Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:49:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1092186 times)
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #1330 on: July 14, 2011, 02:25:26 PM

Also if you're reduced to firing HE, may as well aim them at the turret* -- you aren't going to cause much of regular damage anyway, but scoring few crits to crew and/or gun can be invaluable help to these who actually can hurt the target enough to kill them, since they'll be facing handicapped enemy.

*) if the engine isn't visible etc.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #1331 on: July 16, 2011, 03:58:00 PM

I've decided that Lowe treads are made out of toilet paper and white glue. I spend most of my time in the Lowe immobilized wfter being hit.

This game is addicding as hell. I've always enjoyed scale modelling and counterstrike and this game is like a combination of the two. Is it crazy that I've kept all my tanks and options and like to look at them in the garage? There's also some really great alternate skins available.

I've also decided to build a cockpit to play World of Warbirds in. I need to find my old joystick, throttle, and pedals from Mecharrior. Mmmmmmm.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1332 on: July 17, 2011, 10:50:52 AM

I've decided that Lowe treads are made out of toilet paper and white glue. I spend most of my time in the Lowe immobilized wfter being hit.

This game is addicding as hell. I've always enjoyed scale modelling and counterstrike and this game is like a combination of the two. Is it crazy that I've kept all my tanks and options and like to look at them in the garage? There's also some really great alternate skins available.

I've also decided to build a cockpit to play World of Warbirds in. I need to find my old joystick, throttle, and pedals from Mecharrior. Mmmmmmm.

There is definitely a collector aspect to this game.   I know a couple of players whose goal is to own every tank in the game.
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #1333 on: July 18, 2011, 12:24:20 AM

I have had my T92 for a while now. It has trouble finding matches late at night. It also can't aim low enough to hit nearby T54s. It's somewhat disappointing until you 1 shot an Object 704 less than a minute into a match. Then he fills chat up with insults, and threatens to send a hacking report to support.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 12:32:49 AM by LC »
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1334 on: July 18, 2011, 12:29:39 PM

I have had my T92 for a while now. It has trouble finding matches late at night. It also can't aim low enough to hit nearby T54s. It's somewhat disappointing until you 1 shot an Object 704 less than a minute into a match. Then he fills chat up with insults, and threatens to send a hacking report to support.

You one-shot an Object 704?   You sir have won World of Tanks.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #1335 on: July 18, 2011, 01:00:34 PM

I was bottom tier T40 and only two people were left alive on my side. They had their IS and a TD. I forgot who the other tank was but he drew the IS out. I came in behind him and hit him with the derp gun. Took him from 20% to dead. Then I swung around and took out the TD at their base. I think my team was a little shocked.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #1336 on: July 18, 2011, 01:47:51 PM

I should have my Maus before this weekend if all goes as planned.  Only 40k xp away. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?  I just wish it had even a slighty better gun than the one I have on my mini Maus now.  It seems to be on par with the one on the IS-7 but the one the T30 has is a lot better.

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #1337 on: July 18, 2011, 02:32:58 PM

Ginaz, you will be in a race with Skinnermule for the first Evil Chickens Maus. He's only got 2k xp to go, as of last night, but 2 mil short of buying it.

And the T30 is being moved to the TD line anyways, so don't be jealous. Feel a bit sorry for current T30 drivers who manage to get 4 shots off before they die from being about as squishy as a wet T32.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #1338 on: July 18, 2011, 03:21:03 PM

How many tier tens will that put us at? Five?

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #1339 on: July 18, 2011, 04:42:32 PM

Well, we got you, Bandit,  Ginaz and Skinner so far. I'm fairly certain Fusion is not far behind. If push came to shove I could spend mulah to use free xp to jump to the T30, but I'm not that worried about it yet. We'll probably wait till Garga is geared to go before we dip our toe into Clanbattles again.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #1340 on: July 18, 2011, 05:33:09 PM

What benefits do winning clanwars have?

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #1341 on: July 18, 2011, 07:19:48 PM

Well, other than being a fun competitive thing, I think holding territories generates gold for the clan to spend. But I'm fuzzy on the details.

Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #1342 on: July 18, 2011, 11:35:46 PM

Well, other than being a fun competitive thing, I think holding territories generates gold for the clan to spend. But I'm fuzzy on the details.

Yep . holding territory gives daily amount of gold its listed on it. For top clans that is enough to give 1500-2000 gold per active member per week
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #1343 on: July 19, 2011, 07:45:35 AM

Well, we got you, Bandit,  Ginaz and Skinner so far. I'm fairly certain Fusion is not far behind. If push came to shove I could spend mulah to use free xp to jump to the T30, but I'm not that worried about it yet. We'll probably wait till Garga is geared to go before we dip our toe into Clanbattles again.

I was speaking to Engels about this last night.  In reality, to fully participate in clan wars you need 30+ active members at top tiers.  You only need 15 members to try out a landing battle tournament (which is fun in itself), but to hold any territory you need much more.  If you won and stayed on a landing territory, you are sure as shit to get attacked every night - and even close territories to the landing zone because of clans trying to move out of the landing area themselves. 

In my previous clan, you would have multiple battles scheduled 2 minutes apart trying to hold and attack.  Although, you don't actually need to send tanks if you don't plan to keep the territory.  I am not sure exactly how the movement of "chips" works on the map, as I never had that responsibility - but you need members with Tier 5+ tanks to earn chips and need the chips to function strategically on the map.  We had instances where we couldn't send any tanks due to lack of chips.

In essence, attack and holding territory in Clan wars is not for the casual clan.  However, we can still participate  once we get better outfitted and just participate in landing areas or make a run at a clan and generally fuck things up for them in the short term.  It could be possible to have small land holdings with the right alliances, but holding anymore than two territories would be a chore.
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #1344 on: July 19, 2011, 08:44:44 AM

I was speaking to Engels about this last night.  In reality, to fully participate in clan wars you need 30+ active members at top tiers.  You only need 15 members to try out a landing battle tournament (which is fun in itself), but to hold any territory you need much more.  If you won and stayed on a landing territory, you are sure as shit to get attacked every night - and even close territories to the landing zone because of clans trying to move out of the landing area themselves. 

In essence, attack and holding territory in Clan wars is not for the casual clan.  However, we can still participate  once we get better outfitted and just participate in landing areas or make a run at a clan and generally fuck things up for them in the short term.  It could be possible to have small land holdings with the right alliances, but holding anymore than two territories would be a chore.

Yup this is true. My current clan has  a policy that you have to be on at CW time at least 4 times a week to get "active member" gold. At least one battle day  is to be expected. You can get away by having just one active team, but it has to be on every day and you have to be good at diplomacy because you need at least some border to be safe (otherwise you will get attacked at 2 places at exact same time). on top of this -team has to be good. Having whole stack of tier10 is not nearly enough to win - you need teamwork good strats and experience. If you just starting CW expect to be beaten every single time for a months or so.
Chab90
Terracotta Army

Reply #1345 on: July 20, 2011, 09:20:58 PM

Hello Fello WoT players

Feel great to final get on here and start to get involved.
Tip of the hat to Engels, Aba, Helm

-Chab90
Founder and Administrator Evilchickens.com

It was character that got us out of bed, commitment that moved us into action, and discipline that enabled us to follow through.  -Zig Ziglar
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #1346 on: July 20, 2011, 10:17:21 PM

Thinking about getting back into this.  I may purchase some gold finally and grab a gold tank.    I was thinking of getting the Ram-II or one of the German mediums.    I'm not sure what really makes the most beastly money though?   Also why is the Lowe $42 when the others are all around $10.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #1347 on: July 20, 2011, 10:53:56 PM

The Lowe has a far greater credit multiplier. So, on a victory with a ordinary gold you may get, for example, 40k, in a Lowe you'll get 70k.

Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #1348 on: July 20, 2011, 11:42:36 PM

Don't all the gold tanks have some sort of better credit multiplier?  Is that listed anywhere?
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #1349 on: July 21, 2011, 02:10:33 AM

... and I thought I was doing OK making 3k profit on a Tier 3-4 win. No wonder people buy a lowe and fund everything else with that.

Got my leopard tank. It's somewhat fun playing at being a scout but the accuracy, vision and power of the heavy tanks combined with the small maps means it is a very marginal role. And the matchmaker happily slots me into matches with Lowes and Tiger tanks.

The game is actually brilliant in encouraging you to claw up the ranks to avoid meeting bigger and meaner tanks. But if course with the grind, the tier widening as you move up and repair costs it more or less pushes you naturally towards buying gold. But without clan wars as end game motivation it's better to just find a tier you enjoy and play there. I think the best battles I had were pretty much Tier 2 light tank.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #1350 on: July 21, 2011, 07:19:46 AM

Don't all the gold tanks have some sort of better credit multiplier?  Is that listed anywhere?

Yes but the Lowe's is far higher.

Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #1351 on: July 21, 2011, 08:24:20 AM

I think the KV-5 has the same credit multiplier as the Lowe.  However, the Lowe has a one of the best guns at Tier 8 and penetrates and does more damage, therefore earning better credits.  I have had 100k matches in the KV-5, but you really have to have an excellent match and do a lot of damage with the pea-shooter.  This is the reason why the Lowe was increased in price versus the KV-5, one performs on average much better due to the gun - but they both have same credit multiplier.

Not sure I have seen anything with the estimated credit multipliers, but the list for credit earning potential would probably be something like:

1. Lowe
2. KV-5
3. M6AE1 (no longer purchasable)
4. Ram-II
5. PzKpfw V-IV (no longer purchasable)

Nothing significant after that, all the premiums would earn you positive credits.  The T2 Light Tank and PzKpfw 38H735 (f) perform well for their tier but too low of Tier to actually matter too much with credits.
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #1352 on: July 21, 2011, 02:45:04 PM

Right so Ram-II it is.   Do the gold tanks get to do the tick box for more crew xp btw?
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #1353 on: July 21, 2011, 02:47:23 PM

Yes. I use my M6A2E1 as a crew farm (or did when I was populating the heavy line).

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #1354 on: July 22, 2011, 08:19:43 AM

New game modes and development announced.  Unfortunately, they do more announcing and less releasing -

All from Overlord's blog.  Also some pics up of the VK 4502 (P) Ausf A and PzVI Tiger (P) (http://overlord-wot.blogspot.com/)
Pendan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1355 on: July 22, 2011, 01:05:51 PM

Unfortunately, they do more announcing and less releasing -
- Company battle divisions: 1) tier 10 max, no overall tier limitation; 2) tier 8, 6, 4 max, with the respective overall tier limitation.
6 months ago after releasing company battles during NA beta and getting lots of complaints they said they were working on this. They run tournaments with the other max level and max total point limitations. In other words they have all the technology for it yet they only announce and fail to release.
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #1356 on: July 22, 2011, 02:55:40 PM

Ok so I've been running some battles nonstop during some vacation here.   It seems I've had the misfortune of having people run in front of my gun one to many times though now as my name is blue in the hanger.   Has anyone else had this happen?  I tried finding info on how long it'll last but people act like it's impossible to get this on accident.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #1357 on: July 22, 2011, 03:09:29 PM

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/32543-team-kill-autosystem/

but that won't actually answer your question. Following this thread here:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/43600-why-do-teamkillers-turn-blue/page__st__20

it seems that after 5 or so battles you will revert to a normal color. In the meantime, your team mates can kill you without repercussions.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 03:28:01 PM by Engels »

Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #1358 on: July 22, 2011, 03:53:20 PM

Hmmm it's still blue but it's probably variable.   I read it's worse since the guy I accidentally shot was in the enemy flag circle.   Although nobody is shooting me oddly so maybe I'm not really blue and it's fucked up.
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1359 on: July 22, 2011, 06:16:54 PM

Hmmm it's still blue but it's probably variable.   I read it's worse since the guy I accidentally shot was in the enemy flag circle.   Although nobody is shooting me oddly so maybe I'm not really blue and it's fucked up.

I've seen blue players before, usually they are just watched carefully.  One time the blue player shot a teammate, then was promptly blown up.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #1360 on: July 23, 2011, 01:24:56 AM

Finally got my Maus last night.  Plays like a slower mini Maus.  I only have a dozen or so battles under my belt with it so its hard to give a more accurate description of what its like to play.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #1361 on: July 23, 2011, 01:38:52 AM

I'm totally confused by TD's... They have low penetration guns that do great damage, and high penetration guns that do low damage...

I get bounces all the time from the high penetration ones and never seem to get bounces off the low penetration ones.

penfold
Terracotta Army

Reply #1362 on: July 23, 2011, 02:12:20 AM

I have the top engine, tracks and second cannon on the T-54 now, it's a superb tank. Although in beta I played sniper with my Panther, or poke-and-shoot with my heavies, the T-54 plays a very mobile game, stop and your dead. I'm even confident circling and mixing it up with IS-7s and Maus's. My other non farming tank is the Jagdpanther, and Im debating whether or not to put the top engine in it, I'm nearly half way to the Ferdi, and buying the engine will set me back loads.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #1363 on: July 23, 2011, 03:28:37 AM

What confuses me about TD's is that they have a heavy gun at the cost of armor and mobility (mostly). Yet the match maker puts them into matches against opponents above their tier quite frequently. Leading to you effectively feeling like a cut-price tank. Which I believe is pretty much historically accurate (they were) but there's no representation of the fact that they were cheaper to produce since you are filling the same slot as a real tank.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #1364 on: July 23, 2011, 04:02:58 AM

Which TD's are you guys using?  German TD's seem to have pretty shitty guns thanks to matchmaker.   I switched to Russian and they're a lot better.   American TDs look good too though.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: