Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:07:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Blizzard adds furries. 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blizzard adds furries.  (Read 89271 times)
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

on: July 17, 2009, 04:01:03 PM

News masks for this halloween.  A sign of random masks added or an indicator of two new races...

If the masks were random, why make a female worgen at all?

Also, if we're to assume horde gets goblins, then alliance gets badass worgen?

FFFFFFFFFFF UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 04:02:28 PM

I'd rather have goblins.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 04:08:37 PM

Blizzard is spying on me if they are putting Goblins in as a playable race. Would mean they really want my sub money back.

Which I still doubt they would do unless they have them be faction-neutral.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 04:14:03 PM

Faction-neutral would suit both races and be very interesting but I'm not sure.  They'll probably be goblin-horde worgen-alliance.

Goblin racial "I got what you need" 10% more gold from monsters.
^ Would be awesome.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 04:15:11 PM

I'd rather have goblins.

Fuck yes. They can keep their stupid yiffified wolf ladies.

God Save the Horn Players
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 04:27:56 PM

If the masks were random, why make a female worgen at all?
Because if they didn't, there'd be players bitching about not having female mask to go with their female character body..?
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 04:37:59 PM

shark.  jumped.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: July 17, 2009, 04:51:42 PM

Worgen  why so serious?

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: July 17, 2009, 05:27:15 PM

Worgen, meh. I want my furbolg.

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: July 17, 2009, 05:55:09 PM

Ogre.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 06:10:07 PM

Worgen, meh. I want my furbolg.

I don't, only because they'll make the female ones "hot" and make me stabby. There are already lady furbolgs, but they look the same as gentleman furbolgs, and God Forbid that stay as-is.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #11 on: July 17, 2009, 06:11:08 PM

If they stayed as-is how would they model their bikini armor?  C'mon now, priorities!

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: July 17, 2009, 06:26:26 PM

Maybe Blizzard is just trolling us all.

We can always hope!

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #13 on: July 17, 2009, 06:27:33 PM

That was my first thought.. but No, they're just not that creative and cocky anymore. 

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: July 17, 2009, 06:34:58 PM

shark.  jumped.

This was said about the space goats as well.  Personally, I'll probably reroll goblin....but what class? Goblin pally, of course.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: July 17, 2009, 06:41:18 PM

I dunno, there was the whole TWO JORMUGATANS thing that people bought into then "plus everyones favorite undead buglord" snuck in.

So it could be a trick!

I could also see them going in, quite easily.

The nation of Gilneas locked their gate not to abandon the alliance(because no player race is REALLY bad, it's because <something> made them do it  why so serious? ), but hide their terrible secret plague/transformation and protect the rest of the alliance from Gilneas. Now the people of Gilneas have come to terms with their transformation and have regained some of their lost civility and seek to renew ties to the Alliance because <blah> is happening and they need our help or it will destroy the world.

Or they could continue the Scythe of Elune arc.

The savage but noble Worgen why so serious? ), heeded Elunes call and came forth to Azeroth to defend Elune's chosen peoples, but some evil took the Scythe and corrupted the Worgen. Now as one of the few uncorrupted Worgen on Azeroth, your mission is to retrieve the Scythe and purify it, freeing your people from corruption so that they may fight along side the Kaledori and their allies.

Shit, that could be their starting area, similar to the DK zone. You deliver the Scythe to Tyrande at the temple of the moon and she accepts you as allies.

The Alliance could use a real 'bestial' race though, in appearance AND culture. Once you get over the goat legs on Draenei, they are pretty much just 'normal' people with accents as far as the Alliance is concerned. Devouted followers of the Light, Great reverence for the natural world, same base values.

Crazy wolf people though? That would stir things up.

I would just have to never use the Tram again. Ever.

Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: July 17, 2009, 07:06:54 PM

I could also see them going in, quite easily.

Thing is, there's two types of Worgen.  One is a result of being cursed by Arugal; these are the ones in Silverpine.  But I don't see them starting out in Gilneas; that would A: put them right next to the Undercity, B: not make much sense from a lore point of view (Arugal didn't go to Silverpine until after Gilneas closed it's gates) and C: they can transform into humans, which would be cool, but seems like something Blizzard wouldn't implement in a player race.

The other type are from another dimension, and basically pure evil "we live for the suffering of small babies" type rampaging monsters.  They have no cities or buildings of any kind yet; I have no idea where their capital would be (linked to the Outlands, maybe?), and in any event, making them palatable for an Alliance race would require them to pull another "Space Goat" level lore rewrite.

Edit: although, looking through the Wiki, there has been some rumbling about Gilneas recently; Metzen saying in February that they have plans in mind for the area, and in 3.1 the boat from Menethil to Theramore has been changed so it doesn't go by Gilneas anymore.  Hmm.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 07:34:25 PM by Kail »
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #17 on: July 17, 2009, 07:26:31 PM

What this game needs is a Richard Garriott mask.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: July 17, 2009, 07:32:39 PM

Keep the gate close and ship them to Menethil once they hit 20.

Argugal derived his work from a previous mages research, are we to assume he's the only one who had access? Maybe some wacky Gilneas mage, desperate to protect his people summoned/transformed them. Maybe Argual did it himself before his demise, in a attempt to increase his power and influence. Maybe it's a scourge remnant that was planning on using the Gilneas population somehow.

They can't transform back to humans because the curse grew in power, or mutated, or some other force saturated them with Worgen energy.

The Extra-Dimensional Worgen are fighting something called "Lords of the Emerald Flame", which is probably our friends the Burning Legion, so obviously their long battle against the legion has corrupted them and made them vicious and col. Or the "Lords of the Emerald Flame" could also refer to the Nightmare in the Emerald Dream, and the Worgen are somehow battling whatever that force is. Clearly the the Scythe of Elune was a sign that the Elves should help them regain their sanity or whatever. The Worgen redeem themselves by <blah> and sign on with the people who helped them.

None of it is any different then the Orcs going from "rawr bloodlust kill" to "Noble Warrior Race" in my mind.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #19 on: July 17, 2009, 07:35:24 PM

MMO-Champion mentions that several of the Emerald Dream placeholder files have had settings fiddled with.. so I'd go with the Scythe of Elune theory.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: July 17, 2009, 07:41:08 PM

So alliance gets furries and horde gets shrek and fiona?

I am the .00000001428%
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: July 17, 2009, 07:45:28 PM

Keep in mind those are the Halloween Event masks, so they end up being super distorted.

But Yes.

-edit- http://www.wowhead.com/?search=Flimsy said masks.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 07:53:25 PM by Fordel »

Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: July 17, 2009, 09:42:06 PM

shark.  jumped.

This was said about the space goats as well.  Personally, I'll probably reroll goblin....but what class? Goblin pally, of course.

Yeah, but it's for real this time. If they add furry races, seriously.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: July 17, 2009, 10:07:03 PM

They added furries on opening day, lest we forget the tauren.  To me though this is a good direction at least from a business standpoint since both these races were widely requested.  It's not like they're adding something random like EQ2 and pixies.  Adding something like a murloc race would be out of left field and just be shark jumping.  To me this isn't so much a shark jump as a simpsons "even the kitchen sink" type deal.  The game has just been around so long, there's not much else TO do.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: July 17, 2009, 10:13:59 PM

It's shark jumping if they're hot.

The Tauren's aren't trying to be sexy or anything, they aren't hideous either, they're just Tauren for the most part.

The Worgen, they are going to tart up the females and it is going to be  ACK!

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: July 17, 2009, 10:19:50 PM

I have to say it'd be awesome if they just made the females slimmer and smaller with no discernable anatomy I.E boobs.  Goblins however...you're going to see lots of goblins in bikinis.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #26 on: July 17, 2009, 10:39:54 PM

Yeah, if they were just more feminine looking without being, for lack of a better word, yiffy, I don't care if they add worgen or not. The tauren are a pretty good example, they're obviously female and cute (I'm sure some people think they're hot, but they don't seem designed as fap material like the lady draenei were). If it's something along those lines, woo! But the fuckin' eye shadow on the female worgen mask does not make me optimistic.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 11:18:10 PM by Sjofn »

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: July 17, 2009, 10:49:29 PM

I bet they'll make them look, dare I say it..  foxy!  why so serious?

Over and out.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: July 17, 2009, 10:57:59 PM

Flag on the field!

5 yards.

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: July 18, 2009, 01:34:20 AM

Someone please give me hope that the goblins could be Alliance.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #30 on: July 18, 2009, 01:36:22 AM

Doesn't make sense to have Goblins and Dwarves on the same side.

How was that? why so serious?
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: July 18, 2009, 02:12:43 AM

I hate to say it, but if they DO make Worgen an alliance race, chances are, they might be able to be Druids.  And if that is true, there is about a 99% chance i may transfer my Tauren Druid into an Alliance Worgen Druid.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: July 18, 2009, 04:15:57 AM

I hate to say it, but if they DO make Worgen an alliance race, chances are, they might be able to be Druids.

What makes you say that?  They don't seem particularly druidic to me... aside from having fur and wearing loincloths, I guess.  The thing about druids is that if Blizzard ever allows another race to be them, they have to do an additional five character models for the forms, and that seems to me like something they'd balance across the factions (which implies Goblin Druids, which doesn't seem like it would work to me).
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: July 18, 2009, 04:58:17 AM

Silverpine is one of my favorite zones in the game.  I love the Arugal lore, the worgen, SFK, and have liked Gilneas since WC 2.  So I'm pretty pumped about all this gossip!  OTOH, playable goblins would also be very cool.  I wish Horde would have had them at game start instead of the stupid-ass trolls.

But yeah, Gilneas is a perfect starting area for worgen.  They can graduate to 20 there and then move over to Hillsbrad and Southshore.  Drag and drop.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #34 on: July 18, 2009, 07:07:04 AM

My Guesses:

Worgen classes: DK, War, Rogue, Shaman, Priest, Hunter - Possibly Mage

Goblin Classes: DK, War, Rogue, Pally, Mage, Hunter - Possibly Warlock

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Blizzard adds furries.  
Jump to: