Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:04:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1092213 times)
snowwy
Terracotta Army

Reply #490 on: September 24, 2010, 04:05:40 PM

- Removed dog squeals when driving over dog booth.

:(((

Wonder if they'll fix the fact that camo-net actually makes the JagdTiger easier to spot also. Not like they give out detailed patch-notes  Ohhhhh, I see.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 04:07:50 PM by snowwy »
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #491 on: September 24, 2010, 04:17:35 PM

Hurrah, now everyone can see how obsolete US tank strategy was in WW2!
I really hope one of the Sherman upgrades is basically the Sherman Firefly otherwise they're just going to be fodder.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #492 on: September 24, 2010, 05:09:01 PM

From what I understand, there are various tanks in the USSR and German tree that weren't actually part of WW2. Apparently neither the IS-7 or the IS-4 never saw any action, for instance. This is 4rth hand knowledge so don't go all WW2 History Channel nerd on me if I'm wrong :P

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #493 on: September 25, 2010, 01:29:26 AM

From what I understand, there are various tanks in the USSR and German tree that weren't actually part of WW2. Apparently neither the IS-7 or the IS-4 never saw any action, for instance. This is 4rth hand knowledge so don't go all WW2 History Channel nerd on me if I'm wrong :P

Yeah there are lots of fantasy tanks/configs some of them existed only as prototypes and some were never build at all!. The repeatedly said they its not a  simulator, nor a realistic game . Its action game and the goal is fun and variety
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #494 on: September 26, 2010, 03:18:45 AM

The timeline is also until the end of the Korean war, not WW2. Which is tricky, for the Germans.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
kidder
Terracotta Army

Reply #495 on: September 27, 2010, 07:36:57 AM

http://www.shatteredcrystal.com/index.php/world_of_tanks

They are now giving the Valentine premium tank to NEW beta testers.  New testers will also have this tank at release.  I've never driven the tank, and do not see many of them in the game and most premium tanks I do see are really weak.  But come release this might give you an early edge over other free players.  It should also be a decent money maker.

Kidder
-I read forums.  Dur!
snowwy
Terracotta Army

Reply #496 on: September 30, 2010, 09:24:31 AM

Soooo, "upgraded" my 3002DB to a Panther, or as it should be named, Kitten. I guess it's a great tank, but i really feel like selling the damn thing.
Fully upgraded with 100% crew, 80% on repairs for 3 guys, 2 guys with 80% fire.....and i swear, it's like i GAINED 80% ability to catch fire.
This thing is a tracked bomb waiting to blow up. And modules.....sweet jeebus. I could have had repair-kits on a 10 second recharge, and it would still not help one damn bit.
Everything breaks, constantly. A stray shot from a A-20? Oh, there goes the turret-controls. Heavy hittters? Haha, you just lost at least 2 components. Ze german engineers must have been on a mighty opium-high building this damn thing.
At least i now know not to go that path comes release
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #497 on: September 30, 2010, 01:59:27 PM

Really, that bad? My fave tank so far is the Panther V. Its expensive to repair, so I don't take it out as much as I'd like, but as for greatest punch combined with agility, it is the best in the German line, no question. Jury's still out on whether its better than the T-44. I took two of those guys out with my Panther the other night. The fuckers are so cocky.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #498 on: September 30, 2010, 03:49:40 PM

I just sold my Panther since don't play it anymore really and making room for US tank tree. Really liked it though and never had any more module/fire issues with it then any of my other higher tier tanks. It seems to me once in higher tier tanks you get shot a lot more by HE rounds which will cause more module damages. My IS and Tiger II have the same issue really. Also I got my Panther as a fully upgraded killing machine after the soft wipe though so no idea how bad the stock one is. Plus some stock tanks are definitely more painful to upgrade then others and I have heard the Panther can be one of the more painful.

But ya, T-44s. No tank I like to blow up more then those cocky fuckers. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #499 on: October 01, 2010, 12:13:10 AM

When is the next tank tree roughly supposed to be implemented? The US being the first one?

veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #500 on: October 01, 2010, 06:39:29 AM

3-4 weeks still probably.
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #501 on: October 01, 2010, 08:01:01 AM

It seems to me once in higher tier tanks you get shot a lot more by HE rounds which will cause more module damages.

When facing any tank about two tiers ahead of me, I pretty much exclusively use HE rounds.  Otherwise it's tough to consistently penetrate.
snowwy
Terracotta Army

Reply #502 on: October 01, 2010, 08:06:16 AM

Really, that bad? My fave tank so far is the Panther V. Its expensive to repair, so I don't take it out as much as I'd like, but as for greatest punch combined with agility, it is the best in the German line, no question. Jury's still out on whether its better than the T-44. I took two of those guys out with my Panther the other night. The fuckers are so cocky.

I may have driven heavies to much, and i hear the t-44 is as bad. On my IS-3 i lose the gun and the engine every now and then, and i never had an issue with this on the 3002DB either.  So it's just weird. On the off.forum it seems the majority have the same experience as me, and then there's some that claim to never get burnt to dust. And yes, the repair-cost on the thing are "how much?? You kidding?" ,to balance the cheap ammo i reckon.

edit: just caught fire yet AGAIN.... a frontal shot from a Tiger torched me, fire was put out but i lost every single module on that one shot......yay!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 11:11:36 AM by snowwy »
veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #503 on: October 01, 2010, 01:23:56 PM

Oh ya the repair cost on the Panther is stupid high. It's easier to make money in my Tiger II using the 1k a pop rounds.
snowwy
Terracotta Army

Reply #504 on: October 01, 2010, 01:44:05 PM

So I changed paths yet again...or rather, went back to my old love, the german TD-line. Using the panther for some free-xp transfers, and bought a LOLHetzer with the 105mm. At least i'm laughing while i shoot n'scoot instead of gnashing my teeth
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #505 on: October 02, 2010, 06:15:57 PM

So when facing medium+ tanks in a light tank, is it best to use HE? I'm in a PzKpfw III Ausf A with the 50mm gun.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 06:18:52 PM by FatuousTwat »

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #506 on: October 02, 2010, 07:32:49 PM

Typically, yes. But better to just avoid them in general. Scout if you can or hit them from behind when they are busy with someone else.

Some exceptions though would be like a PZIII (hit them anywhere but the turret, specially the front) or T-28. Depending on what gun you have you can fairly reliably penetrate those, specially the T-28. In my experience while HE does dmg pretty much always it doesn't hit for as much as AP does when it penetrates. So I personally prefer AP when appropriate but there are lots of people who use only HE. HE also a lot more likely to do module dmg.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #507 on: October 02, 2010, 08:47:34 PM

I'm now in a PZIII, but I can't seem to transfer any more xp from my Ausf A to free xp? I have gold, but don't have an option to do it anymore.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #508 on: October 02, 2010, 09:01:57 PM

Transfer from the tank is only possible after you research/unlock all upgrades for it (get it the "elite" class)

Alternatively, maybe you checked the "speed up crew training" option by accident and your tank is spending all new xp on the crew so you have nothing to transfer?
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #509 on: October 02, 2010, 09:21:16 PM

Nope, I didn't unlock one of the 20mm guns, whoops.

Edit: Do you guys have better luck with the 75mm or the 50mm on the PKIII? The 50mm seems to be able to actually penetrate (unlike the 75), but I have to hit someone 5 or 6 times to kill them.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 05:00:35 PM by FatuousTwat »

tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #510 on: October 03, 2010, 06:47:52 PM

I prefer the 5cm one -- the damage per shot is less but the reload is faster making the dps on 5cm slightly higher, plus both the penetration and accuracy are better making it easier to actually score hits that sting and play a sniper if you feel like it. 5 cm also weights tiny bit less which may have some impact on speed/acceleration, not sure.
veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #511 on: October 03, 2010, 08:42:17 PM

I prefer the 5cm also. Main reason, much easier to shoot and hit things w/o stopping.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #512 on: October 03, 2010, 10:04:22 PM

K, I had been switching back and forth, and couldn't make up my mind. 5cm rounds are slightly cheaper I think.

Is it just me or does autotarget suck? It always aims at the turret.

veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #513 on: October 04, 2010, 07:47:23 AM

Ya it always aims for the turret, which in most cases is the last place you want to hit em. Start practicing manual aiming if you haven't already, it's much more effective once you get decent at it.

I do still use auto aim though. It's great for when you need to either take a really long shot or shooting while worrying more about your driving. Or when I feel lazy, it's kind of nice for that too. It's also good for people who are still learning the basics of how to play.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #514 on: October 04, 2010, 08:05:20 AM

I loved this game since day one, but I am noticing an interest phenomenon: I am loving it more and more, day after day. I froth at the idea of new tanks and the "War" feature, and I think these Russians really pulled a huge winner here. While I am glad for them, I am even happier for myself as this seems to be the kind of game I've been looking for for a long time. Perfect for 5-10 minutes fix, with enough gameplay to keep me and friends enterrtained for long nights without worrying about any form of grind and eventually training for some casual fun competition.
Funny, while I play it, I keep asking myself how many million times better EVE would be with a combat even remotely similar to WoT's. Conversely, I wonder how many million times better WoT would be if they could paste a real persistent and open world and economy around it. Maybe in a mech universe.

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #515 on: October 04, 2010, 08:44:38 AM

I've had thoughts like that too, but at the same time, I'm a big proponent of the 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' philosophy, so I sorta don't want things to be changed too much.

I LIKE that I don't have to worry about an 'economy' or a marketplace or an auction house or the fuckin' East Commons.

That said, I thought it would be cool if there were a country-based campaign going on, where individual battle outcomes represented occupation of a hex on a map. The admins could manage the campaign, and you could see how your particular fight determined the takeover of one of the hex on a map.

Of course, that might bring out some pretty salient balance issues. I think its clear that the devs think Russian tanks were the absolute shit :)

Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #516 on: October 04, 2010, 11:27:44 AM

K, I had been switching back and forth, and couldn't make up my mind. 5cm rounds are slightly cheaper I think.

Is it just me or does autotarget suck? It always aims at the turret.

Having driven a jagpanther for a while, the auto aim works very much against you.  You will notice many tanks knocking out your gun consistently as auto-aim from the front is the perfect spot for disabling.
snowwy
Terracotta Army

Reply #517 on: October 04, 2010, 11:50:06 AM

It seems to me that they're not gonna re-balance anything until they put in the missing tanks from the tech-trees. The german E-series looks interesting, but........i really wonder how they are gonna balance a russian tier 9 TD in this mix? The ISU-152 already two-shoots most anything out there....and then they get a better one?  ACK!
Or maybe the american tree is gonna be the counter to the russian onslaught.

fake edit: finally sold my Panther. Premium ran out and i had several rounds where i gained 14k and had 16k repairs, since the damn thing always blow up. Bought back my Hummel instead, it's like a cash-machine. 30k + after repairs and ammo happens frequently
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #518 on: October 04, 2010, 02:03:02 PM

I loved this game since day one, but I am noticing an interest phenomenon: I am loving it more and more, day after day. I froth at the idea of new tanks and the "War" feature, and I think these Russians really pulled a huge winner here. While I am glad for them, I am even happier for myself as this seems to be the kind of game I've been looking for for a long time. Perfect for 5-10 minutes fix, with enough gameplay to keep me and friends enterrtained for long nights without worrying about any form of grind and eventually training for some casual fun competition.

I've only been playing for a few days, but this sums it up for me nicely.

Is there an f13 platoon running that I could be invited to?

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #519 on: October 04, 2010, 03:13:37 PM

Well, we have a channel called Bat Country, formed by yours truly. However, not seen many folks in it of late. Did someone create a new channel out there? Maybe we should redo it anyway, since I think we have odd lurkers that may not be f13ers. Not sure -why- someone would hang out in a channel and never say anything ever, but there you are.

veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #520 on: October 04, 2010, 08:21:51 PM

School started so I haven't been in the channel much since I usually have been playing a round or two then work on homework for awhile etc. If you make a new channel let me know though.
Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #521 on: October 07, 2010, 01:34:34 AM

Anybody knows how much like 1k Gold cost in the russian release?

Heart this game. Seriously. Play 2-3 Matches and continue with homework. AWESOME!

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #522 on: October 07, 2010, 01:52:30 AM

I dream its sounds. "We just dinged them!". And yesterday I started seeing tanks instead of cars in the street.

"Let's get the show on the road!"

veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #523 on: October 07, 2010, 06:40:01 AM

Anybody knows how much like 1k Gold cost in the russian release?

Heart this game. Seriously. Play 2-3 Matches and continue with homework. AWESOME!

2500 gold is about $10.00 and that gives you a month of premium. So about $4.00 for 1000 gold I think.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #524 on: October 07, 2010, 07:46:39 AM

Arg!! Just high enough to make me wince and feel utterly foolish for spending money to advance more quickly, just low enough to know its going to be nearly irresistible.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: