Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:28:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NHL Playoffs '09 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NHL Playoffs '09  (Read 115324 times)
WayAbvPar

Reply #35 on: April 20, 2009, 08:58:11 AM

I just noticed that I somehow have Shea Weber on my team. I don't think he will score too many points in the playoffs. WTF.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: April 20, 2009, 09:38:48 AM

FYI, Stewie is tied for 86th overall in the CBC pool.

To put that in perspective, Naum is tied for 39,438th.

That's what I get for not picking any Penguins and starting Jose Theodore…

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #37 on: April 20, 2009, 11:00:54 AM

That's what I get for picking Nabokov as my star goalie.  ACK!

Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: April 20, 2009, 01:09:09 PM

You should both also get a smack upside the head. Better luck in round 2, it'll be harder to completely fuck up.

Carey Price in net tonight, eh? Wellll.........

Welcome to 0-3, Habs.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 03:37:05 PM by Azaroth »

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: April 21, 2009, 06:46:52 PM

Absolutely godly performance by Fleury. Total ass from the rest of the pens.

Wins is wins, though.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #40 on: April 22, 2009, 05:35:08 AM

Hell of a game last night. Luongo remains god. Go Ducks, Go! (so we don't have to face Detroit in the 2nd round)

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: April 22, 2009, 06:35:47 AM

God bless the Fleury. Sykora needs to get scratched, he's obviously hurt.  Gonchar has been oddly inconsistent. 

We need an easy matchup next round to get our shit together.  Also, I want to be able to attend games in person.  Go Caines and Caps!

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: April 22, 2009, 07:03:27 AM

Next round (in the East) will be BOS vs. NYR and CAR vs. PIT.

Rangers will take Washington in 7. Varlamov won't stay hot, IMO. He's what, 18?

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
WayAbvPar

Reply #43 on: April 22, 2009, 08:07:20 AM

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: April 22, 2009, 10:00:53 AM

Yeah, but give the Blues credit. It wasn't like the Montreal/Boston sweep. At least they competed.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: April 22, 2009, 10:27:44 AM

Absolutely godly performance by Fleury. Total ass from the rest of the pens.

Wins is wins, though.

He made up for the dreadful game 3 performance and carried the team to victory.

Eh, Pens played well in period 2 but got back on their heels in period 3, playing not to lose and did their best to serve the game up to the Flyers. Fleury had different ideas and the only one he let in, I don't think Spiderman could have stopped… …very sloppy in their own end, forwards and D-men both — Eaton, Scuderi, Orpik all lazy and by the end of the period, weren't even capable of even icing the puck.

On Boston v. Montreal, Detroit v. Columbus, Jackets & Habs totally outgunned…

Anaheim v. SJ very competitive, thought Ducks had upper hand last night, started to impose their will I thought, then I fell asleep at 3-3 and wake up to discover SJ won…

Chicago v. Calgary has been very exciting series to watch — I love the way the Hawks play but Khabby needs to have his A game going for them to have a serious shot and I think no matter, any of these teams will be punked by Detroit…

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
WayAbvPar

Reply #46 on: April 22, 2009, 02:07:18 PM

Yeah, but give the Blues credit. It wasn't like the Montreal/Boston sweep. At least they competed.

The Blues are going to be a nightmare next year. All the kids have some seasoning, and if they improve their blueline and maybe a bit more secondary scoring they will win a playoff series next year.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #47 on: April 22, 2009, 02:24:07 PM

I didn't know you were allowed to slidetackle goalies now.

Fleury played really well, and was lucky when he needed to be.

Series could easily be 3-1 the other way.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: April 22, 2009, 02:58:35 PM

I'd like to gloat about being tied for 83rd here for a moment.

How's 40,192 working out for you there, Naum?

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: April 22, 2009, 03:08:09 PM

Yes, gloat. And ridicule me for picking Jose Theodore… …WTF was I thinking…

…though Osgood easily could have netted 3 SO instead of 1, and there's still game 4 to go…

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #50 on: April 22, 2009, 04:18:08 PM

Yes, gloat. And ridicule me for picking Jose Theodore… …WTF was I thinking…

…though Osgood easily could have netted 3 SO instead of 1, and there's still game 4 to go…

Ozzy looks good. Detroit's D looks good. And the team is hitting.

Look the fuck out NHL :)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: April 22, 2009, 04:56:39 PM

Oh look, Montreal is completely fucked and really sucks.

Edit: You know, I should sign back up to WoW just for tonight. I used to play with a bunch of French Canadian guys that I could really be razzing right now. Fuck, it's even raid night.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #52 on: April 22, 2009, 09:05:22 PM

Has there been a franchise in any sport more prone to ridiculous chokes as the Washington Caps?

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: April 22, 2009, 10:34:27 PM

Has there been a franchise in any sport more prone to ridiculous chokes as the Washington Caps?

Phoenix Suns? Chicago Cubs? San Diego Chargers?

Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: April 23, 2009, 10:26:53 AM

Relying on a player who, every single time he touches the puck, rushes down the left side and fires the puck through the legs of the defenseman in a whirling dervish of fucking predictability to play thirty minutes a game of the laziest defense known to man and shoot the puck literally thirty times (less than half of which hit the net, even) whether a shot is the right play or not isn't a good playoff strategy.

Washington is a good fucking team. Flat out. One of the best teams in the East on paper, if not THE best. And I'm not saying Ovechkin is really the problem. But how about some fuckin' defense.

I watched the Caps/Rags game last night, yo. Ovechkin played almost 30 minutes, and I couldn't have told you that. Mostly because when his team is in the defensive zone, Ovechkin is nowhere to be seen in the frame.

"Huh. Well, that's OV's line again. Where the fuck is OV?"
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 10:28:52 AM by Azaroth »

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: April 23, 2009, 12:26:18 PM

I watched the Caps/Rags game last night, yo. Ovechkin played almost 30 minutes, and I couldn't have told you that. Mostly because when his team is in the defensive zone, Ovechkin is nowhere to be seen in the frame.

Waiting for a pass.

Caps look like they've been well crafted for regular season success but need to exchange a few parts to attain postseason success. Much like the Pens in the early Mario years…

Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: April 23, 2009, 05:08:04 PM

Waiting for a pass.

Caps look like they've been well crafted for regular season success but need to exchange a few parts to attain postseason success. Much like the Pens in the early Mario years…

15 years ago Peter Bondra was the same way. The Caps have an affinity for puck-hogging cherry-picking wingers.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Strazos

Reply #57 on: April 23, 2009, 05:30:09 PM

lol, Montreal.

Carey Price, next Patrick Roy, amirite? awesome, for real

What is he now, 1-8 career in the playoffs? lolz

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #58 on: April 23, 2009, 06:05:22 PM

Lulz at Pitt's pitiful play tonight.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: April 23, 2009, 06:16:00 PM

How can you be surprised. Their last three games have been complete and utter fail.

Game 7 should be interesting if the Pens decide to show up (because game 6 is guaranteed to be a Philly win at home with the Penguins playing like this).

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #60 on: April 24, 2009, 03:21:05 PM

Phoenix Suns? Chicago Cubs? San Diego Chargers?

Those are teams with just general long streaks of futility. The Caps seem singular in their ability to completely outclass the teams they ultimately lay down for in the playoffs.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: April 24, 2009, 03:31:15 PM

Sharks.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: April 25, 2009, 02:27:20 PM

Pens win!

« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 07:37:40 AM by Azaroth »

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: April 26, 2009, 07:39:12 AM

Flyers draft pick charged with killing referee, burying body

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Flyers-draft-pick-charged-with-killing-referee-?urn=nhl,158910

I've heard of immersing your prospects into your systems at a young age, but come on Philly.

Come on.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
WayAbvPar

Reply #64 on: April 27, 2009, 08:35:14 AM

Holy shit I have seen that guy play like 10 times! He was a T-Bird for a year or two.

naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: April 27, 2009, 04:20:54 PM

Brashear suspended for 6 games. 5 for his crushing "blind site" hit on Ranger Betts and 1 for a pregame skate altercation…

Too excessive?

Seems so to me, given that a guy can swing a stick at another skater and rarely get penalized. Harsh penalty imposed just because the injury suffered.

Strazos

Reply #66 on: April 27, 2009, 04:42:19 PM

More like, not enough penalties/suspensions for shit that gets let go in games.

Fear the Backstab!
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: April 27, 2009, 04:51:24 PM

They're inconsistent at best. Brashear got that much because he's a goon, plain and simple. Any other player gets 1-2, if anything.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #68 on: April 27, 2009, 10:40:32 PM

naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: April 28, 2009, 02:51:48 PM

Eulogy: Remembering the 2008-2009 Calgary Flames

Thus, it isn't with sadness, but with hope that we, the friends of the Calgary Flames, look into the future. We remain confident in Daryl Sutter's sunny disposition and indisputable financial acumen, and we know that many great deeds still lie before us as the Flames once again confirm the answer to that ancient and vital question: what is the difference between the Flames and a training bra?   

A training bra, of course, has two cups.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOc6CCLlap8

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NHL Playoffs '09  
Jump to: