Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 06:26:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8)  (Read 806934 times)
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #1575 on: April 19, 2009, 12:48:44 PM

Duh. But I was in mid-transition to Copper Springs due to getting a late start today.

Then you shouldn't have headed for Copper Springs if you started late?

Ohhhhh, I see.?

I was exposed for, at most, 30 minutes. I'm in Copper Springs now sleeping in their super hotel.

Is it me or has Construction on our side been slowed down a lot lately?

Gry can you enter Chatzy? I'm in Springs and I need a target list. :)

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
schild
Administrator

Reply #1576 on: April 19, 2009, 12:49:20 PM

Is it me or has Construction on our side been slowed down a lot lately?

I haven't.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 12:51:22 PM by schild »
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1577 on: April 19, 2009, 01:35:17 PM

I dropped below 80% motivation, so I left town.  I'm doing jobs, and will be rejoining when I need to be KO'd tonight.  I expect to restart construction after my 8 hour nap, after that.  Samwise sent me an invite already, so I'm set - but I want to sleep when I accept so that I can completely game the system and deposit all my money instead of taking a chance on it being taken from me.

How much of what a person is carrying gets taken when they get KO'd?  Is it a percent or what?
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #1578 on: April 19, 2009, 01:37:22 PM

Cash? All of it.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #1579 on: April 19, 2009, 01:39:25 PM

It all doesn't all get defaulted to the person who KO'd you. I believe its the same portion you would normally receive and the rest melts.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #1580 on: April 19, 2009, 02:04:38 PM

A message from Shotgun Joan. I guess he's spamming it to everyone in town.

Hey there cupcakes!!!

Just a friendly note from me to all of you. You have proven that you are masters of all things sleeping...why don't you wake up and fight? I can't imagine that sleeping endlessly is any fun...likely as much fun as getting ko'd every 48hrs.

Regardless, I look forward to fighting each of you. I hope you feel the same.

I urge you to stop your nonsense and fight like men, and not lay down like dogs.

I'll be around for a while, and will not forget to stop by as often as possible. If you want to challenge me, I won't say no. If you want to gang attack me and try to ko me, I am anxious for you to try.

I am going to go work and duel in other towns for awhile so I can gain some more experience and continue to level up...something that you can't do while you hide in the hotels.

Don't be strangers...I won't be.

Hugs and kisses to all my sleeping beauties,
Shotgun John Collins

PS - your town smells like poop, you might want to co-ordinate a large diaper change after your slumber party.

My reply -

Wow. A personal letter from Joan Collins! And to think I thought you were pretty much a has been since back in the old Dynasty days.

Clearly, you've moved on to a productive new career trash talking on the internet!

I'm sorry you're leaving our town to do other things. I'm sure you'll be hearing from us though. That's the great thing about not taking silly browser games too seriously. While you people are all puffed up over your silly little browser towns on the other little browser worlds we get our fun just by continually attacking you and slowing down your progress. Progress that is obviously far more important to you than it is to us.

So have fun watching all of your allies towns grow and develop faster than yours. I know we'll enjoy it!
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1581 on: April 19, 2009, 02:08:06 PM

Really, I think talking to them at all is a mistake at this point.  They seem to get more pissed off when we're quiet and/or tersely derisive than when we actually reply to them.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #1582 on: April 19, 2009, 02:49:59 PM

DirtyBirdy     On 4/19/09 at 11:18 PM
You explain to me how we are losing and I will listen. Are my members sleeping 23hrs a day? No. Are 95% of my members ko'd every 48hrs? No.

You must not understand what it means to be winning.

So please enlighten me?

I anxioulsy await your response.

I almost forgot to mention, whoever your spy is, they can eat my poop. We don't need to stoop to dirty tactics to beat your chump town.

Tell Xuri thanks for his donation. It was greatly appreciated.

Lorekeep     Today at 12:16 AM
"We don't need to stoop to dirty tactics to beat your chump town."

Except bringing in GMs cause you think we're cheating.

Sorry that we're not playing this game the way you want to, but that just makes us better than you.

Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #1583 on: April 19, 2009, 03:03:55 PM

Really, I think talking to them at all is a mistake at this point.  They seem to get more pissed off when we're quiet and/or tersely derisive than when we actually reply to them.

Oh it's getting to them.  People are 'retiring' from the game.

AKA Gyoza
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #1584 on: April 19, 2009, 03:05:36 PM

It really upsets them when we claim to be winning the war. We should work that into our town sign. "Bat Country - Beating Coppers Senseless Since 1883"  awesome, for real
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #1585 on: April 19, 2009, 03:05:57 PM

Some of their members are openly complaining about a lack of protection.

"Nothing yet. I suggest everyone send in a support ticket. The more noise we make the harder the mods will look into the situation.

I will also be posting a call out thread in the general forums on w8...I will post a link once I have it up.

I am tired of these chicken tactics."

Make a thread first gogo.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 03:12:53 PM by gryeyes »
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1586 on: April 19, 2009, 03:15:44 PM

I'm confused.  How exactly do they think we're cheating?

Cheating as opposed to gaming the system, I mean - and aren't they gaming the system?
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #1587 on: April 19, 2009, 03:19:38 PM

They think we all have multiple characters just because we're good at synchronizing our attacks and because years of posting on F13 have made us all sound kind of alike.
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #1588 on: April 19, 2009, 03:20:19 PM

They believe you are all one person with a bunch of boted accounts. Since the complex organization required to queue a duel then sleep is beyond the ability of mortals. You also all sound the same.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #1589 on: April 19, 2009, 03:21:15 PM

Damn you gryeyes! You're me aren't you? I knew it!!
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #1590 on: April 19, 2009, 03:21:24 PM

DirtyBirdy     Today at 12:36 AM
I don't think you are...it's pretty obvious.

Are you guys still sleeping, or should I get my soldiers and duelers back to your town to knock you out again?

Since you didn't give me any evidence of your claim to be winning I will assume that you know you aren't. You aren't better then me, or anyone else in my town...dare I say you aren't better then anyone else playing this game?

You should have stayed playing on-line checkers or whatever game you used to play.

Cheers.

Lorekeep     Today at 12:48 AM
I don't mention it because you're too stubborn to be convinced otherwise, so why waste the energy? Just like trying to cajole me to change our town's playing strategy just so you can benefit is a stupid waste of your time.

By the way all the telegrams and forum posts your members are making are hilarious. It's like we don't have to do anything but be annoying to you and you do all the work of entertaining us.

If they are trying to send in a bunch of support tickets then they are backing the wrong horse.

Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #1591 on: April 19, 2009, 03:23:00 PM

They were convinced that four of us were one person because we coordinated attacks. Its the Internet dudes.

Now that they have seen no bans, they're less sure about that and so now they're upset about us using the hotels to snipe with protection and want the devs to allow them to kill people in hotels. So they are going to make a thread to whine about the 'exploit' and us in general.

Which means that by tomorrow, we'll be batting the entire forum clique. Maximum the lulz.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
schild
Administrator

Reply #1592 on: April 19, 2009, 03:23:12 PM

They think we all have multiple characters just because we're good at synchronizing our attacks and because years of posting on F13 have made us all sound kind of alike.

Mes ne atrodo vienas kitą.
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #1593 on: April 19, 2009, 03:30:10 PM

If they do make a whine thread on the forums, we should just all reply with 'WAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!' with our unique ips and make it easy on the GM's.

AKA Gyoza
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #1594 on: April 19, 2009, 03:34:48 PM

I think we should be friendly and nice and be very understanding of how difficult it must be to be soundly beaten by a town half their size.
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #1595 on: April 19, 2009, 03:36:16 PM

I'm also for the silent treatment.  Unless the flame war is a major part of your enjoyment, then have some free fun.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #1596 on: April 19, 2009, 03:37:51 PM

So they claim we're running multiple accounts, but then one of their douches spam mails the whole town.  I got Joan Collins' telegram as well.  

I can't figure out if I should Yo dawg him or not.  What I want to do respond with a simple "You're a vagina", but that seems so beneath me.  
Kamen
Terracotta Army

Reply #1597 on: April 19, 2009, 03:39:37 PM

Dirty Bird has posted his rant/whine on the world 8 forum.

Read and enyoy.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1598 on: April 19, 2009, 03:40:32 PM

Tailor finished. Awesome shirt available. Wooo.

Also: http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=16917

Edit: I took care of that thread.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 03:43:43 PM by schild »
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #1599 on: April 19, 2009, 03:42:10 PM

Arguing with people like that is demeaning.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1600 on: April 19, 2009, 03:43:37 PM

Some response is called for. 

Like, pointing out their duplicitous dealings with our town.

Or what Schild posted.
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #1601 on: April 19, 2009, 03:45:29 PM

The retardation, it hurts.

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #1602 on: April 19, 2009, 03:50:28 PM

This gets better and better. 
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #1603 on: April 19, 2009, 04:00:59 PM

Tailor finished. Awesome shirt available. Wooo.

I checked the next tier.  If possible, can you priorize tailor lvl 6 over gunsmith lvl 6?

Tailor lvl 6 is full of nice cloth for ranged soldier while gunsmith lvl 6 only offer melee weapons.  Our melee fighters should be pretty good with the new shirts from tailor lvl 5.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #1604 on: April 19, 2009, 04:06:44 PM

I herby wish a hearty welcome to our visitors from the wild wild west...  awesome, for real

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #1605 on: April 19, 2009, 04:10:37 PM

We are unmasked! By a Non-Copper of all people, because the Coppers were too stupid to play the Internet right.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #1606 on: April 19, 2009, 04:14:09 PM

It should take them a while to read through 46 pages and arrive here.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Sutro
Terracotta Army

Reply #1607 on: April 19, 2009, 04:14:49 PM

Time it takes the ~90 members of Copper Creek/Springs/Cove to find a prominently advertised Internet opponent: Huh

Time from thread creation for random guy on the Internet to find said opponent: 32 minutes.

DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #1608 on: April 19, 2009, 04:15:45 PM

How expensive is a basic town with just a mortician. And how many people can be in it.

Depends on how good a builder you are.  It takes $300 for the town, and then 100 points of construction for the mortician.  I think the latter took me $780 to complete, but I'm a soldier not a builder.

Basic town holds 5 people.

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #1609 on: April 19, 2009, 04:17:34 PM

Maybe then they can see that we didn't start the fire. It was always burning since the world was turning.

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 106 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8)  
Jump to: