Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:22:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: The Sims 3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Sims 3  (Read 91834 times)
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #35 on: May 22, 2009, 12:46:27 AM

too wicked awesome. I made a bachelor with a manservant who just cooks and cleans the house. Decided to look for a partner in workplace. Discovered she's not that rich so I dumped her. A job opportunity gave me a chance to have dinner with a rich client. Went over to her house and it was huge, but she appears to be married. No problem, I hang out with her after work in the park and took her home for some woohooos after a plate of fish n chips.

I told her to divorce her man and move in, taking in her daughter too. She brought in 5k, a car and laptop. Score! Now my stepdaughter's learning how to cook pancakes for daddy while wearing bikinis while i plan to get her a new mom in 2 weeks.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: May 22, 2009, 10:41:44 AM

As a first time Sims-player, I'm really, really enjoying this. The UI is just so smooth that decorating and building is just pure fun. I haven't seen much of the actual game yet, I'm too busy cheating and building! ACK!

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: May 22, 2009, 11:42:34 AM

too wicked awesome. I made a bachelor with a manservant who just cooks and cleans the house. Decided to look for a partner in workplace. Discovered she's not that rich so I dumped her. A job opportunity gave me a chance to have dinner with a rich client. Went over to her house and it was huge, but she appears to be married. No problem, I hang out with her after work in the park and took her home for some woohooos after a plate of fish n chips.

I told her to divorce her man and move in, taking in her daughter too. She brought in 5k, a car and laptop. Score! Now my stepdaughter's learning how to cook pancakes for daddy while wearing bikinis while i plan to get her a new mom in 2 weeks.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I am so looking forward to this game.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: May 22, 2009, 12:16:35 PM

Argh! swamp poop It doesn't auto-save, for fuck's sake! Worst cockstab ever.

rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: May 22, 2009, 05:50:14 PM

Yeah I turned off the tutorials and was shocked to discover that the whole neighbourhood actually ages, get married, have kids, and get promotions as you progress with your active family.

squirrel
Contributor

Reply #40 on: May 22, 2009, 09:28:11 PM

Really? I haven't touched the Sims since, well, forever. But that's some fun sounding shit.

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: May 22, 2009, 11:10:05 PM

It's great. I haven't explored all the careers, but right now i'm working on my political career ladder and there's a Fund raising requirement to boost your job performance rating and quicken your promotion. You can either throw a fund raising party or solicit donations from door to door. And after that you can dip your hand into it and pocket 10% of the total donations.

Yes, you can step out of your office, walk to an occupied house and ring on the bell to chit chat and woohoo wives while their husbands are away. And you can intentionally get them pregnant too.  why so serious?

I was working on my presidential bid when I died of old age. Fuck.  swamp poop I was sure I was going to be promoted on my next work day too.

Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: May 23, 2009, 10:52:33 AM

Really? I haven't touched the Sims since, well, forever. But that's some fun sounding shit.
It's recommended by doctors. It crashes to desktop a bit and might do so while you're saving... so I'm making a LOT of saves. It's probably a crappy crack though and this is a guaranteed purchase for me.

It's an odd idea but it seems like EA has actually taken a milk cow and throughly changed/improved it. That's a gold star in my book.

AutomaticZen
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: May 23, 2009, 11:14:06 AM

Interesting.  I had a birthday party with cake, but I didn't touch the cake.  Aged once.

Went back to clean up the place, accidently touched the cake, and aged myself into old age by having another birthday.

Damn time-traveling cake.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #44 on: May 23, 2009, 01:17:37 PM

It's recommended by doctors. It crashes to desktop a bit and might do so while you're saving... so I'm making a LOT of saves. It's probably a crappy crack though and this is a guaranteed purchase for me.

I haven't had this problem. Ever. Even during a sleepless night and 5-6 hours of Sims 3.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: May 23, 2009, 02:52:50 PM

Yeah it's pretty stable for me. I can alt tab smoothly and hasn't crashed once but they really should've included an auto save option just to save on tears and rage. The improvements they've made to the career ladder is fantastic. No longer are you forced to upgrade 5-7 skills and felt like grinding on books while on a sofa all day just to gain that promotion. Every job have some differences but most of the time you're required to do something outside your working hour to boost work performance rating like political fundraising or interrogating the locals as a cop.

My latest family of two got a free police cruiser from advancing to the vice squad while the stay at home wife just picked up a HUGE chunk of meteorite worth $3,8k from using the space telescope.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #46 on: May 23, 2009, 06:34:16 PM

Damn, you bastards are making me want to play this..  ACK!

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
schild
Administrator

Reply #47 on: May 23, 2009, 09:39:22 PM

See Schild:

See schild watching Schild write a forum post so he can come on a forum and write a forum post. Dawg.

This shit is so meta I shit myself.
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: May 23, 2009, 10:10:29 PM

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: May 23, 2009, 10:46:50 PM

Until the Divorce Court Expansion ruins it for everyone.

AKA Gyoza
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: May 24, 2009, 07:33:55 AM

Pro-tip!

Remove your roof. Completely. It never rains it seems and it does miracles for the level of perceived decoration. why so serious?

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: May 24, 2009, 07:56:44 AM

It's a skylight for the entire house.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: May 24, 2009, 08:01:25 AM

I guess you could say that. awesome, for real

Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #53 on: May 24, 2009, 08:06:50 AM

See Schild:

See schild watching Schild write a forum post so he can come on a forum and write a forum post. Dawg.

This shit is so meta I shit myself.

I bet if you knew how, you could mod the computer so the screen showed a picture of F13 when e-Schild was using it.
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #54 on: May 24, 2009, 04:23:38 PM

Interesting; according to the official Sims 3 page registering your copy online grants free download of another whole pre-made town to play in, plus $10 worth of sim money for their online item shop. Makes one wonder just how accidental that torrent leak was.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: May 24, 2009, 10:02:47 PM

Gee, astronauts only have to work for one day in a week.  awesome, for real

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #56 on: May 26, 2009, 08:04:32 PM

Yeah I turned off the tutorials and was shocked to discover that the whole neighbourhood actually ages, get married, have kids, and get promotions as you progress with your active family.

Holy shit!

God Save the Horn Players
schild
Administrator

Reply #57 on: May 26, 2009, 09:48:54 PM

Guess I'm not buying The Sims 3 just to futz around. Why, you ask?

http://fundrace.huffingtonpost.com/neighbors.php?type=name&lname=wright&fname=will&search=Search

Because he obviously doesn't need any more money. Sure as hell wasn't going to get it to support EA.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #58 on: May 26, 2009, 10:11:08 PM

I know that can be upsetting, but isn't it a foregone conclusion that any upper management of a large company is going to be a right winger?

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #59 on: May 26, 2009, 10:12:25 PM

No.
schild
Administrator

Reply #60 on: May 26, 2009, 10:55:02 PM

I know that can be upsetting, but isn't it a foregone conclusion that any upper management of a large company is going to be a right winger?
wat
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: May 26, 2009, 11:12:08 PM

Didn't he leave EA to join the Will Wright Is Awesome foundation, or something?
schild
Administrator

Reply #62 on: May 26, 2009, 11:14:47 PM

Didn't he leave EA to join the Will Wright Is Awesome foundation, or something?
He left EA to join the "EA Didn't Want to Pay Me for 365 Days a Year Since I Only Come Up With Something New Every 7" Thinktank. EA still gets to pick and choose whether they make any of his....ideas before anyone else does.
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: May 26, 2009, 11:18:47 PM

So he loses his paycheck and they still retain right of first refusal? What a crappy deal.
schild
Administrator

Reply #64 on: May 26, 2009, 11:35:38 PM

Also, what's up with the lack of orders for this game from my affiliate link. I know for sure most of you folks are buying it for yourselves secretly or for someone else (but secretly). So, what gives?
Falwell
Terracotta Army

Ghetto Gear Solid: Raiden

Reply #65 on: May 27, 2009, 02:25:07 AM

Also, what's up with the lack of orders for this game from my affiliate link. I know for sure most of you folks are buying it for yourselves secretly or for someone else (but secretly). So, what gives?

Yeah ya pricks, Schild even dropped a subtle hint in his sim's screenshot. You'll notice his sim's bank account mirrors his own and you heartless fuckers SHOULD have picked up on this as his way of reaching out to us for help.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #66 on: May 27, 2009, 05:07:32 AM

Goddamn games is addicting.  I wanted to try it out since I haven't played since the first week of 2.  This game has fixed almost all of my complaints about the first two.  Now if only I could turn off aging as my Romantic partner has suddenly become old and I don't want to marry her anymore since she'll die in a few days and I'm just barely halfway there.   All that relationship work for naught.

Gee, astronauts only have to work for one day in a week.  awesome, for real

My Rock Star only has to work 3, but he's on the 8th step of the music path.

When I order it, Schild, I'll do it through the Aff link. I'm waiting until the first paycheck comes through.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #67 on: May 27, 2009, 05:26:58 AM

I probably will, since I don't need to recieve it right on release day now.

Made myself - Slob, Couch Potato, Computer Whiz, Book Lover, and something else... I gain Fun points for sleeping!
About 8:30 last night it occured to me that I should make dinner at some point.

I will say though, I am not happy that 90% of the sims in the game look like Jay Leno.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: May 27, 2009, 08:00:44 AM

Then it wouldn't be a secret?

For the aging, have you looked in the options (or was a mod to the ini made to enable it showing in the options)?

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #69 on: May 27, 2009, 08:15:41 AM

Goddamn games is addicting.  I wanted to try it out since I haven't played since the first week of 2.  This game has fixed almost all of my complaints about the first two.  Now if only I could turn off aging as my Romantic partner has suddenly become old and I don't want to marry her anymore since she'll die in a few days and I'm just barely halfway there.   All that relationship work for naught.

There's almost certainly an aging-off cheat in the game, there was one in Sims 2.

God Save the Horn Players
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: The Sims 3  
Jump to: