Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:11:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8) 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8)  (Read 802112 times)
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #1260 on: April 15, 2009, 08:50:41 AM

You could get that guy banned just for making threats. Abusing the town mechanics is not cheating. We can even use our sister town to KO our own workers so then they can build in peace. I guess if you optimize your stats and building it reduces the time and cost by a great deal. But ive never built anything so im not sure how it works.
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #1261 on: April 15, 2009, 08:51:14 AM

I haven't fought Shotgun John Collins yet but he has that stupid +15 vigor shirt.  He should be good.  Lets hope his aim is crap.
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #1262 on: April 15, 2009, 08:54:31 AM

Also - where are their forums?

Their ingame forums. How can i see which enemies are in our town? Is there a way?
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1263 on: April 15, 2009, 09:03:29 AM

Click on the teeny player icon at our town.  It'll show you a list.

gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #1264 on: April 15, 2009, 09:05:07 AM

of course  Facepalm
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #1265 on: April 15, 2009, 09:31:01 AM

Don't get their alts banned.  That's just weak.  They'll just say their 'wives' are playing.  But we know they're all eunuchs.

AKA Gyoza
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #1266 on: April 15, 2009, 09:40:07 AM

Don't get their alts banned.  That's just weak.  They'll just say their 'wives' are playing.  But we know they're all eunuchs.
Not yet... not yet...

edit: Also, new thread on the ingame war forum, seemed to be a good idea.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #1267 on: April 15, 2009, 09:43:37 AM

Is anyone on who can toss me an invite?
Sutro
Terracotta Army

Reply #1268 on: April 15, 2009, 09:45:15 AM

Jesus, you're some hungry, hungry cash eaters. I'll drop 4 hours of construction cash in about 2 hours. I was hoping to save for the tailor 4 goodies, but nooooo...  ;p

-Sutro

gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #1269 on: April 15, 2009, 09:46:18 AM

save it im about to drop a load.
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #1270 on: April 15, 2009, 09:46:29 AM

This game almost demands irc.

AKA Gyoza
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1271 on: April 15, 2009, 09:52:54 AM

My current immunity expires in about 6 hours and I'm trying to arrange for it to happen when I'm low on energy and need to sleep anyway.

The way to do this is to hike to their town and spend all your energy duelling their dudes to spend your energy down.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS  I did this last night for the first time and it was very satisfying.  Got a nice bucket of XP too.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Sutro
Terracotta Army

Reply #1272 on: April 15, 2009, 09:55:08 AM

Yeah, I think I'll plan to do that tomorrow, although unfortunately immunity drops for me at a real inconvenient time when I'm gonna be AFK for about eight hours afterward. Hmm.

gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #1273 on: April 15, 2009, 09:58:30 AM

Sleep at their town twice 16hrs of safety.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1274 on: April 15, 2009, 10:02:57 AM

zabar and manores have attacked me today.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #1275 on: April 15, 2009, 10:03:29 AM

The Legion, one of the larger allies of the Coppers, has finally showed up. They've had 3 of their top duelers tackle me pretty hard given that none of the Coppers can touch me now.

I'm going to talk to their leader, try and point out that this isn't a one vs. all situation but one vs. one.

But, yeah, we could probably afford to start bringing allies of our own into this. Pyjamas is their leader.

Lorekeep     Today at 7:29 PM
Looks like the cavalry finally showed up.

So tell me, why are you taking the Copper side of things when they started this and they are the aggressors?

Also, despite their overly-cocky attitude at the beginning our troubles, they seem to be the weaker party in all this and can't make it on their own without using their allies as a crutch in negotiations AND in dueling.

We don't have a beef with the allies. We only have a problem with the Coppers.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #1276 on: April 15, 2009, 10:14:20 AM

4 attacks that knocked me out with full energy (ugh) all within 40 minutes of each other.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #1277 on: April 15, 2009, 10:19:27 AM

Can i get an invite?
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1278 on: April 15, 2009, 10:23:30 AM

From my vantage point, it doesn't matter how many allies they bring in, because I'm getting KOed every 48 hours like clockwork anyway, and I've learned to make it work to my advantage -- the immunity period lets me stay away from town doing jobs longer, whereas before I'd always go home after each job to protect me from random muggings.  And I've learned to mitigate the energy loss by timing my vulnerability and spending myself down by KOing their guys right before they KO me.

So getting KOed doesn't bother me any more, and is even beneficial in some ways, but it obviously still bothers them a whole lot.  This makes it impossible for me to lose, since they can't do anything worse to me than KO me.  

Asymmetric warfare ftw.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #1279 on: April 15, 2009, 10:32:12 AM

To recap!

High Lander     On 4/14/09 at 2:01 AM
Guess what? It's a game. Wanna come to my fucking house and act big? Or do you wanna sit behind a computer? Why do pricks like you get so fucking stupid over a game? Boo Freaking Hoo, tell me when you're in NC so I can kick your ass.

--

Today's response:

--

Lorekeep     Today at 7:57 PM
Sorry I was laughing at you for several days. It is pretty funny how it's just a game but then you get all pissy and threaten real life recourse.

As soon as I cross the border into NC, I'll be sure to send you a message since that's your turf. When you leave NC, which means you've bothered to leave the house for a change, let me know so I can adjust my real life plans over someone I encountered in a game.

On to something that actually matters! Looks like your allies finally showed up. It's about time! Your people were starting to get their asses handed to them by us, so I guess it's time to move up to a bigger challenge.

I mean, hell, most everyone in your town couldn't even beat me in a straight-up duel. Me! Mr. "Pure Adventurer". That includes your Sheriff and his posse. Why I was even able to spend some time after my 48 hour protection was up out in the open!

--

Let's see what we pull out of the bucket of awesome.

Sutro
Terracotta Army

Reply #1280 on: April 15, 2009, 10:34:22 AM

Something I'm figuring out is that it doesn't do a whole lot of good, warfare-wise, to KO their builders and adventurers. Killing their soldiers and duelists, OTOH, takes away their primary method of xp for two whole days. I'm thinking that if we really want to bring them to their knees, those are the ones we have to target.

Soldiers can be a bit of a pain to target, especially if they're RMTd, but duelists should drop easysauce because they're mostly high on appearance... kit yourself out for appearance to exploit their lack of tactics and ownage.

We'll see if I can actually put this into practice tomorrow.

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #1281 on: April 15, 2009, 10:41:38 AM

Workers impact their cash flow. If they are killed mid-work, they lose the money from doing the construction, any money on them, and can't build for 8 hours at the least. It's hurting their town's wallet overall.

I think it's best if our workers don't do any town work unless they are under KO protection.

You're right about soldiers / duelers though.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 10:47:44 AM by Lorekeep »

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1282 on: April 15, 2009, 10:45:01 AM

Workers are easier to kill too.  Take em all down, imo.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1283 on: April 15, 2009, 10:49:04 AM

I agree with you in terms of pure mechanics, Sutro, although they don't have too many actual duelists (most people who want to duel go soldier since duelist offers so few bonuses).  From a psychological standpoint, though, it obviously pisses them off no end to have their builders/adventurers KOed.

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1284 on: April 15, 2009, 10:50:35 AM

KO'd by Harry Ballzak and Shotgun John Collins.

2 days of immunity, coming up.    Thumbs up!
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #1285 on: April 15, 2009, 10:52:36 AM

You also have to figure the level 30ish gear starts to cost 7k? I think is the most expensive item i have seen. Whats the max limit a bank can hold? Many people have to hold a substantial amount of cash on them to purchase expensive shit. The money and time they have to rest is the only hindrance but it can slow you down substantially.
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #1286 on: April 15, 2009, 10:54:56 AM

Workers impact their cash flow. If they are killed mid-work, they lose the money from doing the construction, any money on them, and can't build for 8 hours at the least. It's hurting their town's wallet overall.

I think it's best if our workers don't do any town work unless they are under KO protection.

You're right about soldiers / duelers though.

Nah, there's plenty of jobs for us to do in our 48hr protection.  Getting KO'd helps us recover dueling motivation. Towards the end of my last spree, I couldn't hit shit due to low motivation.  Best thing to do to retard their progression is kill kill kill.  Kill more than them, and they can't kill us, or work.

AKA Gyoza
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #1287 on: April 15, 2009, 10:55:26 AM

You also have to figure the level 30ish gear starts to cost 7k? I think is the most expensive item i have seen. Whats the max limit a bank can hold? Many people have to hold a substantial amount of cash on them to purchase expensive shit. The money and time they have to rest is the only hindrance but it can slow you down substantially.

From what you've read on their forums, have they found this thread yet?

AKA Gyoza
schild
Administrator

Reply #1288 on: April 15, 2009, 10:56:24 AM

Weird, I have beef with anyone not in Bat Country. I'm just being nice by not attacking our supposed allies. awesome, for real
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1289 on: April 15, 2009, 10:56:48 AM

From what you've read on their forums, have they found this thread yet?

Based on the messages we've been getting from them, I doubt most of them have found their own dicks yet.

Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #1290 on: April 15, 2009, 11:00:40 AM

Eunuchs, like I said.

AKA Gyoza
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #1291 on: April 15, 2009, 11:01:22 AM

They have no idea. They bitch and whine about getting attacked often. Funny considering the circumstances. I tried to instigate war by attacking all of their allies workers for days on end but it didn't work.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1292 on: April 15, 2009, 11:05:48 AM

They have no idea. They bitch and whine about getting attacked often. Funny considering the circumstances.

My guess is that the rank and file have no idea that their leaders are the cause of their current misery.  Are there any particular workers or adventurers who seem bent out of shape?  I'm tempted to wail on them specially and then send a very polite telegram telling them it's nothing personal, but their leaders have made it very clear that they want a no-holds-barred fight with everyone involved and I'm trying to oblige.  It might sow some dissent in the ranks.

gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #1293 on: April 15, 2009, 11:08:32 AM

There really is not much communication at all between them. They do have a restricted forum that i do not have access to. But when i was going apeshit on their allies it took 2 days before any complaints got to me. I KO'd several low level workers talking shit to them the entire time. These guys are playing on multiple servers at the same time i don't think they really pay that much attention. Most useful thing is seeing who has cash and attacking them heh.

Here is some worker stuff.

Here is a formula to calculate how many construction points you will use per 2hrs working:

CP=(0.3766*x)+(18.526*y)

x=Labour Points
y=Motivation

For Example:

A player with 180 labour points, and 100% motivation working on constructing level 5 residence.

180-65=115 Labour Points

CP=(0.3766*115)+(18.526*1)
CP=61.835

100% Motivation = 1
95% Motivation = .95
90% Motivation = .90
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1294 on: April 15, 2009, 11:10:07 AM

Any indication who's in the loop with the leaders and who's out of it?  (If I try propagandizing I'd like to aim it at the people who have the weakest ties with their leadership.)  Or do they all seem out of it?

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 106 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8)  
Jump to: