Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:48:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Here comes the next content patch (3.2) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Here comes the next content patch (3.2)  (Read 221090 times)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

on: May 22, 2009, 12:21:36 PM

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/underdev/

Patch 3.2: Call of the Crusade

The upcoming major content patch, Call of the Crusade, will bring a host of new features for World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King.
The Argent Tournament Expands: With the help of Azeroth's heroes, the Argent Crusade will finish the Argent Coliseum just in time to call for all brave citizens to prepare for battle with the Lich King. New dailies, rewards, and more will be available at the Argent Tournament grounds to lure adventurers into the coliseum.

Crusaders' Coliseum: In order to prepare for a siege on Icecrown Citadel, players will be called by the Argent Crusade to test their mettle in the Coliseum. 5-player, 10-player, and 25-player challenges await inside.

New Battleground: Isle of Conquest, a new large-scale siege Battleground, will be open. The Horde and Alliance will battle head-to-head for control of strategic resources to lay siege to the keeps of their opponents.

New Arena Season: Season 7 will officially start, paving the way for all-new items and challenges.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 12:25:06 PM

They are also removing Jemcrafting's Dragon Eye abilities to be prismatic.
In the next major content patch we will be removing the prismatic quality of the jewelcrafter-only Dragon’s Eye gems. Like other gems, they will have to match the socket color to receive a socket bonus. When this change occurs, players with qualifying jewelcrafting skill will be provided a yet to be determined amount of Dalaran Jewelecrafter Tokens as compensation.

This is going to hit some specific classes/specs especially hard, including disc priests, shadow priests, warriors; all those set bonuses are going away, AND you'll be forced to also correctly socket blue for your meta requirements.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 12:30:18 PM

The Coliseum thing scares me a bit. Is it going to be 25 people jousting? God I hope not.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 12:30:32 PM

players will be called by the Argent Crusade to test their mettle in the Coliseum. 5-player, 10-player, and 25-player challenges await inside.

25 person jousting inc!

Over and out.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 12:32:49 PM

That would be as popular as Malygos.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 12:41:02 PM

But what if it was jousting with flying mounts!  Over lava!

Over and out.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 12:47:07 PM

The crying over the JC change is delicious.  I particularly liked, "Way to turn an elegant profession design into a complete load of crap. "

Right, because there's NO reason to be a JC now. Just like there's no reason to be a chanter or a tailor.  Ohhhhh, I see.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 12:49:29 PM

The compensation in tokens better be pretty good, as its going to be fucking expensive to regem everything on my elemental shaman.

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: May 22, 2009, 01:18:13 PM

I'm placing my bet now on 3 tokens.   awesome, for real

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #9 on: May 22, 2009, 01:20:04 PM

Yay, looks like we get to do Ulduar for the rest of the year!

What the fuck, where's this "secret raid" they talked about so much before release?

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #10 on: May 22, 2009, 01:24:26 PM

My guild was probably going to do Ulduar for the rest of the year anyway.  why so serious?

I sort of assumed the Colisseum was a raid what the with 25-man challenge part, but ... yeah, I dunno what they would do with that. Also, another BG? I'm a little surprised.

God Save the Horn Players
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: May 22, 2009, 01:26:46 PM

My impression is that the coliseum raid thing isn't a full raid, more like OS.

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: May 22, 2009, 01:30:46 PM

That new BG sounds like an attempt to take AV out back and shoot it.

The raid jousting sounds like something I will be strangely too busy to attend raid nights for.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: May 22, 2009, 04:28:05 PM

Ugh, the Argent Tournament is just terrible, and the fact that they are hammering home on this leaves me totally uninterested.  There is still plenty of content to keep me busy otherwise, so I'm not worried on that front.  However, it does leave me thinking they are going to have jousting be important to Icecrown Citadel raids in some manner.  This won't effect me, since I won't be raiding it, but I'm really surprised they are trying so hard to get their playerbase into vehicle based gameplay.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: May 22, 2009, 04:28:31 PM

What would make this ring of blood style raid go from ok to awesome would be to have a string of raid bosses from all the old content somehow being conjured/summoned for you to test yourself on.  

Seriously, ghost-ragnaros would be  awesome, for real

edit:jousting has nothing to do with the content, just dailies. they've said this will be ring of blood +++

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: May 22, 2009, 04:35:36 PM

What would make this ring of blood style raid go from ok to awesome would be to have a string of raid bosses from all the old content somehow being conjured/summoned for you to test yourself on.  

Seriously, ghost-ragnaros would be  awesome, for real

edit:jousting has nothing to do with the content, just dailies. they've said this will be ring of blood +++

I will not believe that they're just up and dropping jousting after wasting time coding it until I see it. That screams "gimmick we're going to use in the upcoming raid content and are testing/preparing you for"
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: May 22, 2009, 04:37:56 PM

You'll be jousting in IceCrown Citadel or whatever.

Phase 3 of the Arthas fight.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #17 on: May 22, 2009, 04:50:32 PM

You'll be jousting in IceCrown Citadel or whatever.

Phase 3 of the Arthas fight.

Someone in Blizzard would actually be murdered if they did that. They've gotten death threats before, but that would be the one that put some rabid fanboi over the edge. To wait for essentially 5+ years to fight THE dude from WC3, and they make it a gimmick.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: May 22, 2009, 04:58:42 PM

The Jousting is pretty cool when you don't have to do the jousting mini game.

Those kill the undead in front of the citadel stairs quests are fun if you get a full group and just everyone charge in and steamroll it all. It even looks cool and only takes like, 30 seconds to do.

Maybe not fight Arthas, but I could totally see a 'gauntlet' boss where your just have to blow past a hallway mounted, leading the charge as Argent Troops surge in behind you. None of that 'melee, melee, melee, charge, throw, melee' nonsense. Just straight ahead plow through everything! Ride of the Rohirimdiumidem (I'm sure Ing will correct me soon) and all that.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: May 22, 2009, 04:59:09 PM

Besides leviathan there are no gimmick fights in ulduar, it's also probably the easiest fight in there. They aren't stupid, they know people hate the gimmicks and I bet the only reason jousting even went it is that they had most of it already done.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #20 on: May 22, 2009, 05:34:57 PM

Which means it's probably the first fight like FL, which I'm fine with. That fight doesn't bother me at all in terms of vehicles. It's undertuned, it's not long, and it doesn't respawn all the trash if you fuck up or DC.

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: May 22, 2009, 05:51:11 PM

The crying over the JC change is delicious.  I particularly liked, "Way to turn an elegant profession design into a complete load of crap. "

Right, because there's NO reason to be a JC now. Just like there's no reason to be a chanter or a tailor.  Ohhhhh, I see.

There is some pretty impressive whining going down on the official forums.

I see a lot of people mentioning tailoring for DPS casters; is the lightweave embroidery that good?

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: May 22, 2009, 07:39:42 PM

Fuck jousting, and fuck Blizzard harder.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: May 22, 2009, 08:03:56 PM

I see a lot of people mentioning tailoring for DPS casters; is the lightweave embroidery that good?

It's nice but it's not godly. About the same bonus you get from any profession really.  What I like most is cheap leg enchants for myself.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #24 on: May 22, 2009, 10:43:10 PM

Something wrong?

Edit: Not that I don't agree with the fuck jousting statement.  You just seem to have soured on Blizz.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 10:53:27 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: May 22, 2009, 11:01:13 PM

They nerfed Thorns.

cry

nurtsi
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: May 22, 2009, 11:32:08 PM

I thought this arena season would've been the last and there wouldn't be any more on the normal servers.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #27 on: May 23, 2009, 05:19:34 AM

It's nice but it's not godly. About the same bonus you get from any profession really.  What I like most is cheap leg enchants for myself.

What Lakov said.  I like having lightweave, it provides a nice boost to casting quite often and it's better than the other back enchants.  It's good, but not enough to make it a mandatory profession for a caster class.  The leg enchants are very nice as they only cost one of the high end threads and you get a small bonus.    However, I was seriously considering switching to JC because it WAS that good.

The meta gem thing often forces some hard decisions on non-JC characters, and being able to activate my meta while equipping 3 far-superior gems is nutty.  If my DK were a JC he'd have an additional 65 strength - 130 AP. (Replace 3 of my Bolds with the JC gems and add 2 Bolds to replace the gems I've got only for the meta bonus.)  That's nutty.

- I switched to talking about the DK because my priest doesn't have a meta yet. Now that everyone has mains leveled & geared through naxx there's 'too many' healers out there for runs and not enough DPS.   awesome, for real
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 05:21:52 AM by Merusk »

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: May 23, 2009, 06:17:30 AM

You have a too many healers issue?

I have a "my DK hasn't logged in for months due to no need for more DPS" issue. <3
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: May 23, 2009, 07:02:11 AM

I've got a great idea for Blizzard.

It's called 'Fix the fucking Argent Tournament as it is before adding more bugs to it, KTHXBAI'

It's a snappy title, I'm sure everyone will agree.

Worst part is I really want to like the whole event (is it an event? It's hard to describe it, the achievements classify it as such), I love the idea of the joust - it's just the reality is currently disappointing and takes way too long to overcome the bugs.

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: May 23, 2009, 07:03:52 AM

Something wrong?

Edit: Not that I don't agree with the fuck jousting statement.  You just seem to have soured on Blizz.

I am soured on Blizz.  Instead of making WoW more immersive, it's become less immersive.  I also play on a shitty server full of trade chat retards, and have reached my retard limit.  Plus I have PMS.

Mostly I just hate the whole Argent Tourney thing.  This is the content I waited for?  And now they're taking this shitty Argent Tourney thing and expanding it?

Maybe it will surprise me somehow and not have more jousting and actually be fun.  I don't know.  I really should take a break not only from my shitty server (which I'm doing) but also from posting in WoW threads until I feel better.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #31 on: May 23, 2009, 07:15:43 AM

I have a "my DK hasn't logged in for months due to no need for more DPS" issue. <3

Yeah, but only for Naxx runs.  It seems every other person has a healer as their alt, OR the Naxx runs want only "Wow Heroes ratings of 2100 or better!" so they can run with only 2/4 healers (depending on 25 or 10 man.)

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: May 23, 2009, 08:18:45 AM

Blizzard could fix the meta issue pretty simply by moving Armour Pen from Red to Blue. Blue gems are a bit under-loved at the moment:

Red:
  • Strength
  • Attack Power
  • Agility
  • Parry
  • Armour Pen
  • Expertise
  • Spell Power
  • Dodge

Yellow:
  • Int
  • Resilience
  • Haste
  • Hit
  • Crit
  • Defense

Blue:
  • Stamina
  • Spirit
  • mp5
  • Spell Pen

So Red has 8 stats associated with it, Yellow, 6 and Blue 4. Moving Armour Pen to Blue would seem like the best option. Since metas require at most 2 blue gems, and frequently reauire less, physical DPS can make the requirement with armour pen or stam hybrid gems, and caster DPS can hybrid with spirit. The only classes that this leaves out are Elemental Shamen I guess.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #33 on: May 23, 2009, 09:08:24 AM

And discipline priest. Spirit does nothing for us.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: May 23, 2009, 09:24:06 AM

Yeah, but only for Naxx runs.  It seems every other person has a healer as their alt, OR the Naxx runs want only "Wow Heroes ratings of 2100 or better!" so they can run with only 2/4 healers (depending on 25 or 10 man.)

Man, I just checked, and my priest is 2098 on wow-heroes. And I can two healer naxx fine. <3 People are stupid though, it's a little strange the gear requirements they put on what is essentially trivial content if you have a solid tank.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Here comes the next content patch (3.2)  
Jump to: