Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 10:25:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1104731 times)
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #4270 on: December 16, 2013, 09:00:10 PM

Think Abagadro got one too....I somehow bet you get a better deal with the gold payout from the clan Engels.

Ya, managed to (thx for the FP Engels!), but was amazed I dropped 1300 spots once the missions were credited. A lot of people got pushed out.   Out of the whole campaign I think we had 5 real fights (out of dozens and dozens we did).  CW is all diplo these days.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #4271 on: December 17, 2013, 08:34:01 AM

Well, that makes me feel marginally better about my situation, but on the other hand, wtf, if that much is diplo, the mechanics are borked. I guess you can just leave it to the internet to totally game a system for mutual benefit.

In a way its hilariously awful. Imagine if Stalin and Hitler were all like, "Ok you send your tanks in, I'll let you kill us all, cept for the one, which will then finish you off. Because, you know, Fame."

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4272 on: December 17, 2013, 09:18:20 AM

Those stupid "maximize the xp" battles were actually more stressful than actual battles.  The whole campaign was a giant pain in the ass.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4273 on: December 17, 2013, 05:57:28 PM

*sigh* I caved and bought the E-25.  It's as fun as I'd expected but requires a different mindset than your standard TD.  I keep finding myself camping and then realizing "oh, shit, I can relocate and be more useful."

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4274 on: December 18, 2013, 08:19:22 AM

Started playing WoT again after a break.  If anyone wants some company in game, just send me a shout.  I'm nebu_f13.

Playing mostly tier 6-8 until I get my skills back. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #4275 on: December 18, 2013, 11:16:12 AM

*sigh* I caved and bought the E-25.  It's as fun as I'd expected but requires a different mindset than your standard TD.  I keep finding myself camping and then realizing "oh, shit, I can relocate and be more useful."

Yep- it plays more like a fast medium or an ELC. Speed around, stop and shoot some sides or asses, then run away again. It is surprisingly hard to hit on the move from any decent distance due to its pancake height.

Holiday Specials are up. Some decent stuff, but the IS-6 mission is fucking ridiculous. 100k exp x7 in some of the worst tanks in the game? Yeah, I think I will pass.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4276 on: December 18, 2013, 03:49:43 PM

I'm doing it just for shits and giggles. Not that tough if you have the tanks just doing doubles (plus 2x and 5x weekends). The tier six matches are turkey shoots.  Have had 9 kills in my ez8, TG in my Cromwell, etc etc and my 1S is a rape machine.

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #4277 on: December 18, 2013, 04:09:18 PM

I just have so many other tanks I am trying to grind that buying 5 or 6 tier 6s (and the garage slots, crews, equipment, and consumables for each) just sounds like a nightmare. And I would be seriously pissed if I came up a tiny bit short somehow.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4278 on: December 18, 2013, 04:19:05 PM

Holiday Specials are up. Some decent stuff, but the IS-6 mission is fucking ridiculous. 100k exp x7 in some of the worst tanks in the game? Yeah, I think I will pass.

I just don't play enough to bother anymore.  I do my 2x in my Su, the E25, and the Pak.  If I'm really in the mood I might pick up one on the T69 or my 110e or 103 but I just don't have the patience for more than that, much less the mission nonsense.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4279 on: December 18, 2013, 04:34:06 PM

I just have so many other tanks I am trying to grind that buying 5 or 6 tier 6s (and the garage slots, crews, equipment, and consumables for each) just sounds like a nightmare. And I would be seriously pissed if I came up a tiny bit short somehow.

Ya, a good chunk of why I am bothering is because I have basically nothing else to do in the game other than grind my T9 waffle to the T10.

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #4280 on: December 18, 2013, 04:36:01 PM

You are going to be a holy terror in the WTF. I just got into the Tier 7. Worst of the line by far.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4281 on: December 18, 2013, 07:04:24 PM

I thought the toaster was much worse.  Once you have the top gun on the Ps IV it isn't bad.

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #4282 on: December 19, 2013, 08:55:24 AM

I didn't mind the toaster. Plus it was only tier 5, so not too much of a grind to get through it.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4283 on: December 19, 2013, 10:29:56 AM

You are going to be a holy terror in the WTF. I just got into the Tier 7. Worst of the line by far.

I'm close to the tier 9 waffle, and the tier 7 was by far the worst of the line.  Gun was pretty good, esp. gun depression, but it was slow as hell with paper thin armor.  The tier 8 is much better.  I prefer using the first gun, which is the same one the ferdi and JP2 use..only on a turret attached to a low profile tank. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 04:59:32 PM by Ginaz »
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4284 on: December 20, 2013, 04:43:27 PM

In perfect WG style the 2x for wins and losses this weekend doesn't apply to the 100k combat missions even though your daily double 2x DOES count.  Feh.

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #4285 on: December 20, 2013, 09:48:53 PM

Are you serious? Wow.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4286 on: December 20, 2013, 09:52:32 PM

Yes. They even stealth edited the description.  Fucking WG.

-H.L. Mencken
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #4287 on: December 21, 2013, 08:24:22 AM

My clan mates and were laughing at the ridiculous grind for that IS-6.  With all the hours you need to grind and all the tanks you would need to get, we figured you would be better off getting a part-time job and just buying the thing.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4288 on: December 21, 2013, 09:32:57 AM

Yes.  It's $51 on sale right now. (1% off oh my!)  I'm charged out more than that for an hour of my time.  It's less than a day's work at min. wage. Not worth the grind.

WayAbvPar

Reply #4289 on: December 21, 2013, 12:27:19 PM

How to get gifted a game and a top gun in a low tier arty

Thankfully the last few tanks on their side were hilariously incompetent. Also, that arty is fucking terrible and inaccurate.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4290 on: December 21, 2013, 07:05:57 PM

Inaccurate is putting it mildly.

*I* felt rage watching that replay.  American arty just sucks that way.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #4291 on: December 22, 2013, 07:31:59 AM

Oh good, he only tank lines in the game I've played have been American.  Glad to hear Its possible to have an arty that will actually land somewhat close to where you aim.  After using only American arty, Im sure I'll destroy everything if I ever actually switch.   awesome, for real

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4292 on: December 22, 2013, 05:02:39 PM

If you haven't seen this piece on tank balance, I encourage you to read it. 

Hellcat OP as hell... who knew  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #4293 on: December 22, 2013, 05:35:57 PM

IS7 is underpowered, used to be a beast. ACK!

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4294 on: December 22, 2013, 06:38:19 PM

IS7 is underpowered, used to be a beast. ACK!

Yeah, I sold mine ages ago and picked up the E-100 in its place.  I didn't care for IS4, either.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4295 on: December 22, 2013, 11:59:28 PM

If you haven't seen this piece on tank balance, I encourage you to read it. 

Hellcat OP as hell... who knew  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I was surprised by the T-54... I expected it to be more OP.

Like the Type 59....

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4296 on: December 23, 2013, 06:43:31 AM

But but but The 59 was nerfed from what it used to be so its ok now! That's what I was constantly told by 59 drivers so it must be true.

Hic sunt dracones.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #4297 on: December 23, 2013, 06:46:51 AM

If they nerf my Hellcat, I probably will go ahead and finally uninstall the game.   awesome, for real

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
WayAbvPar

Reply #4298 on: December 23, 2013, 09:06:30 AM

Ugh it is unfuck my mods patch day. After 1 battle I declare the tier 1 Japanese tank to be utter crap. If I ever get my mods sorted I will report back in more depth  awesome, for real

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #4299 on: December 23, 2013, 10:27:56 AM

The 59 stats can probably be completely ignored due to preferential matchmaking. If I could take out my T32 in nothing higher than tier 9, my stats would be epic. I know that not everyone plays to ensure preferential matchmaking, but probably enough to make the stats misleading.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4300 on: December 23, 2013, 12:16:47 PM

Ugh it is unfuck my mods patch day. After 1 battle I declare the tier 1 Japanese tank to be utter crap. If I ever get my mods sorted I will report back in more depth  awesome, for real

I'm grinding the tier 4 japanese right now.  It's pretty meh... like the chinese line.

-  Mark Twain
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #4301 on: December 24, 2013, 05:24:46 AM

The Japanese line needs a Type 89 I-Go.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4302 on: December 24, 2013, 12:47:05 PM

Just unlocked the tier 5 japanese and I'm 0 for 9 in it.

To top things off, I even lost a match in my IS 6 where I did 5210 damage.  I can't seem to get any help in these matches. Meh.

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #4303 on: December 24, 2013, 02:20:12 PM

OTOH, I unlocked the big gun for the Pz V and can't quit winning in it. Got several top tier games in a row, and that gun is just fucking ridiculous.

Also- hearing about a bonus code for 3 days of premium- WGNY2014. Site is getting hammered so I can't confirm it yet.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4304 on: December 24, 2013, 02:50:57 PM

Also- hearing about a bonus code for 3 days of premium- WGNY2014. Site is getting hammered so I can't confirm it yet.

Tried it.  Says INCORRECT CODE

-  Mark Twain
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: