Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:39:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Content Flood (10$ game box, Level Cap +, 2 new zones this year, Skirmish Sys ) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Content Flood (10$ game box, Level Cap +, 2 new zones this year, Skirmish Sys )  (Read 25570 times)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

on: April 24, 2009, 07:26:31 AM

In a nutshell, the LvL cap is going up, how much is not said. They are indeed going to expand into southern Mirkwood this year. They are adding Dol Guldor this year.

Notable is a bit about the "Skirmish System," some detail is given in this Massive article (second quote of this post).

Turbine Talks the Future of LOTRO on the Eve of Its Second Anniversary

LotRO two-year anniversary: Book 8 details announced

All I can say is, holy fucking shit, Turbine "The content gods". That's 3 entire zones and about 4 new features just this year (Not including the expansion).
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 07:52:46 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 07:43:10 AM

Plus, we were teased with a bit of exciting information regarding customizable soldiers that you can train and bring into these skirmishes. Unfortunately, that's all we got on that.).

So something akin to guild wars style heroes?

Edit to fix me from looking like a retard as Yeg points out. :)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 08:01:09 AM by sigil »
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 07:48:37 AM

Why would you quote all that just to ask a short question?  I'm not made of mouse wheels.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 07:50:15 AM

Spoilers, people, Spoilers.

"Me am play gods"
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 07:52:07 AM

Why would you quote all that just to ask a short question?  I'm not made of mouse wheels.

Seriously....

But to answer his question, i found out a bit more. But exact details are not out there, just overview stuff, no nerd rage required yet.

-Skirmishes.
Participate in battles across middle earth.
Past or in the Future...
You all get to go into instances and depending on the size of the group, the instance will change, it is dynamic. Changes with size of group, many different challenges which could change.
Experience them in different ways.
Customize soldiers. Create, trait soldiers, even if your solo or small group. To create a more epic feel, a feeling of War

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 07:56:45 AM

We will not be getting a UI update for a while, I think.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 07:59:52 AM

That's because I got interrupted and forgot to edit.  I screwed up. Fixed.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 08:00:24 AM

So, can that 10 dollar deal be used to add the Moria expansion to my existing account?
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 08:04:06 AM

So, can that 10 dollar deal be used to add the Moria expansion to my existing account?

Yes, or rather, i don't see why not. Take note, that its the Digital download.

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: April 24, 2009, 08:10:56 AM

Yes, I was being lazy so I went and checked. $9.99 upgraded me to Moria and there was nothing to download. I guess that huge patch I had to get when I first reactivated my account included it.

I don't think I got the free month that a new subscription gets but I can live with that.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: April 24, 2009, 08:23:04 AM

I guess that huge patch I had to get when I first reactivated my account included it.

Yep.

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: April 24, 2009, 08:28:12 AM

So which of the prizes is the most useful? I'm leaning towards the +10 radiance dwarf horn.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: April 24, 2009, 08:30:50 AM

So which of the prizes is the most useful? I'm leaning towards the +10 radiance dwarf horn.

Your talking about the coins from buying the expansion, not the rare drops off mobs for the anniversary?

Are you two in guild yet?  ACK!

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: April 24, 2009, 08:37:13 AM

Right. I'm talking about the two expansion coins. The tokens you get for monster killing I know about, that was going on last year when I first subscribed.

I'm not on the same server as you guys. I think I'll see how long I last before burning out before I pay to transfer.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: April 24, 2009, 08:38:13 AM

I'm not on the same server as you guys. I think I'll see how long I last before burning out before I pay to transfer.

huh huh huh huh huh

sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: April 24, 2009, 08:52:41 AM

Are you two in guild yet?  ACK!

I have one in, but I need to add the rune master that I actually like playing. I'll ask next time I'm on.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #16 on: April 24, 2009, 09:06:48 AM

Just roll up a new guy.  We will deliver pies together!  Pies!

Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: April 24, 2009, 09:49:45 AM

My guess is that they'll bump the level cap in the last book before the paid expansion, then have the expansion be almost solely endgame content. In my opinion, that makes much more sense then having the other way around which is the norm now. Maybe bump it 5 levels at a time, 5 levels in book 10 (or whatever) and another 5 when the expansion arrives. I don't think that so much content in the expansion packs have to be levelling content benefits the pacing of the game. The average player may then sorta seamlessly keep levelling like they've been doing the months leading up to the paid expansion.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
schild
Administrator

Reply #18 on: April 24, 2009, 10:27:53 AM

Downloading client. Will join Brandywine.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: April 24, 2009, 10:28:36 AM

Downloading client. Will join Brandywine.

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #20 on: April 24, 2009, 10:28:51 AM

zomg

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #21 on: April 24, 2009, 01:05:55 PM

WTH?
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: April 24, 2009, 01:46:57 PM

He said he'd get in if it was ten bucks...
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #23 on: April 24, 2009, 02:51:05 PM

I'm full already.  Haven't even finished all my epix. 

Let me know if ya'll need a 19 Grd in the Kin -- I can port him over from Elendilmir to scrum.
schild
Administrator

Reply #24 on: April 24, 2009, 04:23:15 PM

Irony of ironies, the day I decide to try LOTRO, my roommates bring me 1701 AD from work. If this sucks me in, my 3 hours in LOTRO will be the shortest time I've ever spent in an MMORPG before. And it would have nothing to do with LOTRO.

WE'LL SEE. DUN DUN DUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: April 24, 2009, 04:49:55 PM

Welp, so much for getting this undenned.   Tantrum
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #26 on: April 24, 2009, 05:04:34 PM

Ha, it would take quite a bit more than a three hour tour for that.  Personally, I'm kind of inclined to keep LotRO buried until they implement a really-customizable UI.  Hello, McTurbine! *knock knock*

I pretend I have powers.

Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: April 24, 2009, 05:14:11 PM

Oh I wasn't expecting miracles.  I still fully expect Schild to hate the game.  It getting moved is at best a pipe dream, and at worst a reality that would confuse the hell out of me for weeks where I'm still looking for the link down in the graveyard.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #28 on: April 24, 2009, 05:17:35 PM

I, for one, would love to see a tale of schild helping Holly Hornblower appear in the Radicalthon.

schild
Administrator

Reply #29 on: April 24, 2009, 05:26:24 PM

Under what reasoning did you think this would get moved because I was playing?
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: April 24, 2009, 07:46:56 PM

Under what reasoning did you think this would get moved because I was playing?

Because I'm pretty clearly not sane?
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: April 24, 2009, 10:40:04 PM

Also of note from the article:

"On the "free addition" front, Turbine is targeting June for the release of Book 8, the next part of the epic storyline. Book 8 will add new instances, new locations, and new bosses based on a return to Moria.

Later plans include new skirmishes to show that the escalating war of the Ring. Previously secure areas like Buckland and Weathertop will have instance-based battles aimed at players of multiple levels. "Skirmishes are a way for the players to become more front and center," Steefel explains. "In a war, you need people to lead, so there's a layer of customizable soldiers you can utilize."

The team that recently reworked the early areas of the game, specifically the dwarven and elven starting lands, is now moving on to do their tweaking magic in the Lone Lands and North Downs. There are also plans to raise the level cap later this year, but it's not clear how or whether this is related to Mirkwood."

rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #32 on: April 25, 2009, 07:01:31 AM

I, for one, would love to see a tale of schild helping Holly Hornblower appear in the Radicalthon.

He was playing a prissy elf, not a lumpy hobbit.
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #33 on: April 25, 2009, 04:14:39 PM

Unless I missed something, shouldn't that US$ 10,00 deal for the game be up by now? Turbine store is still charging $20. Far too steep.
---

found a direct link to it.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 06:35:36 PM by Itto »

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: April 25, 2009, 05:30:51 PM

Just got back from Best Buy, and they are still selling MoM for $50! 
edit to add spoiler <edit> to fix spoiler
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 07:43:59 PM by rattran »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Content Flood (10$ game box, Level Cap +, 2 new zones this year, Skirmish Sys )  
Jump to: