Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 02:18:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1117459 times)
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4165 on: October 23, 2013, 06:22:30 AM

Yeah, but they all have lots of health and the usual High TD camo values. Ask the TOG about how much that cares about its crud armour when it has as much health as an IS3

HPs are actually pretty low.  The T5 only has 380.  The others don't seem much better.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4166 on: October 23, 2013, 08:13:47 AM

They should make light tanks have radio hammers.

WayAbvPar

Reply #4167 on: October 23, 2013, 08:47:28 AM

Or you play two of them together and slaughter.

Also... I made a video!!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b7b1x36budnjpcd/WorldOfTanks%202013-10-22%2009-34-09-422.avi

You need to find a way to .gif that, because it is goddamned hilarious.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4168 on: October 23, 2013, 07:54:21 PM

So it seems I've won some gold through the medium tank marathon contest.  I have no idea which tank it was or anything else since I only have an email saying that I won.  Go me. awesome, for real

So the list is out and I don't see my name on it anywhere. Head scratch
http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/294182-medium-tank-marathon-winners/

Edit: Looks like I might have won it with the T-34-3, which wasn't supposed to be eligible since its a prem tank.  Shhh, don't tell anyone.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 07:59:34 PM by Ginaz »
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #4169 on: October 23, 2013, 11:10:59 PM

Damn, missed by 15 xp.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #4170 on: October 24, 2013, 01:37:48 AM

I think either the list is screwed up or they gave out way too much. I'm not on there either but I got 3k gold and I don't own a T-34-3.
WayAbvPar

Reply #4171 on: October 25, 2013, 09:13:09 PM

So far tonight-
 Wins / Battles:      1 / 6    16.67%

4 battles I was bottom tier and utterly unable to affect the outcome. Once I was 2nd tier (in my Type 59, so they can't make me bottom tier). That was the game I won. Last battle I was top tier in my E-75. I had two of my team's three total kills.

It is like WG WANTS me to quit. They are going to get their wish very soon. I can't take this much longer. Hex Alpha and Battlefield 4 are calling.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4172 on: October 26, 2013, 09:36:11 AM

I feel your pain, Way.  I knew it was going to be a shitty evening after the first game and said fuck it, I'll go play something else.   

What happened in that game? Map: Murovanka. Game Type: Normal  Game starts and only 2 tanks head to forest and 3 to the middle of the map to sit in town for some reason.  I nab the hill near the team II start point and look at the forest, knowing I'll need to cover people. 

The rest of my team makes its way up the west side of the map, to where the flag is on encounter.  They then proceed to inch along, still staying on the west side with no cover, and try to play Peek-A-Boo with a team of two T29s and an IS on the far hill who have a light on the west side spotting.  They all die within the first few minutes, and even when I tried to get some shots on the 29s all they had visible was the turret, which does me no good.

Meanwhile the forest has been demolished by the rest of their team and the guys in the city were spotted by an IS and got wasted from the hidden forest tanks.  I am one of the last 5 alive, the other two being an arty who's usless without spotters a KV3 who hasn't moved and some meds who are crowding the hill behind me.  As I line up a shot on the IS who's exposed himself, my "SPOTTED" light goes off and I take 3 shots in the ass from the forest team who've come along the lake bed.  The rest of the team is wiped-up in another minute.

Total battle time was something like 5 mins, I get 2nd place with no kills and only 500 damage done in a TD.  Conclusion: Even though there's no big events, it's going to be a shitty night. Goodnight, WOT.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #4173 on: October 26, 2013, 11:30:40 AM

Something is screwy (at least for me) with the match making.  I constantly get on bad teams (according to XVM) the last few months and I'm on a long losing streak.  Because of it I rarely play any more.  The only relief seems to be when I sign on to the West Coast server. 

But I'm looking forward to the tanks in War Thunder.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #4174 on: October 26, 2013, 02:09:09 PM

Maybe some of you all need some more patience - lose a tank? Go play another.

Granted, I don't have the same 10k+ games you all have, but still. I'd hate to see how some of you react when playing for money (and I know some of you do that kind of thing)...  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #4175 on: October 26, 2013, 02:24:43 PM

There was an old-timer who was in -G- for a while, he consistently used gold rounds and he would go apes**t over voice comms when they bounced. They bounced a lot.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #4176 on: October 27, 2013, 08:20:19 PM

I'm sure now there is an issue with the matchmaker.  I did the math and the last 500 battles I have a 43% win rate. Down from my usual 50%.  Now I should be able to get a 43% win rate by just hitting the battle button and leaving the computer until the battle is over.  There is something really screwy going on.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4177 on: October 27, 2013, 08:49:45 PM

500 isn't that large of a sample.  Over the last 1000 battles i have a higher win rate than my previous 28k.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4178 on: October 28, 2013, 07:28:36 AM

I'm sure now there is an issue with the matchmaker.  I did the math and the last 500 battles I have a 43% win rate. Down from my usual 50%.  Now I should be able to get a 43% win rate by just hitting the battle button and leaving the computer until the battle is over.  There is something really screwy going on.

Platoon.  It's the only way to maintain your sanity.  Solo play makes it nearly impossible to carry a really bad team.  If you're in a platoon with two other solid players, your ability to drag your team kicking and screaming to a win goes up dramatically.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Strazos

Reply #4179 on: October 28, 2013, 11:39:55 AM

Platoon.  It's the only way to maintain your sanity.  Solo play makes it nearly impossible to carry a really bad team.  If you're in a platoon with two other solid players, your ability to drag your team kicking and screaming to a win goes up dramatically.

Speaking of which, I'm back in sane timezones for the next few years now...  awesome, for real

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4180 on: October 28, 2013, 01:29:38 PM

Speaking of which, I'm back in sane timezones for the next few years now...  awesome, for real

I'm afraid to imagine how good you will play with a ping < 300. 

Welcome back!

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #4181 on: October 28, 2013, 05:45:52 PM

Solo play makes it nearly impossible to carry a really bad team.  

No it doesn't. Every loss is entirely the individual player's fault. Not being able to carry a team of 14 other random people simply means a player is not skilled. Otherwise win rate wouldn't be an accurate measure of player skill.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 06:32:39 PM by angry.bob »

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4182 on: October 28, 2013, 05:49:58 PM

Feh. Not worth it. People can wallow in their ignorance if they need it I guess.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 05:57:28 PM by Abagadro »

-H.L. Mencken
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4183 on: October 28, 2013, 10:50:47 PM

Solo play makes it nearly impossible to carry a really bad team.  

No it doesn't. Every loss is entirely the individual player's fault. Not being able to carry a team of 14 other random people simply means a player is not skilled. Otherwise win rate wouldn't be an accurate measure of player skill.

Well... Technically it's 6% your fault. It you platoon up, you can increase it to having an 18% effect on the team which can be quite significant. (Plus if you are grouped with decent players that's a red that might not be on your team). And when you get lucky you get platoon matched against the 45% win rate platoon.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4184 on: October 29, 2013, 07:16:12 AM

Did you miss the word "nearly" in my statement?  Good players can influence a match, but it's quite a task to carry a match particularly when bottom tier.  Platooning with other skilled players is the easiest way to improve win rate.  

I've had a 57% WR over the last 1000 or so battles that I've played.  Many of them solo.  I know quite well how much of a challenge it can be to carry 14 terrible players.

-  Mark Twain
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4185 on: October 29, 2013, 10:01:10 AM

Alternatively, I've been grouped with some near Unicom status players. I rocked a 75% Winrate yesterday. It also turns out that dealing 5k plus damage a game really helps your team win.

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #4186 on: October 29, 2013, 03:39:57 PM

Yeah so if anyone tells you the E100 wafflethrower is pre-nerfed and needs a buff, they're lying: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC4dZ7dLkgQ

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Strazos

Reply #4187 on: October 29, 2013, 04:56:31 PM

Wow... ACK!

Looks reasonably fast, has a quick autoloader, and it can snipe even unzoomed?  Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4188 on: October 29, 2013, 05:05:09 PM

Well yeah it's pre-nerfed.  You were only able to take 5 hits before dying. That's totally unreasonable for a German tank!  awesome, for real

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4189 on: October 30, 2013, 09:48:57 AM

It's VERY lightly armoured.  The turret has something like 10 or less frontal.  The whole line are pretty much glass cannons.  Great damage, awful armor and survivability.  For the t10, I'm thinking the 1st gun is probably going to be better.  Anyone who has played an E-100 knows how bad the top gun can be for not penetrating.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 12:07:36 AM by Ginaz »
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4190 on: October 30, 2013, 09:51:32 PM

Service Record: Senior Technical Engineer.

-H.L. Mencken
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4191 on: October 31, 2013, 04:35:17 PM

Here's a video from Syria if you ever wondered what it looked like to be shot in the face by a T-72 with a HEAT round:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYI4kM6je-k

-H.L. Mencken
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4192 on: November 05, 2013, 11:34:07 PM

I actually feel a bit guilty about this one...

Vehicle: FCM 36 Pak 40
Experience received: 1,561
Credits received: 26,484
Battle Achievements: Top Gun, Invader, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

(9 kills, 100% base capture by me. It was just sick.)

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4193 on: November 06, 2013, 06:33:11 AM

Vehicle: FCM 36 Pak 40

100% base capture by me.

Must have been a small map or a long game.  That thing is godawful slow.

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #4194 on: November 06, 2013, 09:49:01 AM

Heh that is the same thing I said. I love that thing on the right map, but it sucks if you have to travel to find a fight.

WayAbvPar

Reply #4195 on: November 09, 2013, 08:20:50 PM

Victory!, S-51, Severogorsk, 11/9/13 12:03 PM: 2,440 nXP, 5,449 dmg

Hilarious round highlighted by me missing a M-103 and one shotting a Super Pershing I never saw  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? Glad I pulled it off on a 5x weekend!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 03:07:53 PM by WayAbvPar »

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4196 on: November 10, 2013, 09:34:34 AM

Nothing like a 5x weekend to remind me why I stopped playing so much.  My K:D ratio is still going up, but after 3 games where I had 2-3 kills and then found I was the last of 4 guys alive on my team I'm done for the day.

ed: Way, your link is broken.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 09:36:22 AM by Merusk »

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4197 on: November 12, 2013, 06:05:50 AM

Put up a youtube vid of the best game I've had and a good game I had later. Includes me stuttering and stammering my way though a commentary. Think I'll leave it to the professionals like the mighty Jingles in future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOEXPfU4BlE

Hic sunt dracones.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4198 on: November 12, 2013, 07:26:18 AM

Nothing like a 5x weekend to remind me why I stopped playing so much.  My K:D ratio is still going up, but after 3 games where I had 2-3 kills and then found I was the last of 4 guys alive on my team I'm done for the day.

I think we've all been there.  I had a match on my 3601 where I had 8 kills and a Nicols medal in a loss. Sometimes one person isn't enough to carry 14 terrible teammates.

Shrug it off and come back after a few days/weeks. 

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #4199 on: November 12, 2013, 02:16:38 PM

So....unlocked the big gun on the E-75 on like Friday of the 5x weekend. Had just purchased my M46 Patton, and so didn't have enough credits to buy it yet. Fast forward to me not doing shit for damage in a match this morning and I finally realized I never bothered to go back and purchase/mount it. 4 5x wins and a 2x this morning, all with the shitty gun.

It's me. I'm the pubby.

Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: