn out to be from some_cartel_that_isn't_Steamwheedle and will swear undying* allegiance to the Horde in return for giant angry green men stomping on naga invaders from suddenly-surfaced Nazjatar or somesuch.

*Where undying means "until we get a better offer". Void where prohibited. The value of their loyalty may go down as well as up. Slippery when wet. Take two potions and call your shaman in the morning. Satisfaction is not guaranteed. No refunds. Time is money, friend.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: July 18, 2009, 07:04:14 PM

Goblins will end up with the same classes gnomes get to use. If they want another Paladin race for horde, they'll let the Undead reclaim the light or something once Arthas is dead. Or, they'll expand that little bit of lore about that Tauren Druid discovering the 'Path of the Sun' and it turns out to be the light  awesome, for real

Worgen will depend on if they go the "used to be humans but transformed" route or the "Sent by Elune from <wherever> to help us" route.

If it's the first one, they could just shove any random collection of classes really. Half clinging onto their old human roots, the other half being in touch with their new Worgen aspect.

If it's the second one, they may actually be the third druid race. War/Rog/Hun/Dru/Sha/Pri and maybe even no Worgen DKs. The new druid art forms might actually be coming about because they were also working on them for Worgen.

Either way, I fully expect them to be the "Noble Savage" race the alliance is lacking.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: July 18, 2009, 08:22:21 PM

They might even just be something like a new racial hero class; like Goblin Tinkerer and Worgen, uhm, Crime Dog or something.  Gilneas being the doggie equivalent of New Hearthglen/Acherus.  After the introduction of the Death Knights, I'd say that Blizzard is cognizant that not everyone wants to start at level one every time they roll an expansion out (Stranglethorn AGAIN), and a lot of the old content is embarassingly bad.  Plus, a lot of the "hero classes" from Warcraft III would be weird if they were splashed among all the playable races the way DKs were.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: July 18, 2009, 08:24:08 PM

I would give my left nut for a Goblin Engineer type class.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: July 18, 2009, 08:24:51 PM

I would be surprised if they put in another class so "soon". DK's totally fucked everything up pretty much and while hugely popular with the droves of people who rolled them up, they are as equally unpopular with everyone ELSE.

Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: July 18, 2009, 08:29:24 PM

while hugely popular with the droves of people who rolled them up, they are as equally unpopular with everyone ELSE.

Kind of like Blood Elves?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #66 on: July 18, 2009, 08:30:18 PM

Kind of, but even the Devs think it was a mistake, unlike the BEs. 

Read the GC interview on DKs.  There's little to no chance of them ever adding another class to the game, because it's fucked balance so hard in the dev's eyes.  All the 'roles' were filled with the original classes, and they realized what a nightmare they unleashed with the DK. In trying to force them as a viable hybrid of two distinct roles in all specs AND give them unique abilities so you'd want one on raids, they realize they broke their game badly.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: July 18, 2009, 08:40:25 PM

Even people who "hate" BE's love to hate them, the way people love to hate NYC.

People just hate DK's, the end.

I think we'll eventually get a new class again, but like, they'll put it in after they make all the current class/specs not suck. It wouldn't have been bad at all if DK's weren't the Lords of Everything they do.

You can pretty much take any class ability, then compare it to the DK analogue and objectively say the DK version is flat out superior in almost every instance.

ps. is analogue the word I'm looking for in that sentence?

ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: July 18, 2009, 09:26:15 PM

It helps that DK is generally a lot more fun to play than other classes, and that it starts at 55.  A lot of people want alts but can't stand the fucking hateful grind that the game is in old world.  The moment blizzard let's go of their hubris and actually lets the other classes start at 55 when making a new character, I promise that representation will shift away from being so heavily dominated by death knights.
dusematic
Terracotta Army

Diablo 3's Number One Fan

Reply #69 on: July 18, 2009, 10:08:09 PM

DK was actually a really good fucking idea.  With all the DK's floating about, they erased the huge problem of finding a tank.  Finding a tank for a PUG (which is how most casuals operate) was a huge dagger for years.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Blizzard adds furries.  
Jump to: