Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:58:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Server merges announced 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Server merges announced  (Read 57849 times)
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: March 12, 2009, 03:08:30 PM

My god, what's wrong with his voice?
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: March 12, 2009, 03:45:46 PM

I liked the whole anti grinding section, way to go finding the point on a side element of the game and then totally missing it again on the main gameplay part.  Also the whole we aren't doing a recipe based crafting system, there's nothing wrong with recipe based crafting systems, but everybody does them so we want to be different.  How's game design based on standing out from the crowd, as opposed to actually working well, turning out?  I liked PVE players being mentioned further up the importance list than RVR players later on as well.

Since I'm currently in a boardgame stint, I will quote Bruno Faidutti, a renowned board game designer; why so serious?

Originality has never been a token of quality and intelligence, and the lack thereof doesn’t preclude depth and interest. ... They certainly didn’t invent anything new, but they used their impressive gaming culture to make an outstanding synthesis.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Redgiant
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: March 12, 2009, 07:01:09 PM

No surprise that all along they would count on opening in another new market before the next quarterly call.

This is EA/Mythic's version of check kiting. Just keep opening in a new market before each quarter ends. Spin ensues.

Korean WAR site
Taiwanese WAR site

Japan and other parts of mainland China are coming as well.

A FUCKING COMPANY IS AT STEAK
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #73 on: March 12, 2009, 07:29:46 PM

I have no doubt that the subs blipped up a little after the 1.2 announcement, as I'd imagine they  do after every patch announcement.

Really?  Do that many people sit around clicking "refresh" on their browsers to see what is going on with Mythic and their dirty laundry?

I bet most people that felt the game sucked just rode off into the sunset and will never come back.
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: March 12, 2009, 11:51:17 PM

So what hackneyed PR scheme is going to accompany this?  What is Paul going to dress up like, a Chinese coolie from the early 1900s?

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #75 on: March 13, 2009, 03:42:15 AM

Really?  Do that many people sit around clicking "refresh" on their browsers to see what is going on with Mythic and their dirty laundry?

No, they just check their e-mail.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #76 on: March 13, 2009, 08:59:46 PM

So what hackneyed PR scheme is going to accompany this?  What is Paul going to dress up like, a Chinese coolie from the early 1900s?

He'll dress up as a Samurai for Japan and Fu Manchu for China, of course. There will be rice and chopstick jokes galore.

Redgiant
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: March 13, 2009, 09:30:16 PM

He'll dress up as a Samurai for Japan and Fu Manchu for China, of course. There will be rice and chopstick jokes galore.

I look forward to the Internet traffic ban China will institute the first time Mythic lets Taiwanese players cross-post.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 10:56:49 PM by Redgiant »

A FUCKING COMPANY IS AT STEAK
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: March 14, 2009, 02:53:18 AM

More than EQ, less than WoW.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
"Less than EVE", more like.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: March 14, 2009, 04:33:25 AM

I'm picturing something along the lines of the south park episode "The China Problem"
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #80 on: March 14, 2009, 04:56:01 PM

fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: March 20, 2009, 02:02:48 PM

Anyone else have tons of fails on the xfers?

3/12/2009         Ulthuan     Vortex     Failed     
3/12/2009       Ulthuan    Vortex    Failed    
3/10/2009       Chaos Wastes    Dark Crag    Failed
3/10/2009         Sylvania     Vortex     Failed     
3/10/2009       Sylvania    Vortex    Failed    

Cannot tell where my former order f13 char ended up if it even made it :/
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #82 on: March 20, 2009, 02:10:50 PM

Mine failed on one character, not sure why. But my character from Uthuan ended up on Volkmar.
Bismallah
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: March 20, 2009, 02:22:41 PM

How can you fail transfers? Does that mean your character is stuck on the old servers?
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #84 on: March 20, 2009, 05:26:02 PM

You'll fail if you already have characters of the opposite faction in the destination server. In this case, you can just log into account management and pick the server you want.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: March 21, 2009, 11:32:34 AM

You'll fail if you already have characters of the opposite faction in the destination server. In this case, you can just log into account management and pick the server you want.

Checked that first, no options. Just ton's of fails in my xfer logs huzza!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Server merges announced  
Jump to: