Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:56:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1092255 times)
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #1155 on: May 25, 2011, 07:11:23 PM

Tannhauser, let me know if you need the TS info again.
He WAS very quiet, now that I think of it.

Next clan war might feature us all running bt2s or something similiar hillarious. I think we are pretty far away from being actually able to invade spain in earnest.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Kodan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1156 on: May 26, 2011, 09:19:51 AM

I am liking my Lowe alot... I am working though on my t34(need about 40k exp and 1.5mil credits I think still) and then I will start working towards paying for my Ferdi (have it researched) and my Tiger.  I have 39 tanks now... I think I like my Stug III the best though. That and the little T2 German premium(even with the recent matchmaking changes it is still a nasty little tank). With the recent half price ammo sale I bought some gold ammo for my VK3601(H) and its conical gun the thing is a beast tricked out like that. All in all a very fun game.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #1157 on: May 26, 2011, 09:56:20 AM

Had our second clan battle last night. We had about 9 tanks, highest rank was three tier 8 and one Pershing. The other team was full, with an IS-7 and a median tier of 8. 3 Tier 6 artillery.

We were of course wiped out, but I think that considering the odds, we acquitted ourselves decently. We took out the IS-7 and four other tanks before we were overwhelmed.

We do need more members, but I'm not too concerned. I do not want the clan to turn to compulsory grinding or whatever.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #1158 on: May 26, 2011, 11:29:24 AM

We do need more members, but I'm not too concerned. I do not want the clan to turn to compulsory grinding or whatever.

That is great approach. But as a clan you guys probably need to decide whether you need presence on global map or not . Because if you do it has to be conscious commitment to be able to field 15 tier10 every day (not that it will be necessary every day, but might turn to that at times). In a month there will be no clans on GC without  such teams.
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #1159 on: May 26, 2011, 01:06:35 PM

8/9/10 are a smaller subsection of the playerbase. Trying to appeal to the 5% at the expense of the 95% makes you a niche title.

Already a niche title and already catering to that sub section of the playerbase.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #1160 on: May 26, 2011, 01:23:16 PM

That is great approach. But as a clan you guys probably need to decide whether you need presence on global map or not . Because if you do it has to be conscious commitment to be able to field 15 tier10 every day (not that it will be necessary every day, but might turn to that at times). In a month there will be no clans on GC without  such teams.

I'm sure that with a steady recruitment tickle, and time, we'll all have our Tier 10 tanks. Then its a matter of skill, and I know that a fair number of our players in the clan have a good sense for the game. Its more of a matter of time rather than 'if', since its not like some MMO with infinite levels of upgrading where a FoH can distinguish itself against another uber clan because it has equipped each member with a belt from Sleeper's Tomb.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #1161 on: May 26, 2011, 08:04:13 PM

Every match tonight I've wound up solo defending the primary attack route and getting my ass swarmed while my team derps around. Sigh.
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #1162 on: May 27, 2011, 05:10:05 AM

I see one small clan on the US server that has the right idea.  They are at around 50 members and have captured three 4000+ gold provinces.  Because of the battle mechanics they won't face more than 3 battles a night and the provinces are spread across the battle start times so they can focus on them one at a time.  They can field 3 teams with multiple tier 10s on all of them supported by tier 8 arty and many tier 9 mediums.  Every day they hold the provinces they can pay their members 200 gold, they don't have to mess with alliances or defending an 'empire' they just rake in the money.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #1163 on: May 27, 2011, 06:55:34 AM

Who is this? [BG]?
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #1164 on: May 27, 2011, 08:42:39 AM

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #1165 on: May 27, 2011, 09:15:43 AM

Uhm, BG has 100 members. They were one of the top clans in beta. They are good players, no doubt, but I don't think they are this ragged bunch of leet A Team members you describe.

I dunno, ask Amarr. He's with BG.

Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #1166 on: May 27, 2011, 09:54:11 AM

Uhm, BG has 100 members. They were one of the top clans in beta. They are good players, no doubt, but I don't think they are this ragged bunch of leet A Team members you describe.

I thought meant MLP. BG? Dunno their tourney team beat mine at semis so they must be decent. But they just like other clans 100 members, some good ,some bad
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #1167 on: May 27, 2011, 11:23:08 AM

Yeah, I was confused. Then again I discovered there's more to the map than just Europe like yesterday. My Little Pwnies has like 50 dudes though.

How does everyone feel about not having any tracers visible for a month or two?
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #1168 on: May 27, 2011, 01:01:46 PM

I'm not a fan when I'm hunting arty with my arty.

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #1169 on: May 27, 2011, 04:28:21 PM

I'm torn. On the one hand, arty hunting with an arty is boring as all knows, and I sorta feel put upon to hunt them when I'd rather be nuking the heavies. On the other hand, if folks were up and up cheating by changing the tracer files to make them permanent/visible, then ya, they gotta go till its fixed.

veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #1170 on: May 27, 2011, 04:31:37 PM

Sucks but much better then people cheating.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #1171 on: May 27, 2011, 11:00:18 PM

BG & MLP are closely tied.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1172 on: May 28, 2011, 07:28:01 AM

Just re-installed TS, can someone PM me the TS address, etc?
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #1173 on: May 28, 2011, 08:25:32 AM

Done

Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #1174 on: May 28, 2011, 05:59:53 PM

oops you are correct, I was going off some old info.
Pendan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1175 on: June 02, 2011, 10:32:37 AM

What do you do when you are attacked by just 1 tank in Clan Wars and are on the map where you have to go down into and then climb out of a very steep canyon?
You tell everyone to get in their fastest tank. You also let in all the clan member that don't usually get to participate in clan wars because they not high enough tier. When that one tank turns out to be a light tank you have even more fun with it.
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #1176 on: June 03, 2011, 04:13:46 AM

Funny, although I thought that only tier 5 and higher tanks could participate in a clan wars battle.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #1177 on: June 03, 2011, 08:51:28 AM

Also, how did a solitary tier 1 tank fuck up your tank that badly?

tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #1178 on: June 03, 2011, 09:34:31 AM

He's in tier 2 thing with 170 hp. Doesn't take much to fuck it up badly.

(the other guy is in tier 2 as well)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 09:37:46 AM by tmp »
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #1179 on: June 03, 2011, 10:17:18 AM

This is true! I had not caught that :)

Pendan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1180 on: June 03, 2011, 10:35:56 AM

Funny, although I thought that only tier 5 and higher tanks could participate in a clan wars battle.
Only members that have a tier 5 or higher provide a chip to be played on the map. You can send what ever tank you want into the actual battles. If you ever do a company battle the team setup is a lot like that. It is also close to setting up a training battle except you don't see the other team.

The screen shot was made by someone else so it is not even my tier 2 tank that is injured. I was not even in the battle just listening in. It also took some time to get the entire team of tanks over to this one and surround it that way which gave the guy some time to shoot.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1181 on: June 03, 2011, 04:15:41 PM

I'm in Tier 5 (T-34) now and having fun.  I'm interested in the global game, but we don't have the numbers yet correct?
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #1182 on: June 03, 2011, 05:30:42 PM

Neither the numbers nor the tank levels yet, I'm afraid. Evil Chickens is gonna have to wait a few months. We have good enough players, but the majority are not quite past tier 5, and we need tier 9 meds and tier 10 heavies to compete consistently.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1183 on: June 03, 2011, 05:45:47 PM

Wow.  Yeah, it will take quite a while to get up to Tier 9.  I guess that's why they want you to buy the premium tanks.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #1184 on: June 03, 2011, 06:37:57 PM

Anyone else running in the goon clans?

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1185 on: June 04, 2011, 09:41:38 AM

In honor of D-day garage slots are half price.  So are a couple of US premium tanks.  I just bought a shit-load of slots.

Ends on 6/6/11.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #1186 on: June 04, 2011, 09:54:16 AM

Sigh. Fine. Take my damn money.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1187 on: June 04, 2011, 06:19:35 PM

For some reason I don't own a single US tank.  Too many ahistorical models.  I bought one garage slot, but have been selling old tanks (God the A20 let me down) to make room for my new rides.  I like how you can transfer crews. 

Artillery is eroding my enjoyment of this game.  It's World of Tanks, not World of Chicken-Shit Rat Bastards.

Full disclosure:  I own a Wespe but I don't run it that often.
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1188 on: June 04, 2011, 06:43:37 PM

For some reason I don't own a single US tank.  Too many ahistorical models.  I bought one garage slot, but have been selling old tanks (God the A20 let me down) to make room for my new rides.  I like how you can transfer crews. 

Artillery is eroding my enjoyment of this game.  It's World of Tanks, not World of Chicken-Shit Rat Bastards.

Full disclosure:  I own a Wespe but I don't run it that often.

That changes in the upper tiers, arty gets scarce and you see almost all heavies.
snowwy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1189 on: June 04, 2011, 07:07:44 PM

Running a SU-8 myself....hell , the russian numbers are getting to me...., and it's kjust ....hell.
What a shitbox of miss that is. "Oh , i hit 2 in 13 shots, great. That's gonna pay off......" not......
I forgot, russian tanks are OP, sorry.....
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: