Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 03:56:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Glee 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Glee  (Read 60704 times)
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: June 10, 2010, 03:28:10 PM

Oh wow, that's true. :)

Journey songs were great also. 
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #71 on: June 10, 2010, 05:31:57 PM

Goddamn my wife and child for watching this while I'm in the same room, I started to pick it up after the Madonna episode.  Yes I like Madonna, fuck you.

Man, it just now occurred to me that Sue did a really nice thing by letting Will think that she was the reason they lost.

I thought the same thing about it being 'nice' and that the whole end was too much of a 180 for the Sue-Will relationship.   The Sue I'd been seeing for the last half a season would have laughed in his face, smirked and walked away letting the club fail.  This turnaround felt forced, even if the 'real stars' were all mean and nasty to her enough to have made her empathize with the outsiders.  She'd shaken off enough personal attacks and real hits to her ego over the year that giving in on that one and being the 'hero' seemed forced.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #72 on: June 10, 2010, 09:31:49 PM

Sue suddenly being nice didn't bother me quite as much as Mercedes and Kurt suddenly being happy to play second fiddle to Rachael and Finn.  There were entire episodes in the first half of the season that centered around them fighting to not be the token girly dude and the token black chick.  Then they get to regionals and it's the Rachael and Finn Show again with not a complaint from either of them.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #73 on: June 10, 2010, 09:40:47 PM

Well that was kind of the point. Mercedes and Kurt tried to get out of the shadow of Rachel (Kurt wasn't competing for the male lead parts) including joining the Cheerios at one point but it didn't work out so they came back and accepted their backup roles, at least for now. Jesse was Finn's competition for male lead part and in fact took that role from Finn while Jesse was in New Directions but when he went back to Vocal Adrenaline, Finn got his part back.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #74 on: June 11, 2010, 07:29:07 AM

Kurt and Mercedes were still in the cheerios. In the episode before regionals, they won the big cheer competition because Kurt did like a 10-minute solo.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #75 on: June 11, 2010, 09:42:29 AM

It was 14 minutes. Of Celine Dion. In French. And that's true Kurt is still in the Cheerios. It was only Mercedes that left the Cheerios after her fling with Puck.
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #76 on: June 11, 2010, 01:35:46 PM

I was bummed that the funk they brought in the previous episode ended up amounting to diddly squat for intimidation against Vocal Adrenaline.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #77 on: June 11, 2010, 01:45:45 PM

Almost nothing they do ever amounts to diddly squat in the greater "arc".  They spend the whole season practicing songs and making costumes and coming up with fancy choreography that they're going to use to win at the competition, and then come competition time they don't use any of it (except Don't Stop Believing).  Which I guess is so we don't get bored seeing the same songs over and over again -- but I think it'd actually be pretty cool if they'd done a bunch of songs over the course of the season and then picked the three best to do again but more awesome for the season finale.  But then, I'm a freak in that I like the "rough" and unaccompanied numbers better than the high production value ones in general.

Also, "To Sir With Love" was a better performance than anything they did at regionals IMO.  If nothing else, it was a much better ensemble piece (despite being originally written for one voice).
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: June 14, 2010, 03:35:36 AM

Finale was, ok. It felt like they tried to cram two or three episodes worth of story into a single episode though

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: June 17, 2010, 12:54:27 PM

I saw a coworker watching this, so I was like hm, what's all the fuss about. I found the finale performance online and was all "OMG OMG THIS IS SO MUCH AWESOME" So now I'm watching the series, starting with Ep 2 because the pilot isn't online anywhere.

I must say, it's pretty cool going into it, after knowing where it's headed. I saw the sheet music for Journey and was all, "Mmm hmm," nod knowingly.

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: June 18, 2010, 08:22:14 PM

And through second hand exposure, this show is giving me diabeetus.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: June 18, 2010, 10:28:13 PM

Omg omg things are happening, and stuff!

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #82 on: June 22, 2010, 03:31:41 PM

I saw a coworker watching this, so I was like hm, what's all the fuss about. I found the finale performance online and was all "OMG OMG THIS IS SO MUCH AWESOME" So now I'm watching the series, starting with Ep 2 because the pilot isn't online anywhere.

I must say, it's pretty cool going into it, after knowing where it's headed. I saw the sheet music for Journey and was all, "Mmm hmm," nod knowingly.

I watched the pilot on Hulu when the show first aired, but it's not there anymore.  swamp poop

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: June 22, 2010, 03:57:28 PM

I just went out at got the damn DVD. Those video diaries are freakin' cute. I was glad to see them eating big ass pizzas. I'm tired of watching actors starve themselves!

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #84 on: June 22, 2010, 04:57:26 PM

Library!

Then again, it's probably only in our library whenever my wife wants to pick it up because it's a singing and dancing show and I live in redneck country.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: September 21, 2010, 09:12:23 PM

Speaking of actors starving themselves, I saw pictures of Lea lately and she needs a freakin' sammich. I was afraid that shit was gonna happen.  swamp poop

HOLY CRAP NEW SEASON!

Spoilered just in case, though I imagine anyone who's gonna see it has already.

voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #86 on: September 22, 2010, 10:27:34 AM

Speaking of actors starving themselves, I saw pictures of Lea lately and she needs a freakin' sammich. I was afraid that shit was gonna happen.  swamp poop

She is totally skinny, it's true. But her bangs are really cute.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #87 on: September 22, 2010, 10:30:11 AM

Also, I thought it was kinda funny that they addressed the "Will sucks at rap" by having Artie rap in what, every song? They just need less rapping. Period.

Also, meow! at the new kid Sam (Gus Van Sant's wet dream).  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: September 22, 2010, 10:38:48 AM

Heh. I bet he's all gay and stuff.

Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: September 22, 2010, 03:34:52 PM

Ugh. I wish Mike Chang would have just stood there and sung whem Sam was auditioning. He's like this really creepy mime now, dancing around while everybody else sings. I suppose it can be attributed to how he loves dance and never gets the chance to do it outside that room. But still, holy crap! Even Brittany stands still once in a while!

Brittany was cute running off with her new sexual harrasment doll. Hehehehe.  Heart

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #90 on: September 22, 2010, 03:56:57 PM

Ugh. I wish Mike Chang would have just stood there and sung whem Sam was auditioning. He's like this really creepy mime now, dancing around while everybody else sings.

Yes.  I think the problem is that they haven't figured out what his character is beyond "Asian guy who likes to dance around a lot".
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: September 24, 2010, 03:29:15 PM

I watched it again last night, and when Quinn and Santana were fighting, I got chills when Brittany said, so quietly, "Stop the violence." At first I thought it was funny, but then realized it just might be a sign of a horrible history of abuse, of which Brittany has only been able to survive by pretending to be so dumb....
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 03:37:32 PM by Slyfeind »

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: September 25, 2010, 08:31:19 AM

Agreed with most of the points; the plot seemed a little over-worked, but I'm still look forward to a season which I hope will remain mostly lighthearted.

Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: September 29, 2010, 01:22:32 PM

BRITNEY SPEARS SEX RIOT.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #94 on: September 29, 2010, 10:43:05 PM

I watched it again last night, and when Quinn and Santana were fighting, I got chills when Brittany said, so quietly, "Stop the violence." At first I thought it was funny, but then realized it just might be a sign of a horrible history of abuse, of which Brittany has only been able to survive by pretending to be so dumb....

Nah, Brittany is just that dumb.

And more talented than all of them. Bitch.

Seriously, after the Britney Spears episode, if there was any doubt in my mind that Brittany and Santana are what made me watch the show, that doubt is gone.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: September 30, 2010, 07:12:52 AM

Seriously, after the Britney Spears episode, if there was any doubt in my mind that Brittany and Santana are what made me watch the show, that doubt is gone.

Yeah.  And Britney S Pears is hotter than I thought.  Holy shiet.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #96 on: September 30, 2010, 07:16:03 AM

For some reason she just looks a hundred times hotter with hair framing her face. Which is odd, since I think the other two cheerios look better with the ponytail look.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: September 30, 2010, 10:32:27 AM

Man, that hair made her sodamnhot in Artie's dream sequence last year, despite being dressed kinda frumpy at the time.

Holy crap. Even in an episode where she had almost half the screentime as everyone else, she still managed to keep it subtle. (Except when she was shoving her body right up in the camera.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? )

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: October 01, 2010, 01:00:54 PM

Unfortunately for Rachel she falls below the Vicky Mendoza diagonal

Fortunately, Santana and Brittany are just stupidly hot.

Will is being a bit too douchey right now, I prefer him as the nice guy.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 01:15:02 PM by K9 »

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #99 on: October 01, 2010, 01:11:55 PM

For some reason she just looks a hundred times hotter with hair framing her face. Which is odd, since I think the other two cheerios look better with the ponytail look.

Finally watched the episode last night, and I concur 100%.  My theory is that it's her nose.  Big hair has a way of making otherwise prominent facial features look more in balance with the rest of the face.
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: October 05, 2010, 07:46:03 PM

Agreed with most of the points; the plot seemed a little over-worked, but I'm still look forward to a season which I hope will remain mostly lighthearted.

Tonights episode hit waay too close to personal experience.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: October 05, 2010, 10:15:14 PM

I was surprised that

NOT what I was expecting at all. Freaking amazing. And on top of that, they still brought the funny.

Also the guy who plays Finn is getting better. They'll always face the auto-tuner; shit, they got like a day to learn the songs sometimes. But he put some serious mojo into it nonetheless.

Also,

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #102 on: October 06, 2010, 08:32:57 AM

I liked the episode, thought it did a decent enough job of expressing both sides of the issue.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #103 on: October 06, 2010, 08:43:00 AM

I wonder if they had to pay the people who made Across the Universe anything to use their version of that song.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #104 on: October 06, 2010, 02:28:59 PM

Love that arrangement - my favorite song in that movie. Some of the other songs in this episode, well, PVRs were made for fast forwarding Yentl.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Glee  
Jump to: