Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 07:38:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1104657 times)
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #4130 on: October 05, 2013, 09:41:17 AM

There are some really, really good TDs in that line.  The guns are a bit inaccurate compared to the German TDs but pack a huge wallop once you get the top gun for any given TD.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #4131 on: October 05, 2013, 11:02:22 AM

Yeah I don't remember a bad one. ISU is a bid underwhelming until you unlock the BL-10, but it is still decent.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4132 on: October 05, 2013, 07:24:40 PM

I've been waiting for a garage slot sale and figure the 50% off going now is probably about as good as it gets, so it's time to expand. I'm close to getting through the M3 Lee and think I've decided on the T1 Heavy next. Lee wasn't as painful as I was expecting, though I'm a fairly casual player and maybe that helps. Also started moving up the US SPG line, which is my first foray into arty and so far a nice diversion.

Has anyone given that Russian TD line a try? The lure of the current 50% credit discount and bonus has me curious.

The SU-85 and SU-100 are both fun tanks. The 85 is probably the funnest tank I have played.

WayAbvPar

Reply #4133 on: October 07, 2013, 01:26:45 PM

Victory!, Churchill, Ruinberg, 10/7/13 6:07 AM: 2,428 nXP, 2,324 dmg

Otherwise known as Katiri and Way's Rolling Face Rape Party. Good times. My top XP ever. IN A TIER V.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 01:58:39 PM by WayAbvPar »

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4134 on: October 08, 2013, 01:53:28 AM

The last page or two of win rate being random and such made me wonder what tanks have the global best win rate.  Also the steamroller team Way and I had yesterday made me wonder how globally OP those two premiums are. I also felt like our Pak 40's were OP, and looking at their global data it looks like they have the 3rd highest win rates of any tanks in the game, so it's not the driver that is awesome, but the tank.  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

http://wot-news.com/stat/server/us/norm/en#server_type-1 Seems to have "unofficial" data. I'm a bit surprised by the low win rates of most tier 10's.

My suggestion for anyone who still thinks it's all random is to play one of the tanks with a high global win rate and see if your win rates improve.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4135 on: October 08, 2013, 12:11:53 PM

My suggestion for anyone who still thinks it's all random is to play one of the tanks with a high global win rate and see if your win rates improve.

I'll have to see.  My stats are still all screwed-up from spamming games for the 15 wins free money.

http://www.noobmeter.com/player/na/merusk/1001292585/

Though my k:d ratio has gone way up since bringing the SU-152 into the mix regularly.  I think an average game is 2 kills now.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4136 on: October 08, 2013, 02:35:08 PM

Yea your death rate looks like you are going for an easy kill and dying.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4137 on: October 08, 2013, 06:07:36 PM

Worse. I was running in to tag anyone, knowing I'm going to die.  Suicide scouting with anything tier 5 or premium then running off to the next match.  Yes, assholish. Yes, it tanked my stats.  It also took me less real time to get 15 wins than playing legit even if it took more actual games.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #4138 on: October 09, 2013, 08:15:03 AM

http://wot-news.com/stat/server/us/norm/en#server_type-1 Seems to have "unofficial" data. I'm a bit surprised by the low win rates of most tier 10's.

Interesting that foch 155 has the highest global win rate, sounds about right it's about the best T10 tank available for random battles and really underused.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4139 on: October 09, 2013, 08:53:26 AM

Interesting that foch 155 has the highest global win rate, sounds about right it's about the best T10 tank available for random battles and really underused.

Doesn't surprise me one bit.  I see purple platoons abusing its high burst all the time.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4140 on: October 18, 2013, 10:55:07 AM

So it seems I've won some gold through the medium tank marathon contest.  I have no idea which tank it was or anything else since I only have an email saying that I won.  Go me. awesome, for real
WayAbvPar

Reply #4141 on: October 18, 2013, 11:08:03 AM

If you dig around the news section of the site you should be able to find lists of the winners by tank. Congrats, btw! All the meds I am currently playing (other than my Type 59, which would require a gargantuan game to top the lists since so many old school good players have them) are mediocre/bad tanks, and/or I haven't really figured out how to shine in them. Wish this contest was going when I was in the Type 58-  I loved that thing.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 11:56:47 AM by WayAbvPar »

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4142 on: October 18, 2013, 11:50:55 AM

I thought I might have cracked the top 50 with a 1426 raw xp game in my A-44 but looks like no dice.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4143 on: October 18, 2013, 12:20:28 PM

If you dig around the news section of the site you should be able to find lists of the winners by tank. Congrats, btw! All the meds I am currently playing (other than my Type 59, which would require a gargantuan game to top the lists since so many old school good players have them) are mediocre/bad tanks, and/or I haven't really figured out how to shine in them. Wish this contest was going when I was in the Type 58-  I loved that thing.

There's no info or list of any kind showing who won or what they won or with what tank.  People have just gotten an email saying they won something.  I was able to check my account with the mobile app and I'm 3000 gold richer.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4144 on: October 18, 2013, 12:35:43 PM

The lists will be up eventually. Russia an EU have their lists up. The guy who does it for NA was apparently on his honeymoon and is getting caught up.

-H.L. Mencken
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4145 on: October 18, 2013, 12:52:30 PM

So it's "FUCK YOU, KABOOM" weekend, eh.  Up in the air about playing this one.  I'm happier when I'm the only SU-152 on the field.

WayAbvPar

Reply #4146 on: October 18, 2013, 12:58:50 PM

I am pretty sure I own zero of those tanks. Welp.

WayAbvPar

Reply #4147 on: October 19, 2013, 01:43:43 PM

Victory!, Jagdpanther, Highway, 10/18/13 3:00 PM: 2,019 nXP, 4,027 dmg

Special guests Engels and Abagadro!

Sometimes they just keep driving in front of your gun and ignoring the fact that you are shooting the shit out of them. Good times.

WayAbvPar

Reply #4148 on: October 20, 2013, 09:15:55 AM

My latest in-game accomplishment-

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4149 on: October 20, 2013, 09:46:57 AM

Special guests Engels and Abagadro!

Special guest sucking is more accurate.

Nice Mario on that guy, is that off the center hill in Mines?

-H.L. Mencken
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #4150 on: October 20, 2013, 10:00:39 AM

That gif needs to end with the text "Deal with it" flashing up.  Perhaps with sun glasses appearing on your tank.

Good job!

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4151 on: October 20, 2013, 10:24:28 AM

So I watched your replay and kept thinking "wow that zoom in sniper mode is a lot more magnified than mine" and started looking for the mod you used, only to find out that there are multiple zooms in sniper mode.  Only took me 3 years and 29k battles to figure that out. Still can't use it though since I don't have a mouse wheel as I play with a trackball.  Ohhhhh, I see.

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4152 on: October 20, 2013, 10:28:44 AM

I'm not sure that the zoom really helps anyway as the size of the aim reticle is still pretty huge.  At extreme range, you're pretty much at the will of the RNG anyway.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #4153 on: October 20, 2013, 10:48:01 AM

So I watched your replay and kept thinking "wow that zoom in sniper mode is a lot more magnified than mine" and started looking for the mod you used, only to find out that there are multiple zooms in sniper mode.  Only took me 3 years and 29k battles to figure that out. Still can't use it though since I don't have a mouse wheel as I play with a trackball.  Ohhhhh, I see.

LOL doh! I think you can set it to max zoom with mods.

And yes, that was on Mines.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4154 on: October 21, 2013, 03:07:54 AM

I'm not sure that the zoom really helps anyway as the size of the aim reticle is still pretty huge.  At extreme range, you're pretty much at the will of the RNG anyway.

I've found it helps if your target is stationary or if they're just motoring back and forth and you have server reticle on.  Yes some tanks have a huge reticle, but the accuracy fix means you're still within a tight grouping over 70% of the time.  You need a great pen or high damage gun to exploit it, though.   My at15a can't snipe half a map away but the su155 or t34 wreck shit even if I don't hit exactly where I've aimed.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4155 on: October 21, 2013, 06:18:30 PM

My latest in-game accomplishment-

I just did this off a dune protecting our arty on port. I lived too....

WayAbvPar

Reply #4156 on: October 21, 2013, 07:17:14 PM

I just had another one on Airfield. Added difficulty points by shooting him on the way down, then drove off his smoking corpse and killed their last tank for Top Gun.

Replay

Just when my never ending cavalcade of Halloween colored teams was breaking my spirit, I got that game.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4157 on: October 22, 2013, 04:55:12 AM

I have an AMX 50 B. They are a third off this half of October and the top french tanks are extra income generation, so I decided to grind the 120 like mad. Was doing great till this special weekend hit my win rate like a trout filled with dynamite. Triple XP weekend and 30% off premium ammo = maximum team fail. Lost 2.5% on it this last weekend alone  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? (Efficiency remained fairly ok though) Still, managed to finish the grind with a post 50% win rate on it so I'm happy, and I got the 50B for 4.2 mill instead of 6.5 mill. Result.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 05:20:40 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4158 on: October 22, 2013, 05:26:00 AM

I have an AMX 50 B. They are a third off this half of October and the top french tanks are extra income generation, so I decided to grind the 120 like mad. Was doing great till this special weekend hit my win rate like a trout filled with dynamite. Triple XP weekend and 30% off premium ammo = maximum team fail. Lost 2.5% on it this last weekend alone  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? (Efficiency remained fairly ok though) Still, managed to finish the grind with a post 50% win rate on it so I'm happy, and I got the 50B for 4.2 mill instead of 6.5 mill. Result.

This is the reason why I hate the 50 120 so very much.  On paper, the tank looks like it should be able to carry games.  When I try, I just can't manage it.  It's my lowest WR tank among those I play often.   

-  Mark Twain
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4159 on: October 22, 2013, 05:42:41 AM

Well, the 50 B is a defenite improvement.More Armour (to the front)5 seconds better reload, time between shots, Horsepower, HP Gun elevation and depression are all better than it. I was getting very fed up withthe Amx 50 120's glaring weaknesses by the end.

Hic sunt dracones.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4160 on: October 22, 2013, 04:48:03 PM

Took me a while to figure out how to play those tanks. You basically have to think of yourself as a ninja assassin. You hide, wait for an unsuspecting tank to be isolated near you, jump out and kill him with the clip and then run away to hide again. If you have to east a shell to get the kill, then so be it, but it doesn't work as a poker, brawler or sniper IMO.  A lot of it is patience in stalking your kill so that you are 1 on 1.  Not really my typical play-style but I enjoy playing the amx 100 in tourneys and for fun even though I am through the line.

-H.L. Mencken
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4161 on: October 22, 2013, 07:55:00 PM

Or you play two of them together and slaughter.

Also... I made a video!!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b7b1x36budnjpcd/WorldOfTanks%202013-10-22%2009-34-09-422.avi

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4162 on: October 23, 2013, 02:06:53 AM

I think if myself as a sniper till I have got one cip reloaded. The autoloader is only useful in the earlyl if you catch a tank alone and can eat a shot and empty a clip into it. Not easy though with the 3.3 second reload of the clip in the 50 120, which drove me up the wall. You really have to fire and scoot in the early game, generally.

Hic sunt dracones.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4163 on: October 23, 2013, 04:05:45 AM

Test server is up with the new German TDs.  You also get 3 prem tanks to play with once you play a game on the test server.  A Russian tier 7 med, a Chinese T6 TD and a Japanese T5 med.  The new German TDs all seem to be glass canons.  Nice guns, speed and movement but paper thin armor.  I think the tier 8 has 20 frontal. awesome, for real
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4164 on: October 23, 2013, 05:31:14 AM

Yeah, but they all have lots of health and the usual High TD camo values. Ask the TOG about how much that cares about its crud armour when it has as much health as an IS3

Hic sunt dracones.
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: