Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 12:05:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1098029 times)
veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #595 on: November 17, 2010, 06:47:50 PM

I ended up getting the last engine for the T1/M6 since I plan on keeping the M6 for messing around in. I really like that tank (liked the T1 too) and with the 90mm equipped it hits pretty damn hard. Although if you don't plan on keeping either the T1 or the M6 I would skip that engine. It's a noticeable upgrade but not worth 19k exp imo for a tank you aren't going to use again. They really should consider dropping the exp requirement to about 9k or so.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #596 on: November 17, 2010, 07:11:57 PM

I agree with the 20k T1 tank engine being ridiculous. Why bother?

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #597 on: November 17, 2010, 09:05:28 PM

Yup, pretty silly when it takes 20-few k xp to unlock next tier tank instead.

On the subject of upgrades, what gun do people put on their StuGs? Decided to stick with the 105mm lolcannon with HE ammo (same like Hetzer) since that seems to be only thing that can put a decent dent even in the highest tiers, and one-shots the low tiers which is funny enough to justify on its own picking that combo. Mildly curious about the top 75mm upgrade, though.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #598 on: November 17, 2010, 10:00:46 PM

Why so much hate for the Lee? It aims and reloads really quickly even with 50% crew and I can two-shot all t4s and below with the standard gun+HE, and can damage higher tiers easily. Just play it like a TD, stay back in the bushes and shoot past your teammates.

It's the only T4 that I don't loathe.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #599 on: November 18, 2010, 06:41:40 AM

THIS IS GREAT NEWS.

Vivox Voice Infiltrates the Battlefield in World of Tanks MMO

Hash Out Combat Strategy and Bark Orders at Your Troops in First Vehicle-driven Massively Multiplayer Online Game

Natick, MA—November 18, 2010 —  Vivox, Inc. (www.vivox.com), the number one integrated voice platform for the Social Web, today announced that it will provide high-definition (HD) in-game voice chat for Wargaming.net's World of Tanks, the first and only team-based massively multiplayer online action game dedicated to armored warfare.

World of Tanks, winner of E3’s 2010 “Best New Concept Award” from Massively.com, allows players to engage in epic tank battles with other steel cowboys all over the world. Players can choose a tank to command from an arsenal of more than 80 armored vehicles from America, Germany and the Soviet Union, all carefully detailed with historical accuracy.

“When creating World of Tanks it was critical for us to include voice communication capabilities. With proven scalability, numerous live integrations, and best in class quality - partnering with Vivox was an easy decision,” said Victor Kislyi, CEO of Wargaming.net. “Vivox Voice makes the gaming experience more natural and helps execute our vision of promoting teamwork. Players will be able to collaborate on battle plans and communicate during combat in the quickest, most intuitive way possible - speech - and Vivox delivers it the best.”

Vivox Voice will let World of Tanks players talk to each other both during the game and prior to combat when compiling a team in the lobby. The voice capabilities are built into the game interface seamlessly so players will be able to interact easily and naturally during tank battles all without having to leave the game or use a 3rd party application.

“Wargaming.net is breaking new ground in the gaming world with World of Tanks,” said Rob Seaver, founder and CEO of Vivox. “Not only does the game allow you to participate in massive tank battles while driving historically accurate machines, but you will be able to build and grow your vehicles into an unstoppable force. We are honored to be a part of this exciting new concept and look forward to witnessing the success of World of Tanks.”

World of Tanks is a free-2-play MMO that is currently in closed beta and will be released in Q1 2011 for the PC. More information about World of Tanks can be found at: http://www.worldoftanks.com

What sucks is the Q1 2011 release, but I am pretty sure they don't want to release it in the West without the Global Persistent Campaign (Clan Warfare) thing. And I'd say they are being very wise.

Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #600 on: November 18, 2010, 08:05:20 AM

I can't say I'm all excited. Plan assault probably not. Spew offensive drivel and call people names, almost definitely.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #601 on: November 18, 2010, 08:26:37 AM

If they can make it work only in your tank's radio range, this is pure win.

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #602 on: November 18, 2010, 10:41:51 AM

I'm actually glad about the Q1 2011. Mean moar beta.

Honestly, the chat thing could be funny, offensive drivel or not. I'm cautiously optimistic about its utility, since for the most part, players are heavily invested in winning each match. In fact, I'd have to say that of all the team-based games I've played, WoT players seem by FAR the most histerical about fighting the game right. To the point of nerd rage and offensive behavior often enough, but that's the internet for ya.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #603 on: November 18, 2010, 11:08:24 AM

Yeah and made it where if you have penetration greater than double the armor thickness you cant bounce at all I think it was. Just saying it made for a more realistic feel to 88mm gun. I am pretty sure if you asked 100 people what the most feared anti tank weapon of WW2 was about 90% would say the German 88mm. Sadly till this most recent patch that was not the case in game.
Ahem.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordnance_QF_17_pounder

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #604 on: November 18, 2010, 12:32:19 PM

Honestly, the chat thing could be funny, offensive drivel or not. I'm cautiously optimistic about its utility, since for the most part, players are heavily invested in winning each match. In fact, I'd have to say that of all the team-based games I've played, WoT players seem by FAR the most histerical about fighting the game right. To the point of nerd rage and offensive behavior often enough, but that's the internet for ya.

Considering that death pops me into another tank, where its death pops me into another tank, I find that I'm way less invested in winning. Shooting and killing yes, winning no. Only when I'm riding in a tier 8 tank do i find myself cursing at everyone to do there job.
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #605 on: November 18, 2010, 01:01:54 PM

I am wondering how it will be implemented.  I would prefer it they kept it to lobby and platoons in random battles.  They can extend to full clan for that type of warfare.  Full team chat in random battles may be just too random for me.  At the very least, please turn off dead people.  More and more I am getting loads of advice (and polar opposite advice) from dead people still watching....very annoying.  I got called a noob and fag for not being able to take out a ferd and IS-3 with my Tiger.  Thanks for the advice dead guy.
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #606 on: November 18, 2010, 01:18:24 PM

I am wondering how it will be implemented.  I would prefer it they kept it to lobby and platoons in random battles.  They can extend to full clan for that type of warfare.  Full team chat in random battles may be just too random for me.  At the very least, please turn off dead people.  More and more I am getting loads of advice (and polar opposite advice) from dead people still watching....very annoying.  I got called a noob and fag for not being able to take out a ferd and IS-3 with my Tiger.  Thanks for the advice dead guy.

World of Tanks, online back seat driving brought to a hard drive near you!
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #607 on: November 18, 2010, 02:57:07 PM

I can't wait to get back playing this so I can listen to all those sperging teenagers shouting don't capture the base you moron straight into my ear. Seriously sometimes I might find that entertaining and I will go out of my normal routine of never capturing bases just to hear them do that.

Does this make me a bad person?  why so serious?

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #608 on: November 18, 2010, 03:27:14 PM

I've seen people decide to not cap the enemy base even when our base was 50% capped and they were 5 feet from the enemy circle.

Why? You get more xp if your side wins.

Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #609 on: November 18, 2010, 05:55:26 PM

I hate "the don't cap kill" guys.  I've even been tk'd by one just to stop me from capping.  I figure a fast win beats a slow win every time, plus there's no better way to flush out the defenders than to start capping their circle.
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #610 on: November 21, 2010, 06:27:57 PM

I hate "the don't cap kill" guys.  I've even been tk'd by one just to stop me from capping.  I figure a fast win beats a slow win every time, plus there's no better way to flush out the defenders than to start capping their circle.

I prefer the quick cap for the win much more as well, but you'll always have some who disagree no matter what. I'm just working my American heavies and Russian TDs until they release the French tanks. Vive la France!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #611 on: November 21, 2010, 07:20:43 PM

Do they autosurrender?

tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #612 on: November 22, 2010, 03:33:02 AM

Couple of the german tanks you can buy for gold are technically french. Seen them in game a few times, they seemed pretty bad. Like, Churchill bad Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #613 on: November 25, 2010, 03:33:35 PM

I'll just leave this here. awesome, for real

EvE: Caern Robillard | Cua D'Mon
Steam Profile
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #614 on: November 25, 2010, 08:47:27 PM

Fun with Bisons. Awesome screenshot. Still loving the game, and getting better by the match. I thought I would be best at arty, but turns out I'm a really good player on a T1 heavy and a few different TDs.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #615 on: November 26, 2010, 05:05:30 AM

Look at dat little Bison  Heart

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
penfold
Terracotta Army

Reply #616 on: November 29, 2010, 12:25:23 PM

Have a leaked (and probably fake) British tech tree:

I hope that's real. There are some interesting tanks in amongst that lot. In particular;

- The Centurion is one of the finest tanks of its generation.
- The Tortoise is a crazy post war TD, much like the US T28.
- TOG2 is one of the biggest tanks ever, but early war, so should be in with low tiers.
- The Archer TD had a gun pointing backwards. Shoot n scoot.

I'm currently working to max out my IS3.  Particularly enjoy the matches where the auto-matching has even been throwing me in matches full of tier 4s and 5s. I also have a maxed out Panther and Stug III. I enjoy arty, but prefer the Su-26 to the Su-5, so haven't even got near to the next tier.

I've been playing constantly for ages now and didn't even know that Bison hiding place existed :)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #617 on: November 30, 2010, 04:13:41 AM

Awesome. French tanks incoming.

French Armor to Invade World of Tanks

Wargaming.net is glad to announce the release of a new development tank tree for its highly-anticipated massively multiplayer online game World of Tanks.

The development tree illustrates level-up paths for each of the five classes of French vehicles available in the game including some prototype models and provides an overview of premium and captured tanks.

French roster features a unique mixture of slow but powerful heavily-armored pre-war vehicles and fast maneuverable but rather vulnerable wartime machines offering an ample array of gameplay styles and tactics to choose from.

“With French vehicles we are going to take another step further in expanding World of Tanks armored fleet, drawing new tank enthusiasts into the game and providing more extensive gameplay options for those already playing”, said Victor Kislyi, CEO of Wargaming.net. “We believe that more than 50 new machines will add extra depth and variety to World of Tanks battles bringing even more fun to our players”.

penfold
Terracotta Army

Reply #618 on: November 30, 2010, 10:35:49 AM

I will have to get on google for most of those.  I know a few 1939-1940 models, but didn't even realise they had any development 1941-1947.

Post Google edit: The first AMX-50 prototype was delivered in 1949 and post dates even the IS-7. The AMX 50 120 mm was designed in 1950 with a prototype delivered in 1953. It was designed as a counter to the IS-3 and IS-10.  The developers aren't being too smart here, and are putting things that should be in a Cold War expansion pack in to the beta. They should definitely release this sooner rather than later, the longer they leave it, the higher the chance people are burnt out with their cluster of tier 7-10s and can't be bothered with playing KVs and Hetzers again.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 11:01:18 AM by penfold »
snowwy
Terracotta Army

Reply #619 on: November 30, 2010, 03:09:24 PM

I've come to the conclusion that medium tanks just ain't for me. I loathed my Panther, and am now on a ragequit-break thanks to the T-43. It just....stinks. It's agile, i'll give it that, but lack speed/horsepower. It doesn't bounce anything at all,
and i'm really getting tired of the 100mm tongue Medium tanks just doesn't seem to have any role to fill at the moment that an IS-3 can't do better. With a slight exception for the T-44 Speed? Not really any advantage anymore since you'll be tracked the moment you show up anyway. 
Agility? IS-3 has that.  Size? Gotte get the T-44 for that. The T-43 is just to big a target.  meh, sorry for the "I am bored"-rant

Followed a T-30 that paired with a ISU on death-cam in a match today.( Death-cam watching is very normal in a T-43) That was pretty sweet. The two of them cleared most of the opposition. Kinda hard to withstand 1500'ish instant damage. IS4's and 3's were assploding all over the place   awesome, for real Almost made me load up the T1....then i looked at it and said "Sod off"
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #620 on: November 30, 2010, 05:52:45 PM

Medium tanks against the usual barrage of IS-3s and Tiger IIs are a litany of pain unless, and this is a big unless, you have great driving skills. Occasionally I will score an amazing series of kills in my Panzer V, but for the most part, I'm content with my IS or my Tiger I. I'm slowly working towards the IS3 and the T-43, as well as the American medium line.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #621 on: November 30, 2010, 07:08:10 PM

You can have a lot of fun in the panther or t-44 if you in a full platoon using  team speak, but being solo in a match can truly suck. 
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #622 on: December 02, 2010, 03:22:49 PM

I rather enjoy vk36 as far as the medium go. It's awfully sluggish (just slightly less than a Hetzer) but --unlike pz4 for which i didn't want to use the second turret-- with 8.8 cm gun it can reliably penetrate and hurt anything the match maker throws at it, except for is 4 and maus. But maus at this tier happens once in blue moon and can always switch to HE ammo then. Also unlike pz4 it doesn't die in one hit most of the time, and you also get decent number of matches where you're in upper half of the ladder instead on the rock bottom.

Can see how it'd get much more annoying at higher tiers, though.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #623 on: December 04, 2010, 03:05:11 AM

If anyone is looking for some comedy ganking in fights while waiting for the soft-wipe: AT-1 + 76mm gun + HE ammo + 100% gunner = Explode almost every tank (in the battles you'll be put in) in one shot.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #624 on: December 04, 2010, 03:32:15 AM

If anyone is looking for some comedy ganking in fights while waiting for the soft-wipe: AT-1 + 76mm gun + HE ammo + 100% gunner = Explode almost every tank (in the battles you'll be put in) in one shot.

Softwipe? They said anything about that yet?

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #625 on: December 04, 2010, 09:28:05 AM

Hey, I got a question on this game.  Every screen shot I see is a third-person outside view.   Do you play in this view? Or have an internal gunner/driver view?
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #626 on: December 04, 2010, 09:34:51 AM

You can zoom in to have a 'First Person' view, and its needed for sniping long distance targets or precision hits on a tank. For driving and general shooting I stay in the outside view.

FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #627 on: December 05, 2010, 01:12:10 AM

Hit shift for a gunners view, it's useful for hitting tanks in specific places, tracks, soft spots, etc.

Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #628 on: December 05, 2010, 07:19:45 AM

T57's are insane. TD with SPG aimming abilities and a HUGE transverse. One shot pretty much anything you'll be put into battle with, take a good amount of punishment yourself, thick front armor, and 40mph topspeed. Wreck house. I bet they get nerfed to hell.

EvE: Caern Robillard | Cua D'Mon
Steam Profile
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #629 on: December 05, 2010, 10:19:43 AM

what's this that I hear of a soft wipe? I checked the boards, didn't see anything.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: