Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:13:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1097238 times)
veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #700 on: January 10, 2011, 10:08:17 AM

The long 105 on the kt is fantastic.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #701 on: January 10, 2011, 01:16:51 PM

Rumor mill:

No wipe expected at all since they are close to release. Clan wars "soon". Migration to EU server this week. Visibility system to be reworked completely, but that will take time.

This is what got distilled from a 11 page thread on the WoT forum. Also, I have an Object 704 now  Woot!
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #702 on: January 10, 2011, 01:20:41 PM

They need to just remove it I think.
Nah, just add the British tree. Centurion!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
snowwy
Terracotta Army

Reply #703 on: January 10, 2011, 02:31:07 PM

Rumor mill:

No wipe expected at all since they are close to release. Clan wars "soon". Migration to EU server this week. Visibility system to be reworked completely, but that will take time.

This is what got distilled from a 11 page thread on the WoT forum. Also, I have an Object 704 now  Woot!

Honestly, i don't have much trouble with the visibility system anymore. Just expect to lose sight if there's anything at all blocking your gunners wiev. Not sure how they will rework this. Full visibility while firing? Say goodbye to any TD.
Sold all my crap on beta server and re-bought the tiger II, had a drunken night a while ago and sold it...........
Not impressed, got it maxed out, but this thing is .....let's just say, I prefer the IS-3. The BL-10 may have spoiled me though, the 105 feels like a pea-shooter. The accuracy is very nice though. Gets boring missing shot after shot on 300m+ with the BL-10 thanks to the dispersion-change. Doubt even 1 in a 100 shot hit bullseye these days, which is one of the main problems i have killing T-54's. Doesn't matter if you have laser-precision on your aim, that grenade will go where ever the hell it pleases.
penfold
Terracotta Army

Reply #704 on: January 14, 2011, 11:27:03 AM

I managed to get the IS4 last night. It's nice being top dog, and the survivability over the IS3 is noticeable. The BL9 seems alot better too, not sure why, guess the tank itself affects aim/accuracy ?

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #705 on: January 15, 2011, 02:18:14 AM

Oddly I find the IS4 a little more accurate than the IS7, not sure if this is playstyle related or tank guns behaving differently.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #706 on: January 15, 2011, 09:18:18 AM

So, it seems that the game mechanics for companies have just utterly failed. No one's using them. It seems a shame, really. I can't think of an easy solution, either, since the tendency to stack the teams with tier 9 and 10 tanks is just human nature. I guess they could put in an artificial limit on how many high tier tanks can be any given company, but that seems an inelegant solution.

Arty also seems to be going away. I played many many games last night with no arty in sight. I think its due to the revamped aiming system. When 50% of your arty shots do not fall on target and the most minor adjustment blows open your aiming reticule, its an exercise in frustration.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
snowwy
Terracotta Army

Reply #707 on: January 15, 2011, 09:53:22 AM

Arty is now what they were intended to be i guess. Trying to blow up the campers......they gonna have to add something else to arty or it's a dead branch. Smoke-grenades or something.
Can't make money if you can't hit anything. Not complaining though. Still see GW-Tigers wreaking havoc on the field, but my SU-8 is parked at the moment. The grind up to next level got to brutal....having to much fun sending 1600 cred shells into orbit with the BL-10.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #708 on: January 15, 2011, 04:42:23 PM

So, it seems that the game mechanics for companies have just utterly failed. No one's using them. It seems a shame, really. I can't think of an easy solution, either, since the tendency to stack the teams with tier 9 and 10 tanks is just human nature. I guess they could put in an artificial limit on how many high tier tanks can be any given company, but that seems an inelegant solution.

Noticed this and really easy to fix, start by raising the points used by the higher tier tanks, T8 = 9pts T9= 12pts T10 = 15pts. That would at least prevent higher tier stacking.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #709 on: January 16, 2011, 10:18:54 AM

I think that may work, Amarr. Cept that that would uncover the ugly truth that the high tier heavies are stupidly powerful. That's probably why they cost so much to maintain. Right now I'm just running a Panther and a KT, and I have to go back to my T20 and T43 to keep money coming in. SU-14 is not really a money maker unless you have a really good match and some luck.

The one irritant is that the KT equivalent, the IS3, is nowhere near as expensive to maintain as the KT. Again with the russian bias. This group I play with, mostly Canadians, argues that of course the russian tanks have a huge benefit because its a russian company, but I argue that US companies of FPS don't make the US rifles that much better than the soviet/austrian/whatever rifles.

Its the one blindspot I think Wargaming has.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #710 on: January 16, 2011, 12:50:42 PM

After Tier VII the disparity between tanks gets so much larger, player skill must also be accounted for. It's so large that going unrecognised means tank companies are completely broken and unfun for anyone not willing to use a T10 or high tier arty. But I don't think it's a major issue outside of these situations as long as it's acknowledged by the game designers.

Russian bias became a lot more apparent with the T-54, up til then there was enough to merit driving another nations tanks in class, but the T-54 totally outclasses it's counterparts. Also they buffed the IS4 instead of nerfing it, which they should have done as it was already a slightly best in class, in fact I prefer IS4 to the IS7 in random battles.

snowwy
Terracotta Army

Reply #711 on: January 16, 2011, 01:19:41 PM

T-54 is getting a slight nerf next patch though. Same track-hp and repair time as the T-44, also 10% increased repaircost..........and 15 cm to it's height.
Russian tanks seems to be a better money-maker than Germans. Have a KT on beta-server which is struggling to make a profit at all. While my IS-3 prints money.
Objekt 704 is also an excellent money-maker. For me to go negative on that thing i gotta miss a few shots and then die horribly. Premium account ofc.
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #712 on: January 17, 2011, 05:34:56 AM

Russian tanks seems to be a better money-maker than Germans.
Supposedly amount of money you get from dealing damage is scaled depending on distance you took the shot from -- the farther away, the less you earn. And since guns on Russian tanks are geared towards close range encounters (huge alpha, relatively low accuracy) while German guns are more for long-range fighting both due to extra accuracy and because their dps is more "flat" (meaning you have to start shooting earlier or the russian gun alpha gets you first) ... well.
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #713 on: January 17, 2011, 08:55:00 AM

The long 105 on the kt is fantastic.

It's fantastic on KV-3 too.

A bloody magical gun, I also love how 75% shorts do damage and detrack target, no matter where you aim them. It's like you're shooting so much pan, they detrack themselves out of shock and fear:D
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #714 on: January 17, 2011, 08:58:19 AM

Nah, it's just that when you're shooting spotted target, 50% of credits goes to spotter.

The fact that russians have better credit multipliers helps too:P
veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #715 on: January 17, 2011, 12:33:07 PM

exp and credit payout is being greatly multiplied right now. I assume it's because hard wipe is coming but in my SU 152 was averaging about 4k exp and 115k credits per win.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #716 on: January 17, 2011, 01:26:39 PM

Do we still have a channel ? I plan on playing quite a lot today/tonight...  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
snowwy
Terracotta Army

Reply #717 on: January 17, 2011, 01:42:41 PM

The fact that russians have better credit multipliers helps too:P

Where is this fact coming from? Fits the bill in my experience, but......
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #718 on: January 17, 2011, 02:54:12 PM

Recreated the Bat Country Channel, looks like it got wiped when the servers were split today.

PM me for the Password. Password is "cantstophere"
  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 08:11:33 PM by Der Helm »

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #719 on: January 18, 2011, 01:41:52 AM

I think Engels dumped that channel cause it was never used. I'll jump on again if people use it, otherwise it's just taking up room in an extremely tight chat channel interface.

Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #720 on: January 18, 2011, 09:46:36 AM

Btw if no one noticed there is 5x credits and xp now.  Great way to get whatever tank you wanted. I completed my t54 last night. insanely OP tank lol
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #721 on: January 18, 2011, 09:59:26 AM

Ya, I got into a Panther II last night, and proceeded to ding off IS-3s and get two-shotted by T44s. Lets not even talk about the T54. That said, the Panzer II is very nice and fast. It is, however, larger than the VK4502, which makes me squint at Russia from Sarah Palin's porch.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 10:02:39 AM by Engels »

FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #722 on: January 18, 2011, 10:59:54 PM

Ok, I was thinking about getting the panzerII, but fuck that. Bigger than the VK4502? Wtf. I was thinking about getting the t-54, but seriously, fuck that thing.

Maybe I'll just get the DB. I've heard it's fun, and quite frankly, the fun level falls off past T7 IMO.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #723 on: January 19, 2011, 02:45:02 AM

I think he meant VK4501 ? Theyre big but can't be bigger than AusfB.

tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #724 on: January 19, 2011, 06:58:42 AM

Yeah i don't remember Panther II being this big, and there's no way not to notice if it was -- would need to be at least the size of small moon to be larger than ausfB.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #725 on: January 19, 2011, 08:49:22 AM

Trust me, its bigger than the AusfB. I spawned next to one the other night and I was like WTF. Its freakin' huge. Its nearly as big as a Maus. A Maus that goes 55 kph.

That said, now that I have my Panther II up to elite with the 105 mm gun, it is just gleeful to take 20% off a T-54 in one shot. I have now successfully solo'd a T-54 twice.

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/17566-panther-ii/page__view__findpost__p__361769
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 01:06:37 PM by Engels »

Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #726 on: January 19, 2011, 01:29:30 PM

Haven't been playing much as I didn't want to continue to put in the crazy hours I was into the beta.  Do they have a firm release date yet?
snowwy
Terracotta Army

Reply #727 on: January 23, 2011, 05:23:34 PM

Soooo, checked my stats to see if I did as horribly as i expected in the T-43.....and i did.
Battles: 126 , 76 destroyed,  60% Hit rate, 52% victories ......and this is embarrasing....survived 19 /15% !
Compare that to my IS-3 survival rate of 37% or Objekt 704 which has 47% ......I've said it before, I suck at medium tanking.
Worst part is the low kill-count on that damn thing. So used to getting tracked/explode the second someone looks at me funny. 20k to go to T-44 and i hate the machine with a passion.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #728 on: January 23, 2011, 08:06:20 PM

The T43 is a glass cannon. I wouldn't take it too personally. You're first on the list to be shot in the medium to high tier battles because although you are squishy, you get a good gun. Best get you out of the way quick. Same thing goes for the Sherman M4A3E8.

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #729 on: February 03, 2011, 02:17:40 PM

Handy Hint of the day: The PzKpfw 38H735 (f) is a tiny god.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
snowwy
Terracotta Army

Reply #730 on: February 04, 2011, 04:38:17 PM

If i'm not mistaken it even get moved DOWN a notch in tiers, a must-buy Gents?
veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #731 on: February 04, 2011, 05:06:44 PM

Also when the French tree comes out we'll have an upgradeable version to try out.
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #732 on: February 09, 2011, 07:22:29 AM

Indeed it is DRILLING AND MANLINESS, thanks for the tip.  I ran about 5 matches with it last night and had a 7 kill, 6 kill, 4 kill, and two 2 kill matches. It is slow as hell, but mean and oh so cute.
snowwy
Terracotta Army

Reply #733 on: February 12, 2011, 08:52:56 AM

The T-44 is fantastic compared to the T-43. My survival-rate is up to 45% because it actually bounces shots. Got it fully upgraded now and really, really enjoying ithis machine. Tenfolds more agile and responsive  Heart
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #734 on: February 12, 2011, 12:10:30 PM

I tried grinding up for t-44 again after last wipe, but just found the t43 too crippled.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: