Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:37:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Here comes the next content patch (3.2) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Here comes the next content patch (3.2)  (Read 221092 times)
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #1120 on: September 28, 2009, 12:50:41 PM

They can go kitty, and put points into the talent that gives them a 30% speed increase.  It's almost as good as travel form speed.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1121 on: September 28, 2009, 02:09:53 PM

Arena spec, not necessarily pvp spec. Its that new instant-nature-spell-with-5-combo-points thing.
It proc'd twice for me in several hours of playing.  It's a worthless little gimmie, because you need a reason to shift out to cast, and if you need to shift out to cast you've got bigger problems than relying on a large dose of luck to proc it in order to save your hide.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1122 on: September 28, 2009, 02:45:38 PM

Arena spec, not necessarily pvp spec. Its that new instant-nature-spell-with-5-combo-points thing.
It proc'd twice for me in several hours of playing.  It's a worthless little gimmie, because you need a reason to shift out to cast, and if you need to shift out to cast you've got bigger problems than relying on a large dose of luck to proc it in order to save your hide.

It works very well in arena because arena fights are mostly about keeping pressure up until you can CC the healer and dump a big amount of burst on someone all at once, and you can do a lot of interesting things with instant cyclones and such in that kind of scenario - you don't have to use the thing right away when it procs I believe so a good team can wait for the druid to get a proc and then coordinate their big megaburstdump together.

Ferals also just do quite a lot of damage in general now - I think because of the itemization/weapon changes for them they're no longer falling behind the other melee classes in these later seasons on the upgrade curve.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1123 on: September 28, 2009, 05:14:03 PM

Luck?

5 points = 100%

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Shrike
Terracotta Army

Reply #1124 on: September 28, 2009, 09:39:47 PM

Moreover, at this point of the game ghost wolf isn't a travel form. Not really.

My main objection is just the bullshit excuse for not giving this to enhance, despite the fact we labor under low hit points and lack of any credible damage escape abilities.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1125 on: September 28, 2009, 11:21:39 PM

5 points = 100%
I have five points invested.  Are you saying it should go off with every attack?  Omen was proccing far, far more often, and that's not exactly happening every fight.

Gobbeldygook
Terracotta Army

Reply #1126 on: September 29, 2009, 12:02:34 AM

I have five points invested.  Are you saying it should go off with every attack?  Omen was proccing far, far more often, and that's not exactly happening every fight.
You're really not getting it.  If you land a five-point finisher on someone, you can instantly swap to caster and follow up with a cyclone or whatever.  There is no RNG in that.  Land a 5 point finisher, get an instant spell if you swap to caster.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1127 on: September 29, 2009, 12:48:30 AM

Each Combo point is 20% chance for the ability to proc on a finishing move. Build up the full five combo points and you will have 100% guaranteed proc, every single time.

Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #1128 on: September 29, 2009, 10:00:25 AM

The shit like this they give to feral is why I'm still playing this title at all. Funnest class out of any MMO I've played. Too bad in don't really use, as I am bear spec, and my BG pvp strategy is to discourage people from targeting me while I soak up honor from the hard work of others  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1129 on: September 29, 2009, 10:43:56 AM

Each Combo point is 20% chance for the ability to proc on a finishing move. Build up the full five combo points and you will have 100% guaranteed proc, every single time.
Then I must be missing it since I'm hitting my five point finisher about five seconds into a fight.  It's completely useless at that point since I've got it stunned and it's dead before coming out.  Still, I've only noticed it a few times.

Of course I haven't fought all that much due to brewfest, and prior to that the server was utter crap so all sorts of oddities were happening.

Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #1130 on: September 29, 2009, 10:48:25 AM

What talent is this?

Vash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1131 on: September 29, 2009, 11:01:40 AM

What talent is this?

Predatory Strikes, they just added the 20% per combo point for an instant cast nature spell thing in 3.2.2.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1132 on: September 29, 2009, 11:45:11 AM

Then I must be missing it since I'm hitting my five point finisher about five seconds into a fight.  It's completely useless at that point since I've got it stunned and it's dead before coming out.  Still, I've only noticed it a few times.

Of course I haven't fought all that much due to brewfest, and prior to that the server was utter crap so all sorts of oddities were happening.

Its not going to be useful generally fighting your normal leveling type mobs anyway, really. They don't live long enough. For PVP though, people live long enough for it to matter.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Vash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1133 on: September 29, 2009, 02:07:34 PM

Its not going to be useful generally fighting your normal leveling type mobs anyway, really. They don't live long enough. For PVP though, people live long enough for it to matter.

It's not just awesome for heals either, it adds a lot of utility.  Shifting out of feral to instantly cast CC like Cyclone or Roots, or even an instant cast Starfire to finish a runner at low health has to be pretty fun and useful in a PvP setting.
Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #1134 on: September 29, 2009, 02:20:50 PM

What talent is this?

Predatory Strikes, they just added the 20% per combo point for an instant cast nature spell thing in 3.2.2.

Interesting, gives me more a reason to level my druid, but I want those 20% increased exp items from the Argent Tournament first....

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #1135 on: September 29, 2009, 02:41:21 PM

It's not just awesome for heals either, it adds a lot of utility.  Shifting out of feral to instantly cast CC like Cyclone or Roots, or even an instant cast Starfire to finish a runner at low health has to be pretty fun and useful in a PvP setting.

Starfire isn't a nature spell so it won't work on that.  It'll work for Wrath, though.

Over and out.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #1136 on: September 29, 2009, 04:26:02 PM

I haven't levelled a druid enough to be sure; does mana regen in forms?

You could always use the proc to pop off a heal and carry on grinding.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1137 on: September 29, 2009, 04:44:02 PM

I haven't levelled a druid enough to be sure; does mana regen in forms?

You could always use the proc to pop off a heal and carry on grinding.

It didn't a long time ago, but it does now.  It's one of those things they keep wibbiling back and forth on, IIRC, that puts druids from "OMGWTF MAN!" to "ha ha you play a druid" from time to time.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1138 on: September 29, 2009, 05:11:07 PM

Ferals actually have talents that specifically generate mana while they feral it up. Imp Leader of the Pack specifically. Mana isn't an issue for ferals unless they have to chain shift or chain cast.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1139 on: September 29, 2009, 09:06:35 PM

We also have two nice feral talents that increase our mana pool significantly and give a nice boost to heals in cat form.  So I have the extra mana to shift, heal, shift back and get a nice boost to my HoTs while picking the fight back up.  Oh, and shifting to cat form reset my energy back to 100.

It's tough to get the flow down, but it makes us able to soak a lot of damage if we do it right.

Edit: I don't know how I even got that word.  Brain is broken.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 10:44:37 AM by Lantyssa »

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #1140 on: September 30, 2009, 03:37:34 AM

Yeah, early on (like, sub level 40's) for Feral, mana may be an issue if you need to shift and cast more then 5 or 6 times a minute.  However, once you start getting up there, mana should never really be an issue.

We have 2 talents that pretty much all DPS based ferals should have that reduce Shifting Costs.
In the Resto tree - Natural Shapeshifter - Reduces ALL form shift costs by 10% per point (3 pt talent).
In the Feral Tree - King of the Jungle - Reduces The cost of Bear and Cat shifts by 20% per point (3 pt talent).

plus Improved Leader of the pack Returns 8% of our maximum mana on a crit (6 second internal cooldown).

Plus, mana regen DOES naturally occur when shifted.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Here comes the next content patch (3.2)  
Jump to: