Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:13:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Here comes the next content patch (3.2) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Here comes the next content patch (3.2)  (Read 221091 times)
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: May 23, 2009, 09:31:00 AM

Disc priests can get some mileage out of spirit. Sure it's not a great stat, but you can get away with socketing a couple of the +8 int/spirit or the +9 sp/+8 spirit gems to make up a meta without much loss. With the nerfs to rapture and soul warding you need some baseline regeneration, particularly in 10s. I cannot imagine that you would have dropped Meditation, and as long as you have meditation you are getting some benefit out of spirit. You could always take the mp5 gems in place of spirit if you want as Disc; however since I don't have two full sets (Holy and Disc) I'll take a couple of hybrid spirit gems in crossover pieces since they give good benefit to holy, even if they only give marginal benefit to disc.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 09:33:18 AM by K9 »

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Shrike
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: May 23, 2009, 01:55:26 PM

The JC thing kinda sucks, but I can see where they're coming from. I was pretty haphazard with my own prismatics, but as a JC, I do have some options (also, I'm dps, so I don't much care--my slot bonuses usually suck).

Now, the Argent Tourney...for the love of all that is holy NO MORE FUCKING VEHICLE HORSESHIT!. I hate that stuff with the white hot passion of an exploding star. Can't stand it anymore. The AT quests suck ass on a global scale. I don't want to see any more of this shit. Hell, I was just bitching about them a few hours ago in /guild. I don't get much sympathy, but I still hate the damned things. Fucking jousting. Spare me.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #37 on: May 23, 2009, 03:02:16 PM

Fuck jousting, and fuck Blizzard harder.

After running a few BGs this weekend I agree, Fuck Blizzard.  I fail to see how Resto druids are in any way shape or form acceptable.  why so serious?

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: May 23, 2009, 08:02:35 PM

After running a few BGs this weekend I agree, Fuck Blizzard.  I fail to see how Resto druids are in any way shape or form acceptable.  why so serious?

I'm going to have to agree with you....and this is as a resto druid.  Well to be more accurate, I was a feral druid (and having fun), but realized the game was not meant to be played as a druid as anything but resto.  Seriously, it's time to kick this sub class the fuck back down the ladder, and not just a little, a lot.  It's not fun to play, and it sucks in people from the funner aspects of druids like funless black hole.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: May 23, 2009, 08:30:45 PM

What, you dont like required a MS debuff and 3 DPS'ers to kill a single Resto Druid?

In like, 2 minutes?

awesome, for real

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: May 23, 2009, 09:32:20 PM

What, you dont like required a MS debuff and 3 DPS'ers to kill a single Resto Druid?

In like, 2 minutes?

awesome, for real

I likes it just fine when it's me being wailed on, and I just spam nourish and swiftmend and shit.... DRILLING AND MANLINESS....nah even then it sucks.   It's like when I use all those abilities I can actually see the class imbalance coded right into the game Matrix style.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 11:20:48 PM by Ashamanchill »

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: May 23, 2009, 10:39:08 PM

One WSG, our team had some 3 man arena squad on our side.

Ret Paladin, Unholy DK and a Resto druid. Start of the match they tell the rest of us "Just stay D guys, keep the flag here and we'll win". I dunno if it was because they all had those super glad titles on, or if we were all just broken souls from being stuck in WSG, but the rest of us did just what they asked and camped our flag room to hell and back. We need not have bothered.

The 3 of them walked across the field, absolutely DESTROYING anything that got in their way. But that wasn't the comedy.

No, the comedy was the Resto Druid walking the flag back in tree form. Like it was a Sunday stroll. 5-8 of their guys at any one time are trying to stop these 3 amigos with the flag. They would either be chain snared from desecrate, obliterated by the combined burst of the Ret+DK or just be absolutely useless as the Resto Druid strolled down the BG, HoTing everyone along the way. There was just no way this tree was going to actually die.

We won 3-0 in about 10 minutes, most of that was their travel time as they farmed kills along the way.

Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: May 23, 2009, 11:27:12 PM

Yeah tree runs are getting ridiculous.  I remember back when the one pvp application of feral's bear spec was that it was decent at running the flag.  That has been absorbed into resto.  I remember when you had to go boomkin as a druid to do spell damage, well kiss my grits, resto stole that too.  i apologize if this rant sounds a bit bitter, but this is coming from someone playing inside the class (or at least someone who has a druid...I've long since rerolled alts to try to sift through the original wow for the fun).  I can't imagine the bitterness from those outside of it. 

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: May 24, 2009, 01:21:21 PM

I'm going to have to agree with you....and this is as a resto druid.  Well to be more accurate, I was a feral druid (and having fun), but realized the game was not meant to be played as a druid as anything but resto.  Seriously, it's time to kick this sub class the fuck back down the ladder, and not just a little, a lot.  It's not fun to play, and it sucks in people from the funner aspects of druids like funless black hole.

....are you fucking serious? druid tanks are some of the best in game, even after nerfs they beat warriors hands down and balance druids are routinely in the top dps.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: May 24, 2009, 05:27:02 PM

Now, the Argent Tourney new "siege" battleground...for the love of all that is holy NO MORE FUCKING VEHICLE HORSESHIT!
I fucking hate Strand and how it prioritizes standing in one place damaging either inanimate objects, or vehicles that completely ignore you as you drive by. I imagine I would hate Wintergrasp for the same reason if it wasn't too much of a lagtastic cluster for me to figure out what is actually supposed to be going on. If they add more vehicle-based pvp, and give it crazy awesome rewards (like WG) or add it as a requirement for For Great Honor or something, I will rage.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: May 24, 2009, 05:33:44 PM

I fully expect the new battleground to be a requirement for For Great Honor; to not do so would simply cause the segment of the playerbase that liked it to whine until it is (See: Alterac Valley).

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #46 on: May 24, 2009, 07:35:17 PM

If the new instance thing in 3.2 isn't good I think I may actually quit playing until 3.3 drops.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: May 24, 2009, 11:36:24 PM

....are you fucking serious? druid tanks are some of the best in game, even after nerfs they beat warriors hands down and balance druids are routinely in the top dps.

I am playing a cat right now.  I'm doing so mostly because it's overpowered as fuck.

AKA Gyoza
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #48 on: May 25, 2009, 11:09:44 PM

The only classes that this leaves out are Elemental Shamen I guess.

Yes, well, that's pretty much traditional at this point.  Ohhhhh, I see.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: May 26, 2009, 02:40:39 AM

I am playing a cat right now.  I'm doing so mostly because it's overpowered as fuck.
I have a full set of Naxx best in slot Moonkin Gear, and Near Best in Slot Naxx Level Feral Tank and DPS gear for my druid.  Probably the most fun hybrid class i have ever played.  I probably should start arenaing some time and collect a full set of PvP resto gear, but i pretty much hate PVP with a passion.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: May 26, 2009, 09:31:47 AM

If you guys could stop with the massive nested quoting, that would be great.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: May 26, 2009, 09:35:06 AM

I have a full set of Naxx best in slot Moonkin Gear, and Near Best in Slot Naxx Level Feral Tank and DPS gear for my druid.  Probably the most fun hybrid class i have ever played.  I probably should start arenaing some time and collect a full set of PvP resto gear, but i pretty much hate PVP with a passion.

If you guys could stop with the massive nested quoting, that would be great.

Do what now?

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: May 26, 2009, 09:56:59 AM

After five long years.

Oddly enough, I ranked cat and bear lower on the totem pole of needed changes than travel and aquatic.  It's nice that we'll at least have a choice now, but my fear is the hair color I like on my character will correspond to a form skin I don't like.

Also, since the first preview just looks like a reskin of the same model, I won't hold my breath on the hideous aquatic form or the dull placeholder travel form changing to an actual new model.

Edit:
Quote from: Blue
Also, in the screenshots the bears are roaring, but when just sitting normally, their mouths will close in a toothy grin so to speak.

Looks like at least one new animation, too.  I hope there's some gender differentiation on some of the forms, but I won't hold my breath on that either.

Another edit:

Actually, taking a closer look it looks like they're new models after all.  The polygon count looks better and some of the details have changed on the new models (claws and teeth for example).

And as long as no one replies, I can just keep a running conversation with myself with edits.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 10:21:51 AM by Nevermore »

Over and out.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: May 26, 2009, 10:36:08 AM

Nice update for druids. I wonder if they will bring back the minor glyphs that alter the form graphics.

Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #54 on: May 26, 2009, 10:43:05 AM

Horns also have changed.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: May 26, 2009, 10:48:05 AM

Nice update for druids. I wonder if they will bring back the minor glyphs that alter the form graphics.

No, it's being done through the barbershop.

Over and out.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #56 on: May 26, 2009, 11:10:19 AM

Looks like at least one new animation, too.  I hope there's some gender differentiation on some of the forms, but I won't hold my breath on that either.

Ugh, I don't. Wait, maybe for tauren cat form, as it has a mane. But otherwise there's not really a reason to have any difference between the sexes for the animal forms. Plus I don't trust Blizzard to do anything "different" between the sexes without making the female versions wear pretty pink bows or something asinine like that.

God Save the Horn Players
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: May 26, 2009, 11:12:48 AM

Agreed on the no gender differentiation. The only real visible difference between male and female bears, other than size, is a giant pair of swinging nuts on the males and I really, really don't need that added to WoW.

EDIT: Also just say no to moonkins with boobs. They could totally make the male ones all bright and peacock-looking though, and then have the females be drab, but I don't think that would go over very well, no matter how pleasing my inner David Attenborough would find it.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 11:14:26 AM by Ingmar »

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: May 26, 2009, 11:21:17 AM

I got that, I meant glyphs as an extension to the system. As I recall one made your bear form resemble a polar bear. It seems unlikely, but far from impossible.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: May 26, 2009, 11:37:22 AM

I got that, I meant glyphs as an extension to the system. As I recall one made your bear form resemble a polar bear. It seems unlikely, but far from impossible.

That was what they were going to do originally, but it was replaced with this barbershop thing.

Agreed on the no gender differentiation. The only real visible difference between male and female bears, other than size, is a giant pair of swinging nuts on the males and I really, really don't need that added to WoW.

EDIT: Also just say no to moonkins with boobs. They could totally make the male ones all bright and peacock-looking though, and then have the females be drab, but I don't think that would go over very well, no matter how pleasing my inner David Attenborough would find it.

The forms I had in mind were tree and moonkin (and no, I don't mean Pamela Anderson in fur), though it would also be nice if female tauren cats didn't have manes.

Over and out.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: May 26, 2009, 12:03:04 PM

Did you just say you wanted gender difference in trees? You do know how this whole nature thing works, right?  Or did you mean some trees with leaves and some with bright pink cherry blossoms? That's doable but has and should have zero to do with gender.

Really all they need is 1-2 cat options without mane and you're set, otherwise I think the changes are fine.  Moonkin are just owlbears and neither owls nor bears really have much difference when it comes to gender so I don't see how moonkin would.

On a side note I always wished improved shadowform gave a new effect.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: May 26, 2009, 12:13:11 PM

I think warlock demon transformation is a much better drum to beat for having gender-specific forms, personally.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: May 26, 2009, 12:14:14 PM

Funny, I was just about to post I'd like it for Metamorphosis too.

Over and out.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: May 26, 2009, 01:43:58 PM

I am seriously unimpressed with the new form art so far. This is what half a decade of waiting got?

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: May 26, 2009, 01:48:02 PM

I am seriously unimpressed with the new form art so far. This is what half a decade of waiting got?

What exactly were you waiting for? It wasn't like you were going to suddenly get a photorealistic bear out of one of Alamo's pictures.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: May 26, 2009, 01:49:47 PM

They've been saying for awhile they want the Feral Art to be on par with the Epic Flight Form art.

What they have presented, is not.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #66 on: May 26, 2009, 01:58:52 PM

/violin

-Rasix
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #67 on: May 26, 2009, 02:00:53 PM

At least they're dealing with your lockjaw. I don't see what the fuss is all about.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: May 26, 2009, 02:02:29 PM

They've been saying for awhile they want the Feral Art to be on par with the Epic Flight Form art.

What they have presented, is not.

I think you will need to see them 360 degrees and animated before you can make that call, the epic flight form doesn't really look that exciting when its just sitting on a rock itself.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: May 26, 2009, 02:11:19 PM

I just know they're going to use my prefered hair color for the fur and feather pattern I find most hideous.  Just watch.

I think warlock demon transformation is a much better drum to beat for having gender-specific forms, personally.
Yes please.  I have a host of Demonology 'locks I would be much more interested in leveling if they didn't turn into "YOU ARE NOT PREPARED" Illidan as their last power.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Here comes the next content patch (3.2)  
Jump to: