Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:45:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Content Flood (10$ game box, Level Cap +, 2 new zones this year, Skirmish Sys ) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Content Flood (10$ game box, Level Cap +, 2 new zones this year, Skirmish Sys )  (Read 25505 times)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: May 05, 2009, 09:14:15 AM

because I was killed in five minutes when I was 18 levels over the content is not acceptable to me.

Its funny, this is one of the things i love about the game, content is still challenging when you go help out lower level friends. Love the dread system.

Not trying to trivialize anyone's hardships, but I can't think when the last time i had seen someone in this thread, asking in kinship for halp! I know myself, and Rattran, and Bandit would more than welcome the chance to come help anyone who asks... Just saying, I don't really do PUGS myself, i mostly kin-group.

But, that's irrelevant i guess, carry on. I would however recommend everyone do the eastern lone lands book quest, and standalone instance.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: May 05, 2009, 09:24:24 AM

There's no sidekicking (why?)

Some mutant form of this appears to be coming with the skirmish system, but it looks like it'll only apply to certain dungeons.  It's also likely 6-12 months away from being in game.  There also appear to be NPC henchmen coming at some point, to pad out groups, in about the same timeframe.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: May 05, 2009, 10:36:24 AM

Not trying to trivialize anyone's hardships, but I can't think when the last time i had seen someone in this thread, asking in kinship for halp! I know myself, and Rattran, and Bandit would more than welcome the chance to come help anyone who asks...

Oh, if you guys were on Gladden, believe me, I'd ask for help.

I'm considering making an alt on the F13 server just so I can do some group stuff. LotRO is plenty fun solo, but I miss the subtle joy of healing and buffing others, or CC'ing for a guy who has three yellows trying to gang bang him.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: May 05, 2009, 10:41:24 AM

I mean, our kin is quite casual (with some exceptions), so i'm not saying there is always 50 people on. All i am saying is, we have many fine fine helpful people, that part of their enjoyment is helping others at lower level, part of that joy, is the content is not completely a walk through, even if over leveled.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #109 on: May 05, 2009, 10:48:45 AM

V1 B2 was indeed a bitch but in the end it was some of that crazy fun you read about.  We even had some glitch where Radagast was standing around in combat mode when there were no wights around, but my wife found some in the far end and once we re-killed them he unbugged and climbed the steps.  However, I don't always have the time or inclination for that shit, plus my wife only wants to duo with me.

Also, fuck me if I know what the hell happened outside of "Radagast helped us chase off Ivar", but I guess that's the meat of it.  Well, there was also this funny bit where he was talking to a squirrel.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #110 on: May 05, 2009, 12:03:54 PM

I like how he stood around looking bored while 2 waves of 3 wights pounded at me. Lazy Istari jerk. No wonder nobody likes him.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: May 05, 2009, 02:42:35 PM

He's just pissed that when they handed out colors he got brown.
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: May 05, 2009, 07:19:58 PM

I'm considering making an alt on the F13 server just so I can do some group stuff. LotRO is plenty fun solo, but I miss the subtle joy of healing and buffing others, or CC'ing for a guy who has three yellows trying to gang bang him.

I would definitely be interested in this, I have been itching to make a Warden.  Some scheduled kin grouping might work for me.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #113 on: May 05, 2009, 10:14:51 PM

There are plenty of low-level alts in the guild to play with people. I've got 2 spots left for new toons, and I'm willing to twink peoples.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: May 06, 2009, 05:49:32 AM

Also, fuck me if I know what the hell happened outside of "Radagast helped us chase off Ivar", but I guess that's the meat of it.  Well, there was also this funny bit where he was talking to a squirrel.

The rest of that story is somewhat told in the standalone instance.

Some scheduled kin grouping might work for me.

This could happen.

Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #115 on: May 11, 2009, 09:10:59 AM

Bought the promo played until level 10 with the champ, and quit, far too damn slow for me. Got 25 days left on the acc. If anyone wants to fool around with it, just send me a pm.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Hayduke
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: May 14, 2009, 06:16:13 PM

Ah gave it a shot with the promo, but they wouldn't send me a CD-key that'd work to register.  I'm almost glad for it cause I don't really need a mmo addiction.
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #117 on: May 14, 2009, 06:23:57 PM

Use another browser.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: May 19, 2009, 02:08:12 PM

Turbine is suffering from a severe case of content incontinence. Most of book 8 available for peeks on Thursday, on Bullroarer.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?&postid=3706563#post3706563

Bullroarer will go live on Thursday May 21 at 7:00PM Eastern (-4 GMT) and we need you there! Bullroarer is a true test server and we‘ll be conducting a test right off the bat! We’ll be conducting a login queue and server test promptly at 7:00PM.

It’s important everyone who logs in remain in the queue. Don’t be discouraged by your position in the queue or the wait time estimates. No one is sneaking in ahead of you. Everyone will be allowed in at the same time. It’s an important test so please be on time!

Once the world is open be sure to test out our new Summer Festival! You’re going to like what you see! There will be devs in game to help you find the new goodies, too!

Sometime between 7:00PM and 8:00PM we’ll make an in game announcement regarding the opening of the Book 8 epic story line. If you want to see it first, you’ll need to be logged in and ready to go!

What you need:
You’ll need Bullroarer installed and fully updated prior to 7:00PM on Thursday. Make sure you’re patched well ahead of time or you’ll miss the test! You can download it here.

If you’re on Meneldor server, congratulations! Your characters have been copied over to Bullroarer and will be ready to go at 7:00PM (But you’ll still need to patch before then)! All other character data has been removed from Bullroarer so if you had a character there prior to today, it has been removed (Sorry Big E!).

For those not on Meneldor, we need you too! Because this is a true test server we need test data from all levels, areas and play styles. This is a very early look at Book 8 and your feedback is invaluable regardless of level. We’re very sorry but because of this need for a broad level range of feedback, the Eyes and Guard Tavern will not be available.

What to expect:
Because Bullroarer is a test server you can expect to see things that aren’t quite right. That’s the whole point! We’re very interested in feedback and bug reports. Book 8 is looking good but we’re counting on you to help make it even better!

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #119 on: May 20, 2009, 05:14:16 AM

I'm going to log into Bullroarer and complain about Evendim pathing.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: May 20, 2009, 05:58:28 AM

Here's a brief update on the Anti-Exploit problems.

The problem involving water affecting AE mode has been fixed. Players on the Isengard Private Preview server are reporting positive results. As one player put it:

Quote:
... if people can actually kill things in Annuminas and Tyl Ruinen, that's HUGE news.
This fix will be in Book 8 and will be testable on the Bullroarer test server when Book 8 is opened there.

There will still be cases where Anti-Exploit mode is triggered, but they should be predominantly legitimate cases where the monster cannot reach the player.

Link.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: May 21, 2009, 11:02:53 AM

Book 8 patch notes are comming soon. however, this was droped on us.

• All reputation tokens now stack to 100.

Jamiko
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: May 21, 2009, 12:00:18 PM

I just picked up the Collector's Edition box from Best Buy for US $15 not sure why. Guess it was because I paid full retail for one and it seemed like a great deal. It was marked $29.95 and 50% off.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #123 on: May 21, 2009, 12:38:33 PM

I havent played in over 2 weeks with parents visiting, and frankly I'm feeling a little burn out.  I was looking forward to finishing Moria and Bk7 till Xmas.  An other bunch of raid zones means even more content that I'll probably never get to experience.  For example, still havent done Carn Dum for Class Quests, and Helgorod has 15 quests (I counted them in my quest log before deleting them all).  No one runs Helgorod, so nice -- stuff I paid for I'll never see.  How very WoW.

For the record, every MMO I've quit is because as the expansions arrived there was still a bunch of stuff/zones I hadn't experienced and increasingly couldn't because they required groups.  And the mudflation didn't offer players any incentives.  I don't get why Turbine is so desperate to shove out more content so soon.  Not with all the new players who just arrived at and since MoM.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #124 on: May 22, 2009, 07:10:17 AM

I get it, but I also think they need to continue with the softening of the requirements for non-new content.  There's not a huge need to soften the Great Barrow instance, I think, since people seem to be running that often enough (on Brandywine, anyway) but there are some less-frequented areas.  Besides any of that I think there are too many fellowship quests anyway, and some of those are just punishing.  Hopefully their revamp crew will fix some of that so that non-catass people can enjoy old-world content.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Content Flood (10$ game box, Level Cap +, 2 new zones this year, Skirmish Sys )  
Jump to: