Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:15:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: My BRUTE! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: My BRUTE!  (Read 90694 times)
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: April 05, 2009, 10:37:40 PM

Your staff avails you not against my disarm skill!

Schild, on the other hand, has killed me twice now. 22 points of axe damage and strong armor make me a scarred panda.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 10:39:57 PM by Stormwaltz »

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: April 06, 2009, 12:43:33 PM

The potion seems rarer, but the shield is pretty elite IMO.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: April 06, 2009, 12:44:06 PM

Also I can't believe I got involved in this.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Salamok
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: April 06, 2009, 12:54:24 PM

Shield isn't that strong, seems to me innate always on stuff is way better than depending on the ai to do the right thing.  The shield is sort of a halfway type of thing it is always on until it gets disarmed sort of like a pet being there until it gets killed.  Between pet and shield i prefer a pet.

On a side note the whip cracks me up, wish i had one.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: April 06, 2009, 01:14:45 PM

Oh, pet is definitely > shield. But shield can be great when you get a big string of blocks. It's certainly better than the potion.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: April 06, 2009, 01:54:05 PM

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: April 06, 2009, 03:00:25 PM

I won.... just. Being beaten up with what looks very much like a leak would be quite shameful :)

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #77 on: April 06, 2009, 03:58:37 PM

I won.... just. Being beaten up with what looks very much like a leak would be quite shameful :)
WTH? Is that really a leek or is it a green onion stalk?

Edit: holy crap I just had a rematch with Kageru and she piledrived me! ACK!

http://okono.mybrute.com/
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 04:05:15 PM by Trippy »
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: April 06, 2009, 04:08:35 PM

So apparently I started out with a pet dog, which I didn't really want.  Levelled up, and got...a second dog :P

http://polysorbate80.mybrute.com

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: April 06, 2009, 10:30:21 PM

Somebody just threw a fucking whip at me.  swamp poop

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: April 07, 2009, 06:36:21 AM

Well. my brute from my earlier link is now in the 3000s in ranking. He's got like 4 weapons which comes in useful. Someone knocks a weapon out of his hand? He'll just draw another one.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: April 07, 2009, 06:39:11 AM

[Edit: holy crap I just had a rematch with Kageru and she piledrived me! ACK!

That piledrive move is devastating with a high strength. I saw the #1 Brute oneshot somebody with it.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: April 07, 2009, 06:55:22 AM

The AI of this thing makes it painful to watch.  I just watched my brute stand there while the other guy threw shurukin (stars?) at him nonstop.  I think my brute is a mental defective. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Salamok
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: April 07, 2009, 07:04:12 AM

The AI of this thing makes it painful to watch.  I just watched my brute stand there while the other guy threw shurukin (stars?) at him nonstop.  I think my brute is a mental defective. 

My brute leveled and got a knife.  It is painful to watch him discard the hammer (98 dmg per hit) and pull out the knife (8 damage per hit), now he sucks.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: April 07, 2009, 07:47:15 AM

Went from hammer to knife AND got shurikowned as well myself.

Both very annoying.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: April 07, 2009, 08:56:54 AM

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: April 07, 2009, 10:34:04 AM

It's Chuck!

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: April 07, 2009, 10:36:24 AM

I never win more than 1 of 3 fights. I have a club, a shield and a knife. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

/schleprock
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: April 07, 2009, 10:43:43 AM

Club, knife, potion. I'll trade you for the shield.

At least I can still beat Lantyssa.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: April 07, 2009, 10:44:59 AM

Knife, potion, enhanced health.  I don't think I like any of them.  My Brute rarely uses the knife and when he does, he throws it early.  I've never seen him use the potion. 

-  Mark Twain
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: April 07, 2009, 11:11:34 AM

I have won EXACTLY 3 times and am still Level 6 from pupils. It seems all I can do well is recruit people to this game. Everything else gets my ass kicked. I have yet to get one of the "FUCK YOU" abilities that everyone I fight seems to have.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #91 on: April 07, 2009, 11:26:33 AM

http://nonentity.mybrute.com

I lost every single one of my 6 fights.

Stupid game. STUPID. I HATE YOU.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: April 07, 2009, 11:27:17 AM

Whee.  I got Feline Agility at level 4 which boosted my agility to 10.  My Survivor ability which is supposed to let me survive mortal strikes with 1 hp has yet to seem to work.  Neither seems to help.  I still suck.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Andarus
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: April 07, 2009, 11:28:58 AM

Try to beat my pet army

http://ortonfour.mybrute.com
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: April 07, 2009, 11:51:47 AM

That's not the AI, it's the shurkiens. I have a brute named Rayvyn who will pull out his shurikens and throw them sometimes as many as 6 times before the other guy acts. Since he got that weapon his win rate has doubled at least.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: April 07, 2009, 12:00:25 PM

NERF Shurikens! 

-  Mark Twain
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #96 on: April 07, 2009, 12:03:08 PM

None of my brutes can beat anyone, even when I fight n00b brutes!  I have one with a whip, spear and some strange looking fan thing and I still never win.  I totally suck at a game that randomly generates everything and completely plays with itself.   I can't even beat Mansaurus.  I should be able to do that, right?  I stole other people's brutes and tried to kick his ass, too.  Posh Spice, Babyspice, Ginger Spice, Lowtax, I even sent Schild after Mansaurus!  I admit that was kind of sick.  In any case, this game drove me nuts for two days.  I would give up but I'm still enjoying stealing brutes that don't belong to me.  

Another thing - the list of people you fight shouldn't disappear at all, ever.  I can't remember the names of all the people who beat me so I can go after them later!  It's made me cranky.

Also - one guy was armed with some sort of winking pig's head.  It disturbed me.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Xurtan
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: April 07, 2009, 12:27:14 PM

http://akumu.mybrute.com

Think I got lucky on him, each level so far gave me a decent weapon. Sai, Spear, Baton. Haven't been ganked too badly, yet.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: April 07, 2009, 01:17:16 PM

If it makes you feel any better Signe, you beat my ass.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #99 on: April 07, 2009, 01:26:24 PM

Did I?  WOO HOO!!!   Yahoo!

oops.  Sorry.   There, there.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Salamok
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: April 07, 2009, 01:29:39 PM

hmm i've created about 10 of these lil critters and i thikn all but 1 of em are above a 60% win rate, I even had 1 beat he mentor down and go 6-0 out of the gate.  Biggest problem is the weapons, if you keep getting weapons as upgrades you get gimped real fast.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: April 07, 2009, 01:35:00 PM

Also curious as to whether someone can explain the pupils to me.

I got points from like the first two, but people seem to have 50,000 for some reason. Do I get a point for every hundredth one or..?

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Severian
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: April 07, 2009, 01:50:22 PM

I've got one of the shuriken pests, he quickly became the favorite of my three characters, even more than my guy with the hammer. I'm lucky so far that it's his only weapon, and I think 6th Sense ability helps him go on the occasional ridiculously long run. He's having more trouble with competition at level 4 than he had up to now, though, I think because added hit points means one run is no longer enough to decide a fight.

He looks the part, too, with a fumanchu mustache, wrapped hands, and Martial Arts.
http://sever1an.mybrute.com/cellule
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #103 on: April 07, 2009, 02:54:27 PM

That's not the AI, it's the shurkiens. I have a brute named Rayvyn who will pull out his shurikens and throw them sometimes as many as 6 times before the other guy acts. Since he got that weapon his win rate has doubled at least.

Yeah Shuriken are way overpowered.  Meet Triangel. She started with the health bonus, and her first upgrade was the shurkien. Now she's got the shield and the sword as well.    I think she's lost only 2 matches, and those were in her initial run up to level 2.   DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

http://triangel.mybrute.com/cellule

Ed: Of course I post that then she immediately loses to a guy with only 56hp and the wolf. Ohhhhh, I see.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 02:56:01 PM by Merusk »

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #104 on: April 07, 2009, 03:26:01 PM

Just had my first fight against shurikens. Stupid overpowered piece of shit, he literally attacked me twelve times in a row.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: My BRUTE!  
Jump to: