Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:51:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: For the 3 of you still playing. (1.2.1) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: For the 3 of you still playing. (1.2.1)  (Read 81753 times)
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

on: March 30, 2009, 12:42:27 PM

1.2.1 patch update.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 01:43:05 PM

Supposedly, they are changing the ae damage mechanic so that BW's can't stack their ae anymore.  Now, they just need to fix the cups that DoK's and WP's get and remove 90% of the cc.  Hell... even that's not enough to fix the boredom that is the endgame. 

EDIT: Yes... I have been playing again.  Stone me.  LotRO couldn't satisfy my bloodlust.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 01:45:24 PM

You could always come play some low tier oRvR with me and morfiend in Phoenix Throne.
Mind you, we never played together.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 01:51:13 PM

You could always come play some low tier oRvR with me and morfiend in Phoenix Throne.
Mind you, we never played together.

Which side?  Order or Destro? 

I love still enjoy the first Tier!

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 01:57:43 PM

Destro on Phoenix Throne.

I have a whole slew of lowbies. I picked the Chosen to take in to T2, and so far it has been a lot of RVR their also.

I really wanted to play a Zealot, but the class is pretty broken. They have all these cool debuff abilities, and life steal abilities, where you damage the opponent and it heals your friendly target, but none of them work for shit. So Zealot just ends up standing in the back spamming heals.
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 02:08:59 PM

Hom. Also picked a Chosen for T2.
Guess I could start a BG or another marauder.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 02:13:44 PM

I have a 12 Zealot, 10 DoK, 10 Marauder and a 5 Sorc also.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 02:29:34 PM

I enjoy the fact, in pretty much every PvP game ever made, there is always too much CC.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 02:39:43 PM

I enjoy the fact, in pretty much every PvP game ever made, there is always too much CC.
If you completely ignore every 2d fighter, yeah.  why so serious?

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 03:02:02 PM

Throw Cheese is totally CC!

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009, 03:46:26 PM

Throw Cheese is totally CC!

The red cyclone owns you.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Zira
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: March 30, 2009, 05:09:30 PM

The Battle for the Gates of Ekrund Expands! – We have added a special 6-on-6 version of the Gates of Ekrund for players between the Ranks of 19-24.  This will help players at these Ranks gain experience faster while the team continues to work on other improvements to the experience-gain pace for those Ranks. Of course, this new Scenario “Broken Gates of Ekrund” is also accompanied by its own quest.

Hahahah, we cant be fucked fixing the XP problem for players between 19 and 24... so here is a new scenario to grind. ACK!
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: March 30, 2009, 08:17:23 PM

I hate that scenario in the regular game... a 6v6... ugh!  Lag jumping extraordinaire. 

-  Mark Twain
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #13 on: March 31, 2009, 12:39:12 AM

why so serious? 6 v 6 HAHHAHAH is that a joke patch might as well put arena to grind n exp in.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
schild
Administrator

Reply #14 on: March 31, 2009, 06:21:30 AM

I would've been OK if the scenarios were all replaced with an arena.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: March 31, 2009, 06:35:16 AM

RK47: Please don't put that quote in your sig.  That wasn't my quote at all... that was my quote edited by someone else.  My quote said "levels 9-11" which was edited out for comedic value.

-  Mark Twain
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: March 31, 2009, 07:25:03 AM

Gates of Ekrund was actually fun (my favorite scenario of the three that I actually enjoyed), but wow what a crock of shit. I'm surprised they haven't given a new influence bar for arenas yet, I'll give it a month until they do.
schild
Administrator

Reply #17 on: March 31, 2009, 09:17:28 AM

RK47: Please don't put that quote in your sig.  That wasn't my quote at all... that was my quote edited by someone else.  My quote said "levels 9-11" which was edited out for comedic value.

I removed it.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: March 31, 2009, 11:51:59 AM

I loved that scenario.  Not a lot places to run around, the pvp was concentrated in one area.

I hate big maps and running around.  Just toss me in there.

They have a whole shit load of "keep upgrades" floating around out there.
waylander
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: March 31, 2009, 11:55:05 AM

With the AOE changes people can actually fight instead of just having RDPS roll their face across a keyboard for the win.

Now they need to fix client lag, leveling speed, ward gear, and crowd control for us to have a quality game.

Lords of the Dead
Gaming Press - Retired
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: March 31, 2009, 12:52:30 PM

With the AOE changes people can actually fight instead of just having RDPS roll their face across a keyboard for the win.

Now they need to fix client lag, leveling speed, ward gear, and crowd control for us to have a quality game.

The changes still dont fix the fact that an aoe still does more damage to every target than their single target spell does. 

I am the .00000001428%
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #21 on: March 31, 2009, 02:05:28 PM

Hell, I would be happy with just fixing EXP. What the fuck would be the harm in increasing EXP gain by double. The real "leveling" should happen at rank 40 anyway, when you are doing your renown ranking.

Maybe someone should show them the numbers on how speeding up leveling in WoW really hurt their subscription numbers.
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #22 on: March 31, 2009, 02:06:50 PM

What the fuck would be the harm in increasing EXP gain by double.
As someone that usually plays solely with rested xp, I can assure you that double isn't enough.

Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #23 on: March 31, 2009, 03:39:38 PM

As someone that usually plays solely with rested xp, I can assure you that double isn't enough.

Do we know that rested gives double? I have been playing with rested also, and it says "Increases exp gained from killing players, monsters and questing". But it doesnt say how much. And if thats true, yes it needs to be at least double of what rested is now.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: March 31, 2009, 06:03:00 PM

Even with rested xp, 20-40 still sucks ass.

I love Tier 1, but tier 2 and 3 slap me in the face like a cold splash of reality.  The endgame... I already knew that sucked.

-  Mark Twain
waylander
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: April 01, 2009, 06:20:10 AM

The changes still dont fix the fact that an aoe still does more damage to every target than their single target spell does. 

Yeah. BW's in Invader gear and other stuff can get 60% chance for crits, and that hurts even if its just 1 BW per ROF.  But right now its a group of 6 BW's each with a 60% chance to crit that is wiping out entire warbands in 5 seconds. You simply cannot heal through that much damage in so short a period of time.

So this fix doesn't address the fact that ROF still hits hard, but at least putting 3 BW's together to roll their face across the keyboard doesn't equal automatic defeat for the other side.

Lords of the Dead
Gaming Press - Retired
Bismallah
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: April 01, 2009, 10:08:23 AM

Whew...
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #27 on: April 01, 2009, 10:35:24 AM

Yeah. BW's in Invader gear and other stuff can get 60% chance for crits.

Some one on the forums actually posted that its quite easy for a BW in that level of gear to get 79% crit chance.
waylander
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: April 01, 2009, 10:53:23 AM

Yeah. BW's in Invader gear and other stuff can get 60% chance for crits.

Some one on the forums actually posted that its quite easy for a BW in that level of gear to get 79% crit chance.

Then its worse than I thought. As a tank I have 10k HP's, and a ROF crit can hit me for up to 2k. So if you put a 6 man BW group somewhere on keep defense or a place where LOS doesn't matter, then can melt an entire warband in about 5 seconds.  Again there's no healer who can keep up a whole warband up when everyone's taking multiple 1500-2,000 point crits.

Even with this change a single BW is still going to be deadly, but at least entire WB's won't be instantly wiped out like they are now.

Lords of the Dead
Gaming Press - Retired
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: April 01, 2009, 11:14:26 AM

Do we know that rested gives double? I have been playing with rested also, and it says "Increases exp gained from killing players, monsters and questing". But it doesnt say how much. And if thats true, yes it needs to be at least double of what rested is now.

Actually im fairly sure its actually triple, and still not nearly enough.  I know i was AE grinding a few nights ago and when my rested exp ran out i went from 800+ exp a kill down to 250-300 or so.

I am the .00000001428%
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #30 on: April 01, 2009, 11:52:54 AM

Having no rested is absolutely brutal. Like horribly horribly brutal. I honestly dont know what they are thinking with their EXP curve. If EXP was tripled from what it is now, they would probably have kept over 100k subs more.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: April 01, 2009, 12:28:20 PM

Having no rested is absolutely brutal. Like horribly horribly brutal. I honestly dont know what they are thinking with their EXP curve. If EXP was tripled from what it is now, they would probably have kept over 100k subs more.

I used to think this... but here's the problem.  Tier 1 is the most fun with Tier 2 close behind.  If they increase leveling speed, people will race through these tiers even faster to discover the shitty endgame sooner.  It's really not the levelling rate that's the problem.  It's the fact that the game sucks after level 11.

-  Mark Twain
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #32 on: April 01, 2009, 12:59:01 PM

It's really not the levelling rate that's the problem.  It's the fact that the game sucks after level 11.

And having to go through such a grind amplificates the problem. If they decrease xp requirements, people will at least play to cap. If they don't, they'll do what they're already doing, which is play until t2, find the leveling speed atrocious, and quit, something that takes about a week.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: April 01, 2009, 01:06:51 PM

Speeding up the leveling rate will help, but I don't think it will help much.  That was my point.  If they want to increase long-term retention, they have to fix the endgame.  Less CC, lower AE dps, lower AE heals, better class balance, and a more interesting seige mechanic. 

Right now keeping people from realizing how shitty the endgame is may be a decent strategy!  (I'm kidding... ok, just a little). 

-  Mark Twain
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: April 01, 2009, 02:01:44 PM

This wouldn't be such a big problem if games went back to giving you stats and skill points to allocate on level ups instead of throwing new abilities at you all the way to max level.  Some classes don't even get their class defining abilities till level 40, thats just fucking retarded.  The way your char plays at level 10 should be exactly how it plays at 40.

I am the .00000001428%
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: For the 3 of you still playing. (1.2.1)  
Jump to: