Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:58:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1097399 times)
snowwy
Terracotta Army

Reply #525 on: October 07, 2010, 02:27:43 PM

2500 gold is about $10.00 and that gives you a month of premium. So about $4.00 for 1000 gold I think.

This is the excact price on russian release as of now. And yes Engels, it is quite irresistable when you're a few 100k short of next tank. Cost me 30 bucks so far i reckon. Yay for instant gratification
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #526 on: October 07, 2010, 06:56:17 PM

Pz4+105mm+HE=lol.

Most people use autotargeting, so the 120mm frontal armour in the turret is nice.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #527 on: October 09, 2010, 09:08:43 AM

Had some platoon fun last night with Engels. As if I weren't enjoying the game enough, it gets 5 times better if you are in a platoon and actually playing with some sense instead of just smelling the enemy and shooting. I can foresee intense "guild" action coming up with release and the war additions. On a sidenote, few other games make you feel the satisfaction of an upgrade as this one. Just mounted a new big slow cannon on my SU-100 and suddenly stuff started going boom.

Finally, gotta love light tanks battle. That was so needed. 16 vs 16 pea shooters speeding past each other and shooting like hell as we always wanted to do in EVE and PotBS but couldn't. I often have more fun in my tier2 T-26 than in the big slow tier 6 maxed out Tank Destroyer.

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #528 on: October 09, 2010, 09:15:43 AM

I gotta say Falc is one heck of a driver. He chased a Panzer V around in his silly T-26 for at least a minute before getting blowed up. He got in about 230 shots in, taking the Panther down about 4 percent. Pretty good heroic comedy.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #529 on: October 15, 2010, 08:48:08 AM

Russian CEO says, American tanks coming next week

caveat: not sure if he meant the western beta too, or just the russian one at first.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #530 on: October 15, 2010, 09:47:14 AM

I thought the russian one was live? Isn't snowwy already a paying customer?

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #531 on: October 15, 2010, 12:01:45 PM

Russian CEO says, American tanks coming next week

caveat: not sure if he meant the western beta too, or just the russian one at first.

I am assuming that this is only for Russian version.  From what I am able to tell, version 0.5.5 is coming to NA servers on the 18th.  There doesn't seem to be much included in 0.5.5 and excludes the BigWorld engine update to correct warping.

v. 0.5.5 main changes:

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #532 on: October 15, 2010, 03:09:22 PM

Yum. Highlights from that interview.

...then there are Clans, which are the top-level-organized type of gameplay -- more like 100 players in one clan.

Is that like an EVE Corporation?

Yes.

That's with the global map?

It could be global map fighting, clan versus clan championships, all sorts of PvP fighting. We have the whole ocean of opportunities in front of us, and a book this thick of game design features. This is a team philosophy game, and we are going to support that team spirit with all sorts of features, championships, leader boards, statistics -- basically it's going to be a little like a social network. People will fight, talk, split up, make alliances, back stab, all that stuff. It's so natural to the topic of World War II and EVE Online style of interaction.

They call their game "Counterstrike with tanks", but they are really aiming to EVE. Isn't that beautiful?

FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #533 on: October 15, 2010, 07:25:37 PM

I'm at a loss as to how you are going to mine an asteroid with a tank.

(sorry)

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #534 on: October 15, 2010, 08:18:19 PM

HE rounds

snowwy
Terracotta Army

Reply #535 on: October 18, 2010, 07:56:59 AM

Soooo, it seems the stats that are shown on the right side of your current tank in garage ain't what you are getting with the skills that you have, but the theoretical max with a 100% crew, rammer and ventilation added on top.
Just pasting one of the replys to a topic on the forums in spoilers..

Don't know if this is the way it was supposed to work, but there you have it......really stupid way to show stats then. No biggie, but still  swamp poop
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #536 on: October 18, 2010, 09:32:48 AM

Ya, really, that way madness lies. The importance is that all the tanks are being rated on the same scale, since its a matter of comparison. Even then, 90% of the time its about player skill rather than some stat variance between a IS-3 and a Tiger II.

Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #537 on: October 23, 2010, 03:01:12 AM

Just upgraded my ISU-152 with the Crew Ventilation and the tier 9 engine. Can go over 40km/h on flatland. Pretty bauce.

I played the new map, Cliff, for like 15 seconds. Apparently not a great map for scouts  awesome, for real
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #538 on: October 23, 2010, 04:06:20 AM

I'm 30k XP away from the ISU-152, but I gotta say I am pretty scared by the 18 traverse speed. How bad is it?

For a long time I hated the SU-152 too, and wished to go back to the SU-100. It's when I upgraded the gun and the tracks and the engine that I suddenly fell in love again. I'm afraid to get the ISU-152 and have to wait ages before it becomes a serious tank again.

Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #539 on: October 23, 2010, 04:53:44 AM

Once the engine and tracks are upgrade, which doesn't take long, it's fine.

Ever so slightly slower to turn than the SU-152, but can take ALOT more punishment and bounces alot more. Means you can snipe without being harassed by scout fire easier. I was worried when I upgraded from the SU-152 that I'd get annoyed at the grind to the larger guns, as I only have the SU-152's best gun on mine. But really it work out fine. Costs slightly more per game on repairs and ammo, but I also manage to kill alot more and normally survive matches unless my team gets steamrolled.

EvE: Caern Robillard | Cua D'Mon
Steam Profile
snowwy
Terracotta Army

Reply #540 on: October 30, 2010, 02:22:43 PM

Patch 0.6something.something is up on RU-servers.
The lag is god awful, and has all but made auto-aim useless. At least i hope it's the lag, 'cause right now auto-aim doesn't lead the target one inch.  swamp poop
Lots of new sounds to explosions and engines, no warping  awesome, for real awesome, for real .. and US-tanks  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Took my su-8 for a spin to test the new changes to artillery. If you haven't seen, 20% decrease in shell-speed and -10% accuracy. Didn't seem that different the one round i played, but noticed on other tanks that
people weren't used to longer flight-time on shells just yet. Missed a lot if you moved ever so slightly.

2 new maps....only seen the Monastery so far.....looka very much like Cliff with a town on a small hill in the middle. edit: second one is a desert-map. Had two matches in it, seems decent.

Did i mention warping tanks are gone? Huzzah! awesome, for real

US-tanks seems OK i guess. The tier X heavy, the T-30 gets a 155mm with more or less same stats as the russian 152mm BL10. Slightly less penetration and .1 more accurate.
Loads of fun to be had in tier 1-III now  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?  No TD-line as of yet though.

Driving a M2-med at the moment with a 75mm howitzer. Takes some getting used to since flight-time also increased on that. And with auto-aim out the window....... Gotta adjust a bit.

edit: Yet again the research on radios is  swamp poop  At tier II you can spend 5600xp on a tier IX radio.....which just vanishes at tier IV, or tier VII if you go medium line.
Should be a warning-text for people that never plan ahead  Ohhhhh, I see. So fine, if you go medium you can use it til tier VII, but if you go heavy you lose that radio for a shittier tier VII one. It's just....weird
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 03:59:15 PM by snowwy »
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #541 on: October 30, 2010, 04:23:00 PM

I think the light tanks get tier 9 radio because the matchmaking puts them in all battle categories (all way to tier 10 battles) since they're expected to act as scouts. The mid-tier medium tanks get put in more narrow band, plus they aren't expected to dash long ahead of their own group, so smaller radio range isn't as crucial.
Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #542 on: October 31, 2010, 09:36:42 AM

I read somewhere that Autio-aim now always tries to aim at the center of a tank and not the tower anymore. And yes, that "not leading in Auto-aim" seems to be working as intended. Learn to lead ;)

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #543 on: October 31, 2010, 09:46:28 AM

"Learn to lead" is hardcore. I think I like it, but it's gonna make the game less casual, which, in my opinion, will mean less players. Not necessarily a good thing.
Plus, seriously, if it doesn't lead targets anymore, what's the point of auto aim now?

Kodan
Terracotta Army

Reply #544 on: October 31, 2010, 10:41:09 AM

Yeah if it doesnt auto aim why even have it... Sounds like you are having to aim manually anyway.
veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #545 on: October 31, 2010, 11:36:51 AM

I played for a bit last night on the RU server. If autoaim has been changed it's not been changed that much. The server was really laggy so was using autoaim mostly and didn't notice any difference. The early US tanks are rather goofy looking but effective in game at least. I have both Tier 2 US tanks so far, but haven't tried the arty.

If anyone is interested in trying it out you can get English text for most of the UI and garage stuff really easily. Just go into your World_of_Tanks/res folder and grab the /text folder and copy it to your RU version. The only bug I encountered doing this was I could not sell tanks until I put the RU /text folder back, so I just renamed the RU version so I have it when needed. It's kind of cool to be able to read the stats of all of the US tanks etc.

Edit: If you decide to try out the RU servers, when installing RU version make sure you don't overwrite your original install.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 11:41:59 AM by veredus »
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #546 on: October 31, 2010, 12:35:40 PM

I thought autoaim was just about perfect.  Decent at longer ranges, hit & miss leading and crap for close up.  Made made manual aiming a great skill to have without being absolutely essential.  Will be a shame if they dig heels in about nerfing it.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #547 on: October 31, 2010, 01:27:50 PM

Actually, if they fix the warping issue, I may be ok with it.

Also, I don't know if you guys are talking pre-patch or post patch, but I've found auto-aim lead to be good on some tanks (Panzer V & Ferdinand) and absolutely horrid on the Tiger I & IS, even with the exact same gun equiped in the Panzer V and Tiger I. Turret speed could have something to do with it, I suppose, but a long distance shot from a Ferdy on a moving tank will hit half the time, whereas in the Tiger I, I might as well shoot in the air.

snowwy
Terracotta Army

Reply #548 on: October 31, 2010, 03:58:14 PM

Driving a M3 Lee now. Like driving a TD with a light tank mounted on top. To bad the top turret does nothing as of yet.
Dunno if it's the decrease in randomness on penetration that was patched in, or if the 75mm on this thing has way more penetration than stated. Or if it is as Bungee stated, but i'm hitting and penetratingTigers and IS' most every shot
Not bad for 92mm average pene.  It is a bit of a pain to line up though 'cause traverse ain't all that, and is just a huge cardboardbox in shape.
But a fun tank all in all. Soon at T1 heavy now, the tier V one. Shitty gun on that thing

And to Veredus. Yeah it may have been just the lag that caused it. Today it has been unplayable for me.
veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #549 on: October 31, 2010, 05:07:42 PM

I saw 25K online on the RU server today. Seriously unreal. No wonder it's lagging, but ya it was really bad today so gave up and went back to the EU beta servers.
Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #550 on: November 03, 2010, 03:31:34 PM

Just to throw it out there again:
WHY hasn't anybody come up with the very concept of WoT but instead of Tanks put in MECHWARRIORS?! It's just a match made in Heaven. It would be awesome. WHY NOT?

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #551 on: November 03, 2010, 05:39:43 PM

I suspect that despite the user simplicity of WoT, the code is actually hard to do.

Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #552 on: November 04, 2010, 07:21:02 AM

I just hope the general concept of progression by player/account rather than "toon" and the idea of a lobby with fast game matching keeps getting more popular. I liked it in League of Legends and I love it in WOT. I think in both cases, the cash shop model works well for me as a player. It doesn't feel intrusive or cheaty.

Seriously, if you aren't raiding and play WoW, you probably just keep hitting randon instances and otherwise stand like a zombie in a random spot in the city moving only to mail stuff to your bank alt, buy stuff with your tokens, and repair. Pretty much the same for COX or Anarchy Online.

I like the sandbox model of MMOs that you find in Eve, but for the "game" side of what's currently the MMO experience where it's not a sandbox, I think WOT has a better model.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #553 on: November 09, 2010, 06:37:52 AM

For the EU server, you'll be able to download the patch for the US tanks on the 11th of this month. Then start playing with them the next day.

From the forums "Projected timeline for v.0.6.1.5 at this moment:

- November 11, the update will be available for downloading prior to server update"

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/11610-beta-0615-update/

Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #554 on: November 09, 2010, 07:04:04 AM

Sweet, I have been looking forward to this patch for a while.  I am still playing at least a couple of matches nightly, but I am hitting the grind wall.  No sense at this point, in beta, to grind out the 90,000 xp for the Tiger II, or even continuing down the IS line.  Sitting with JagTiger, Tiger I, and IS at the moment and have gone down most the other lines in the past with the exception of SPGs.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #555 on: November 09, 2010, 09:18:44 AM

Yeah, I want release! I played about 700 battles and I feel bad about losing my beloved and hard-earned tanks. I am "forcing" myself to not play beta anymore and wait for the real thing, but when is it gonna be?

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #556 on: November 09, 2010, 11:29:05 AM

Is the EU server what is now hosted in the US? Or did they keep the EU servers running when they switched us 'mercuns over to the US servers?

snowwy
Terracotta Army

Reply #557 on: November 09, 2010, 02:39:48 PM

The EU-server vanished as they moved everything to the US.

edit: the 152mm on the SU-152 is great fun. One shotting KV's makes me all giggity.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #558 on: November 09, 2010, 02:45:54 PM

Had a funny battle last night. Some dillweed in a Maus starts calling some chattering Portuguese speaking players 'dirty mexicans' in chat. His own team kills him, and the very next line, he boasts,"I have fraps running, you all will be banned!".

veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #559 on: November 09, 2010, 02:46:45 PM

Is the EU server what is now hosted in the US? Or did they keep the EU servers running when they switched us 'mercuns over to the US servers?

There is talk that they will be keeping the NA server and reopening EU servers this month sometime. I just call it EU server still since this is technically the EU beta.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: