Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:45:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  The f13 Radicalthon  |  Topic: Dragonica Closed Beta Impressions. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dragonica Closed Beta Impressions.  (Read 10525 times)
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

on: May 07, 2009, 09:20:40 AM

Platforming, Sidescrolling Action with Diablo style level up and gear drops = Dragonica.

When the tutorial mentioned I can let go of my mouse and fully utilize keyboard as my controller, I was skeptical. But 5 mins into the tutorial, I was convinced this game isn't playable with a mouse. In fact, a gamepad is more suitable for its rapid action, and where the fuck is my turbo button.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 09:28:29 AM

Also the loading screen art is  awesome, for real

UnSub
Contributor

Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 09:30:44 AM

Is that Bruce Lee in Hell or something?

schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 09:31:05 AM

ok now I want to play it
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 05:02:25 AM

hit level 20 and job change to acolyte. The job change quest is brutal. I thought Ragnarok Online was pretty mean, but this one takes the cake.

I failed to take any screenshot while I was enduring the 2 hours of platforming hell in Farrell's Mansion but a diagram would suffice. We started from the bottom btw.

Red arrow denotes failed attempts. Blue indicates success. Circles indicates boss room encounters. I did it with a 2 man team earlier and failed on our first try. There's no rezzing. If you die you have to restart the instance. We waited for another member and managed to beat it with 2 mages and 1 hunter.

If you managed to reach the lab you will fight this guy.

Killing this dude completes your job change. Yayyyyyy!  why so serious?

Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 10:55:58 AM

Do not download the client from games.on.net, that fucker isn't up to date and can't be patched, it seems.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 01:08:57 PM

I can't believe you're playing this instead of posting more Covert Action!

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 07:20:59 PM

I can't believe you're playing this instead of posting more Covert Action!

this guy looks legit it's an interesting game really. I couldn't get into Maple Story, but this game managed to pick up my attention with its 'flexible combat'

Edit: Tried PVP and man it's hard. Part of it is gear based, while another is more on your arcade reflexes. Reminds me of those brawl game where the first one to make mistake is usually eating a one long chain combo.

You can actually start joining the team arena / free for all at level 10. Winning will reward you with CP and you can spend these for set items much like WoW. My mage is finding it hard to survive in tight quarters. I couldn't eat one air combo without dying so backdash aplenty while spamming instant casts are probably viable strat.

I rolled a warrior and got him to 20. Messing around in arena is pretty sweet. Even though I know I'm out levelled and outgeared, I know I had a shot if my ranged stun lands on the ranged opponents or I manage to dash in to land an uppercut.. Uppercut the bastard and tornado him in the sky. Then landing on his face with  a ten tonnes hammer before relaunching him again for a second rape. I think the max was 5 v 5 and 10 man free for all.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 08:53:39 PM by rk47 »

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 05:04:09 PM

This is lots of fun. I just postponed my Lost marathon as I can't stop playing. Ow.

rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 10:08:17 PM

Hey nice, Achievement gives stat bonuses. I just realized it today. You can only have one bonus active though.

And it even recommends you the next tier of gear you should aim to get! Pretty sweet features overall in the journal. So be sure to check it out.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 10:13:11 PM by rk47 »

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: May 27, 2009, 03:56:15 PM

The FP preview beta starts in 3 days for those of us (like me) who missed the CB. 
http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/dragonica-online/

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Le0
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: June 11, 2009, 05:22:49 AM

this one looks interesting I'm going to give the open beta a go
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  The f13 Radicalthon  |  Topic: Dragonica Closed Beta Impressions.  
Jump to: