Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:04:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Wiccana - Bat Country Carebear Edition (Roster updated on 7/14) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wiccana - Bat Country Carebear Edition (Roster updated on 7/14)  (Read 69502 times)
gimpyone
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: July 11, 2009, 05:41:33 AM

Not that I want to intrude on your pveness, but is it possible any of you might roll alts on Agony?  It's rather empty and I can count the number times I've been ganked outside of Tortage on one hand.
STOP BEING PUSSIES Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 05:43:52 AM by gimpyone »
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: July 11, 2009, 07:25:59 AM

Since my slots are full and I've got five or six 30+ characters on Wiccana, no.  My play time is already pretty low.  I'd rather not do the 1-30 and quit routine again.  Time for new areas when I can play.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #37 on: July 11, 2009, 12:56:52 PM

is it possible any of you might roll alts on Agony?
No.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #38 on: July 11, 2009, 03:24:14 PM

Okay, this is getting boring again pretty quickly..... awesome, for real
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: July 11, 2009, 04:31:35 PM

I like it more than LotRO for initial appeal, but the game is extremely bland.  The more I play, the more I want to reactivate my EQ2 account. 

I've got a demonologist and Bear shaman so far.  Maybe I need to look at melee.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: July 11, 2009, 05:09:27 PM

Melee is what is really different about the game, combat-wise.  Even if you don't enjoy it, you should certainly at least try it.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #41 on: July 11, 2009, 05:30:03 PM

I like it more than LotRO for initial appeal, but the game is extremely bland.  The more I play, the more I want to reactivate my EQ2 account. 

I may do some LOTRO again.  I have the lifetime account.  I never could get into EQ2.  Does it get better past level 12-15 or so?
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: July 11, 2009, 05:31:49 PM

Since my slots are full and I've got five or six 30+ characters on Wiccana, no.  My play time is already pretty low.  I'd rather not do the 1-30 and quit routine again.  Time for new areas when I can play.

Same here.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: July 11, 2009, 09:57:05 PM

I'm having fun playing my Conqueror, but it does feel very cheap compared to EQ2, I miss a lot of the polish.

But I'm digging the spirit of the thing, I've read the Conan comics and later the Howard stories since I was a kid. So the atmosphere is nice, and playing a big Celtic hairy guy wading into hordes of enemies swinging a giant slab of steel is definitely working for me so far.

Long term, who knows. Rattran and schild blew my mind with the crafting and city crap I hadn't even thought about...to be honest it's part of why I like EQ2, I already know most of the quirks and systems. I'll probably hit up Norrath this winter, but for now I can see chilling in Hyboria.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #44 on: July 12, 2009, 12:59:11 AM

Thanks to Sky, I now have 3 toons in Batcountry. My 50 ranger, Nalas, my 35 Dark Templar Tinnax and my 18 Guardian Hekktor (formerly Engels).

I'm hoping that I can get some help with Wild Lands pre-Sanctum quest, cuz this cursed scroll thing is annoying me with the constant minion spawn every 15 minutes. I'm not quite high enough to get to the hand in at the far end of the zone.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Redgiant
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: July 12, 2009, 03:11:11 AM

Dionydis is now a 28 PoM, and I know practically nothing about AoC in terms of dungeons, expectations on gear at level, etc.

Is there some particular place(s) I should be trying to get groups in that I can't solo? I've been doing Khopshef quests lately, and I have a few blues and lesser stuff but I don't have too much trouble with 2-3 same levels, maybe 4 with all my self hots on and Repulse.

Also, my +magic dmg is around 100 across the board. Seems okay for solo questing so far, no idea about dungeons or groups since I have never even grouped yet in the game.

I'm still not even sure *how* a PoM heals others very well, sicne the only thing I can do to them is a small hot and that Radiance 300 or so point heal (that you cannot recast on them for 1 minute).

Am I completely missing a skill tree or something that lets yuou heal in a more varied way for grouping?

A FUCKING COMPANY IS AT STEAK
gimpyone
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: July 12, 2009, 04:59:33 AM

As a PoM, you get emenation of life and wave of healing.  The first one is a group wide heal while wave is cone based, meaning that only those in a 120 degree area in front of you will be hit by it.  I think most PVE PoMs spec divinity for lance of mitra and for the healing, etc.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: July 12, 2009, 09:20:39 AM

You'll want Lance of Mitra.  I run in a Dark Templar/Priest of Mitra duo and the Lance is just awesome.

Redgiant
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: July 13, 2009, 03:04:22 PM

Interesting, so a PoM heals mainly by dueling heal vs. damage scrolling combat text.

There is a burst heal, but it isn't meant as a constant reliance. You basically HoT the crap out of someone to counter the DPS in realtime, and kd/disarm where possible to give HoTs some catch up time.

It's the prevention/counter vs. cure model. Definitely more prediction and attention needed, which does seem more involving and fun to me so far.

I went into Black Castle last night with some folks, after doing some group quests in Yrmish country. Hence the source of my observations above.

Does that sum it up accurately?

Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #49 on: July 13, 2009, 05:12:31 PM

Yah, since all you really have to cast are the hots, and must save the big heal for when it's really needed, you can fool around the rest of the time. Really liked this model.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: July 14, 2009, 08:38:30 AM

Updated my graphics drivers and cranked the graphics back up and was able to play with max graphics for a couple hours last night. Nice view distance, ran pretty good, a couple dips to 30fps. Cool to stand on the edge of Conall Valley and see players running along the far side, without making everything samey and primitive like Planetside had to.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #51 on: July 14, 2009, 09:20:51 AM

I am having massive PvP at work IRL.  Dropped the sub, not even sure if I will have time for  NDA.

Fucking gaming is out the window for a bit.  If this takes off and someone wants the code for posting a roster let me know.  Huzzah!   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: July 14, 2009, 10:59:12 AM

When I log in I search for the guild "Bat Country".  I have never seen it, so I assume that's because I'm never online at the same time that someone who is guild tagged is on.  Is my thinking correct?
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: July 14, 2009, 12:01:13 PM

I'm usually on around 11pm EST.
Redgiant
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: July 14, 2009, 03:01:45 PM

I am on most evenings 8-11pm PST as Dionydis, 35-ish PoM.

Breas added me to BC last night.

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #55 on: July 15, 2009, 08:45:36 AM

I'm on most nights, either as Tinnax, Nalas or Hekktor. One of my toons has invite privs, so send me a tell. If you're not a regular poster of f13, please leave a post here for name verification.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: July 15, 2009, 09:29:34 AM

They fixed the bug where you need to be next to the officer to promote, so everyone should have invite rights as we get to them.

I still don't know shit about guild structure, crafting, our city, etc :) I only know how to drench the sands with the blood of my enemies with my yard of steel.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: July 15, 2009, 01:57:37 PM

Fatalities - cool, but what is the deal when I'm locked into a long fatality while in multiple combat? I wipe out the first mob, the fatality plays out but I can't swing at the other two mobs while they're beating on me?
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #58 on: July 15, 2009, 02:59:59 PM

I think so.

Also, last night I saw the first NPC get a fatality... on me. It was aswome to see myself be decapitated.

Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #59 on: July 15, 2009, 03:03:06 PM

Fatalities - cool, but what is the deal when I'm locked into a long fatality while in multiple combat? I wipe out the first mob, the fatality plays out but I can't swing at the other two mobs while they're beating on me?
You take no damage while locked in a fatality.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Redgiant
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: July 17, 2009, 01:46:56 PM

Is a Fatality sort of like LOTRO's FMs (Fellowship Manuevers)?

Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #61 on: July 17, 2009, 01:51:02 PM

Is a Fatality sort of like LOTRO's FMs (Fellowship Manuevers)?

No.

When you hit a mob or player with a special ability that does enough damage to kill them, you have a % chance of triggering a fatality move as a death blow. This could be cutting their head off, of blowing them up with a spell. You are then granted a short buff (like 10 seconds) of increased health, stamina and mana regen.
Falwell
Terracotta Army

Ghetto Gear Solid: Raiden

Reply #62 on: July 18, 2009, 06:00:45 PM

If one of you invite types see me on toss Falwell an invite. I'll try and flag one of you fuckers down when I see ya.

Redgiant
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: July 25, 2009, 01:38:10 PM

Dionydis, 51 PoM

In Eiglophan Mtns atm doing a lot of mountain climbing.

I like the visuals, combat, general gameplay.

I'm still not sold on exactly what the end game is supposed to be like. Unlike DAoC, I am not "itching" to, say, build up a guild town, attack anything in particular, or even know who/what I should be "hating".

I always end up falling off of PvP games that don't have a natural in-game motivation to have enemies, take sides and take/defend territory.

Edit: What I mean is, I am currently enjoying PvE, but am not at all sure if I will get into/stay for PvP. I have yet to even understand what constitutes "sides".

Since there aren't even different enemy races/classes which your own side doesn't have, there is no racial or class tension at all. What is supposed to be the motivation for fighting each other?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 02:23:06 PM by Redgiant »

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: July 27, 2009, 08:15:19 PM

Pvp isn't split down racial lines? That's odd. Seems a natural.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #65 on: July 29, 2009, 08:32:17 AM

"Cultural" servers worked that way, but failed hard as far as I know. Thing is your culture determine class availability, so Stygians only had casters while Aquilonians and Cimmerians only meleers. Good for a FUN server, but you need a much healthier game for that.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: July 29, 2009, 09:35:15 AM

Well, it is true to the IP. Too bad Funcom couldn't make it work.

Also, roster update. Two days of stomach bug bumped me to lvl 48 conqueror.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #67 on: July 29, 2009, 01:44:42 PM

Grats! I'm still, what, 45? Too hot to roast my face in front of my LCD, so haven't been playing much.

Redgiant
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: July 29, 2009, 03:01:29 PM

58 tonight, have to start looking for my next playground.

Field of the Dead was good for 40s. So was Nobles District in OT.

Eiglophian Mountains was good for 50s, but just dried up on quests.

EIther Ymir's Pass (off Eiglophian) or somewhere else next?

Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #69 on: July 29, 2009, 03:15:47 PM

If you've already cleared most non-elite quests in eiglo, Ymir is directed at 55+. Might as well go there. Otherwise, villas.
Leave Thunder River for the 60's.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Wiccana - Bat Country Carebear Edition (Roster updated on 7/14)  
Jump to: