Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:18:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Glee 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Glee  (Read 58643 times)
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #210 on: May 20, 2011, 01:52:27 PM

No, she would not. Thats an area she will not cross. She may be evil, but he sister transcends this. Every villain has a reason for being a villain, he sister is a huge part of that. That does not mean she wont use her passing as more fuel however, hence running for office.

I agree that she wouldn't use her sister. But she would scheme with her sister, because she's done it before.

She's never schemed with her sister.  The event that you referred to happened many years ago when the Sue and her sister were young.  Her mother wasn't around so Sue got them both emancipated, since she was the one taking care of both of them anyway.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #211 on: May 20, 2011, 02:19:37 PM

The event I'm referring to was this season; Sue's wedding, where she married herself, culminating with Sue and Jean high-fiving in bed curled up with a book, in an "us against the world" moment.

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #212 on: May 24, 2011, 10:27:58 PM

Finale. Spectacular. Lots of fun. Nothing too big, just a good fun episode.

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #213 on: January 23, 2013, 06:06:14 PM

Just to rez the thread: Apparently Glee just up and decided to rip off Jonathan Coulton. They took his arrangement of Baby Got Back and decided to use it. (I think it's on tomorrow?).

Apparently not only did they not bother to change it at all (having pretty much just stolen the karoake version he put out) but they even left in the line "Johnny C's in trouble" which I'd imagine is gonna be hard to explain.

Fox's apparent position is they got permission from the owner of Baby Got Back, and don't need Coulton's at all. Or even to mention it to him. Legally, derivative works ARE covered under copyright (and Coulton had permission to use Baby Got Back) and if nothing else the instrumental and backing tracks to his version are entirely different than the original.

Even if Fox's legal wonks are correct, it's still kind of a dickish thing to do. (And apparently not the first time -- they ripped off DJ Earworm too, apparently, awhile back).
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #214 on: January 23, 2013, 08:49:18 PM

Just to rez the thread: Apparently Glee just up and decided to rip off Jonathan Coulton. They took his arrangement of Baby Got Back and decided to use it. (I think it's on tomorrow?).

Apparently not only did they not bother to change it at all (having pretty much just stolen the karoake version he put out) but they even left in the line "Johnny C's in trouble" which I'd imagine is gonna be hard to explain.

Fox's apparent position is they got permission from the owner of Baby Got Back, and don't need Coulton's at all. Or even to mention it to him. Legally, derivative works ARE covered under copyright (and Coulton had permission to use Baby Got Back) and if nothing else the instrumental and backing tracks to his version are entirely different than the original.

Even if Fox's legal wonks are correct, it's still kind of a dickish thing to do. (And apparently not the first time -- they ripped off DJ Earworm too, apparently, awhile back).

Why am I in trouble?
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #215 on: January 23, 2013, 08:56:33 PM

Because when you see that round thing in your face you get sprung?

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #216 on: January 23, 2013, 11:55:09 PM

Watched a couple of s4 episodes.

This show is now broken. They need to cut the fucking cord and let the New York plot go.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #217 on: January 24, 2013, 05:41:17 AM

JC is being such a good sport about this.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #218 on: January 24, 2013, 08:12:49 AM

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #219 on: January 24, 2013, 04:58:25 PM

He does need to get his springer unsprung. Or resprung. I don't know how cyborgs work.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #220 on: July 14, 2013, 03:33:31 AM

Although I don't watch this show much anymore there was some sad news.  Cory Monteith aka Finn Hudson was found dead in his hotel room last night.  He was 31.

He was pretty talented and had a future ahead of him even after the show.  Although from what I've read he's had a drug problem since he was 13 and was recently in rehab.  No foul play is suspected, but I assume it's drug related.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #221 on: July 14, 2013, 10:14:47 PM

Yeah it's sad.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #222 on: July 17, 2013, 07:45:41 AM

Yeah, fatal combo of alcohol and heroin from what I read.

Though perhaps the saddest part is that the very last thing he tweeted about before dying was SHARKNADO.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #223 on: July 17, 2013, 11:28:48 AM

From what I read it looks like his "friends" in Canada were pretty bad for feeding his habit too.  He'd do good when he was in the states and around his gf Lea Michelle, but he'd always be right back into it when he went home to Canada.  I guess they were even trying to stop him from even going back up there.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Glee  
Jump to: