Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 09:21:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1104705 times)
Mortriden
Terracotta Army

Reply #4550 on: March 17, 2014, 09:02:11 AM

Haven't played in a while, but my impression of the Lowe is pretty close to Bob's.  

It has an incredible cannon, my 'toonmates and I joke that it fires teleport shells.  You only need to lead the target on those annoying scout tanks.  The accuracy is also quite impressive.  But, it's got some flaws.  Front mounted transmission means engine fires are a close friend, mammoth size means you're not going to be difficult to see, trudging speed means you can only exploit the largest of gaps.  Bonus fun is your weight is staggering, if you do manage to ram anything (hills help) you ruin them.  The theory is that the tank weighs 100 tons due to the credit printing press in the back and the 17 guys to run it.  Provided you don't fire a lot of Premium Shells through it, you will ALWAYS make a profit and 80k games are not uncommon.  

I enjoyed mine a lot.  You'll get made fun of constantly, but... meh, that this tanks lot in life now.  It's an incredible training tank for German Heavy's as well.  

It's like calling shenanigans.  But you say "jihad" instead. - Llava
They are out there, but they are bi-products of funny families. If you know funny old people, see if they have daughters. -Paelos
Yes my seed is that strong. I literally clap my hands and women are with child. -Paelos
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4551 on: March 17, 2014, 01:10:53 PM

Just when you start hating the game and the crappy teams you get. You get a team that comes at you one at a time and lets you destroy them.

Vehicle: KV-1
Experience received: 2,093
Credits received: 59,298
Battle achievements: Top Gun, Steel Wall, High Caliber, Cool-Headed, Mastery Badge: "1st Class"

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4552 on: March 17, 2014, 01:32:26 PM

Just when you start hating the game and the crappy teams you get. You get a team that comes at you one at a time and lets you destroy them.

Experience received: 2,093
Credits received: 59,298
Battle achievements: Top Gun, Steel Wall, High Caliber, Cool-Headed, Mastery Badge: "1st Class"

Don't carry too hard.  I need you to have a fresh back for when I log on and you carry me!

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4553 on: March 17, 2014, 01:53:56 PM

I'm saving tonight for IS-4 line grinding.

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #4554 on: March 17, 2014, 07:50:37 PM

FYI I can confirm that the Lowe is not preferential. In a tier 10 match solo as we speak.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4555 on: March 18, 2014, 02:16:03 PM

I'm having way too much fun clubbing with the KV-1...

Experience received: 2,412
Credits received: 67,492
Battle achievements: Steel Wall, Top Gun, High Caliber, Master Gunner, Sharpshooter, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Mission completed! Reward:
Added: Automatic Fire Extinguisher (x5)

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #4556 on: March 18, 2014, 02:32:10 PM

Got everyone from here added on my list.  I'll be slogging around with my tier 5's.  With my playing schedule looks like it will be awhile before I get into 6's even.  I must be a bit of masochist since I got elite on that crap M3 Lee.  And after that I did the same with SAU 40.
It leads to all kind of good tanks. The M3 Lee is also the most underrated tank destroyer in the whole game  why so serious?
WG should add this "camo" for the Lee:

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #4557 on: March 18, 2014, 03:29:00 PM

I'd drive that.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #4558 on: March 19, 2014, 05:37:42 PM

I'm having a grand time in my bathtub of doom.  All that and I was still one shot away from the win. 

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4559 on: March 20, 2014, 12:59:04 AM

I had a horrid morning of solo pubbing.  Then I joined Way and it got even worse. He quit at MM fuckery and I took a 5 minute break to deal with my 33% winrate for the day.

Then I joined Nebu. We had some decent games. And a couple stellar ones.

http://wotreplays.com/site/701847#murovanka-katiri-kv-1 Is the one I was most proud of. (Mostly because how hard Nebu and I carried.)

Then he left and Aba and Engles and I had three hours of non-stop winning. It was nice after the morning of endless losses and draws.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4560 on: March 20, 2014, 06:45:52 AM

Then he left and Aba and Engles and I had three hours of non-stop winning. It was nice after the morning of endless losses and draws.

I knew I should have pulled an all-nighter.  

Great game by the way.  

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #4561 on: March 20, 2014, 06:54:38 AM

Mobile version of WoT is entering closed beta.  It will be a stand alone game and will not share Premium Time or Gold with your WoT/WoWP account, but it will share your wargaming.net account.  The beta signup is here http://wotblitz.com/ First round will be focusing on IOS devices (essentially IPAD II ) so if you are android only it will be a while.  I signed up, but I don't know that I will find it compelling enough to grind up the same tanks I already have using clunkier controls.  But I am interested to see the mechanics of crew and module management, apparently they will be quite different than the PC version.
WayAbvPar

Reply #4562 on: March 20, 2014, 07:17:04 AM

How you know you play too many video games-
After tanks broke my spirit for the night, I played D3 for an hour or so, then went to bed, watch some soccer, and finally fell asleep. And dreamed that I got a super rare recipe drop in Diablo III- for a Batchat BPC. Pretty sure I am running a fever, because otherwise WTF.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #4563 on: March 21, 2014, 01:08:53 PM

Mobile version of WoT is entering closed beta.  It will be a stand alone game and will not share Premium Time or Gold with your WoT/WoWP account, but it will share your wargaming.net account.  The beta signup is here http://wotblitz.com/ First round will be focusing on IOS devices (essentially IPAD II ) so if you are android only it will be a while.  I signed up, but I don't know that I will find it compelling enough to grind up the same tanks I already have using clunkier controls.  But I am interested to see the mechanics of crew and module management, apparently they will be quite different than the PC version.
If I had money, I'd quite a fair amount on that the final "gameplay" will look nothing like that promo video.  awesome, for real

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #4564 on: March 22, 2014, 04:55:24 PM

I loaded up the 9.0 test client to try out Historical battles.  Right now they are horribly unbalanced.  It is nice to be able to pick your map, but right now everyone is trying to play the german side so if you have a German vehicle queued you end up queuing forever but when you do get a nearly guaranteed win.  Soviet/US vehicles get nearly instant action but your odds of winning suck.  What it seems to boil down to is that a team made of Tigers, Tiger IIs, Panthers and Ferdinands will just curb stomp any team the other side is likely to field.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4565 on: March 22, 2014, 09:02:54 PM

How surprising given how balanced the German line is in the traditional game.  Ohhhhh, I see.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #4566 on: March 23, 2014, 01:51:35 PM

God damn it now I want a Luchs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5zW9ihXf-4

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
WayAbvPar

Reply #4567 on: March 23, 2014, 07:07:42 PM

So, apparently the TK rules are much tighter now. I tried to encourage one of my less helpful teammates with a few shots from my KV4 and got a 1 hour ban for it. Very disappointing.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
WayAbvPar

Reply #4568 on: March 24, 2014, 01:18:53 PM

*Creates mission where arty has to finish in the top 10 5 times*
*Puts the most arty-unfriendly maps in creation into the map rotation for the day*
*Is WarGaming*

Sigh.

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #4569 on: March 24, 2014, 06:14:45 PM

Arty-unfriendly maps? Does not compute: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm2yE5fIa60

Even when actually used as arty, the FV304 (and Bishop, when using the same gun) doesn't so much have a firing arc as an orbital strike - the parabola is so tight that most shots end up going straight down onto the target.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4570 on: March 25, 2014, 12:28:03 AM

Nebu and I are amazing!

http://wotreplays.com/site/716414#el_halluf-katiri-kv-1

Granted the other team just kept walking into my shells.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 12:32:47 AM by Furiously »

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4571 on: March 25, 2014, 12:30:47 AM

Nebu and I are Furiously is amazing!

FIFY

Amazing game.  You did some work. 

-  Mark Twain
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4572 on: March 25, 2014, 12:33:22 AM

Nebu and I are Furiously is amazing!

FIFY

Amazing game.  You did some work.  

You saved the game with a reset! And got us the crucial contribution! It's a team effort. Sometimes the team is a matilda that just caps, a T-25 that drives across the map 4 times and a KV-1 that got REALLY lucky.

WayAbvPar

Reply #4573 on: March 25, 2014, 08:37:22 AM

Nice work!

How the hell do you play with your minimap that small? That was tilting the hell out of me! Also, I never use the auto-aim...I may have to try that against easily pennable tanks when I am on the move. I always forget about it.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #4574 on: March 29, 2014, 06:36:07 PM

Heh. Bought the S35 because it was on sale. In tier 3 games it is hilarious.

EDIT: Just played one on El-Haluf in my Conquerer GC and there was a -J- on the other team. He went A-2 and went up on the upper ridge in his 50b.  I one shot him.  why so serious?  One of the better games I've ever had in it. 7k dmg and 5 kills. Still only good for a 1st mastery badge. Freaking xp splitting.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 07:59:31 PM by Abagadro »

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #4575 on: March 31, 2014, 02:27:50 AM

Finally finished the IS-4 mission. Feel like I just gave birth. Stupid thing is I already had a C3, so I just got gold. And spent most of it already retraining my 704 and Black Prince crews  awesome, for real

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4576 on: March 31, 2014, 11:32:04 AM

I bought the Wolverine and T40 this morning for the next advancing up the line. The 40 is comedy in tier 3-4 matches. The shell looks like Arty. (Which it is I guess). I really do need to buy the 95 before this ends so I can get every US tank elited.

I also got my tetrarch this morning.

angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #4577 on: April 01, 2014, 10:53:27 AM

An actual April 1st event, Operation Karl or whatever. Everyone is driving a Karl Morser around a Super Mario-ish map. There's a couple of missions and whatnot.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Spatanjo

Email
Reply #4578 on: April 03, 2014, 04:26:06 AM

Admit that the most useful to others truly make people to see your website greatly.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4579 on: April 03, 2014, 06:53:30 AM

Admit that the most useful to others truly make people to see your website greatly.

Yeah... no.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 06:59:56 AM by Nebu »

-  Mark Twain
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #4580 on: April 06, 2014, 10:14:56 AM

http://wotreplays.com/site/750071#redshire-strazos-m18_hellcat

So carry.
Much win.
Wow.

(To be fair, I probably could have been more involved early in the game, though my team kind of lemming'd to its death)

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4581 on: April 09, 2014, 09:37:22 PM

FYI, if you have sold any premium tanks and you regret selling them, you now have a limited ability to get them back.  Surprisingly it doesn't cost gold, only credits.  I used it to get my Mutant 6 back.

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/19/premium-vehicle-recovery-tool/?page=1
WayAbvPar

Reply #4582 on: April 10, 2014, 09:38:42 AM

That is pretty cool. I had an M3 Light I sold before I knew what a premium tank was or how to use one effectively. Recovered.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4583 on: April 10, 2014, 10:02:08 AM

That is pretty cool. I had an M3 Light I sold before I knew what a premium tank was or how to use one effectively. Recovered.

It's a very slick system.  I got my T1E6 back yesterday while I was at work.  Logged on last night and it was in my garage.

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #4584 on: April 10, 2014, 11:14:51 AM

WoT 3rd Anniversary Weekend

While these specials do indeed bring out the especially terrible players, there are so many perks and earnables that I will have to catass the weekend away. Nice to see they are actually giving away gold and premium time instead of credits.

Also- due to the OpenSSL/Heartbleed fiasco, you will earn 300 gold for changing your password.

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: