Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:22:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1092328 times)
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #1050 on: May 14, 2011, 11:17:04 AM

The Hetzer is great fun if/when you are the biggest gun on the map.  awesome, for real

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #1051 on: May 14, 2011, 12:17:39 PM

I'm not sure 'where the tanks are all equal' even means.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1052 on: May 14, 2011, 01:10:34 PM

I'm not sure 'where the tanks are all equal' even means.

One tier's difference would be nice. Then again you probably do get to shoot at all kinds of low tier stuff in a T10 tank, so I was wrong to even hope.
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #1053 on: May 14, 2011, 01:54:41 PM

Well, what's your experience with T54's when you happen to play against them, rather than driving one? Do you light them and blow them up as easily as you now believe it to be?

t54 blow up as easily as any other tier 9+ tank. I personally think pershings lots more dangerous as an opponent. Much more dangerous  and accurate cannon
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #1054 on: May 14, 2011, 02:19:20 PM

Yeh pershing looks amazing, I'm saving my free XP for the, what can I assume will be godlike, patton  awesome, for real

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #1055 on: May 14, 2011, 03:07:50 PM

Oh, I don't think I'll ever reach top level in any grind game ever again. Vanilla WoW beat that out of me. I was just wondering about it, because I would be willing to pay a bit of money to be able to reach a level where the tanks are all equal.

There is no such level. If anything, tier 5/6 is probably the best balanced of the game, imo.
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #1056 on: May 14, 2011, 05:05:42 PM

Oh, I don't think I'll ever reach top level in any grind game ever again. Vanilla WoW beat that out of me. I was just wondering about it, because I would be willing to pay a bit of money to be able to reach a level where the tanks are all equal.

I couldn't imagine how uninteresting "all equal" would be.
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #1057 on: May 14, 2011, 05:13:25 PM

t54 blow up as easily as any other tier 9+ tank. I personally think pershings lots more dangerous as an opponent. Much more dangerous  and accurate cannon
Given i've seen a t54 take single handedly on 6 tanks of tier 8-9 (number of them heavies) one by one and being the one left standing at the end, i'm somewhat dubious about that "as easily" part. The cannon accuracy doesn't appear to hinder t54's when they're in their environment -- that is, the knife-range fights where they can easily force you to just plink at the front turret plate while they run circles around, approaching the weak spots. In contrast, Pershing with half of that armour even at the front may as well be made out of paper.

false edit: actually, having checked the numbers t54 has more accurate guns than the Pershing? 0.34 vs 0.36 or 0.31 vs 0.32 depending which tier you pick.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #1058 on: May 14, 2011, 05:35:17 PM

The pershing has a better gun (higher damage, loosely the same rate of fire and penetration), the t-54 has loads more armor and is far more nimble (it's traverse is a good 8 degrees/sec higher), is 10km/h faster, and has about 10 degrees faster turret traverse.

A group of pershings are mean due to the brutal gun. A group of t-54s are supposed to be mean because it's a bitch to hit them, and you have a higher chance of not actually hurting them (though they're still nowhere near a heavy's armor, the idea is that you should never have a good low bounce angle on them)

Now, this is messed up a bit due to how trivial it is to track people right now, but basically: a t-54 pack gets in close and knife fights. A Pershing pack pokes holes in things from a distance.
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #1059 on: May 14, 2011, 06:26:41 PM

The funniest part, next patch gives t54 extra 20 hp to the upgraded engine. Guess it wasn't accelerating and zipping about good enough as it was.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #1060 on: May 14, 2011, 06:40:20 PM

They wont be tracked as often either (like it matters with their 1 second track repair times) because they are making it so you have to hit a tank in the drive wheel to track them.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1061 on: May 14, 2011, 11:37:40 PM

I couldn't imagine how uninteresting "all equal" would be.

As uninteresting as any other skill-based shooter. The thing is, success is starting to feel really cheap because most of the time it's because I happen to be the top tank. Maybe things would feel different if I were in a platoon and teamwork happened on a non-random basis.

edit: also, Tier 10 means that you have no opponents more powerful than you. I can't be much fun to be top tank all the time.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 11:55:29 PM by jakonovski »
snowwy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1062 on: May 15, 2011, 02:12:45 AM

As uninteresting as any other skill-based shooter. The thing is, success is starting to feel really cheap because most of the time it's because I happen to be the top tank. Maybe things would feel different if I were in a platoon and teamwork happened on a non-random basis.

edit: also, Tier 10 means that you have no opponents more powerful than you. I can't be much fun to be top tank all the time.

Which is why you stop at tier IX.
Isn't EU and US servers patched up yet? Because the tracking system does work. Arty still blows off both my tracks constantly though.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 05:41:33 AM by snowwy »
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1063 on: May 15, 2011, 08:43:19 AM

I think the patch comes some time next week for the EU servers.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #1064 on: May 15, 2011, 11:56:46 AM

I have the IS7 researched but not gonna get it just yet.

I'm having good fun in the SU85 atm & I'll be using one later in the Drill boot final.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #1065 on: May 15, 2011, 01:14:33 PM

Got a pal in the clan that basically only uses the SU-85 to pad his stats. He gets top gun (6 plus kills) every other game.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #1066 on: May 15, 2011, 04:26:37 PM

Yeh once I got it fully upgraded I been getting a lot of top guns. Westfield and Himmelsdorf are great for TDs, also it's a good money maker.

Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1067 on: May 15, 2011, 05:10:58 PM

Got a pal in the clan that basically only uses the SU-85 to pad his stats. He gets top gun (6 plus kills) every other game.

I'm surprised how good the M2 Medium is with the 75mm gun.  I've only had it 2 days and gotten Top Gun twice.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1068 on: May 16, 2011, 01:27:16 AM

I'm surprised how good the M2 Medium is with the 75mm gun.  I've only had it 2 days and gotten Top Gun twice.

It's all downhill from there.  why so serious?
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #1069 on: May 16, 2011, 01:59:21 PM

What's your nick again ? Engels ?

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #1070 on: May 16, 2011, 02:34:09 PM

yep
 with the clan tag [EVIL] after it.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #1071 on: May 16, 2011, 05:27:32 PM

yep
 with the clan tag [EVIL] after it.
Found you.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #1072 on: May 17, 2011, 05:05:10 AM

0.6.4 patch today.

Liking these changes...

"Engine now catches fire, if is has received certain fixed amount of damage, which is the same for all vehicles. The purpose is to reduce the ability of low-tier automatic guns to cause engine fire."

I always thought it was a bit dumb that low tier vehicles could easily set fire to a T9/10 with HE rounds. Not because they're low tier, but because of their massive ROF.

"Credit repair kit will fix 1 chosen damaged module until the end of battle. Gold will repair all currently damaged modules until the end of battle.
You can put both repair kits on the same tank together.
First aid kits work similar to repair kits.

Nice awesome, for real

" Reworked vehicle movement system – stucking at vertical surfaces and map borders is nearly eliminated. Reduced chance of getting stuck in terrain objects."

Still getting stuck the odd time.

"Added first version of moving wrecks of destroyed vehicles."

At last, relates to last fix. Getting stuck on & running into dead vehicles was dumb.

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #1073 on: May 17, 2011, 07:14:01 AM

I fondly remember watching 10 minutes of a battle from my flag, because when stopping a ninja light cap, I would up wedged between a rock and the light's wreck. Most boring battle EVER, but at least my team applauded my sacrifice! ;)
snowwy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1074 on: May 17, 2011, 09:48:24 AM

Is there a friendly person with the updated version that could upload/send me the Res/text-folder? Not very good at reading russian letters, and my old 0.6.3.9 version is giving me some trouble with the stats-page. 
I do not feel like DL'ing 1,8gigs just for that file  ACK!  and my Google-Fu seems lacking.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1075 on: May 17, 2011, 09:49:04 AM

30 euros for a Löwe? Ooooookaaaayyy...
penfold
Terracotta Army

Reply #1076 on: May 17, 2011, 12:42:18 PM

30 euros for a Löwe? Ooooookaaaayyy...

I was all ready to buy one to, expecting 2500ish gp for one.

2 in the first game i played, and 3 in the game I just left. 30 euros!!! I know they bring in 60k+ creds and decent xp in a game, but I'm not spending the price of a new game on an in game item. I've burnt through 9k gp since it went live, I'm not afraid to give them above what I have paid other mmogs per month but that's way over what's sensible.

Kodan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1077 on: May 17, 2011, 05:11:15 PM

I bought my LOWE within minutes of logging in. I will unfortunately be a complete and utter sucker for anything German they might decide to sell.... I gotta have all the German tanks. I have 37 or 38 tanks now in my garage and another 19 or so slots for more tanks. Do not even want to admit how much I have spent so far but lets just say there are only 4 premium tanks I do not have(including the preorder tanks).
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #1078 on: May 18, 2011, 01:10:59 AM

I bought my LOWE within minutes of logging in. I will unfortunately be a complete and utter sucker for anything German they might decide to sell.... I gotta have all the German tanks. I have 37 or 38 tanks now in my garage and another 19 or so slots for more tanks. Do not even want to admit how much I have spent so far but lets just say there are only 4 premium tanks I do not have(including the preorder tanks).

I can see now how WoT makes mad money lol. Cheap bastard I am  I only bought 5 slots and 2 months of premium.  But plenty of ppl in my clan spent 100+ dollars .not bad for f2p .
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #1079 on: May 18, 2011, 08:40:25 AM

I'm grinding up a KV-13 right now, because for some reason it interests me to have an armored medium in my stable, and I'm curious how it stands up to my T-20, which I have a love hate relationship with (it's awesome.. when it's not in the bottom 3 of the matchup.)

edit: Also, the new and redone maps are kind of nice. That one new wide open flat plain one looks terrible, but I've only played it once. I like the added cover on a few maps, and the ground/tree texture reworks are quite pretty.
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #1080 on: May 18, 2011, 10:18:13 AM

I picked up the Lowe as I had some gold from pre-order still kicking around, but agreed that they are a bit out of touch on pricing for the two new vehicles.  I am not really considering the KV-5 at this point even though I have every other premium tank except the pre-order A-32.  I did see many Lowes and KV-5s last night in my short stint though.

I had some issues with lag even though my ping was <100. 

I haven't played my M6A2E1 much, but had a helluva round last night.  I was the last tank standing versus 4 remaining tanks and took them out one-by-one for a total of 6 tanks and a top gun.  Dead people were telling to give up long before that. I believe it was a 3,400 xp round and 76,000 credits. I really didn't know it was possible to get that many credits using the premium tier 8 heavies.

Other than that, I had a shitty night of about 6 straight losses.  I find it a bit like golf, one good round keeps me coming back.
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #1081 on: May 18, 2011, 11:38:18 AM

The new music for El Halluf map is awesome, for real

edit: also, sniper mode with the screen shake turned off feels like cheating.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #1082 on: May 18, 2011, 12:07:39 PM

edit: also, sniper mode with the screen shake turned off feels like cheating.

You should try removing shot/smoke particles  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #1083 on: May 18, 2011, 01:14:37 PM

These are generally gone by the time i end reloading, so don't really bother me Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #1084 on: May 18, 2011, 01:17:01 PM

So, does anyone know the weak spot on the front of an IS-4? Five shots at various parts of the front from my gold M6A2E1 and they all bounced. Was eaten alive soonthereafter.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: