Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 02:01:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1117438 times)
WayAbvPar

Reply #4235 on: November 29, 2013, 09:58:39 PM

It doesn't matter what YOU can do. It is the acres of cover for deadly TDs that make it death to drive anywhere.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #4236 on: November 30, 2013, 03:56:04 AM

Good job they nerfed artillery, then!
No, hang on....  Ohhhhh, I see.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4237 on: November 30, 2013, 08:23:01 AM

I've just embraced it and camp to hell and back on my TDs now.  The SU-152 is badass enough but gets paired against T9s at times.  I'll have the ISU unlocked soon enough, then it's fun time.  I've added the spotted perk since all of them have enough for one skill and my K:D and Damage Dealt have been increasing steadily ever since.   It's hilarious.

http://www.noobmeter.com/player/na/merusk/1001292585/

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4238 on: November 30, 2013, 06:33:26 PM

You might as well go for it. My biggest problem always was that I never had the patience for camping.

My favorite camping map is redshire not because Of the fact the everyone fights over the bushes on that map, but that the 2 big points are the Hill on the top center and the rocks on the hill on the right hands side of the map. The big problem is that they are both out of rendering distance to one another, so basically both teams line up for a camping duel in places where its impossible for either side to see one another even if they have scouts lighting up the other side  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Hic sunt dracones.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #4239 on: November 30, 2013, 09:26:52 PM

Huh?  That stuff is lit easily and snipped from either direction.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4240 on: December 01, 2013, 09:44:15 AM

They are effectively in 2 parallel lines and the 2 closer edges of the lines can see one another, but they mostly are 2 far away to see one another. But hey, I've only sad there in my TD staring at the opposite lines hoping the blips on my radar would appear. Anyway its just funny to me, not trying to start an argument.

The French TDs are actually quite fun as well, very mobile, but the camo value isn't great.

Hic sunt dracones.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #4241 on: December 01, 2013, 10:15:27 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tr2_VJJKhg

Teenage Mutant Ninja Tank-destroyer.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4242 on: December 01, 2013, 10:24:32 AM

Who is that masked tank?

Hic sunt dracones.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #4243 on: December 01, 2013, 10:36:46 AM

That would be the super annoying E25 premium tier 7 german TD that is op as heck.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4244 on: December 01, 2013, 10:37:56 AM

Yeah when I found out it was a premium I had flashbacks to the early days of the Type 59.  It'll get nerfed in time, but not until they've sold a bunch based on how OP they are now.

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #4245 on: December 01, 2013, 12:39:24 PM

It's basically a Hetzer crossed with a Pz1C, to give some context.
(If that doesn't sound like The Best TD EVER to you, you're doing it wrong)

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4246 on: December 01, 2013, 01:20:38 PM

On that note: Fuck those PZ1cS.  Goddamn those are obnoxious tanks.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4247 on: December 04, 2013, 10:28:49 AM

I'm going to assume that Abagadro bought the KV 220.  If so, how is it?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4248 on: December 04, 2013, 10:07:05 PM

I did, mostly because I needed to reload gold so why not do it with a freebie tank. Haven't touched the thing.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #4249 on: December 04, 2013, 11:30:23 PM

There were some nice packages that I heard about after the fact. Wish I would have bought one instead of setting fire to my wallet playing poker on Sunday.  Ohhhhh, I see.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
WayAbvPar

Reply #4250 on: December 05, 2013, 09:30:02 AM

Fun replay where my platoon carries the team to victory, and I kill the last two tanks to win (and get Top Gun). That SOB Engels beat me for top XP though  Mob

Even as a heavy I still love the 3601.

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #4251 on: December 05, 2013, 01:17:40 PM

Hey my hit percent should not be made public. 64 percent hit rate with a nashorn is just embarassing.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
WayAbvPar

Reply #4252 on: December 05, 2013, 01:32:48 PM

LOL I watched the first couple minutes of the replay this morning and was shocked by how many shots I missed.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4253 on: December 09, 2013, 09:18:31 PM

Battle: Malinovka 12/9/2013 10:01:28 PM
Vehicle: Waffenträger auf Pz. IV
Experience received: 5,306 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 96,441
Battle Achievements: Top Gun, Patrol Duty, Master Gunner, Reaper, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

New max xp.

Patrol duty in my tissue paper TD. 7k damage done, 3k dmg spotted.  Hardly moved more than 300 meters after getting set up in the trees half way up the hill. Sometimes games just come together.

This was my 10th or so battle in this thing and did it with the stock gun (which is the t8 gun). The whole line is soooo trolly.

-H.L. Mencken
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4254 on: December 09, 2013, 10:41:46 PM

Heh, having a good night:

Battle: Steppes 12/9/2013 11:31:23 PM
Vehicle: E 25
Experience received: 4,854 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 96,448
Battle Achievements: Top Gun, Pool's Medal, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

10 kills. Solo pub match.

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4255 on: December 10, 2013, 07:03:02 AM

You're a monster Ab. 

A MONSTER!

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4256 on: December 10, 2013, 04:15:28 PM

Goddamnit but I don't WANT to go up the German TD line.  I like my Russians.

I also don't want to buy the E25, knowing a nerf is in the cards as soon as I do based on my history.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4257 on: December 10, 2013, 07:23:23 PM

e-25 is a blast, play it while it is fun

-H.L. Mencken
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4258 on: December 10, 2013, 10:49:15 PM

So I'm looking at my fame points today....Some jerk had the same amount as me... (Hi Aba!)

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #4259 on: December 10, 2013, 11:56:04 PM

I've enjoyed the American TD line so far.  I've leveled past it, but I still play the hellcat when ever I can.  Think its my favorite tank in the game.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4260 on: December 11, 2013, 12:00:58 AM

So I'm looking at my fame points today....Some jerk had the same amount as me... (Hi Aba!)

Not no more.  Ohhhhh, I see.

This whole campaign is maddening. There are going to be a bunch of afk assholes who get tanks just because their clans did missions.

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #4261 on: December 11, 2013, 11:03:30 AM

e-25 is a blast, play it while it is fun
As I mentioned to my clanmates in game, it is just a little puckered asshole of a tank. Almost impossible to shoot from distance due to its pancake-like height, fast, and a rapid shooting high pen gun to chainsaw opponents to death. There is definitely a learning curve as to how to effectively use it, and it suffers on some maps, but all in all pretty fun.

I am almost through the Nashorn...one subpar TD before I get to the trolly part of the line. I can't wait!

Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #4262 on: December 15, 2013, 04:02:23 PM

WoT holiday specials start tomorrow.  There's a ton of them, basically everything will be on sale at some point in the next month and there are some fairly big XP events coming  http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/22/holiday-specials-2013/

This year's Christmas tank is the Vickers light tank MK. VIc  details on it here http://ftr.wot-news.com/2013/12/15/gift-tank-light-mk-vic-characteristics/
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4263 on: December 15, 2013, 05:14:21 PM

Whats the Reindeer Power on the engine?

Hic sunt dracones.
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #4264 on: December 15, 2013, 06:55:54 PM

It's a complete waste of time in game terms.   Easy kills for everyone else.  But historically interesting.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #4265 on: December 16, 2013, 10:28:49 AM

Grats to Katiri on the fail lowe :)

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4266 on: December 16, 2013, 11:07:05 AM

Think Abagadro got one too....I somehow bet you get a better deal with the gold payout from the clan Engels.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 11:08:45 AM by Furiously »

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #4267 on: December 16, 2013, 12:06:06 PM

I certainly hope so, cuz I'm a bit pissy with Alaskan. I asked him yesterday if there were going to clan wars last night and he said yes, there were at least 3, 15 chips each fights. Well, turned out that yet again, there was only one real fight. The other fight, the one I got in, was a gimme for -J-, which was fun enough, but not a real fight. A whole month and I've only been picked for 3 real fights. I think he doesn't get that adults have to schedule stuff around CW and setting a time aside for CW day after day with nothing happening is just utter bullshit.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4268 on: December 16, 2013, 03:27:38 PM

Well....we really did the campaign wrong.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4269 on: December 16, 2013, 03:44:29 PM

Just wanted to note that I'm amused nearly 1/2 of my teams are TDs now with almost no light or SPG that has a chance of being a problem to be seen.  It's darkly amusing.

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: