Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 04:50:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1116886 times)
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4585 on: April 10, 2014, 11:54:07 AM

I have a love/hate relationship with events like these.  Sadly, I will be out of town on Saturday.  I will catass for life on Friday and Sunday though.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #4586 on: April 10, 2014, 04:23:00 PM

Time to break out my finest sealclubbing tools and panzer vor!

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4587 on: April 10, 2014, 05:53:57 PM

New Password event.  Even if you got gold for changing your password in the past, changing it again will net you 300 free gold.

Worked for me 10 mins ago. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #4588 on: April 10, 2014, 07:59:34 PM

I just changed my passwords, and got 300 gold.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #4589 on: April 12, 2014, 12:17:06 AM

Just going to leave this here...for the laughs.

http://wotreplays.com/site/765340#airfield-strazos-m36_slugger

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4590 on: April 12, 2014, 03:50:00 PM

In a twist of bizarre, they started a week-long advertising promotion with the rock station here in Cincinnati today. 

http://www.purerock96.com/common/page.php?pt=Put+Gas+in+your+Tank+from+World+of+Tanks+and+96ROCK!&id=3613&is_corp=0

There's a promo code but it doesn't work with existing accounts.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #4591 on: April 13, 2014, 06:28:15 PM

In a twist of bizarre, they started a week-long advertising promotion with the rock station here in Cincinnati today. 

http://www.purerock96.com/common/page.php?pt=Put+Gas+in+your+Tank+from+World+of+Tanks+and+96ROCK!&id=3613&is_corp=0

There's a promo code but it doesn't work with existing accounts.

That is bizarre. Only in Ohio...

In actual game news my seven year old made an account last Friday morning and was banned for 72 hours by dinner time for TKing. I thought he might have done it on accident since I have an overly complicated mouse, but he said he did it because the other players kept killing the tanks he was shooting at. I love my boy...

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4592 on: April 13, 2014, 07:15:45 PM

WoT 3rd Anniversary Weekend

While these specials do indeed bring out the especially terrible players, there are so many perks and earnables that I will have to catass the weekend away. Nice to see they are actually giving away gold and premium time instead of credits.

Also- due to the OpenSSL/Heartbleed fiasco, you will earn 300 gold for changing your password.

I tried to play a few games this weekend but after about 5 or so I gave up because of the stupidity of the other players.  Seriously, its the hordes of mouth breathing retards that infest this game that is the main reason I don't play that much anymore.  Bad players are the #1 problem with this game right now.  I refuse to play a game that just makes me frustrated and hate other people.
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #4593 on: April 13, 2014, 08:49:56 PM

I usually have horrible losing streaks during these multi-x events.  But this weekend was perhaps the best weekend of Tanks I have ever played.  At times it seemed like I could not lose.
WayAbvPar

Reply #4594 on: April 14, 2014, 08:29:18 AM

I had a rough weekend too. Left numerous tanks without 5x because I just couldn't stand the godawful teams I was getting saddled with.

Picked up the toaster, the Nashorn, and the Marder 38T to grind the WTF 100 event. First game back in the toaster turned out pretty well.

Victory!
Map: Murovanka

Pz.Sfl. IVc

Exp.: 3,230  (x2)  57,240 

Repairs: 1,204   
     Ammo: 43,364   

Total: 12,672    Crew Exp.: 4,845 
  Top Gun, High Caliber, Tank Sniper, Radley-Walters's Medal, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

I think this is going to be a fun 2 weeks  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4595 on: April 14, 2014, 02:53:27 PM

I couldn't bring myself to do the last one. But this line is fun the whole way for the most part.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4596 on: April 14, 2014, 06:33:11 PM

These tanks are ridiculously OP.

First game in the Marder II

Victory!
Battle: Winter Himmelsdorf 4/14/2014 8:25:45 PM
Vehicle: Marder II
Experience received: 2,570 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 28,620
Battle achievements: Master Gunner, Sharpshooter, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

~1000 damage in a tier 3.

-  Mark Twain
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #4597 on: April 15, 2014, 11:03:59 AM

I decided to have a go at the E100, so I grabbed a PanzerJag, and started grinding the German TDs.  Ended up having my best game to date in the PanzerJag.  8 kills and 1050 dmg.  I've not had quite as much luck with the Marder II, sadly.  Just got the Hetzer last night, so we'll see how that goes this evening.

Here's a dumb question:  would it be better to grind out the xp to get each crew to 100% and transfer them to the next tank, or just get the next tier, and start over with a new crew, given I'm not using gold to boost the crews to 100%?

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
WayAbvPar

Reply #4598 on: April 15, 2014, 02:19:20 PM

At around tier 4 (and higher) the crews start hanging around long enough to make training them in the next higher tank worthwhile. If you don't want to use gold to retrain or recruit, it might take until tier 5 (since you can only start with 75% crew without gold, and credit retraining will knock 10% off of them, so you would have to have a crew you ground from 75% to at least 86% to make it worthwhile. Tough to do at tier 4 unless you really like the tank and play it elited a bunch).

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4599 on: April 16, 2014, 07:45:24 AM

As much as I hate being bottom tier, I'm glad that they finally addressed this.

Storm explains why the tier table was removed from the battle queue screen:

“Some guys wrote a mod, that analyzed the data from this table and allowed players to enter the battle at those times, where the chance to end up as a top tank was highest. This chance was made seriously higher. In order to fight this mod, we decided to disable the transfer of this data to the client. I didn’t post this earlier not to bring attention to this mod.”

-  Mark Twain
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #4600 on: April 16, 2014, 07:49:46 AM

I tried to play a few games this weekend but after about 5 or so I gave up because of the stupidity of the other players.  Seriously, its the hordes of mouth breathing retards that infest this game that is the main reason I don't play that much anymore.  Bad players are the #1 problem with this game right now.  I refuse to play a game that just makes me frustrated and hate other people.

As a very occasional player, any tutorial pages or videos you'd particular recommend to avoid being that complete moron?

Particularly where to go for what on the maps? I felt like I had a vague concept of that in beta and early release, but the maps have changed or at least they look different :)

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4601 on: April 16, 2014, 07:57:12 AM

As a very occasional player, any tutorial pages or videos you'd particular recommend to avoid being that complete moron?

Particularly where to go for what on the maps? I felt like I had a vague concept of that in beta and early release, but the maps have changed or at least they look different :)

Try Lert's guides to tanking.

I'd also recommend watching Quickybaby's Twitch Stream or platooning with someone that knows the game. 

Abagadro, Furiously, Engles, and Wayabvpar have helped me improve a lot by platooning with them.

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #4602 on: April 16, 2014, 11:40:34 AM

Stealing this from SA (originally stolen from FTR)

- TD camouflage bonus after shooting will be removed (SS: currently, when shooting, TD’s don’t lose as much camo as other classes, this will be a nasty nerf especially to very fragile TD’s with big guns, such as the Borsig and WT Panzer IV)
- some light tanks will be buffed (at the very least, MT-25 and VK2801), MT-25 should be buffed approximately to the old T-50-2 level
- tier 4+ light tanks will have their MM tier spread reduced (there will be exceptions for certain vehicles)
- 12 of the worst tanks (statistically) will be buffed and 8 of the best will be nerfed

From the discussion:

- Veider states that the camo issue concerns all TD’s, they are too stealthy, this is caused a lot by the TD stealth bonuses
- after the nerf, TD’s without armor will have to keep more distance from their targets
- the list of “good” and “bad” tanks will not be disclosed now
- Aufklärungspanzer Panther will not be rebalanced in 9.1, but later
- Tiger I will be nerfed a bit
- rear-turret VK4502B will not be buffed or nerfed
- improved anti-aliasing will come until the end of the year along with Dx11 support
- Tortoise is slightly OP, but the armor change (nerf) in 9.0 will have some effect, if it’s not enough, it will be nerfed
- FV 215b (183) is apparently doing fine
- rebalance is not based only on winrate

- FV4202, KV-5, IS-7 and T-34-3 are not on the list, T57 Heavy will also not be nerfed, Object 430 will not be buffed
- Churchill Gun Carrier is actually suddenly doing really fine statistically, one of the best vehicles on its tier WHAT
- Storm confirms that WoT will transfer to Dx11
- it’s possible (SS: as in NOT certain) that WT E-100 will be nerfed (“he stands out but only a little”)
- “unfortunately, only few HD tanks will appear in 9.1 – which, I will tell later”
- there is nop need to buff British heavies, they are fine apart from tier 10
- KV-1S will not be nerfed in 9.1, but later
- KV-1 and KV-1S will not be united into a single tank
- Storm confirms that LT’s will be buffed by decreasing their maximum battletier
- for now it was not decided whether to nerf E-25
- it’s unfortunately not possible to buff A-32′s gold penetration
- Wargaming is not using winrate as the main balance method anymore apparently
- apparently, the list of tanks to nerf contains “pedobear” tanks (T18 and T40 for example) as well
- currently, developers are collecting detailed data on the performance of gold shells – after that, it will be decided whether to do something about them and what
- T-34-3 is “a good vehicle in the right hands”
- no plans to implement the possibility of players to save their own graphic settings presets
- for now, in 9.1, the base camo coefficient for TD’s won’t be touched

Lots of stuff there. Rhm needs a nerf, but I will be sad to lose my cloaking device  Heartbreak

I might have to re-purchase the MT 25 if it is useful post patch. It is a giant piece of shit right now. Especially when compared to the tank it replaced. 50-2 was SO FUN!

Glad the E25 isn't getting nerfed yet. I am using it to grind another decent crew for my German TDs so I can keep my current crew in my Rhm. Of course, if this patch really ruins the Rhm I might not bother keeping it.

Good to hear they are looking at the seal clubbing tanks. I ran the T40 a bunch during the E3 on track event and it was bullshit  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #4603 on: April 16, 2014, 01:14:03 PM

- apparently, the list of tanks to nerf contains “pedobear” tanks (T18 and T40 for example) as well
Wargaming calling seal-clubbers  this guy looks legit is amusing.
Also: T18 nerf? Long overdue.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4604 on: April 16, 2014, 07:46:56 PM

Weren't these split a little less than a year ago?

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4605 on: April 16, 2014, 07:59:04 PM

Weren't these split a little less than a year ago?

Old KV,Tier 5, got split into KV-1, T5, and KV-2, T6.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #4606 on: April 17, 2014, 11:09:35 AM

BTW, the T7 combat car is a lot more fun now.
Also the babby StuG seems interesting.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4607 on: April 17, 2014, 11:51:40 AM

Apparently several tier 5 & 6 tanks are causing crashes for some people.  Hellcat, M4, PZ4, and FV304 are on the list. 

From FTR:
Hello everyone,
for those, who didn’t notice this yet. Patch 9.0 came with a very nasty bug – when playing (specifically) M18 Hellcat, the game crashes in battle from time to time. The existence of this bug was confirmed by numerous WG staff posts, for example here. Developers are aware of this issue and according to Wargaming info, they are working on a hotfix (for this issue only, not for FPS drops).

Reported as happeneing with the Following tanks as well as in Historical Battles, Also reported CTD when switching view to another tank on death:
PzIV H, FV304, M4 Sherman, Elc Amx, Covenanter,T1 Heavy, Nashorn,T49,M8A1, SU-85B, GWPanther, E-25, Stug (tier 5), KV-2, Marder 38T, Pz.Sfl. IVc, Ram II,Su-100, M7 Priest, M41, PZ1-C, Maus, T34, Type 59, Tier 9 FV arty, BC - tier 10 arty

Rumored....Bishop

-  Mark Twain
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #4608 on: April 17, 2014, 12:26:46 PM

Also, if you feel comfortable with it, look us up in game. Aba, Katiri, Nebu Strazos and I are nearly always on in the evenings/night, and I'd  be delighted to toon up with you. We do use TeamSpeak, so if that gives you the heebies, that's an issue, since I'm not keen on typing in chat much!

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
WayAbvPar

Reply #4609 on: April 17, 2014, 01:32:23 PM

Apparently several tier 5 & 6 tanks are causing crashes for some people.  Hellcat, M4, PZ4, and FV304 are on the list.  

From FTR:
Hello everyone,
for those, who didn’t notice this yet. Patch 9.0 came with a very nasty bug – when playing (specifically) M18 Hellcat, the game crashes in battle from time to time. The existence of this bug was confirmed by numerous WG staff posts, for example here. Developers are aware of this issue and according to Wargaming info, they are working on a hotfix (for this issue only, not for FPS drops).

Reported as happeneing with the Following tanks as well as in Historical Battles, Also reported CTD when switching view to another tank on death:
PzIV H, FV304, M4 Sherman, Elc Amx, Covenanter,T1 Heavy, Nashorn,T49,M8A1, SU-85B, GWPanther, E-25, Stug (tier 5), KV-2, Marder 38T, Pz.Sfl. IVc, Ram II,Su-100, M7 Priest, M41, PZ1-C, Maus, T34, Type 59, Tier 9 FV arty, BC - tier 10 arty

Rumored....Bishop

So they will have to hotfix or send another patch, which will break all the 9.0- compatible mods again, I bet. The bastards.

And Engels left me off his list of regular players  Sad Panda

Probably because the only thing you can learn from me is where not to go on maps and how to place maximum blame on your teammates and avoid it yourself (if only in your mind)!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 01:34:07 PM by WayAbvPar »

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #4610 on: April 17, 2014, 02:06:51 PM

If you do get in a platoon, remember when you die early to stick around and watch the game pan out. Don't immediately pop back to the garage. Early stages of playing I learned a ton from watching games pan out and seeing better players in action.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #4611 on: April 17, 2014, 02:25:10 PM

I didn't forget you Way, I just didn't want to scare Numtini off. awesome, for real

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
WayAbvPar

Reply #4612 on: April 17, 2014, 02:52:52 PM

I am just a big teddy bear with a hair trigger temper and an exceptionally foul mouth.

Someone in the goon thread mentioned using This to organize/enable mods. Anyone have any experience with it? I have been using the OMC pack, but this looks like it might be easier, at least once you track all the mods down.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4613 on: April 17, 2014, 03:07:40 PM

I played like 12 games and probably crashed out in half of them. Even got ace in one.  I hope they patch soon.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4614 on: April 17, 2014, 03:30:51 PM

I played like 12 games and probably crashed out in half of them. Even got ace in one.  I hope they patch soon.

Had zero issues.  I wonder if it's hardware/OS/Driver related.

-  Mark Twain
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4615 on: April 17, 2014, 04:04:38 PM

I'm sure it's a nvidia thing.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4616 on: April 17, 2014, 04:14:50 PM

I'm sure it's a nvidia thing.

I have an Nvidia card (GTX 760) and Nvidia drivers.  So no idea.

I did a fresh install after 8.11.  Wonder if that helped.

-  Mark Twain
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4617 on: April 18, 2014, 01:28:51 AM

Why is this piece of shit game so addictive? (I might be drunk).

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #4618 on: April 18, 2014, 02:14:59 AM

Because of pew-pew-blam (also drunk).

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4619 on: April 18, 2014, 06:59:20 AM

I must have been really wasted... Noobmeter shows that I played 212 games on the Pz IV Ausf. H. 

I don't even own one. 

NOTE: NO, I wasn't wasted... just playing poorly.

-  Mark Twain
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: