Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 05:08:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Glee 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Glee  (Read 58679 times)
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: November 11, 2009, 09:01:29 PM

Just happened to walk into the living room as my sisters were watching this. I never walked out. Quite enjoyable.

"I wanna be very clear, I still have the use of my penis."  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #36 on: November 14, 2009, 08:58:28 AM

Whatsername's stutter has always bothered me as sounding really fake.  I'm glad to learn it was in-character bad acting rather than real-world bad acting.

Also, they need to stop humanizing Sue.  It confuses me.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: November 14, 2009, 10:27:44 AM

Whatsername's stutter has always bothered me as sounding really fake.  I'm glad to learn it was in-character bad acting rather than real-world bad acting.

Also, they need to stop humanizing Sue.  It confuses me.

Seriously, it's hard to hate her when she does nice things!
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #38 on: December 10, 2009, 11:24:50 AM

The season finale was  DRILLING AND MANLINESS.  I'm glad they had the balls to resolve the major plot points rather than stretching the same shit out for another season.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #39 on: December 10, 2009, 11:53:56 AM

Not season finale -- it was the Fall finale.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #40 on: December 10, 2009, 12:06:41 PM

Leaving aside that Fall is a season -- when do we get new episodes?

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #41 on: December 10, 2009, 01:56:26 PM

For new episodes it's going to be after AI (or near the end of it).

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #42 on: December 10, 2009, 01:58:09 PM

I can't tell you how proud I am that it took me a minute to figure out what "AI" is.   awesome, for real

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #43 on: December 10, 2009, 02:26:27 PM

I can't tell you how proud I am that it took me a minute to figure out what "AI" is.   awesome, for real

Took me a while too.  Nadir of my TV season.   Nothing like being bombarded about the next mediocre singer that I'll never hear about again.

-Rasix
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #44 on: December 10, 2009, 02:27:46 PM

Carrie Underwood just had a Christmas special on FOX. awesome, for real
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #45 on: December 10, 2009, 04:52:17 PM

Who?

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #46 on: December 10, 2009, 04:58:58 PM

She dated Tony Romo before Jessica Simpson did.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #47 on: December 10, 2009, 05:04:02 PM

Who?

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #48 on: December 12, 2009, 12:19:15 PM

"Sex isn't dating, if it was, Santana and I would be dating."

Hawt.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: January 23, 2010, 05:07:09 PM

Ok randomly watched this because I was bored and seem to have run out of trash to entertain me. It was fun. If I was going to start thinking for even a second I'd complain that they had a horrible schizophrenia in writing characters, back to back they went from nice and balanced one episode to psycho bitch the next. It does the fill the need of fun, mindless entertainment with some really good moments and overall enjoyable music. Ridiculous enough to pull it off much of the plot without making me gag.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: February 26, 2010, 09:06:15 AM

This is making it's way over to the UK and I have to say I'm enjoying it. It's pretty mindless, but I like it.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: February 26, 2010, 05:37:54 PM

This is making it's way over to the UK and I have to say I'm enjoying it. It's pretty mindless, but I like it.

It's a fun show, the ppl that think it's "OMG! HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL" are missing out I think.
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: February 28, 2010, 04:15:46 PM

Honestly from what I've seen of it, it's more like Desperate Housewives with music and teenagers.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #53 on: April 14, 2010, 11:40:42 AM

Did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks?

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: May 28, 2010, 08:20:43 AM

Is anyone still watching this? The second season got off to a sluggish start but has been picking up. The Madonna episode was probably the best episode they have done so far.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #55 on: May 28, 2010, 09:44:43 AM

Still watching.  I liked that in the last episode they actually did an original arrangement for a song.  And in the same scene hung a nice lampshade on the fact that the pianist is always improbably lurking in the background.

I was really annoyed by the obvious lip syncing (or maybe it was just really heavy autotune usage) in the "Bad Romance" cover, though.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 09:46:41 AM by Samwise »

Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: May 28, 2010, 09:56:30 AM

Still watching it, still liking it. Except that Kurt/Finn fiasco.

Kurt is clearly a crazy manipulative stalker. Letting Finn use a curse word he never used before just so that Kurts fathers rant seems justified is such a transparent viewer manipulation that it was extremely off-putting.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #57 on: May 28, 2010, 10:03:32 AM

I was really annoyed by the obvious lip syncing (or maybe it was just really heavy autotune usage) in the "Bad Romance" cover, though.
It's lip syncing. They rerecord the songs in the studio after (or maybe even before) filming the scene(s).
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #58 on: May 28, 2010, 10:53:39 AM

The "faggy" scene was a bit uncomfortable, but really well written/acted.  You'd expect that sort of reaction out of teenagers, and you'll see that sort of reaction for a long time to come. 

But really, what did Kurt expect?  His motives are completely transparent.  It'd be just as bad if you were in close quarters with a girl you didn't like sans the added homophobia angle.

Not a big fan of Gaga/Kiss so the music wasn't particularly strong for me this episode, but they were a little less clumsy when dealing with the issues unlike a few of the previous episodes.

-Rasix
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: May 30, 2010, 04:01:28 PM

The Kurt/Finn thing is awkward, but I agree that the acting was generally pretty convincing. Both characters are fairly sympathetic, which helps. I'm glad they're managing to spin up some new and interesting plot lines, since so many shows seem to fall down a plot black hole in their second season. The main plot line which seems to have gone dead for no particular reason is the Will-Emma one though.

The quip about the pianist was a brilliant little touch.

Santana makes the best Gaga by a long way, although all of their costumes were pretty awesome

voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #60 on: June 01, 2010, 02:15:47 PM

Still loving it! I was a little sad to see how quickly they tied up the "Shelby is Rachel's mom" arc, but they still have plenty of stories to work with. Can't wait for tonight's episode!

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: June 04, 2010, 10:24:26 AM

Finn is 16 all of a sudden?  Head scratch

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: June 04, 2010, 10:40:09 AM

Stars of high school based shows always start off 16 in the first year don't they?
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: June 04, 2010, 10:41:33 AM

Stars of high school based shows always start off 16 in the first year don't they?

I don't think they are supposed to be all Freshman.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: June 04, 2010, 10:45:32 AM

Wasn't he about to 'go off to college' in the previous season, when he still thought Quinn's kid was his?

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: June 04, 2010, 12:25:36 PM

Wasn't he about to 'go off to college' in the previous season, when he still thought Quinn's kid was his?

I think he's a junior.
March
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: June 08, 2010, 07:12:07 PM

"I'm not going to shake your hand, Will; I've seen the car you drive and I don't want to catch Poor."

"What kind of world would that be? A world where I couldn't make fun of you for tearing up more than Michael Landon in a sweeps week episode of Little House on the Prairie"

It took them all year, but I think they finally got the Sue calibration instruments to work.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #67 on: June 09, 2010, 12:03:34 AM

I was meh on most of the songs, and in general I think the music was stronger in the early episodes than it's been in the recent ones, but when they started doing To Sir With Love... well, I may have been a little verklempt.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #68 on: June 09, 2010, 02:40:47 AM

I liked the songs in the first thirdish of the season better as well but I was totally stoked when I found out the finale would be a Journey episode awesome, for real and it didn't disappoint.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #69 on: June 10, 2010, 11:53:29 AM

Man, it just now occurred to me that Sue did a really nice thing by letting Will think that she was the reason they lost.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Glee  
Jump to: