Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 09:45:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1104716 times)
WayAbvPar

Reply #2555 on: August 10, 2012, 11:03:13 AM

... I hate my Lorraine. ... and the Lorraine's overall uselessness ...

Garbad sums up the Lorraine quite well.

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/148621-oh-how-the-might-have-fallen/

That makes me feel slightly better. It isn't just that I am terrible; the tank is too!

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2556 on: August 10, 2012, 12:35:11 PM

Promo code for NA server: HAPPYTANKSDAY

One day of premium and some gold consumables.  No idea when it ends.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #2557 on: August 10, 2012, 12:51:37 PM

There's also a HAPPYTANKSDAY bonus code that gives you a day of free premium and some assorted consumables.

Just finished the tutorial missions, and I'm impressed. This game is perfect for me since I'm terribad at twitchy games, and I can play a few matches for an hour and be done.

On a side note, perhaps I'm just lucky but I've played a few dozen matches and not once have I heard any trash talking, trolling, or the word "noob".

Unfortunately, I think you are going to run into a bunch of Tier 2 PzKpfw 38H735 (f) or "Hotchkiss" this weekend as they are back in the gift shop for a limited time after being removed for purchase.  Beware, do not engage this tank directly or you will find out why it is called the "Minimaus".  At least you will learn how to shoot weak spots - go for the hatches or rear.  In beta I had a 13 kill match with one - and I think I have 11 or 12 kill matches a couple of times since then.  They have nerfed it a bit, and changed matchmaker up on it, but it is still a potent adversary.

The Hotchkiss holds my personal record for the most kills in one game at 9.  It is deadly in a tier 1/2 game if it is the only tank of its type and there are no Tetrachs.  I always keep 25 gold rounds (bought a shit load when they were on sale for 1g each) on hand in case I run into another Hotchkiss.  Other than that, I always use the standard rounds.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #2558 on: August 10, 2012, 01:22:22 PM

... I hate my Lorraine. ... and the Lorraine's overall uselessness ...

Garbad sums up the Lorraine quite well.

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/148621-oh-how-the-might-have-fallen/

That makes me feel slightly better. It isn't just that I am terrible; the tank is too!

Yea - I took mine out last night. They nerfed it's zippyness... I only killed two tanks and then sold it after the match ended.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2559 on: August 10, 2012, 01:31:36 PM

Yes, I love my Hotchkiss.  Heart   

Though watch out if you haven't played it in a while. Some of the new French tanks can give you a beating where you used to bounce anything from the front.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #2560 on: August 10, 2012, 01:37:52 PM

There's also a HAPPYTANKSDAY bonus code that gives you a day of free premium and some assorted consumables.

Just finished the tutorial missions, and I'm impressed. This game is perfect for me since I'm terribad at twitchy games, and I can play a few matches for an hour and be done.

On a side note, perhaps I'm just lucky but I've played a few dozen matches and not once have I heard any trash talking, trolling, or the word "noob".

Unfortunately, I think you are going to run into a bunch of Tier 2 PzKpfw 38H735 (f) or "Hotchkiss" this weekend as they are back in the gift shop for a limited time after being removed for purchase.  Beware, do not engage this tank directly or you will find out why it is called the "Minimaus".  At least you will learn how to shoot weak spots - go for the hatches or rear.  In beta I had a 13 kill match with one - and I think I have 11 or 12 kill matches a couple of times since then.  They have nerfed it a bit, and changed matchmaker up on it, but it is still a potent adversary.

The Hotchkiss holds my personal record for the most kills in one game at 9.  It is deadly in a tier 1/2 game if it is the only tank of its type and there are no Tetrachs.  I always keep 25 gold rounds (bought a shit load when they were on sale for 1g each) on hand in case I run into another Hotchkiss.  Other than that, I always use the standard rounds.

Speaking of gold, what are good choices for spending it? I was thinking crew training and premium time, but I don't want to waste what little I have.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
WayAbvPar

Reply #2561 on: August 10, 2012, 01:51:59 PM

Premium is your best bang for the buck..+50% xp and credits is awfully nice.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #2562 on: August 10, 2012, 02:32:54 PM

Gift from my mom for by B-day.  Local artist that uses recycled materials.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #2563 on: August 10, 2012, 03:49:08 PM

If there's a chance that someone here has ragequit tanks forever I would like to give your account a good home. PM me if you're feeling generous.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #2564 on: August 10, 2012, 03:58:07 PM

Gift from my mom for by B-day.  Local artist that uses recycled materials.

<Pic>
That is fantastic! Your mom rules!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 06:05:36 PM by Engels »

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #2565 on: August 10, 2012, 05:55:47 PM

If there's a chance that someone here has ragequit tanks forever I would like to give your account a good home. PM me if you're feeling generous.

If you're doing a new account, I can hook you up with whatever the hell deal nvidia has going on (some tank, some minor amount of gold) for new accounts.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #2566 on: August 10, 2012, 09:23:21 PM

That is fantastic! Your mom rules!

Ya. I really like his stuff. Here is the tank page from his website (all his stuff is pretty cool)

http://www.sugarpost.com/gnome-be-gones/tanks/

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #2567 on: August 10, 2012, 10:50:14 PM

Ya. I really like his stuff. Here is the tank page from his website (all his stuff is pretty cool)

http://www.sugarpost.com/gnome-be-gones/tanks/

There are a couple of office pieces that I may have to get.  Cool link.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #2568 on: August 13, 2012, 06:07:54 AM

I think i've worked out why the SU-85 feels so under-powered. It's not just because of the loss of alpha damage on the main gun. It's because there's a increasing number of fast tanks (the new tier 6 t-59 premium light being another example) and game modes that involve movement (encounter, assault). The TD model pretty much relies on defending a point and doesn't work nearly as well when forces are spread out and the fight is on the move.

I guess this is why they are introducing new lines of turreted TD's. And probably as part of an intentional design goal to make the game faster paced.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #2569 on: August 13, 2012, 04:48:19 PM

Part of the problem with the Russian TD's is they don't have the armour to trade shots, and stealth loses it's potency without high alpha.  If they want them to be a slightly more mobile turret they need to up the turn rate and frontal armour at the very least.
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #2570 on: August 13, 2012, 08:12:06 PM

So I tried the D1.  The gun would be more effective replaced with a boarding plank.
WayAbvPar

Reply #2571 on: August 13, 2012, 10:20:35 PM

Fuck this game. GW2 can't come out fast enough. Just flat sick of retarded teams, and especially sick of my midden bin on tracks known as the Lorraine. It really belongs at about Tier VII instead of IX. It is completely outclassed by everything at its tier, and pretty much everything in the tier below it. Not to mention that its new tier means it plays 90% of its matches in tier X against Clan Wars shutins with 60%+ win rates.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #2572 on: August 13, 2012, 10:35:22 PM

You could slum in tiers 6 & 7 with us common folk.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #2573 on: August 14, 2012, 12:29:03 AM

Tier 5-6 is hella fun now... that we don't have to play with Tier IX / X shutins.

Just got the VK3601. It can snipe like the Pzkpfw-IV (which is headed for a nerf anyway), tank decently and isn't too bad in terms of mobility... I like.

- Simond
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #2574 on: August 14, 2012, 05:44:16 AM

My preferred tier 6 is the M18, but I also enjoy both the Jumbo and Easy 8.  I also bought the Diker Max and it's a lot of fun, it moves fairly well, hits hard, has obscene gun depression for a TD and earns well due to the damage it deals.  On the bad side it shoots slowly, has no armor and gun traverse is severely limited.
Mortriden
Terracotta Army

Reply #2575 on: August 14, 2012, 08:15:20 AM

Tier 5-6 is hella fun now... that we don't have to play with Tier IX / X shutins.

Just got the VK3601. It can snipe like the Pzkpfw-IV (which is headed for a nerf anyway), tank decently and isn't too bad in terms of mobility... I like.

The VK3601 is my second favorite Tier 6 tank (right behind the Easy 8).  My Clannies and I nicknamed it the "Baby Tiger".  It bounces shots in the front really well against it's Tier, and the top gun (mid-length barrel 88) will give Tier VII a belly-ache.  The only weakness of the tank is it's mobility until you get the top engine. 

It's like calling shenanigans.  But you say "jihad" instead. - Llava
They are out there, but they are bi-products of funny families. If you know funny old people, see if they have daughters. -Paelos
Yes my seed is that strong. I literally clap my hands and women are with child. -Paelos
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #2576 on: August 14, 2012, 08:31:51 AM

The VK3601 is my second favorite Tier 6 tank (right behind the Easy 8).  My Clannies and I nicknamed it the "Baby Tiger".  It bounces shots in the front really well against it's Tier, and the top gun (mid-length barrel 88) will give Tier VII a belly-ache.  The only weakness of the tank is it's mobility until you get the top engine. 

It use to be a lot more fun before they nerfed the konish gun. Heartbreak
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #2577 on: August 14, 2012, 10:47:14 AM

Fuck this game. GW2 can't come out fast enough. Just flat sick of retarded teams, and especially sick of my midden bin on tracks known as the Lorraine. It really belongs at about Tier VII instead of IX. It is completely outclassed by everything at its tier, and pretty much everything in the tier below it. Not to mention that its new tier means it plays 90% of its matches in tier X against Clan Wars shutins with 60%+ win rates.

The Lorraine is a terrible tank now. Before you used to be able to burst just about anyone down. Now you have to be lucky with ambushes.

UnsGub
Terracotta Army

Reply #2578 on: August 14, 2012, 11:30:59 AM

You could slum in tiers 6 & 7 with us common folk.

Tier 6 and 7 is the new Tier 8.

Little to no arty and predictable game play.  You can still make up if half you team dies in the opening minutes.

Tier 9 fights are often only one or two top tanks.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 11:36:27 AM by UnsGub »
UnsGub
Terracotta Army

Reply #2579 on: August 14, 2012, 11:35:54 AM

The Lorraine is a terrible tank now...

It can and still dominates.  Need to run in a platoon with at least one heavy.  Platoon has to stay grouped together.  Others engage\pin down and then Lorraine does the killing.  It has great speed to it can run off to support cap or a flank that has fallen against already weakened tanks.  Totally dependent on others and team play.  Never be in front. never stop moving etc.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #2580 on: August 14, 2012, 12:52:05 PM

Victory!
Battle: Ruinberg 14. august 2012. a. 22:21:36
Vehicle: Matilda
Experience received: 3 602 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 36 001
Battle Achievements: Kolobanov's Medal, Top Gun, Defender, Sharpshooter, Master Gunner, Kay's Medal IV Class, Lavrinenko's Medal IV Class, Leclerc's Medal IV Class, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Ohhhhh, I see.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #2581 on: August 14, 2012, 01:16:16 PM

Victory!
Battle: Ruinberg 14. august 2012. a. 22:21:36
Vehicle: Matilda
Experience received: 3 602 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 36 001
Battle Achievements: Kolobanov's Medal, Top Gun, Defender, Sharpshooter, Master Gunner, Kay's Medal IV Class, Lavrinenko's Medal IV Class, Leclerc's Medal IV Class, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Ohhhhh, I see.

The Matilda is very underated imo. 
WayAbvPar

Reply #2582 on: August 14, 2012, 01:43:21 PM

The Lorraine is a terrible tank now...

It can and still dominates.  Need to run in a platoon with at least one heavy.  Platoon has to stay grouped together.  Others engage\pin down and then Lorraine does the killing.  It has great speed to it can run off to support cap or a flank that has fallen against already weakened tanks.  Totally dependent on others and team play.  Never be in front. never stop moving etc.

Having to depend on a platoon to do the heavy lifting and then being opportunistic is hardly dominant. Is there another Tier 9 medium as crippled as the Lorraine? T-54 and Patton are both monsters that can and do survive on their own quite nicely.

Have you driven a Lorraine much since the patch? Especially stock or not fully upgraded? It is almost completely useless except for very specific circumstances. I would rather have any other Tier IX on team, and I love seeing them on the other team because I know how incredibly shitty they are. At Tier 8 they were useful- at 9 they are grossly underpowered.

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #2583 on: August 14, 2012, 02:12:52 PM

I dunno what to tell you Way. 

Its like playing a rogue class in D&D MMOs and bitching that you can't solo shit. Sure, you get that one nice backstab/emptied clip into an IS4 and take him down to half, but the next three shots do you in because you can't possibly get away from a set of enemies that KNOW you can't fire for the next 40 seconds.

Its the same for the 50/100, 50/120 and 50B

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #2584 on: August 14, 2012, 02:18:02 PM

Lorraine is apparently getting buffed in 8.0
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #2585 on: August 14, 2012, 06:28:34 PM

Information on patch 0.8.0

Tanks getting buffs:
IS-6
Lorraine 40t
AMX 50B
E-100
JagdPz E-100

Tanks getting nerfs:
T30
AMX50 Foch
T110E3
T110E4
M48A1
Foch AMX50 155
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #2586 on: August 15, 2012, 12:29:43 AM

Though they made clear that was only the high tier tank change-list. There's more changes than that.

Also I believe some limit on the number of artillery in a match, though I didn't see any details. Also selectable game modes so you can turn off assault.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 12:41:46 AM by Kageru »

- Simond
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #2587 on: August 17, 2012, 05:35:21 AM

This weekend's special....

Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #2588 on: August 17, 2012, 06:46:15 AM

Also confirmed there shouldn't be so many artillery pieces per side in a high tier match and the Pz-IV is getting nerfed with it's main gun dropping down to something similar to the 57mm Zis-4 (but more alpha and slower firing). Hopefully I'll have the tank elited by then.

- Simond
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #2589 on: August 17, 2012, 11:02:22 AM

I don't see the problem with the PzIV. It has a good upgraded gun, but so does the IS-3 except the PzIV is a few steps away from driving a tank made out of papier-mâché. If you get attacked from two different directions, you're toast. If you're in a position where you can't shoot back, you're toast. I think its only crime is forcing people play like it's a French tank.

Doesn't matter. I bought a T-25 on recommendation and it's a similar although watered down version of the PzIV, except you can't pull off those impressive long distance shots as often. However, you can use your E-50 crew in it  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Lag spikes up the wazoo today and it hasn't been just me this past week. I think some server upgrades are in order, Wargaming USA.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: